November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Foundation brush

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 7:18:00 AM More reviews by minax

Terrible product for the price! I didn't buy it but based on reviews I went to have a look at it (with intent to buy if it was good). The display brush was thin and the bristles were uneven so it gave the brush a scraggly appearance. Also the bristles were so soft and "smooshy" that the brush smears foundation around on your face rather than applying it properly. I have cheap $10 brushes that work much better. The MA used one to apply foundation on me and she struggled to get a smooth finish on my face. Definitely will not buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by meg101

Worst foundation brush i have ever used. Very difficult to use, and left streaks everywhere. I ended up throwing it out and buying a chanel brush

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first foundation brush so initially I had no basis of comparison. It works for its intended purposes. Its quite sturdy--I've washed mine several times already and none of the bristles have fallen. The bristles are also soft, but are dense enough so that there will be a transfer of product.

My complaint would be that it it can apply streaky; it could be improved by the bristles being denser and having more resistance to movement. Because of this, I rarely use it to apply liquid foundation anymore. I use it more for shimmer gels, where streaking would not be obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by FireWeaver

Too bad I'm going to switch from liquid to mineral foundation soon...but I never thought of applying masks with it (read the other reviews) Hmmm...

I used the MAC brush prior to this one, so it was with a little trepidation that I purchased this one...which is significantly cheaper than the MAC one. But man, it works sooo much better! The makeup just hops off the bristles onto my skin, so need to use significantly less makeup to put it all on. And because the makeup doesn't stick all over it, I can dry brush it rather than painting it on, and I feel like goopy from the total effect.

Another thing is that when I washed this brush, the makeup ACTUALLY comes off. I remember doing the same thing for my MAC brush (instructions from the specialists) and the makeup just would not come off. I went at it furiously for about an hour before giving up. Same makeup too...and it was Shiseido so it wasn't cruddy makeup either.

As for the "separation" people keep talking about, I do believe that happens to ALL brushes when using liquid foundation. think about it, it's a creamy foundation sitting on a brush...of course the bristles would eventually group together and separate into chunks...happened to my MAC, happened to this one, until I washed it. So future potential buyers, before looking at it as a fault, rather consider it as something that happens to all brushes. I don't see what else can cause "separation" per say...

Love this brush, cheaper alternative to MAC and in my opinion, works better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

The hairs on this brush starting seperating the first time i used it. It seems to use a lot of product and looks a little bit streaky I have to use the brush on its side just to smooth it out. I'm very disappointed, i will have to save up and get a better brush next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 5:46:00 PM More reviews by PrincessNarawen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

While I don't use this brush for foundation, it works well for the purposes I use it for. I use it to apply masks, works very well at applying them evenly, and I don't have to use as much product as when I used my fingers. Has very soft bristles and doesn't shed. Can withstand alot of washes (as I have to wash it everytime I use it to get the mask gunk off) without much wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:26:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great cheap alturnative to most foundation brushes, does the trick for half the price and can be constantly washed to no effect with application.

overall WONDERFUL

edit: took off a lippie. after purchasing a Mac foundation brush- this doesn't hold up as well but still agood cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This is a great brush. I actually don't use it for foundation, but for blush. It spreads the blush out evenly and gives a natural finish. The bristles are very soft, which is awesome considering it's not made out of animals. If you take care of it properly it'll last you forever! It's about $20.00 Canadian and definately reccommend it for foundation or blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2007 9:57:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this brush as a gift and was really surprised how well it works. In general I don't like the Body Shop's brushes, but this one is a keeper. So far I've been using the BB foundation brush - which I still like very much - , but I get similar results with this brush. Plus, it's easier to clean and much cheaper. If you want to experiment with a foundation brush, go for this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:42:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

This brush is soft so it feels nice on the skin... but it doesn't help much with a smooth, streakless application. It worked fine the first few times but after washing, the brush just seperates and loses its form. It's ok, but doesn't help me achieve the 'barely there' natural look.