LUSH Avobath Bath Ballistic

4.4

on 4/26/2008 6:04:00 PM

I got this as a present, so I wasnt really expecting much as this was my first Lush product. I found that the smell was refreshing, the bath wasnt a mess as the glitter is fairly subtle (It took me a while to realise there was actually glitter) and the water colour was a cool greenie colour which didnt leave a rim around the bath. Didnt find it particularly moisturising though, though I cant say I expected it to be.
I would recommend this as a treat, as it is too expensive for me to get very often. I think the cost is a little high as I have loads of bath bombs which are a lot cheaper and are just as good. Would recommend trying it though.

on 3/25/2008 1:39:00 PM

Gentle lemongrass smell and light coloring, but I didn't detect any of the "sparkle" others report in either of my bombs. I also didn't notice much in the way of moisturizing properties. An average bomb, but not one I would repurchase.

on 3/8/2008 7:24:00 AM

This is one of the only bath bombs that I thought was really fab. Great green color, smells lovely and citrusy, and did not leave a mess in the tub!

on 2/23/2008 1:19:00 AM

I was feeling kind of down about LUSH products until this bomb. My first introduction was pretty good. A friend gave me a Flotsy Gritter Bubble Bar when I was a poor student (It was a very nice treat) and I was intrigued by the concept, scent, etc. I just had to try out more of their products when I finally had an income. So, 2 years later I hit up the LUSH store and pick up this bomb, upon the SA recommendation. . .

I was initially not that taken by this bomb. It was green (OK. I like green), smelled of lemons (lemons are good. not my favorite, but good), and didn't appear to have any of the cool gimmicky things that LUSH is so famous for (I found out later that it adds a little shimmer to the bath water). She mentioned that it was one of the more moisturizing bombs (seemed promising) Quite honestly, I was sick of her suggesting things that I just wasn't interested in so I conceded and bought Avobath. . .

I'm really glad I did. For some reason, I seemed to pick out some duds during this trip (pee colored bath water, greasy ring around the tub, gritty residue, drying) This bomb, however, hit the mark for everything I was hoping for. Pretty seafoam green water, slight shimmer "surprise" (I'm a sucker for anything shiny), soothing herbal lemon scent, and soft (but not greasy) skin. Even my hair seemed to get along with this one. This is what I was expecting from a fancy, pricey, bath bomb. An hour of soaking in yummy scented, pretty, water without a messy bathtub to clean.

I have a feeling at least one Avobath will make it into my future LUSH shopping bags.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this one. It turned the water a light green-ish color; there wasn't any mess to clean up afterward, and it smelled faintly of lemon. It left my skin feeling very moisturized and a lot softer (same with my hair!), and I could see hints of glitter in my skin after I got out of the tub. It's one of the cheaper LUSH products, but all of their products tend to be a little overpriced; I'd probably buy this again if I were feeling a little richer than right now.

Smells like Fruit Loops!!! I loved the pretty green shade of the tub water and also how fast this bomb dissolved - much faster than others I have used. While relaxing and gazing at the water, I did notice the sparkles that others have said were non-existant. They aren't big chunks of glitter - just really small subtle shimmer particles. Overall this was a really nice bath. My favorite thing was that I was super-moisturized following the bath. I didn't expect this to be one of the more moisturizing bath bombs so that was a pleasant surprise. I will repurchase with my next LUSH order.

on 11/7/2007 11:00:00 PM

I would not buy this again since there are other bath bombs I love oh so much.

This was nothing special.

on 6/9/2007 2:27:00 PM

The nice green tint of the water was lovely, but nothing really wowed me about this bath bomb. It really reminded me of the lime LifeSaver candy (scent and color). I'm not a big fan of lemon (hints of it are ok, but this is very lemony), so I guess that pretty much sealed it for me. However, it was pleasant enough. Won't repurchase, but only because it's just not my taste. What I really liked, however, is that there was no stuff escaping from the bomb and floating around the bath water. I prefer the straight bombs, no "treats" inside.

I love this! it tints the water a light green, plus it releases a refreshing lemony scent! I would definately buy again.

on 3/11/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

lovely! Nice smell, similar to that of the Sexy Peel soap, only moisturizing and glittery ;D Tints water a pretty light green and is not overly drying even for my super dry skin (granted I always add a few drops of bath oil as precaution) smells deliciously, is very refreshing and overall the best one.
Only drawback is that it's rather expensive to use as other than weekend treat for me.

Popular Bath Treatments