December 21, 2014 | 1216 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Avobath Bath Ballistic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 1:19:00 AM More reviews by flossfairy

I was feeling kind of down about LUSH products until this bomb. My first introduction was pretty good. A friend gave me a Flotsy Gritter Bubble Bar when I was a poor student (It was a very nice treat) and I was intrigued by the concept, scent, etc. I just had to try out more of their products when I finally had an income. So, 2 years later I hit up the LUSH store and pick up this bomb, upon the SA recommendation. . .

I was initially not that taken by this bomb. It was green (OK. I like green), smelled of lemons (lemons are good. not my favorite, but good), and didn't appear to have any of the cool gimmicky things that LUSH is so famous for (I found out later that it adds a little shimmer to the bath water). She mentioned that it was one of the more moisturizing bombs (seemed promising) Quite honestly, I was sick of her suggesting things that I just wasn't interested in so I conceded and bought Avobath. . .

I'm really glad I did. For some reason, I seemed to pick out some duds during this trip (pee colored bath water, greasy ring around the tub, gritty residue, drying) This bomb, however, hit the mark for everything I was hoping for. Pretty seafoam green water, slight shimmer "surprise" (I'm a sucker for anything shiny), soothing herbal lemon scent, and soft (but not greasy) skin. Even my hair seemed to get along with this one. This is what I was expecting from a fancy, pricey, bath bomb. An hour of soaking in yummy scented, pretty, water without a messy bathtub to clean.

I have a feeling at least one Avobath will make it into my future LUSH shopping bags.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this one. It turned the water a light green-ish color; there wasn't any mess to clean up afterward, and it smelled faintly of lemon. It left my skin feeling very moisturized and a lot softer (same with my hair!), and I could see hints of glitter in my skin after I got out of the tub. It's one of the cheaper LUSH products, but all of their products tend to be a little overpriced; I'd probably buy this again if I were feeling a little richer than right now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 12:30:00 PM More reviews by drivenbyyourmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells like Fruit Loops!!! I loved the pretty green shade of the tub water and also how fast this bomb dissolved - much faster than others I have used. While relaxing and gazing at the water, I did notice the sparkles that others have said were non-existant. They aren't big chunks of glitter - just really small subtle shimmer particles. Overall this was a really nice bath. My favorite thing was that I was super-moisturized following the bath. I didn't expect this to be one of the more moisturizing bath bombs so that was a pleasant surprise. I will repurchase with my next LUSH order.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:00:00 PM More reviews by fuzzzybunny

I would not buy this again since there are other bath bombs I love oh so much.

This was nothing special.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by araisin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The nice green tint of the water was lovely, but nothing really wowed me about this bath bomb. It really reminded me of the lime LifeSaver candy (scent and color). I'm not a big fan of lemon (hints of it are ok, but this is very lemony), so I guess that pretty much sealed it for me. However, it was pleasant enough. Won't repurchase, but only because it's just not my taste. What I really liked, however, is that there was no stuff escaping from the bomb and floating around the bath water. I prefer the straight bombs, no "treats" inside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 2:53:00 AM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! it tints the water a light green, plus it releases a refreshing lemony scent! I would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 9:07:00 AM More reviews by ichorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

lovely! Nice smell, similar to that of the Sexy Peel soap, only moisturizing and glittery ;D Tints water a pretty light green and is not overly drying even for my super dry skin (granted I always add a few drops of bath oil as precaution) smells deliciously, is very refreshing and overall the best one.
Only drawback is that it's rather expensive to use as other than weekend treat for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by krystennicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite bath bomb yet!!! The smell is FANTASTIC!!! I've only tried 6 of the other bath bombs so far but I have used two of these already. I love that this bomb does not have any confetti in it which makes a mess of the tub. When I first try out a bath bomb I put it in an ugly nylon just in case they have added stuff inside the bombs. I prefer not having to do that so it is nice that this bomb smells awesome and doesn't make a mess of my tub. Not very relaxing to have to clean out the tub right after a bath imo. After using this in the bath my skin smells so good. Husband loves it. Also turns the water a pale green which is fun. Does not stain tub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I bought this, Bathos and All that Jasmine, and this was the only bath product out of my LUSH shipment that I actually liked, scratch that, *loved*. It turned my water a lovely shade of green and smelled absolutely amazing, kind of citrus-y. The fragrance reminds me of spring. Definitely worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 2:13:00 AM More reviews by LeaLei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite Bath Bomb!! Turns the bath water a pretty shade of green. Its got a great lemongrass scent...its definitely energizing!