Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

This is the best hair treatment that I have ever used (and I have tried dozens and dozens of different products!) I have very thick and dry hair that I have found impossible to get moisturized before finding this product. I understand this is a protein treatment that is advised to be used only once or twice a week, but my hair is so dry that I actually use it every time I wash my hair (which is every other day.) I have not experienced any dryness due to 'overuse.' I am just left with soft, shiny, and manageable hair. Something that no other hair treatment has ever been able to give me. I use this in conjunction with the entire K-Pak line (I use the shampoo, the conditioner, and then leave this in my hair for 5 minutes before rinsing it out.) This is a miracle product for me. I will continue to repurchase even though it is more expensive than what I am used to spending on hair care products.

on 3/28/2012 1:05:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This saved my hair. A couple of years ago I made the not so bright decision of bleaching my hair blonde after I had been dying my hair box black for years. Needless to say, tons of money spent for color correction and the end result was extremely damaged hair in a not so desirable shade. My hair was breaking off left and right. K-pak deep penetrating re-constructor saved my hair. My stylist who did my color correction had me doing k-pack treatments at her salon. I eventually found it in a local store and started using it, along with the other Joico K-pack products. My hair became stronger, silkier and healthier. No longer did my hair feel like hay or was it breaking off when I brushed it. I owe my hair to Joico.

on 3/27/2012 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm really glad I came across this! At first I was contemplating whether to purchase the reconstructor or the hydrator. I wasn't aware they are usually used together. I wanted to buy one and then if I liked it buy the other for that extra effect.

It has actually really helped my hair. My hair is pretty damaged due to dyeing, hair straighteners, blow dryers, chemical straightening, etc. The ends felt like straw which really bothered me. I bit the bullet and bought this after much thought. After only two uses the ends of my hair no longer felt like straw! I have very thick coarse long hair. I like how well this penetrated the ends and brought it back to life. One thing I dislike it the scent and texture. It smells and feels like banana nut pudding. I use it in the shower (I don't dry my hair and leave it in and then wash it again).

I should also add that I have been using Moroccan Oil in conjunction with this, so some of the effects may be due to that treatment as well.

on 3/25/2012 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

there is lot of enough good review. so I will skip my review.
but I would like to add about how often this should use .

I had ask to hair stylist & people ( hair care board)
but all answer was diffrent. some says once 2 weeks,
some says once a week.
ofcorse depends on each hair condition.

my hair is dameged ( heat/hot roller/ hair dye)
lot of brakege & shedding.
so I sent E-mail to Joico to ask how often is safe to use.

also I was told at hair care board that I should use it before hair color
but NOT after.

this is answer from Joico.

Q *HOW OFTEN & HOW LONG

A * Step 1 K-PAK SHAMPOO
Gently cleanses as it reconstructs to restore hair's elasticity, strength and shine. May be used daily.

Step 2 K-PAK CONDITIONER
Delivers the precise amount of daily conditioning needed to reconstruct the hair internally and at the cuticle level. May be used daily.

Step 3 K-PAK DEEP-PENETRATING RECONSTRUCTOR
Offers the maximum in hair reconstruction and protection, restoring weak and damaged hair to its original strength and condition.
Product Usage: 2-3 times per week. Apply to freshly shampooed hair for 5 minutes (no heat)

Step 4 K-PAK INTENSE HYDRATOR
Restores moisture to overly dry, damaged hair, leaving it softer, shinier and more hydrated and manageable.
ProductUsage: 2-3 times per week. Apply to freshly shampooed hair for 5 minutes (no heat)
*Intense Hydrating Treatment may be used by itself or after K-PAK Reconstructor

Q * AFTER OR BEFORE HAIR COLOR?

