MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have brows of a medium density with an arch. however the arch bit of my brow and the front of my brows are somewhat sparser than other parts. I've tried using powder, gel, black pencils and ended up looking silly each time or like I had applied powder on my brows. This mac pencil is AWESOME!!! It's so thin that you are able to get right in between the hairs and draw on your skin making it look so natural, just like your brows are naturally like that. Also, it does not move at all! I've gone like 12 hours with this product on and it hasn't budged which is excellent considering that I'm always rubbing my forehead and stroking my brows...(that sounded creepy, I swear it isn't! Quite calming when you're stressed actually) also if you have black hair and light - medium skin this pencil is fantastic as its dark enough that it blends in with your black hair but not so dark or black, so it won't look artificial or OTT.

The price is fine for the product. Iirc it's something around the 12 mark in the uk and to be honest I don't mind paying that at all since the product works so well and lasts so long. I use it everyday and it lasts around 6 months.

So to summarise its extremely long lasting, natural looking without being boring ( in other words you can really make your brows look dramatic and intense but it will still look like you have naturally good brows) great for the price and if you're around nc20-nc40 with dark brown/black brows then for the love of God get it.....get it now!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Now this is one product I couldn't live without.. I have sparse brows thanks to overplucking in high school when thin eyebrows was apparantly in.. looking back I have no idea why I would think such a thing LOL. Im convinced this brow pencil can make anyone have perfect brows. It stays on forever. i can sleep with it on and wake up with perfect defined brows. I have purchased this at least 3 times. I will forever use this, I would prob cry if they ever discontinued it which I highly doubt they would considering its amazing!

on 4/24/2012 1:14:00 AM

LOVE this eyebrow crayon. I used to use benefit browzings but felt my eyebrows always looked too dark/noticeably filled in. This crayon eliminates the fake,overdone look. It makes your eyebrows look amazing and flawless. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants amazing eyebrows.

on 4/15/2012 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great buy from mac if you have dark eyebrows. The reason I have given it a 3 for packaging is you cant tell when its going to finish, so i have to buy two each time, because the last thing you need is shading in one eyebrow before going out, and it finishes....so your left running around your house trying to find another product, but I do like the slimline design and not having to worry about a shapner...(even if i cant tell when its gonna finish :) ) I love this and havent found anything that matches my eyebrow colour and i love the control it gives me to do my arch and the tail of my eyebrow

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Annoyingly, the drugstore product I love is no longer being made (Natural Collections brow pencil at 1.50 if anyone's interested) and I have not been able to find an alternative. I have Benefit Browzings in Fair and Sleek brow palette in Dark, together I can get a good brow but it is not a speedy option!
This is just right for me. The colour is just right for me - not too warm. I sometimes find that the darkest brown brow make up is too dark, but the next lighter shade is too red. This is perfect. The crayon itself is convenient to use as it doesn't need sharpening, and has quite a soft texture meaning it blends nicely on the brow. This is good as if you make a mistake, it is easily rectifiable!

It is pricey, but obviously I have been spoilt with only paying 1.50 for so long! I don't mind paying the extra for this one, as I mentioned I have other brow make up so it should last a decent amount of time.

on 2/25/2012 3:27:00 PM

I have been using this crayon for some years and I like it but I have recently discovered another one that I like much more: the Browwiz of Anastasia Beverly Hills. Both look similar but Mac pencil cannot be compared to the Browwiz as the result with this one is muuuuuch more natural. I have fallen in love with it.

on 2/13/2012 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Removed one lippy because I wish the pencil was shaped in a more flat/oval way instead of rounded - that way I could eventually get it to be angled.

I like this. Lasts long hours. My favourite used to be the Shu Uemura Hard 9 pencil. I loved that it was so easy to apply, and it was the absolute perfect colour for my brows.... until I realised they photographed badly... on me anyway. In photos and under certain lighting, they'd make my brows look grey! I didn't like that and i'd heard good things about the Lingering crayon, but thought it was too light, so I went for Spiked.

I'm an Asian with black hair. I don't know if it's just me, cos I read great reviews here, but I feel this has a bit too much red in it. Think I might try Stud next.

Overall, the pencil is good though. Important to use it with a light hand. And DON'T twist it too far out. It does not go back in

on 1/27/2012 10:34:00 AM

Great eyebrow pencil. Nice and thin and waxy. You don't have to sharpen it so no product waste. Perfect cool neutral color for brunettes.

on 1/22/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to use eyebrow shadow to shade in my eyebrows. I didnt like the 'fake' pencil look on eyebrows on other people. I decided I wanted a little more definition to my eyebrows, while remaining somewhat natural looking. I went and bought this pencil, and let me tell you it is wonderful. I tried other cheap brow pencils, but they dont compare. It has to do with how thin the tip is, how it doesnt require sharpening (twist) and the ingredients. I think it has some waxy ingredients because it also helps lay my eyebrows in shape as well as define them. I also like the color lingering, because it is a lighter shade. Highly recommend.

on 10/25/2011 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this eyebrow pencil! :) I was using paul brown's super wear brow marker. That was my HG product but in pics, it made my eyebrows super light and almost Gray looking. I wanted something that was dark yet still natural looking. With this pencil, you def need a light hand for it, which is great because you won't be wasting product and it'll last for awhile. If i do apply too much, I just run my spoolie through my brows. Also love the fact that it's an automatic pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening. I purchased this at a Mac store for $15+tax. Def will repurchase! :

Edit (6/17/13):
Love using this pencil to outline brows. I keep the front half clean because I like to fill rest of brow with Mac's brun eyeshadow :)

Popular Brows Products