December 18, 2014 | 1677 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
- smooth and silky, blendable powder
- good coverage - sheer and natural
- decent price - $22 Cdn for 10ml
- has not broken me out (after 3 months of use)
- good for daily use without having to turn to liquid foundation which breaks me out

cons:
- packaging too bulky
- drying for my combination skin, though expected for a powder (tip: to add moisture back into skin, use a DIY facial spritz or MAC fix plus)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really nice coverage/longevity/finish, but there aren't many shades available. If you order online go darker, as the shades on TBS site are not true to color. I bought it during their 3 for $30 sale, but I still have buyer's remorse as the product is comparable to less expensive DS compacts.
Will only repurchase if it's heavily discounted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Asianbarbiee91

Oh I love this! I got the shade in 06 which is their darkest color.. I'm an nc25 with asian/yellow undertones. I find it odd that 06 is their darkest shade in this product as I am not very dark at all.. It makes me question why they don't offer darker shades for women of color. Anyway, back to the topic.. This powder has a velvet like texture, perfect for those with combo skin like me (dry around the face plate but oily on the t zones), it lasts all day and I haven't experienced any breakouts. I bought this on sale for 10 bucks only (3 for 30 deal) and immediately purchased another one through their website for my mother. The packaging is cute but bulky and feels awkward when opening and closing, however it's still cute to look at and practical. I love the body shop..quality products for reasonable prices

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice product. I'm glad I gave it a try after reading the raving reviews on here. I used MAC Studio Fix for several years (worked well when I first got it 8 years ago but recently it just wasn't working well with my complexion, made me look extremely dull and grey). I searched a great deal for the right powder for my oily skin. I was looking for something that didn't wear off within an hour, gave decent coverage, and didn't oxidize. I decided to settle for Estee Lauder Double Wear after trying several products but then I came across this powder. I think this powder is better than Estee Lauder since it stays on longer and gives a better finish. I would recommend giving it a try. I use # 4 for my NC 30-35 skin.

UPDATE: purchased my second one. Seems like this powder runs out quickly but I still like this powder very much and will continue to purchase unless I find something comparable or better.

UPDATE: I've been suffering from congested skin for the 10 months or so. Its been really bad and my pore size has gotten worse. I've tried a new skincare routine, visited a dermatologist and had chemical peels done and everything else I can think of but nothing really worked. Now I'm starting to suspect that this powder is causing it. I realized this when I was reading another product review on MUA and someone stated that products with Talc are pore clogging. I immediately checked the ingredients on this powder and lo behold the first thing that was listed was Talc. Also, I realized that I started having more problems with large pores and congested skin just around the time I started using this product.

Overall, I really think this is a good powder but I won't be repurchasing anymore because I'm worried that its clogging my pores really bad.

Update: After patiently searching for something comparable to this powder and I came across Pr Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Powder and so far I am really liking it.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

About a year ago, I was passing through the Denver airport and wound up spending some time at The Body Shop there. I let Leo (I think that is his name) give me a mini-makeover of sorts. I was really skeptical about the shade he selected - I have very pale skin - but I liked the look and decided to buy some. It is great! I love compact/powder foundations because I usually wind up running late so I have to apply my makeup on the run. It goes on nicely and gives good coverage (I can get a little red and blotchy). I tried another powder but quickly came back.

Seriously, if you are in the Denver airport, look up Leo - he's a great makeup artist and sales guy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by chantal_wee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this by desparation as I was at the airport and had found i left my compact foundation at home, and i was on a business trip. So I panicked and bought one at the airport. I think it was the best buy I had bought for a compact foundation!

I loved how it made my skin "glow" and looks really natural without being too made up! Also, usually when i use any type of foundation / powder, i'll always have shiny/oily nose which will make me look like rudolph the rednose reindeer after a couple of hours. BUT this DID not make my nose as oily! It lasts the whole day! I dont even need to touch-up! I bought 02 and the color suited me perfectly! I also have sensitive skin and quite a number of face foundations i had used always made me break out! I'm using this for 1 week and so far so good! No breakouts!

I was using Shu Uemura as it didnt caused me to break out. But after comparing to this, i definitely will continue with this! Also this is WAAY cheaper than Shu Uemura's and the color suits me better!!! I could buy 2 of this for one of Shu's! Also when i use the powder - it's not so easy to come out / waste as comparison to Shu which is quite soft - so you tend to take more and finish more too! Also the plus point for Body Shop is that I DO NOT look like Rudolph!!! :D

Absolutely love this product!! Had already bought the 2nd one (coz it's on sale!). I would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. I had never tried TBS makeup even though I have been using their skin care lines for years, but last spring they were having a "red bag" 50% off event, so I grabbed it at the recommendation of the SA. Actually, I grabbed two. haha. Anyway...lucky me, because I didn't get shiny once all summer while I was using this! Shade 6 is a perfect match for me, but it is their darkest shade and may not be dark enough for many people. It has enough coverage for me (I'd say light to medium) and looks completely natural, although it does cling to any really dry spots a little. it leaves a nice velvety-but-natural texture behind and absorbs oil as well as anything I've tried if not better. Even as a powder, it doesn't settle into fine lines or pores. The packaging is nice in my opinion, although i never use the sponge it came with so the bottom compartment for me is useless. The same compact has lasted me since April (so about 6 months) and it only cost $20...good deal! Plus, if you hit a sale, even better! Give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Good coverage, does not oxidize on me, smooth and soft powder, very easy to apply and blend. But it can get cakey if too much used. Oil control could be better, I had to blot and repowder quite often. I also wish the packaging was slimmer, I find it too bulky and does not travel well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by rynamyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good foundation for days when my skin isn't too problematic... I have oil skin & love this foundation as it makes my skin matte & keeps it that way for quite awhile before needing to touch up. Coverage is light but I find that if I try to build it up to cover a problem area it results is a chalky effect. I apply with a brush instead of the sponge that is included, other than that I like the packaging. Price is also good, especially if you purchase during a promotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by melaaniepayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it..buy it!
update: it doesn't really last in hot sun, and a bit sparkly.