July 28, 2014 | 1148 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Christinarhea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mask for years. I've tried others but always go back. The scent is awesome and it feels nice and tingly. After it dries you can see little oily spots where your large pores are so you know it's drawing out all that gunk from your pres. Will never try another.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mask! I used it about a year and a half ago from my ex-roommate, and ever since then I found myself still thinking about it. I was just obsessed with the way it left my skin.

A tip for someone using it for the first time: this mask is very strong, but not in a bad way. It really does succeed at unclogging pores and drying pimples etc, so the first time you put it on it might burn/sting for a minute. That's normal. After your first time it shouldn't happen at all or as often. If it burns and stings to the point where its not normal and you can't handle it, THEN take it off. Some people mistake the burning sensation for irritation, but it's really just penetrating the skin, rememeber it has mint in it!

This is my go-to mask for bad skin days because once I take it off, I look and feel like a new person. My pores are basically gone, my skin is baby smooth, and any blemishes I have are significantly reduced. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by livloper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this one day at Sally's and it was a huge tub of it for only $5 so I decided to give it a shot. I am so glad I did. I use this on days when my skin just isn't as bright or flawless as I want it to be. If I am having a bad skin day I will pop this all over my skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. And once its off I feel like my skin has just been completely renewed. It also helped on the appearance of my pores. All around a great product with an amazing price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Creolepastry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mask! I use it once a week and it is amazing. Very cheap as well. It minimizes my pores. Very hard to get off (but it is a mask lol) and I love the minty smell/feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by JudithJoselin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mask its just DA BOMB<333

My mother used to use it, My grandma used to use it, my great grandmother, and now no me! Its just great for getting all that gunk out of your face, decongesting pores and as a pimple treatment (it really dries the suckers up) and for $3 you cant really beat that👍

Overall:
Love the smell, its so minty and refreshing. Nice thick consistency, a bit hard to get out but not impossible, lasts like hell, gets the job done and the price is a bang for you buck!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by vah29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand this mask at all. I bought it after hearing so many rave reviews. It burned my skin and gave me a bunch of red bumps while doing nothing for my pores. It started to feel really uncomfortable so I rushed to wash it off only to find that my skin had some sort of reaction and it looked like I broke out in tiny pimples everywhere. I have oily skin but this did nothing except make my skin feel really irritated. Not recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Feels great. After first use, blackheads on nose appeared gone (they came back, but still impressive even for the short term). Followed with cerave pm and equate knockoff polysporin on an open blemish. Face is feeling refreshed. Lots of good stuff in here, with the kaolin clay, sulfur, and zinc to dry up that surface acne. Probably not doing much for cystic acne, but I'm resigned to the fact that mine is hormonal and responds best to a gentle skin care regime with spot treatment when I need it. Great rec from Allie on XOvain blog. Will be following her routine after a $500 bout of complete failure with Paulas Choice, PTR, Clinique, etc products that were astronomically more expensive!

EDIT: every time I use this, my skin initially feels great, but then within a couple of days I get clogs or tiny zits and that general "my skin is not at it's best right now" feeling. I think it may be slightly irritating. I agree with another reviewer who said it's so good at bringing out impurities I'm starting to wonder if it's actually causing them. I'm relegating it to the back of the medicine cabinet for now. Knew it was too good to be true.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a product I have repurchased in the past and most likely will purchase again. I use this product after cleaning my face. It goes on thick but creamy. It is fairly easy to spread, but just make sure you spread it evenly or else it will take a long time to dry. It is green and has a minty smell. It does have a slight tingle when you put it on but nothing uncomfortable. It says to leave it on for 15 minutes, but I usually just leave it on until it dries completely. I remove it with a warm, wet washcloth. It reduces the size of my pores dramatically. It also helps dry out acne. The mask is also very cheap and widely available. This is a great product for the price. I just wish it was in a jar instead of a tube because it's difficult to squeeze our of the tube.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Two things to note: 1) I have dry, non-sensitive skin. I anticipated a slight stinging sensation upon application, as those with dry skin should since this is a pore minimizing, tightening product. To avoid this discomfort, use only in areas that you are oily or get blemishes. You can even use it as a spot treatment. If you have oily skin, you should be able to use this all over without issue. If you have sensitive skin, or have ever reacted to a face product, just don't buy this mask; chances are you won't like it.

2) This is a cheap product. You get what you pay for. It's fine! It's not miraculous, but if you know your skin type and use it appropriately in the ways mentioned above, you should have some positive results. It also smells delicious, if you're into mint, and happens to be my favorite color (whatever, judge me!).