April 17, 2014 | 1003 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ucrgirl06

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best eyebrow pencil ever. This is another product I've been using forever and I can't see ever using anything else. It give me natural-looking eyebrows that aren't too dark. It's a bit expensive for an eyebrow pencil, in my opinion, but it's worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by bogo_pogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(Ref: NC44, Black Hair).

Other than eyeshadow, this was the first eyebrow specific prodct I have used, so havent much to compare it to.

Colour: Really nice and naturall on my black eyebrows. My sis told me which colour to buy, otherwise I may have been unsure if this brown was right for black eyebrows, but definitely is.

Formula: Creamy, easy to apply, you can use as soft or hard as you like. A little slippy I find on the tail end of eyebrow, works much better on the main part. I dont use a sealing product, and on its own I find this does not last throughout the work day very well.

Packaging: This slimness of pencil gives you great control, you can do hair like strokes. However, as others have said, you cannot tell when you are running out - I am not actually sure if the twisty mechanism has broken or if thats the end of it. Must be the end as you do get very little product, this lasted me 3-4 months, and I think £11.50 is quite a bit for little product.

Overall: I am sure I will try shop round for a cheaper alternative, find nothing matches the quality and return to this. Am going to try Illamasqua eye brow cake next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I hate too dark eyebrows so I went back and forth between Stud and Spiked. Spiked was perfect for me. I'm NW44 and it makes my brows look realistic and not all penciled in. I'll come back and do an update on how long it lasts and everything, but if you are going back and forth between Stud and Spiked, and want a natural look, Spiked is it!
UPDATE: I am in LOVE! I think because it's so thin that it works so well. My brows look really good and really natural. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by AnniePalitoy

The perfect colour for my dark brown brows, and the most natural looking pencil I have found for filling in gaps.

I had been using Benefit BrowZings but found that the powder was slightly too light and I could only achieve a "blocky" effect - plus it was so bulky to put in my makeup bag.

Mac's Spiked crayon is nice and slim and easy to apply.

However, the twist-up mechanism is a total fag, and the sharpener end keeps falling off mine.

I would deffo buy again though as I can at last have real looking brows and cover over all the bald patches that were left by my overplucking!

Retails in the UK at £11.50 (US£18).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Pammy206

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading reviews about this product, i had to try it, and I am so glad I did!
I totally agree with a review below saying you can spot a mile away when brows are penciled in, where as with this, it looks fairly natural, i apply using small strokes then use my finger to slightly smudge it so it doesnt look too perfect and drawn in, gives natural dark brows so easily!
I bought benefit brow zings last month, cost me £24!! wish I had discovered this before i bought it!
Highly reccommended ladies if your brows are on the sparse and badly shaped side!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kelleegross

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Once I got my hands on this brow pencil I put all of my other pencils and powder away. This pencil is perfect for filling in brows without giving a fake appearance. Its slim design allows you to make hair-like strokes and its nonwaxy formula allows the color to look real. I will never stray from this pencil, it is officially my HG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have the same eye pencil in Lingering but I found it to be to light for my brows so yesterday I switched to Spiked instead.

Great colour, love the thin tip for application. Only problem I find is that the staying power isn't good enough so I apply a clear gel to make sure it stays on the entire day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Nina000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Great pencil for the eyebrows, however it is used best when it is nice and sharp! Can wear off easily at the tail. However all in all good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

After the years of early teenage torture I put my brows through, I baby them now (they deserve it after all that!). I keep my brunette brows on the thicker, Brook Shields side with a mild but noticeable arch. I see a professional to have them waxed every two weeks, but I always felt they needed that "something." I tried filling them in with shadows and pencils, but they just were never the right color - I either looked like I had dust in my brows, or I'd taken a black Sharpie to them! I had nearly given up when I found this gem. Unlike everything else, this pencil has a teeny tiny tip - so much so that I didn't even realize it'd come out of the casing! It's self sharpening, so it keeps its point as you go. The ultra slim pencil felt flimsy at first, but it's held up amazingly. I use short, fluttery little strokes to define and wow. It makes a world of difference, even though my brows are far from sparse! And best of all, it doesn't scream "HEY! LOOK! I DREW THESE ON!!" It just makes a finished, elegant, NATURAL face. The price may seem a bit steep, but compared to all the money I've wasted trying to get exactly this look, and how long one pencil lasts, it's worth it! Also, I've never had it smudge, ever. I've had other ones migrate, and let me tell you how NOT good of a look that one is! I get tons of compliments on mine, and am always asked how I get them to look so good - shhh...it's our little secret!

For reference I am a light golden NC20-25 with natural medium/dark brunette hair and green/hazel eyes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by bbsparx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

lovelovelove.

this absolutely gorgeous pencil is what i used on my brows every day, followed by "mystery" shadow with a 268.

there's absolutely nothing i don't like about "spiked". go get it!