November 24, 2014 | 1713 users online

Concealers - Mary Kay - concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cowbeIIyoursocksoff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer! I am 24 and have been using this product since I was 12. I use beige and it has a little bit of a yellow undertone which works well with my skin tone. I have always had dark circles under my eyes, and this works very well to cover them without disappearing mid-day. It also works well with covering redness. It is thick but not cake-y. A little bit goes a long way. This is my HG, I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fair, yellow Asian (Chinese) skin and I was debating whether to try the signature Yellow or go with Ivory 1&2. I visited a local representative and tested the colors on my neck. Ivory 2 was too dark for me, Ivory 1 had a pink tint (Yes, even when most Caucasians find it too yellow, it's still too pinkish for my Asian skintone) so in the end, I decided to go with Yellow.

I was using Dermablend's Skin Concealer in 20 Nude and as much as I loved it, the color 20 was about 1/2 a shade too dark for me. I was lucky to be blessed with mild undereye dark circles which Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer in Light could easily take care of. My purpose for the MK concealer was to conceal some hyperpigmentation. I cannot imagine using MK concealer for undereye dark circles. The texture is just too thick and creamy even more so than Dermablend.

Rule of thumb is to moisturize thoroughly. I stipple the MK concealer around my hyperpigmentations with a brush and the yellow tint can easily mask any redness. I find that stippling is a lot easier than smoothing it on because of the thick texture and stippling also helps me conceal better. The funny thing about using a finger to dab concealer on is that more often that not, I end up concealing around the blemish or hyperpigmentation and leave the centre unconcealed.

This may not be the best concealer and I do prefer Dermablend but color-wise, MK's Yellow is the best fit for me so far. I can't say for undereye dark circles but for hyperpigmentation, I think this concealer works really well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by devabrooks

I really got my hopes up after reading all the reviews on MA about this concealer. I hoped that it the yellow would help my extremely dark undereye circles and it did to an extent. I wasn't thick enough to fully cover them completely but on the bright side, it only took a tiny amount to aid in the process. Sigh, well i guess this isn't a HG so i'll keep on looking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by confooseddesi608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cost: The price is $10 for a 0.33 size. This is one of the largest concealer sizes I have come by, and by no means the most expensive, so you are getting a lot for your money. (It used to be 0.5 oz, but even still it is a good deal.) In addition, you can purchase it for $6-8 on eBay. The only problem is finding your shade.

Packaging: The concealer comes in a squeeze tube. This is great for sanitary reasons.

Texture: The concealer is thick but not very creamy. It dries matte.

Coverage: This is incredibly pigmented and thus high coverage. My under-eye circles are gone when covered with this concealer.

Method of application: I would recommend using a concealer brush to apply (EcoTools has a great concealer brush and it is under $15) for better control and blending, since this is a liquid. You could use your fingers but I find it easier to use a brush.

Endurance: This stays on pretty long. However, it dries matte and looks dry on the under eye area. I would not recommend it for that use, especially if you have lines under the eye, because it WILL settle into them. Setting powder is not necessary because it already dries matte; this would make it more drying.

Shades: There are seven shades: Ivory 1 and 2, Beige 1 and 2, Bronze 1 and 2, and yellow. I use a mix of Beige 2 and Bronze 1 for my NC42 skin. (More of the bronze then the beige.) I am warm-toned and like to use a yellow-based concealer. However, this was too yellow for me, which is saying something. I did not discontinue use because of this (I discontinued use because it was so drying); I am already warm-toned so the extreme yellow was not TOO noticeable. However, for neutral or cool-toned people, I can imagine this would be waaaay too yellow and a deterrent to using it.

Availability: You can buy from a Mary Kay representative, or online (eBay) for cheaper. If you don't know your shade I would recommend going to a representative and testing it.

Ingredients: Water , Isononyl Isononanoate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Sorbitan Isostearate , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Lauroyl Lysine , PTFE , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Propylene Glycol , Cetyl Dimethicone , Hexyl Laurate , Sodium Chloride , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Hydroxypropyl Polysiloxane , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Beeswax , Nylon-12 , Tocopheryl Acetate , Diazolidinyl Urea , Retinyl Palmitate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract , Lecithin , Cyclohexasiloxane , Titanium Dioxide , Talc , Iron Oxides , Zinc Oxide
May Contain Ingredients
Ultramarines

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by SAL713

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed to use the "yellow" for my light olive skin. I love it! It really covers thecircles I have which are not too dark. Sometimes I apply a little makeup over it for a more finished look. It goes on smoothly and easily. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by TheMkupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this is the best concealer I have used. I have the Mac Studio finish concealer but it is a little too opaque and dry for me. It does not blend very well. Mk is a really good color for my dark undereye circles. I can't say very much for concealing blemishes b/c I only use concealer for my deep dark genetic undereye circles. This concealer stays put and blends well if I use a little eye cream prior to application. The only downside is that sometimes it will sink into the fine lines under my eyes but I have not found a concealer that won't do that throughout the day. It works better when I set it with powder. I have repurchased a couple of times. It lasts for a while b/c a little is all you need.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by markgirl91

I really like this concealer I use the yellow one it covers up my red cheeks and occasional break outs. I do not use concealer for any other reason than to cover up redness if so I would have 2 different colors but this works wonders for what I need it for. I wish that it was in a stick but the tube does not allow the product to dry out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 12:45:00 AM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm loving this concealer! It covers great! Its works amazing for everything from redness, bumps, under the eye, everything! I have it in the shade Ivory 1. When I first used it I thought it was way to yellow toned, but after I put it on my face it worked great! I couldn't even tell it was that yellow. I do have a slight yellow under tone to my skin but nothing major and it still worked amazing for me!

*Update- I have decided that I don't really like this anymore. My skin is drier now and it looks very cakey on my skin. I prefer my MAC concealers over this now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is HG for me. It gives great coverage that lasts all-day long. I even used it on stage (my profession). The only thing is that for some people it's too much.
First you have to use very little product, and even then, for some it will be too much.
If you don't have dark circles and is just looking for an even complexion, then buy elsewhere. If you're the busy/tired type, then go ahead with no hesitation.
The price is good compared to high-end brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in the black tube which says 'ivory 1', it's pretty much the perfect shade for my pale skin but still manages to cover my seriously dark circles. The texture is creamy, stays put and doesn't gather in lines and also doesn't have a horrible powdery finish to it that i find in some other heavy duty concealers. The colour leans towards yellow rather than pink in tone which i'm so grateful for as it doesn't mix with the mauve under my eyes to create a horrible pink cast. Very, very good product, i will be buying more quickly before it's discontinued or the formula is changed, trust me i've been using concealer for 16 years now and i can tell you now this product WILL eventually be discontinued or re-formulated as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow!! When you find a product you love like this, stock up, keep them in the fridge, don't open them till needed and they will last for years and years, trust me!