Bare Escentuals bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

3.2

-Titanium Dioxide (11): Sunscreen.-Vitamin C: This skin-brightening superpower is known to fade existing dark spots and discolorations for more even-toned skin.Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coconut Alkanes, Silica, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Lecithin, Glycerin, Maltodextrin, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Soil Minerals/Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Leaf Cell Culture Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Lilac Plant Stem Cells.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is some of the best foundation I've ever used! I usually use Motives customized foundation from my rep but its hard to book an appointment with her on my busy schedule. I went to Sephora and got a colour match and bought this. I chose this because I already have the pressed powder (amazing) and my skin is eczema prone, sensitive and dry. Now at first, I was very skeptical because I did not read the instructions and put a huge squirt of this on my face. It caked into every crease and never set. I was so dissappointed! However I read on here that you should only use a few drops for the whole face. To my surprise this worked fantastically. I wore this at work under hot lights for 8 hours and it didnt budge. ANYONE who has a caking problem try and use only 1-2 drops for the forehead, 1 for each cheek, 1 for nose and mouth area and 1 for chin and jawline. You'll be amazed by the difference. Also, do not use a foundation brush. Use a flat top kabuki or some sort of very dense flat top brush to blend. I use The Face Shop Circle Face Brush and it really works well. If you're flaking I can see why this would amplify that so do a peel or exfoliate before using. The reason for only 4 stars and not 5 is that the packaging sucks. You must take off the cap before shaking and hold youe finger over the nozzle so it doesnt leak into the cap. However, great product I would surely reccomend!

on 1/25/2015 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this foundation with the brush on a special QVC offer. The color that I was matched to was a good match. I was excited to try this with the brush and applied my two drops into their special brush and applied it to my face. It covered almost half my face with a super thin coat that was barely visible at all on my skin. It didn't cover anything.

I then switched over to beauty blender which soaked up quite a bit of the product. I wound up using my fingers and two layers to get sheer coverage. I have to say I was not successful with just two drops. Maybe if you wanted to use this as a lotion that your skin absorbs or have a flawless complexion to begin with, two drops might work for you.

The brush was to small and awkward, I found it scratchy and time consuming to use. The foundation was ok for about 4 hours then it started to pool in my nose creases and fine lines. I used Benefits Porefessional primer with it but it didn't seem to help. The next day I used Beccas mattifying primer. That made the foundation last 6 hours and then the pooling and shininess.

On my third attempt I used Mally's primer and It cosmetics bye bye pores to set it. That seem to make it last 8 hours but my face felt dry and flaky because the powder made the foundation cling to my dry patches.

Bottom line, for me this foundation just isnt a good match. I think if you have oily skin this might work better.

on 1/23/2015 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

I absolutely love this foundation and believe me I have tried everything you can imagine from Chanel, to LaMer, to Laura Mercier, etc.. the key with this foundation is that less is more. Their special brush, in which u literally apply 2 drops into the center cut-out, helps blend this product perfectly. I also love how perfect the color I chose matches my skin. I have used Bare Minerals eyeshadows and lip glosses and i was always happy with their products but I never usually wore bare minerals powder foundation bc they were too dry for my skin type. Once I saw this liquid foundation serum I was willing to try it bc I do like all their other products. Although I love to experiment and try new products all the time I will be using this for awhile!!!

on 1/23/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Horrible stuff. I have smooth, combination skin with very few wrinkles. This stuff settles into EVERY cranny available and my skin looks dry and patchy. I applied with the recommended brush and that was of no help. I mixed with some face cream and a little primer and applied with my hands and had better results, but still not happy with the patchiness this leaves. I have olive skin with yellow undertones and the 08 is a bit light for my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product at Sephora where apparently they are too cheap with the electric bill to turn on the lights so I ended up buying a foundation three shades too dark 06. Lesson learned, never buy a product at Sephora that you haven't already bought at a store with light or just go straight to the store with lights and skip Sephora all together. I'm mixing this with an old foundation of another brand I had laying around that was too light. I can't say I'm able to fully appreciate this formula since a) I have to mix it with something else and b) I can't apply it the way you are supposed to with the stippling brush because of the previously mentioned reason. It seems to have quite an oily feel to it, maybe it would feel better if I had the correct shade and could apply it correctly with the kabuki brush, instead I got sold the wrong colour and will basically never go to Sephora again since it is too dark in there buy makeup.
Update: exchanged this for a lighter shade 04, it is very, very yellowish and the texture is totally different than 06. It is very watery and grainy and I have to rub it in to make it blend and makes my face look chalky. A total disaster.

