October 31, 2014 | 1561 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

For the price, this stuff is really good! It's light and creamy, not clay-like at all. It dries quickly and is easy to remove, unlike some other clay masks. It includes 3 things I was looking for in a mask - kaolin, bentonite and sulfur - and these are all helpful at removing impurities and excess oil. The smell is like spearmint gum, which isn't my favorite, but it's not horrible. This product has been around for a long time, probably because it's so simple and it works. The price is CHEAP and the tube is perfect packaging. I've never experienced any discomfort or irritation from this mask, just a cooling sensation from the mint.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by SallyGalApril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I work at a Sally Beauty Supply and my coworkers raved and hyped up this product. So, I decided to try it out for myself. And oh my goodness, this mask is amazing. My only issue is that I'm not a fan of the smell. I don't even like the smell of 'fresh mint' gum. I'm just not a 'mint' person. I know, I'm weird. But I definitely pushed past it & the results are absolutely fabulous. Your skin will be super clear and clean the next morning. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Lilypily93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally! I've found a mud mask that actually does something. This is so amazing. I use it before using my Avene mask. It is INCREDIBLE! Dries out all my little impurities and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is beautiful and clean. I can't stop staring at my skin when I've used this. I get the close up mirror and just admire it. Only thing is, I live in Australia and have to get it shipped from overseas with usually takes about 6 weeks :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So first off, I was a total skeptic reading all of the rave reviews about this product. I mean, who wouldn't be skeptical hearing that a $5 mask cleared their acne. And I tend to find that I don't usually find things as great as other people seem to. But after using this on a consistent basis for over two weeks, I can say that this product deserves the hype. Adding this mask into my skincare routine is the only thing I have changed, and this is the best my skin has looked in as long as I can remember. I used it twice the first week and it definitely cleared the existing acne that I had. The only new breakouts I have had since using this were from me stupidly leaving my makeup on over night. And to clear up those spots, I actually left this mask on overnight just to see how well it dried out the few spots. They were next to nothing when I woke up. Honestly this stuff works wonders. My skin is smoother and clearer and I've even cut concealer out of my makeup routine. At such a cheap price, you really have nothing to lose by trying this. Don't expect miracles after one application. Just use it consistently and it will work it's magic. So impressed with this and I'm beating myself up over not trying it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The BEST face mask ever invented! Cheap, cleans out pores, shrinks pores, give a glow, evens out skin tone and dries up pimples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

It smells like toothpaste,but I happen to like that. I have dry skin but use heavy moisturizers and use this mask to get all the gunk out,especially around the nose. When it's dry,it turns pale green you can see the oils the masked sucked up at the pores that remain dark green. Kinda gross. After using it my face feels fresh and clean. I also use this on my neck as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best price and find anywhere. I have a oily t zone and normal skin everywhere else. I usually get break outs BESIDE my nose (NOT ON BUT RIGHT THERE) and it's terrible, I also have a lot of flesh colored bumps. They serve no purpose, they don't become a white head, they're just there too disturb my life. THIS MASK? I use it every night after washing & it sucks out all the pores, dirt, oil. My pimples either get smaller or completely leave. It's a creamy consistency. Dries within 5 minutes if you put a not so thick layer, tingles(burns sometimes but not painful), smells like mint. YES, you MIGHT get pimples AFTER using this, your skin is purging. The pimple was already there, the mask just brought it too the surface even quicker too get it over with. 3$ & I have clear skin? Yes.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike most of the reviews for this product, I unfortunately did not have a good reaction towards it. I really wished it worked for me like it did for most users but everytime I'd use this mask( 2-3 times/month) it never gave me that feeling of cleaning and tightening my pores. Nor did it ever help with breakouts. In fact, this mask would make me break out in small to mid size pimples everytime I'd use it. and to be certain on this, I tested it out on and off for 1 1/2yrs before coming to the conclusion that this mask isn't for me. Too bad. Gave to my younger sis to try.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by LinaWebster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first it stings a little, but only for a little while. The smell is really good, and after you rinse it, your skin feels very nice and tight. I would like to use it more ofte, but because of the consistency I find it difficult to take out of the tube and put it on. But it is a good face mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Finality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this to spot-treat my acne lesions (which have been particularly horrendous since I began hormonal birth control) and nothing works quite like it--not even the clay masque from the same brand. The Kate Somerville "EradiKate" treatment also has sulfur and costs about 6 times as much, yet it doesn't perform NEARLY as well as this masque. I simply cleanse, spot-treat where I need it, and leave it on either all day or overnight. In the morning, my cysts will have come to a head or will be dramatically calmed down; any other acne lesions will be significantly reduced in terms of imflammation. Since my skin is already dry it does exacerbate that a bit, but it's not bad enough to outweigh the benefits of this product. In short, this stuff is amazing--even for dry skin.