September 19, 2014 | 1531 users online

Skincare - Face - MAC - Fix+

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by bklyncowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

$21 for 3.4 oz

Bought into the hype on this one too. I spray my face with this after all my face powdering, but before I do my eyes. At first the droplets where they land on my face are obvious, but this seems to go away. I don't see that 'airbrush' effect some ppl talk about. Maybe I see the 'if you've over-powdered, this will bring your skin back to looking more skin-like'. Maybe I'm willing myself to see that. Lasts a long time. I think I use this more as a 'why not'. It certainly isn't an essential for me. I will continue to use and repurchase. Guess because I don't want to miss out. haha

EDIT: after watching MacDaddy on youtube and seeing how he drenches his face w this - and the results, I now use 3 full sprays over my face whereas before I would do 3 little partial squirts. I am really enjoying this product now. I do feel like it melts everything together, giving it a WAY more natural effect, allowing the makeup to become part of your face rather than appear like layers of powder sitting on top. I would never waste this product by spraying onto a makeup brush like I see ppl doing. Why not just mix a glycerin mixing medium to use for that purpose? Cheaper and does not waste.

I can't compare to other setting sprays, but have heard good things about NYX's and would probably get around to trying that someday.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ChristyMakeup3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I happen to make a stop into a MAC store and needed to get other products but one of the makeup artists noticed how my face was drying out in some parts of my face so she had me remove all of my makeup. She first applied the moisture cream...love... my face instantly became supple, smooth and quenched! After the moisturizer set into my face, she misted me with Fix + and after it dried, she applied makeup, and misted me one more time with Fix+. I asked her why she used the Fix+ before applying the make up, she said she likes to do that because it gives a smoother, sealed in base to work with. Ever since then I have been doing the same and I cannot tell you enough how much better my makeup looks and how much more vibrant my face is. The scent is also a plus!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Decent stuff! I use this to freshen up and give a little moisture to my face in the afternoon. I wouldn't know if it really fixes makeup, I don't wear that much to begin with :). Smells a bit odd, indeed a bit like (very weak) cocaine as mentioned by another reviewer. The Microdelivery face wash from Philosophy smells the same way btw.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up after my wedding as my make up atrist used it on me for my wedding day. Initially i was not really impressed with it but i have been using it a lot lately to get rid of the cakey foundation look that i have been having since my skin has become a little drier.

It is a brilliant multi tasking spray in my opinion. It definitely hydrates the skin but does not make it greasy or heavy. I wouldn't use this on light make up days as then i'd probably get through a bottle too often! But i would say this is lovely to have if you get a bit heavy handed with foundation/powder as it sorts this out quickly!! It is perfect for setting your make up too and defnitely helps it last that bit longer - worth it for special occasions when you have spent about an hour + doing your make up and want it to last!!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

I'm giving this a good rating because I like it for the most part but I think this is more of a "hydration" spray than a setting spray. I don't find it makes my makeup last longer but I do love that it get's rid of a powder finish and can be used to un-cake a foundation finish. But with that said, there are other cheaper alternatives that give more product and do the same job and those will be the ones I will buy in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Ljbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading rave reviews about the Fix+, I decided to purchase. I am disappointed to learn since purchasing, that this is not a fixing spray, more of a skin refresher to use before or after makeup. It does take away that powdered look, and is brilliant for foiling eyeshadows and pigment, however it did break me out with pimples on the forehead. Not a good look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loving this and loving user bellabellabellas cocaine reference!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG setting spray!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff and you won't ever find me without it! I tried a few other before this.. Urban Decay, Jane Iredale, Model in a Bottle, etc and they were good, but this is the best for me.. gentle, soothing, moisturizing, but sets my makeup into a flawless, long lasting finish. Put on too much foundation? Use a little too much powder? Dry patches showing thru during your busy day? Just a spray of this will fix it all! It just melts everything into my skin and removes that powdery look that you can get after putting on setting power, bronzer, blush and highlight! Makes it all look like your skin! I also love that it doesn't have a chemical smell and doesn't sting or irritate my sensitive skin! I have combo skin that can be really dry in some areas and really oily in my tzone during my busy day as a hairdresser and this helps my skin stay flawless and refreshed all day. It gives me soothing moisture where I need it, and lasting power in those oily places. I took a lippy off the packaging bc I wish they would do a regular pump for this.. The one they have looks nice and I like that it locks, but its doesn't spray as fine of a mist as I would like.. and sometimes it spits big drops onto your face.. Especially if your near the end of the bottle. Its easy to over soak my face with this. Honestly, it doesn't affect the outcome if you spray too much, but it just takes longer to dry and wastes product.. I feel like I go through this stuff faster than is necessary sometimes. If they put a regular spray pump on this, it would be perfect! I buy a full size for at home and a travel to throw in a purse and I've already repurchased many times! AMAZING and I love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I've tried Elf, NYX Dewy and now this setting spray. I think its OK, it doesn't blow me away. Yes, it takes the "powdery" look away and makes skin look fresh but I have found all the other ones do that as well. I haven't found it to be any better than any of the others to be honest. My favorite, believe it or not, is the ELF! That one makes me makeup look perfect all day. I will continue to use this but will not repurchase. I spray a tad on my eyeliner brush and then dip in shadow to use as a liner under my eye but it does not make the liner last much longer than using without it. I also think it smells like cocaine :/ Don't ask how I know lol. It's a chemical smell but goes away as soon as you spray it. I do like the lock feature and sleek bottle. Just a so-so product, wish I liked it more!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used and loved this product for years. It is such a refreshing mist, feels good on your face without making your face look sweaty or feel sticky. It takes the "powdery" look away from my face after I apply powder over my foundation and gives my dry skin a slightly "dewy" appearance. If you have really oily skin then you may not like this product. I keep a purse size bottle with me at all times because I love it so much! It lasts quite awhile too, except I go through more of it in the summer and repurchase more often. I will buy over and over and over.

Pros:
Keeps your makeup on longer
You can spray it on your brush to make eyeshadows and blushes more vibrant
Gives you a "dewy" look
Takes away the "powdery" look from your face
Refeshing!!

Cons:
Not exactly cheap, but it is worth $21 to me
Radiant dewy look may not be for everyone