Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, Kaolin, Bentonite, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI#77288), Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

on 11/15/2014 5:26:00 PM

I really like this product. Its VERY tingly and can be too much for some people but I dont mind it. It leaves my skin feeling very refreshed, smooth, tightens all my pores and dries up blemishes. The smell is not the best, and the packaging makes it really hard to get the product out since it's very thick. A tub would be better. Also, taking it off requires a cloth of some sort, it would take a while to get off with just water and hands. Its all worth it though because my skin glows afterwards and feels super soft. Plus it's super cheap!

on 11/7/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Incredible product, let me just start by saying ive never been a girl that got pimples, im 20 and all throughout my teenage years i only got the occasional breakout at the time of the month, this was until i took hairfinity pills a product that contains a high level of biotin i rarely drink alot of water and the pills broke me out TERRIBLY u can imagine how bad it was for me as someone who rarely got acne, in comes mint julep. I purchased after buying many products while trying to get rid of my horrid breakout. it smells and looks like toothpaste i applied and left for 20mins washed off and my skin literally GLOWED. by the next day i could see some acne had dried up and in 2 days my skin looked MUCH better i am not kidding youve GOT to try this stuff ontop of it all its so CHEAP for the amount you get.

on 10/18/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I consider this to be a toning, rather than a deep-cleaning, product. It feels great, and smells great (at least until you rinse it off and get that residual sulfur stench), but it doesn't really clean or unclog anything, at least for me. My favorite use is applying it to a pimple, either fully erupted or still under the skin, and leaving it on overnight - that dries it up significantly, and will often prevent the under-the-skin ones from erupting altogether. Of course, Mint Julep Masque stains everything it touches green, sometimes permanently, so I have a special washcloth for taking it off and a special towel for putting over my pillows when I leave it on overnight. It is fun to occasionally use it all over my face for that classic girly masque experience, but I don't think it really does anything other than tone, and maybe brighten a bit. But hey, it's dirt-cheap and easy to find now (unlike in 2009, when I had to drive across town to get it), so I keep it around. It's very stiff and hard to squeeze out of the tube even when it's full - frequently, too much comes out, and it gets to be barely usable when the tube is half-empty or so. I'd actually rather have it in a pot, and use a skincare spatula or brush, or my clean fingers, to apply.

on 10/15/2014 7:38:00 PM

I don't hate this mask, but it's not my holy grail, either. It works semi-well. it does tend to help me rid my face of some oil, but I don't think it rinses away blackheads by a long shot. It helps, but, it's no magician. I don't think it really affects my pores, at all. Maybe if I just had slightly enlarged pores. But alas, my pores were like craters, so, no dice. I recommend skipping this mask and investing in a Clarisonic. Mine has worked wonders on my skin.

on 10/12/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not quite sure how to feel about this product, honestly. Nowadays I consider anything that doesn't cause me to break out an "okay" product. I love how this masque goes on--very smooth and creamy. I love the smell and the tingly feeling. I don't feel like it has done a whole lot for my skin overall but it does do a good job of refreshing. Overall, it's a decent product but don't expect this to be life-changing.

on 10/11/2014 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Aghh, I have tried so many times to like this product. I WANT to like this product! It's such a great price point and I can get it at my grocery store!! But every time I put it on it stings (and not in a pleasant, 'its working!' way). The burn is mild-ish so I fight through but every time I've taken it off I haven't seen the results I've had with other masks. Bummer.

on 10/10/2014 11:22:00 AM

I've been using this product since I was in H.S. (back in the early 2000's). It does what it says and it leaves your face feeling refreshed. I've also noticed that my skin is less prone to blackheads and acne. I have combination skin and although it does absorb the oils in my skin it also keeps my skin from over-drying. I've read other reviews of people complaining that after the product dries it's hard to remove. No offense but did ya'll read the label.... wash it off with warm water and if need be use a cloth :) Overall a great affordable buy and I will continue to buy for many years to come.

on 10/5/2014 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Sadly this mask didn't give me the amazing results other people had. This did nothing for my acne when used as an overall mask or as a spot treatment. It didn't minimize the look of my pores either. It did leave my skin very soft though, but that's not enough for me to repurchase. But at roughly four bucks from Sally's it's definitely worth the try.

on 10/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This used to be my holy grail until I came across Bentonite Clay. But this did help my inflamed/irritated acne. Mint cools down the flared up acne.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

im not sure how i feel about this mask. i feel as though all the masks i have tried are all the same. i have acne prone skin and dont see any difference using this.

Popular Masks