April 17, 2014 | 1817 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hearthayley

I bought this product years ago and have yet to review it! This product is great fro clearing up my break outs. I have combination skin, so I always have to moisturizer after using this mask (as with any other mask I use). This mask doesn't do too much for my blackheads, but since my acne is a bigger and more noticeable problem, I mainly focus on clearing that up, which this mask does. If you are looking for a mask, give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I saw this product being reviewed on MUA and realized that I had purchased this mask many years ago at Sally's. I kept wanting to go out and repurchase but it always seemed to slip my mind. Two weeks ago I found my old tube and had to try it out. After god knows how long under my sink the product was still good and I was able to apply it to my face. It took about 30 minutes for it to dry completely and about 15 minutes in it began to crack. I noticed the areas like my nose, forehead, and chin had little spots of darkness as if the oil was being sucked out of my pores. I didn't give it a 5/5 because I had redness on my face that subsided after a few hours but I didn't feel like my skin was irritated at all. I love it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Backmasking

Since I have very dry sensitive skin, I use this only on my t-zone to help with black heads.

Even just using it in that specific area, it is still very drying. I can only imagine what it would do if I applied it all over my face.

I recommend Freeman's masks, they much better quality, cleanse extremely well, are extremely cheap, and also moisturize.

P.S. Any skin product that 'tingles' when you put it on your face is NOT FROM CLEANSING. It is drying out your skin. NEVER EVER use ANYTHING that gives you that tingly sensation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by rosalee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally I had purchased this product in a tub from Sally's Beauty about 3 years ago and I loved it. It made my skin feel refreshed and it wouldn't dry it out - I have oily skin and back then I did not have problems with acne. I would use it as a mask once a week just to clear out more pores and for that clean feeling I would also use it as overnight spot treatment as it would aid with blemish healing. I threw out the product after a few months because the tub was a little messy and my product hardened so I never repurchased it only because I couldn't find the squeeze bottle version.

Last week I went to my local grocery store's beauty section and found the squeeze bottle and immediately added it to my basket; I came home and used it and I found it burned a bit and it felt a little too dry - I'm on acne medication (Differin Gel .3, Acanya & oral Minocyclen) for acne I developed only in the last 6 months on my left cheek jawline area. I thought it could help with that but my skin is too sensitive for it and can't handle it right now but I still love this product for the results I had previously seen.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I like this mask a lot. I have many different masks/treatments that are designated for certain skin days, but this one is something I can almost always use/count on. I find it works the best when I am a bit more oily and need to get gunk off my face - this mask never fails me when it comes to de-slicking my skin. However, if my skin is dry I don't like to use this. Any mask with clay is going to suck all the oils out - and if you are dry at some point, you need those oils to keep your skin balanced!! Overall, this is a good mask to have in your collection. It's cheap, takes care of oil build up, reduces pimples, and comes in a squeeze tube instead of a tub. (much more sanitary!)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by MaggieHelena

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love thissss :)♡♡ smells like spearament gum on the face! clears up my face during breakouts :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by valeriexlove

definitely a good product! after using it my face feels so soft and I look and feel rejuvenated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I like this a lot. I tend to use it as a spot mask rather than all over since lately I've been dry. It's cheap and the ingredients are simple. I don't think it's a replacement for my sulfur spot treatment though, so I will be getting that again. I also like more moisturizing masks, but I use this to help dry out zits. It scared me at first, being kind of budget, but I find the simpler something is, the better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

this is the 4th clay mask i have ever used.

Pros:
1)cheap
2)make your pores look cleaner
3)unlike the previous clay masks which i have used, this mask does't not make your face oily after using it.

Cons:
1)hard to apply and harder to wash off! Even after washing my face, i am still able to see a thin layer of white clay on my face.
2)feel like the mask is pulling my skin while drying (stings)

This mask didn't make a huge difference for my face, but it did a better job than the other clay masks that i have tried. Might consider repurchasing though

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mask, it helps keep my breakouts under control. However I have been using it for 2 years now and I feel it's effectiveness has worn off from when i first started using it. Still a great product, it really does clean out your pores (you can even feel it tingling).
Also love how it's super cheap! I can't find it anywhere in Australia so I just order it off iherb.com and haven't had any problems.