September 19, 2014 | 1181 users online

Liquid - Jane - Oil Free foundation [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2004 6:41:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

I just got this today so I'll update later. It is thick compared to stay calm and has much better coverage. I just dot some on my blemishes but I'm not sure if the coverage lasts or if it's great. I got the third lightest shade because the store ran out of the second (I'm slightly lighter than "buffy" in stay calm) and suprisingly, it's actually lighter than my skin. I'm still looking for my HG D/S foundation to dot on my blemishes. Edit: the texture is sticky if you blend it all over your face and doesn't cover that well (still better than stay calm). The color actually turns slightly darker so it's a good match.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 1:02:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This one has been reformulated since the last time I tried it, and they did improve it, but I still prefer Stay Calm. As others have commented, the texture of the Oil Free is awfully thick and it can look and feel rather heavy. And although the "oil free" name might suggest that this has a longwearing, matte finish, for me the Stay Calm is more oil controlling and holds up better throughout the day. The shades available are also a little peachy for my tastes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2004 2:53:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I'm glad that they finally ditched the cumbersome glass bottle and the overly pink and peach tones on this foundation! Let's face it, nobody has those skin tones in real life! Now, if only Jane would do the same for their pressed powders. Anyway, the squeeze bottle makes for better control of how much foundation you apply. I picked up the color bisque (#3), althought beige (#4) would work great on my skin tone as well. This foundation is also very easy to spread and blend into your skin. BUT, there is one thing I don't like: It doesn't last very long! Like the majority of drugstore foundations I've used, this slides off my face within four hours!=0( The only reason I'd repurchase is if I'm low on foundation and can't afford something high end!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by melonhead3408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. The formula is very similar to my clinique superfit makeup. I love the little squeeze bottle its great for application. This makes my skin feel so soft. I also do not break out with this foundation, which is great! Offers great coverage and application is pretty smooth. I gave this a 4 because if you smudge it with your hands wet it seems like layers of icing or plastic are coming of your face. It does substane heat and sweat well though. and controls oil pretty good. Will definatly buy again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Unfortunately....i got a color too light for me.....made me look kinda ghostly...but anyways, i got this in "Honey"...a caramel looking color but comes off a WAAAY paler than the bottle...the color selection really sux...could not find one for my MMM w/ yellow undertone, C5 skintone... for some reason...i cant stand the smell......it does give good coverage for an inexpensive drugstore brand but if feels masky.....i plan to try Stay Calm foundation coz of the great reviews..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2004 2:38:00 PM More reviews by stormdancer

An awesome foundation for an even better price! My Mom got me this in Ivory for Easter two years ao, and I use it every day. Applying it to my skin alone, however, doesn't work for me because, when my skin is dry, it's really obvious that I'm wearing foundation. But that isn't a problem. I just apply a little oil-free moisturizer to my face first, and then mix some moisturizer with the foundation, then blend all over my face. It gives me great coverage for hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2004 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hesoooz

I got this for like $1 on sale, and it was definitley worth it. I don't wear foundation a lot at all, but I like this one enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2004 3:52:00 PM More reviews by MissLaura2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this foundation. Jane is one of the only drugstore foundations that i like. i have very dry skin and it gave me just the right amount of moisture and didn't make my skin cake or flake. i like it's now in the squeeze holders like the stay calm one. give it a try! and the price is awesome

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2004 11:00:00 AM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been repackaged and is now sold in the same bottle as for Stay Calm.An added bonus,because it does help spread the liquid better and is more sanitary.
The consistency and the coverage was much better on me than Stay Calm.However, the lightest shade Ivory was too dark for me!It has a cast of peach.Too bad because I would have stick to it .The coverage and the price were great!
I am a very fair blond with green eyes( Line Minimizing by L'Oreal in Light Ivory).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by s_rae22

I tried this after hearing so many raves about Jane's Stay Calm foundation (which I couldn't find at the time) I figured if everyone like it so much, that surely the Oil Free would be good too. I wasn't totally disapointed. It had a little thicker consistency than I would have liked and required you to quickly spread it but it offered great, fuller coverage. The color I picked out, bisque, was an almost percect match for my skin and didn't leave it too orange or too white, just right. However, I accidentally smeared it when I had water on my hands and it was almost like a layer of melted plastic coming off my skin! All-in-all, it wasn't too bad but I would definitely choose the Stay Calm over this any day (which I did find and now use).