on 1/20/2015 8:01:00 AM

I wanted to write a review for this product because I truly liked it. I have a combination skin, with oily patches, sebaceous filaments and dry areas, especially on my cheeks. I usually opt for BB creams, for practical reasons, but they end up looking too cakey at times. I tried this product at the airport's duty free, with ample time to decide and try, finally found it in a colour that perfectly matches my skin. Its texture is light and you only need a few drops for great coverage if you use a primer and a corrector underneath. Also, before applying everything I moisturise the skin with an organic face oil, leaving it slightly damp so to absorb the following layers much better. If it wasn't for the sales assistant I would have opted with a rosier colour, but I would have been mistaken. The fairer tone suits me the most. What amazed me is that the skin feels moist and hydrated for the entire day, quite a velvety sensation. I found the price good too, considering the high quality product that other brand often price at double the amount. Overall I would suggest giving it a try in store, it may very well be considered a cheaper version of Armani Face Fabric foundation.

on 1/19/2015 8:50:00 PM

This product is NOT good for oily skin whatsoever. I had purchased it because I had used BareMinerals products before and have always over their loose powder foundations. After using this, It made my skin extremely oily and I felt as if I could see the serum based foundation settling into every pore or line on my face. I do, however, recommend this foundation for those with dry skin, the drier the better. It is designed to brighten up dull, life less looking skin.

on 1/17/2015 7:25:00 AM

I got swatched at Sephora and they told me that I was 5y03, almost 100% neutral. They said this foundation was a perfect match (for light skin with golden undertones) but when I tested it, it looked too yellow on me, looked bad in dry/flakey areas and settled into lines (I moisturized before testing).

I tested Urban Decay's Naked in the shade 2.0 (described for fair with a slight yellow undertone) and it was much better. It matched my skin better, didn't settle into lines or enhance/show flakey areas, made my overall skintone more even (even under my eyes), as well as made my skin look luminous. I also love how it feels on my skin - it makes my skin feel so soft.

I normally have oily skin but it's dry this winter so I'll have to see how this does in the summer. Speaking of, this shade works for my paler winter skin.

If it helps, MAC says I am shade 1 in Matchmaster but I think it's a bit too light (I only swatched, not tested like the 2 above).

on 1/16/2015 12:08:00 PM

This product definitely surprised me! Because of its name I expected a very light and sheer, very moisturizing foundation. I hesitated to try it because I always need a bit more coverage for redness and blemishes, and I thought it would also be too oily for me. I was so wrong! With an incredibly little amount of product, I achieved a really good coverage, and I found it to be quite mattifying. After watching two youtube videos about it, I also found the best way to wear it - I use a primer underneath, and after applying very little with my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush, I set it with powder. This gives me a very perfected finish - not too natural I have to admit, I think it´s visible that I wear foundation. Not so much "melting in the skin" here. But still, a nicely even finish! It proved to be quite longlasting. So - it´s a decent foundation, I think, but still, I know that for this price I can get others which offer a more natural finish. I also didn´t find it moisturizing at all, which was a bit of a disappointment because I find that if they use the word Serum for the name, it really implies a bit of skin pampering too. That´s why, only 3 stars.

on 1/14/2015 10:41:00 PM

I really, really like this foundation- I have it in bare porcelain and it's the only foundation I've found that will match my pale skin without making me look like a corpse. You definitely have to shake it well before you apply it- and you need very little of the foundation itself. I apply it with a regular foundation brush and then buff it out slightly with a flat buffing brush and it gives an airbrushed- satiny finish. GRANTED if you don't take very good care of your skin by exfoliating 2-3 times a week and moisturizing regularly I can see how this foundation would hi light that rather than conceal it as it settles close to the skin. I use Laura Mercier's foundation primer - but I'm sure any primer would do, I just have super sensitive skin - and it creates a very nice smooth base for this foundation and I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines or pores (which is the WORST). I enjoyed that this foundation doesn't feel cakey or smothering when you apply it- so many foundations make me feel like my skin can't breathe AT ALL - but this one has a very nice satiny feel on the skin; not too greasy, not too heavy. Overall I'm a fan of this foundation and I will definitely be repurchasing it in the future.

Video Reviews & Tutorials