July 31, 2014 | 1732 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by sashyposhy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after purchasing the Rimmel BB Cream. I tried the BB Cream for about a week, and it just made my skin so greasy. I have normal skin for the most part, so that was just awful. I bought this at Ulta for 4.99, and I love it so far! It looks awesome in natural light, but a bit cakey in other light. I suggest using a brush to apply this foundation. THe packaging is a nice squeezable bottle, so it makes it easy to get all of the product out. It is a little thick at first, but I used only a tiny bit and was able to blend it very well. The coverage is medium, which is more than enough for my skin. The only thing is that I wish it had sunscreen, but I will be repurchasing this item! (I bought it in Ivory, and the BB cream was in Light).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Natalielynn30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for the price. It is medium/full coverage. It feels good on the skin. It is on the thick side since it is mousse form. It stays matte on my skin for about four hours before starting to feel on the oily side, but it doesn't look oily on my face. In some lighting it appears sort of cakey with one application, but in any other lighting (natural even), it looks great. My pores don't look super large either. I like it. I'd buy it again. I'd even pay a little more for it. I paid $4.99 for it at Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by anonymousowl

it last for the whole day and night. I have combonation skin and it stays on my oily and dry skin. It is thick and full coverage but once again thick.It also is small but for only 8 dollars (cnd) what can u say. Although it is thick it feels light and mousey when applied. It doesn't hev any smells because a lot of foundations do (Revlon nearlt naked)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by ashleyg56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

holy wow, this foundation is really really awesome. i have SUPER oily skin, wash my face and 2 min later I'm an oily mess again. i have tried all foundations; chanel, bobbi brown, tarte, makeup forever, urban decay to neutrogena, revlon color stay & cover girl. rimmel always seemed odd to me but i picked up a tube of the matte foundation, and miracles happened. no oil, no shine, no pores, pure flawlessness. i would highly recommend this to anyone with oily skin, its better than revlon color stay, for sure!! hopefully it will not break me out, thats why i give it 4 stars, just in case

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Kerae

There haven't been to many foundations that I've tried from the drugstore that I dislike, but this one is at the top of my list. I bought the shade Ivory and I have a very fair skin. The color is not very natural, and is too dark for my skin. But what I dislike the most is how heavy it feels even though it is touted as being a mousse foundation which usually feels light on the skin. This foundation makes me feel like I'm wearing a mask. I really do not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by geistkat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup is great! It covers fine lines and state matte all day even in the Georgia humidity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been officially won over. I have right now in rotation 5 foundations I'm trying out but this one is the one I find myself reaching for the most. It's definitely a mouse consistency and it's a medium coverage, a solid medium. It covers very nicely and the finish is matte, just like it promises. I dust a bit of their Stay Matte powder on my face and it's a perfect duo. It lasts all day (office job) but I've also worn it to be out in the heat and humidity and it lasted a nice 5 hours out and about before I felt I needed to blot. I got mine for $5 which was a steal for the quality of the product. Rimmel is quickly becoming one of my favorite drugstore brands!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG this is one of the BEST drug store foundations out there and one of the most inexpensive...it costs less than Cover Girl and Maybelline. The lightest shade, Light Porcelain, is the perfect shade for me. (For a reference, some shades of MAC NC15 are a little too dark for me; depending on which specific foundation.) And it truly lives up to its name: it is probably the longest staying matte foundations I have ever used on my very oily skin, but I just started using this about two months ago so I haven't used it in the summertime yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation reminds me a bit of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, but the shade selection is better. I'm also less oily with the Rimmel after a few hours - just a bit on my forehead & chin. This is a great choice if you're into a "matte lite" look, as you can simply skip powder - frankly, it isn't necessary with this foundation anyway. No concealer either, for that matter. I look very forward to seeing how Stay Matte Liquid Mousse performs in the summer.

Love the tight packaging; product comes right out.

Didn't break me out.

Oh, and you know how a lot of matte foundations can look funny between the eyebrows? Looks fine.

I'd deem it a Medium-Full coverage foundation. The shade range of this one skews a bit light, which is great for once. If you're super-fair, then the lightest shade might just be your play.

I've seen it priced as low as $4.97; but you can get it for even less with coupons and/or BOGO deals.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased this and the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour foundation at Target. I paid less than $13 for both foundaitons. This one was actually on sale. I was surprised at how thick this foundation is. Since it claims to be a mousse, I was expecting to be light and airy. But it isn't at all. In fact, it reminds me alot of the Amazonian Clay foundation by Tarte. I purchased this is Shade 200 Soft Beige. This foundation was somewhat hard to work with. It was so thick it didn't blend or spread very easily. It did cover my flaws, but looked somewhat cakey and mask-like. But a little goes a long way. Unlike the Lasting Finish, this didn't irritate my incredibly allergy-prone skin at all. When I first applied it, I thought it was a good color match, but within a short time, it oxidized something horrible. It turned really orange and was WAY too dark for my skin. If I did repurchase this foundaiton, I would probably try the True Ivory next time. But I don't think I like this foundaiton well enough to try another shade. I also found this foundation somewhat hard to remove. I removed this, and used my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light instead. I ended up returning this to Target, and most likely, will not repurchase.