November 27, 2014 | 1265 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Pureness Matifying compact

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2005 8:36:00 PM More reviews by pixievixen

i first bought this because i can get it at a discount on the military base, and i was in desperate need of a new foundation. i had been using aromaleigh & loving it, but it got misplaced in the move. by the time i found the jar, it was getting cold here & i needed a heavier product for winter.

i use the stick foundation in the pale, yellowish "control color" to even out areas that need it, then i use the bobbi brown face brush to apply the powder for an even finish. i use the sponge for areas that need a bit more coverage, and then for touch-ups.

it stays put really well, even on my oily skin. i LOVE the sunscreen factor, also. i am a pale girl & this keeps the freckles away. it doesn't feel too heavy at all for winter, but i can see going back to aromaleigh in warmer months. the finish is flawless, banishing obvious pores and minor blemishes.

downfall? the shades are few, and without the control color stick the 10 would even be a touch dark for me.

the price is very reasonable (moreso with the discount), and i like that you can buy refills... better for the environment & my pocketbook. the first pan lasted me two months with daily use, so i just picked up my first reill!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by onegoodcat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The powder itself is just awesome. In a few minutes after applying, it'll just start to look natural. It's so smooth and doesn't accentuate flakes. It doesn't break me out. It makes my pores look smaller. The bad part is that it looks orangy on my skin. I don't like wearing makeup on my neck to match my face. They NEED to make more color options. Oh well...I really loved this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by krnsushi

I've been using using this mattifying compact exclusively for the past 3 years after trying almost every other mattifying, oil-controlling pressed powder out there. the good things about it are that it's not too opaque, has spf, good coverage, and is reasonably priced. the only bad things that i can say is that it looks a little too powdery when you put it on and the color that i got (natural ivory) is a little off but i guess that's from me getting a tan? otherwise, this is a great one-step process in my beauty routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 7:18:00 AM More reviews by bell3e

Great at controlling oil and pores look smaller and doesn't block them. Not too expensive too :)

Recommended for oily/combination for use after foundation. Great for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2005 12:52:00 AM More reviews by roto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I've been using it for over a year, maybe more. I like that there is SPF and yet has pretty good oil control (though I get greasy a few hours after use - because I'm pretty oily). I'm sad that Sephora doesn't carry this anymore, and I'm afraid that it has been discontinued. I'm not sure what I'll use instead if it's indeed gone. Anyway, I like it a lot!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2005 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jhlong1

I've been using this product for about a year and a half. I discovered it in the Shiseido Studio (only in NY and LA) one day. I never used foundation before because the liquids I tried didn't give me any noticeable coverage, but I was amazed from the start with this product. I have clear skin, but very visible pores. Using this product seems to make my pores disappear and my skin look smooth. My only complaint is that on my dry skin it may be too heavy for the summertime. I'm going to do some exploring this summer to see if I can find something that makes my skin look a little fresher. Oh, and if you shop ahead, you can find really good deals on ebay for the compact refills.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2005 12:40:00 PM More reviews by MzToria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Shiseido's Pureness Matifying Powder now for 2 years since when I used to work for shiseido .. and i have to say because im so oily in the summer and so dry in the winter it gives my skin a sense of balance and the best part about this foundation is that i never have to reapply!! Just using Shiseido's oil blotting sheets which have natural oil absorbers... I stay clear of an Oily t-zone ALL DAY! It's so handy to to just buy the refills! Love the stuff though! Recommended to any Oily to Combo skin type

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

I have been using this compact for the last 2 years! it has been great because i do have a combination to oily skin n was rather prone to breakouts 4awhile..surprisingly this did nt give me any breakouts..it does have slight oil controlling effect i tink bcos it def. mkes my face less oily than any other foundation tt i have used to have such as clinque's active white compact(which was super duper oily!!!)..thus im a avid supporter of this compact till now! :) but i do agree that it does nt give u sufficient converage as i tink its meant to give u a more natural look..i usu use it with a concealer if i nid more coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2005 4:06:00 AM More reviews by jungleesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of foundations! I'm 20 and not keen on caking my face with liquid foundations, but I do need something to cover up occasional blemishes and redness. This stuff is amazing! I use it in the summer, winter, whenever, It doesn't dry out my skin or leave it flakey. To keep my skin shine free all the time, I do have to reapply, but I don't think a product exists that could prevent that. The SPF is a major plus for my very fair, never tanning always burning skin. Just like all other face makeup products, I use the lightest shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2004 12:43:00 PM More reviews by pinklikecandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This does a fairly good job controlling oil, however, the color selection seems too orange to me. The coverage can cake easily if applied with a sponge, but is okay with a brush. The price is reasonable for Shiseido, $6.50 for the compact, $17.50 for the refill. I won't buy this again because of the color. continued >>