April 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Scrubs - Clinique - Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating *Cream*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 1:28:00 AM More reviews by holden418

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just got this today after reviewing all the good reviews. great product!! love it.
make my skin super soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2005 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Mickster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for about 4 years now. I have tried other exfoliating scrubs and don't find them to be as useful as the Sloughing scrub or "Sparkle Skin" as they now call it.

It's not harsh, got nice small exfoliating grains and a little bit goes a long way, so a tub lasts a good long time (months and months)so the cost is really much less than stuff that slides right off.

The smell isn't anything special, kind of eucalymptaminty, but it really arouses the senses. It clears my head and sinus and really invigorates me for the upcoming day.

It's gentle enough to use on your face if you aren't super sensative.

I find the secret to keeping water out of the jar is to turn the shower head away and step to the end of the shower and apply it to wet skin and scrub, then step back into the shower to rinse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2005 11:39:00 AM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite body scrub. I like the smell, and much perfer it over the one in the tube. I always use it right before i shave to get rid of all the dead skin. It helps give me a closer shave.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 3:50:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a good effective body scrub that exfoliates without irritation. the scrubby particles are perfect and I like the minty smell which is quite refreshing. It is oil free so it rinses clean. the tub is huge so it should last some time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2005 9:26:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

Nearly forgotten that I've got this scrub, it has been hiding in my cabinet for like nearly a year. If I'm not mistaken I bought it for AU$36. The full name of this product is SPARKLE SKIN BODY EXFOLIATOR. The granules are kinda small but it scrubs really well, could be too drying if you apply too much. I like the refreshing scent. Good but not the best :) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2005 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sunshines113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an AMAZING body scrub. It completely scruffs off dry, damaged skin cells and reveals a radiant body complexion. I use this once a week and loves the results each time. The fragrance can be kind of strong (Clinique does not add fragrance to their products, but the ingredients natural fragrance can be strong) however, I overlook this simply because it works so well and does not irritate my sensitive skin. I've tried every sugar, salt, and synthetic body scrub in the book and have come back to this one numerous times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 1:12:00 AM More reviews by rainrowan

I love this product. I have extremely oily skin and if you are like me, you know what it's like to get a buildup of oils on the face. I can think of nothing more unpleasant than to be out in public like that...

Now, I caution that this is NOT for everyone, because I actually use Sparkle Skin on my face. If you have very oily skin, you need to take only a tiny amount and sufficient warm water (more is better than not enough) in the shower and slough your face, especially your t-zone area. It works wonders to slough away that disgusting layer of sebum... I know it's gross, but some of us are afflicted with this condition :) We may never get a wrinkle till we're in our 70s but I'd rather look fresh now.

The jar is a bit too large to wield in the shower, but I do not mind. I keep the jar on the top shower rack with the lid over it but not screwed shut. It's going to last me a couple of years at the rate I'm going since I'm only using it on my face (a fingernail's worth each time), so cost per use is probably a fraction of a penny.

One other thing -- for people who are running into irritation problems, remember that you have to be in the shower for a while to soften your skin, then apply a small amount with sufficient water. The beads won't wash down the drain that easily, so be a little more liberal with the hydration. More water is better than not enough or you will certainly risk over-abrasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2004 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lancomegal121

I love this stuff! This is my HG body exfoliater. It comes in a dense cream form full of tiny microbeads. It gives your skin a tingly feeling and is awesome for sloughing off dead skin and rough patches. Smells like mint too! I only wish it did not come in a tub! I will definatley buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 5:47:00 PM More reviews by LPETWEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this scrub! It doesn't come off of your skin while you are scrubbing- and it really scrubs nicely- it gets the job done... the smell is not bad but I wish they would improve it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2004 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Griffin1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yum yum yum. I'm lovin' it. I was a die-hard fan of the Body Sloughing Cream in the tube and was quite disappointed to see that they reformulated it into some crap. An informed CC, however, let me know that they just repackaged the tub to match the rest of the "Sparkle" line and it's the same heavenly amborisa inside. The granules are a perfect size to polish the skin without scratching or scraping. The menthol is eye-poppingly fresh, and it rinses clean and leaves your skin touchably smooth and ready for your favourite Body Butter. Anyone who knows me understands the importance of packaging and that's my only complaint...it's in a tub; when I'm gooping it up with my fingers, I'll often get water in it. But it's a small price to pay for the perfect body scrub.