October 2, 2014 | 960 users online

Liquid - Bare Escentuals - bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great for well exfoliated dry skin. I've had no problems with any oiliness or shiny-ness ..Even in today's super hot and humid 90 degree weather. As someone who suffers from dull and dry skin, I can say it really does work. It has the consistency of an airy bb cream. It's light but still covers uneven skin tones and dark acne scars well. I was too cheap to buy the thirty dollar brush, and so I just use it with my real techniques expert face brush. It works perfectly. I first squeeze a drop onto the back of my hand, then with my finger repeatedly dip it into the drop and dot my face with it. Then I blend using the expert face brush. Works magically :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by allielautner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So I've been using this foundation since right before it was released and we received the tester at my counter at Macy's and I took home a sample. I loved it so much I purchased it when it was officially released. I was never a fan of the loose foundation, and I felt that the Ready foundation broke me out. I loved the coverage with about four drops (before my HGs were Tarte Amazonian Clay and Estée Lauder Double Wear, so I like my full coverage!) and applied it with my Sigma F80 and it even covered my acne scarring! Note that I also layered it over the Bare Minerals BB Primer (AMAZING STUFF) so that helped the coverage a bit. I also set it with a translucent setting powder. It lasts me all day (I had pretty oily skin) which was very impressive. It also feels weightless and the finish is beautifully natural. HOWEVER after using this for a couple months, I feel that the serum component of this foundation has seriously dried out my skin. I am in school training to be an esthetician so my skin is kinda going through the wringer now, but I had dry patches around my mouth for about a month and I stopped using this foundation for about a week and used a ton of hydrating products and they are almost gone. So that makes me very sad. Disclaimer: I'm not 100% sure it's the foundation. But it's quite possible. Only reason I don't give this a foundation a 5. Also the packaging is total s**t. We were told in training this packaging was just the prototype and I'm mad they didn't change it before release. STILL love the BB primer, will be reviewing that next, amaaaaazing stuff.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros: Generous selection of shades, very thin texture, feels rich and serum-like right out the bottle, didn't settle into my pores
Cons: Got noticeably flakey and patchy all over the face with and without a primer underneath. I definitely don't have dry skin. I have oily skin and I've never flaked up with any other foundation like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I'm not a foundation fan but I like this foundation. It's very thin and light so it doesn't feel greasy or fake or cakey. In fact it's so thin that it dissolves very quickly so you have to be fast getting it in. I need very little (4-5 small drops) to get quite a bit if coverage and it has a good range of shades, even for a dark skinned person like me.

Its hard to comment on whether it makes my skin better in the long run as I'm not a very regular user of foundation but if it does, its definitely a plus. I like the fact that it has some SPF although as always I don't think the amount you would use would be enough to be effective. I mostly use it only where needed although I must mention that my skin has a lot of scars and pigmentation. My skin is very very sensitive and acne prone and this doesn't mess with it. For people with dry skin, you should probably use it with moisturiser.

I am not crazy about the bottle though. It is not squeezable so it takes a while for the drops to come out of the bottle and you know how one never has enough time in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

I am in love with this product. I have not used a liquid foundation in almost 20 years, so it was a big relief when I decided to try this product that I ended up loving it! I've been using BareMinerals foundation for almost my entire make-up wearing life, and I have loved it. I wear a very light layer, so except for helping to even out my skin tone, most of the time I look like I don't have anything on. Unfortunately, on hot days, it's difficult to apply a powdery mineral foundation. This liquid serum is perfect. I was skeptical about having to buy a special brush, but from my first application, I fell in love with that too. The serum goes on extremely smooth and blends in flawlessly. I only use two drops for my entire face and neck. I get light coverage with the two drops, so I still have my barely there foundation look. I would not hestiate buying this product again and I highly recommend it. It doesn't do anything for my oily T-zone, so I need a separate product for that. Maybe in the future they will come out with an oil control formula.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by bonitasonia

This sucks!!

It takes more then a few drops and the coverage is no good. I used my fingers..a sponge..with primer..with the mineral viel...all I can say is OIL!! OIL!! OIL!! Super oily!!

Though I must admit I did find the right color to match but they really should pull this from the market. This is definitly going back to ulta!! So glad I didn't waste the money on the brush!!

I will stick to the loose powder mineral foundation but I am still in the hunt for the HG liquid!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I thought that that this would be the perfect foundation but since using it, it is almost the worst. I have applied it both with the brush and fingers and see no difference in the finish so save your money. Even with a VERY light hand it settled instantly into my large pores and every line on my face had a caked coating. It looks mask like. I do not think that this can even possibly be good for my skin because as I looked at my skin with my magnifying mirror I could see pools of this in every line and pore and it was already making those tiny white things on my skin. Just goes to show you -- Don't believe anything you hear and only a little of what you read and half of what you see! It's going back!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by dolores1010

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading rave reviews in almost every women's magazine. If you have large pores, this is not the foundation for you. It sunk into my pores leaving me with no coverage at all after a day at work. The claims say that the product contains no oil, but by the end of the day my face was an oily, greasy mess! I am a fan of mineral makeup but will stick to either Jane Iredale pressed base or Glominerals for the time being.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ghoulnextdoor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had heard fantastic things about this product, and as I seem to be nearing an age where *nothing* works for my face anymore, I was eager to try it out. At 38 years of age, I have some redness and a little bit of sun damage I'd like to cover up. I've been at a loss for products though, because I've reached a point where no matter how much exfoliating or moisturizing I do, my face flakes up horribly when I put any sort of foundation or powder on it. My sister once looked at me and without preamble she asked me "What in the HELL is wrong with your face?" after I had applied some previous samples of something or other. Unfortunately I seem to get that response from her more and more often lately.

The long and sort of it is that this product has given me the worst case of "what the hell" face that I have encountered yet. Every inch of my face was flaking. I bet I looked like I had mange or leprosy or something. I wish I had tried it first, because now that's about $60 down the drain ($30 for the makeup and another $30 for the silly brush). I really wanted to love it, and I am glad it works for some people, but not for me. If your skin flakes at even the thought of makeup - just skip this one. I know you'll want it to work and everyone will try to convince you it is a miracle, but save your money and keep looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This has got to be the worst foundation that BM has come out with yet. I do not know who is in charge of developing new products, but that person or team of individuals appears to be rushing out products that either need to be worked on more, or should not be launched at all. This is called a serum foundation, but it really is a low quality liquid foundation in disguise. What is worse is this weird brush they developed to go with it. You add drops of foundation into it, depending on how much coverage you desire. After that you apply the foundation to your face, which I did. As I was applying the foundation it felt like the brush was also removing some of it at the same time. How can you really get medium to full coverage at all, if the brush is really sheering the foundation out on your face, till it looks more like you have on a tinted moisturizer versus a foundation. Building up more coverage is virtually impossible. It also this slightly chemical scent to it as well. And whether I wore it with mineral veil on top for oil control, this foundation does not mesh well with heat. As, I had to do touch ups during the day, yet the product I could see was not holding up well at all. It may hold up better when the weather is cool/cold outside. However, I have no plans to find out as I returned both the foundation and brush for a refund from QVC.

Please do not believe the hype on this product. As, I don't know what direction this company is going in anymore ever since it was taken over by Sheseido.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No