July 26, 2014 | 1541 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great eyebrow pencil. Nice and thin and waxy. You don't have to sharpen it so no product waste. Perfect cool neutral color for brunettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sanchita777

I used to use eyebrow shadow to shade in my eyebrows. I didnt like the 'fake' pencil look on eyebrows on other people. I decided I wanted a little more definition to my eyebrows, while remaining somewhat natural looking. I went and bought this pencil, and let me tell you it is wonderful. I tried other cheap brow pencils, but they dont compare. It has to do with how thin the tip is, how it doesnt require sharpening (twist) and the ingredients. I think it has some waxy ingredients because it also helps lay my eyebrows in shape as well as define them. I also like the color lingering, because it is a lighter shade. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eyebrow pencil! :) I was using paul brown's super wear brow marker. That was my HG product but in pics, it made my eyebrows super light and almost Gray looking. I wanted something that was dark yet still natural looking. With this pencil, you def need a light hand for it, which is great because you won't be wasting product and it'll last for awhile. If i do apply too much, I just run my spoolie through my brows. Also love the fact that it's an automatic pencil so I don't have to worry about sharpening. I purchased this at a Mac store for $15+tax. Def will repurchase! :

Edit (6/17/13):
Love using this pencil to outline brows. I keep the front half clean because I like to fill rest of brow with Mac's brun eyeshadow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG for brunettes! It seems that every brow pencil out there meant for us dark-haired girls is too RED or too light, or doesn't last. I have tried many many brands, from high end to drugstore and this is the winner. I only have to buy one every 4 months or so too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mccarmelkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love,Love,LOVE this product! Bought my first MAC brow pencil back in Feb and I'm still currently still using the same one till this day! I've become obsessed with watching tut's on youtube for makeup app and I was watching "Makeup by Ren Ren" tuts and I asked her what type of brow pencil would work for my NC50 colored skin and she recommended Spiked from MAC. What I do is draw the outline of my brows w/Spiked,fill the rest in with a dark brown shadow and clean up and highlight w/my Studio finish concealer in color NW 40. I'm still perfecting the art of having flawless brows but this pencil will def help you achieve it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by caressa0706

So I've had this pencil for a few days and been using since then, and I have to say that I am impressed. It's a medium brown and shows up on my dark African-american skin. My eyebrows are black but I choose not to use so bold of a color. Anyway, the texture is a little waxy, it goes on pretty good and I love how small and precise it is! It gives me full control and allows me to mimic real brow hair. Its sorta acts as a brow tint. I fill it in but use another pencil for the tail because by the end of the day, the tail smudges off...i prefer this over powder because of the precision and overall its a VERY natural looking pencil. I will purchase again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ucrgirl06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best eyebrow pencil ever. This is another product I've been using forever and I can't see ever using anything else. It give me natural-looking eyebrows that aren't too dark. It's a bit expensive for an eyebrow pencil, in my opinion, but it's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by bogo_pogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(Ref: NC44, Black Hair).

Other than eyeshadow, this was the first eyebrow specific prodct I have used, so havent much to compare it to.

Colour: Really nice and naturall on my black eyebrows. My sis told me which colour to buy, otherwise I may have been unsure if this brown was right for black eyebrows, but definitely is.

Formula: Creamy, easy to apply, you can use as soft or hard as you like. A little slippy I find on the tail end of eyebrow, works much better on the main part. I dont use a sealing product, and on its own I find this does not last throughout the work day very well.

Packaging: This slimness of pencil gives you great control, you can do hair like strokes. However, as others have said, you cannot tell when you are running out - I am not actually sure if the twisty mechanism has broken or if thats the end of it. Must be the end as you do get very little product, this lasted me 3-4 months, and I think £11.50 is quite a bit for little product.

Overall: I am sure I will try shop round for a cheaper alternative, find nothing matches the quality and return to this. Am going to try Illamasqua eye brow cake next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I hate too dark eyebrows so I went back and forth between Stud and Spiked. Spiked was perfect for me. I'm NW44 and it makes my brows look realistic and not all penciled in. I'll come back and do an update on how long it lasts and everything, but if you are going back and forth between Stud and Spiked, and want a natural look, Spiked is it!
UPDATE: I am in LOVE! I think because it's so thin that it works so well. My brows look really good and really natural. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by AnniePalitoy

The perfect colour for my dark brown brows, and the most natural looking pencil I have found for filling in gaps.

I had been using Benefit BrowZings but found that the powder was slightly too light and I could only achieve a "blocky" effect - plus it was so bulky to put in my makeup bag.

Mac's Spiked crayon is nice and slim and easy to apply.

However, the twist-up mechanism is a total fag, and the sharpener end keeps falling off mine.

I would deffo buy again though as I can at last have real looking brows and cover over all the bald patches that were left by my overplucking!

Retails in the UK at £11.50 (US£18).