A. It is perfectly safe to color your hair before or after using the treatment.

Sorry to report that this doesn't actually work for me. I used it for three months with the intense hydrator and reconstructing conditioner and no noticable results--i still have damaged hair and split ends. I don't like the liquidly consistency of the product because it runs right out of the bottle when you open it, you have to be verry careful not to spill it, and its awkward to apply it to your hair and make it stay. The banana smell was overwhelming at first and gave me a headache the first time. The packaging is also inconvenient because it is a tube, and like i said the product is so runny that it spills out everywhere since the opening of the tube is on the bottom. I also dont' like how for the k-pak system you have to wait 5 minutes and then rinse it out, then apply the next product for another 5 minutes, then rinse and do it again. thats 3 times!! what are you supposed to do in between while you wait in the shower?

Ultimately though, the product didn't help repair my damaged hair.

on 3/9/2012 4:08:00 PM

Keeping it for more than 5 mins, and then the next Kpak step for further 5 mins gives only average results. Too much hassle for poor results. On its own hair without shine, only next step electrisized hair.

I have used better stuff definitely, for similar price and much better outcome is Klorane papyrus or magnolia.

on 3/8/2012 11:22:00 PM

This product is simply amazing if USED CORRECTLY. People who don't like this are either using it too frequently or in the wrong way. Number one point- this is a reconstructor not a conditioner. This is meant to build up hair that is weak and damaged. I have naturally auburn hair and every 4 to 5 months I get bleached highlights. I straighten my hair other everyday. I also blow-dry it every other night when I wash it. Naturally, my hair is fried. First things first I cut off around 5 inches. This will not fix your split ends, nothing does. This will reconstruct the hair that is damaged. It adds protein and has the same pH balance as your hair does and uses amino acids and keratin to build it up. It is simply amazing at what it does.

TO USE: (only use once, MAYBE twice a week)

Wash hair
Towel dry hair
Squeeze out two quarter sizes
Apply throughout ends and work up
Leave in for 10 minutes
Rinse
ADD conditioner after !

If you use it this way it is perfect for those who are looking to strengthen your hair and improve the texture and health. It is so worth it. You won't regret it

on 2/18/2012 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've only used this product three times over the last month (once every ten days) so if I notice any difference with continued use I'll edit. My long dark hair is pretty damaged from constant heat styling and living in a hot climate, so I was interested to see what a protein product would do for my hair. The first time I used this I followed it up with a normal conditioner because i've heard that this product can be drying if used on its own, and the further two times I followed it with my L'oreal intense repair treatment. I followed the instructions and washed my hair, applied the product then left for just under 5 minutes, rinsed then followed with conditioner. I have to say that I've noticed absolutely no difference whatsoever to the condition of my hair, and I think that if i'd just used the intensive conditioner alone I would have had the same results. I was hoping that this would strengthen my hair so that in further washes (i wash my hair every two days) I'd notice that my hair is stronger and less fragile, but I can't see any difference at all - after my follow up wash a couple of days later when i just use gentle shampoo and conditioner my hair is pretty much the same - still pretty damaged at the ends and breaking easily when i brush and blow dry. This certainly hasn't damaged my hair or dried it out, but I just don't notice any improvement or change at all, and for that reason I wouldn't purchase again. Smells awesome, though, which makes it nice to use, and I'll finish the tube. Hopefully I'll see some results with more extended use.

on 1/31/2012 12:30:00 PM

As a licensed and practicing cosmetologist I have used many (many!) "reconstructors" but I keep coming back to this one. The smell is more than a little off-putting, but if you can hold your breath while you apply it's a small price to pay. The difference it makes is noticeable even in the shower and with continued use it can remedy the over-processed "mushy" feeling that comes with too many chemical treatments.

A word of advice: it is essential to use the accompanying K-Pak Moisture Intense Hydrator Treatment to avoid the "dry" feeling some commenters have experienced. When using a reconstructor you are adding protein back into hair that has been chemically treated (and in turned stripped of the natural proteins) which can in turn make hair feel "dry." Using the the Intense Hydrator immediately after rinsing the Reconstructor will replenish the moisture and give that soft & silky feeling we all associate with "healthy hair."

Hope that helps a little - Joico's KPak line is a God-send for my long, chemically-processed hair!

on 1/20/2012 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I actually like this product. It does make my hair dry if I use to much do really use a little and rinse with cool water I like to follow it up with a deep mask :)