July 30, 2014 | 2172 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay True [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, I must say that the colors for this foundation are the absolute worst! Not one golden undertone :(. However, what I do like about this is that it wears all day on my oily skin. This is definately Clinique's most oil control foundation (right behind their Clarifying Makeup). This gives great coverge (moderate). I like mixing it with my L'oreal HIP foundation, which is a tad too yellowy, even more me (who is jaundiced). And it looks pretty good. It doesn't break apart of my face, like others do when they mix with my oiliness. For reference I am about a MAC 30/35, Nars Oil-Free Barcelona, and I use Stay Golden mixed with the 2nd lightest L'Oreal HIP foundation.

If you can find a match, and you are super oily, this should definately be a contender. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dnoune

i may not be a pro w/ matte foundations, i never use them, but this was awful (for me). not sure why i tried it because i rarely seem to like clinique foundations, but their line is one of the only that boasts being hypoallergenic all around, so that's appealing to me. regardless, this stuff just kind of scared me into not trying another matte type of foundation. it seems to have pretty good coverage, but i have a couple acne scars and so i put on a light, second layer in those areas. mind you i didn't wait more than 4 seconds to build, and i ended up with patches where i tried to get more coverage. gross. no other foundation i've tried has done this. i was only testing it out (thank god i wasn't going out) so i proceeded w/ my normal make-up routine which includes translucent powder and some blush and it still just looked icky. will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by earamsey

This is the foundation I used to use at age 13. I have recently rediscovered it and its my current HG. This foundation offers medium to full coverage and does not contain a million different types of silicon, which causes me to break out with cystic acne. I love this stuff! I am praying Clinique does not discontinue this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by lucyli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabulous foundation for problem skin. Looks and feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

I've just switched to this from clinique superfit and i definately prefer this one. The SA recommended stay true as i was looking for something with a bit more coverage to cover up the redness in my cheeks. The consistency of this one is thicker but still manages to look natural and not caked on. The only qualm i have is with the packaging. Whilst the glass bottle is quite pretty, the only way to get the foundation out is with a q-tip as it is too thick to pour. This means that some of it is wasted. Other than that a really good product and i will defo be buying again :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For several years, this has been my HG foundation. I discovered it about 8 years ago, after struggling to find a foundation that 1) didn't feel heavy on my skin 2) didn't look chalky and obvious 3) didn't make me breakout and 4) was a true match to my skintone. I have fairly pale skin, with ruddy cheeks and cool undertones, and had never been able to find a foundation in any drugstore or department store line that met my four criteria (and especially the 4th one). I wandered up to a Clinique counter one day after watching a 50-ish makeup artist who didn't seem overdone with her makeup, or pushy with product, and asked her if she could recommend a good match for my skintone that was oil-free and natural. She spent about a minute looking at my skin, and then selected 2 shades of Stay True. When I saw the shades in the bottle, I was horrified...they looked GRAY! I was convinced at that moment that I would walk away from the counter looking like a dead person. She saw my alarm and said "It looks awful in the bottle, doesn't it? But it's going to look very different when I put it on." I gave in, and she applied "Stay Light" to my skin. Holy cow....it was a PERFECT match! Don't let the colors in the bottle sway you...you really have to go to a Clinique counter and try these shades on in good light. Stay True is light and goes on really smoothly with a good foundation brush. It doesn't clog my pores at all, and feels good, not heavy, on my skin. The coverage is matte, but it looks natural, not chalky. I strayed from this foundation for about a year, experimenting with Bare Escentuals (which I wore for months until I got a glimpse of myself one day and saw that it settled into my fine lines around my eyes and made me look older than I am), and with MAC foundations (which were a horrible disappointment to me, especially b/c I love their blushes, lipsticks, and shadows). I've gone back to Stay True, and I'm going to stick with it as long as my combo skin tolerates it. UPDATE: Well, it finally happened. I got too old for this foundation. A friend told me candidly that it was settling into my fine lines under my eyes and making me look older than I was. Back to the Clinique counter I went, looking for a good combo skin foundation and INSISTING that it be an exact color match for my Stay True. So now I am a convert to Perfectly Real in Shade 14. It's a little more forgiving to my now combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2007 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Nessicle

WOW!!!! Thats all I can say about this foundation! Since Revlon completely wrecked Colourstay with their colour selection after adding the silicon softflex, I've been on the hunt for a good foundation that actually stays put all day. I've never realy liked Clinique's foundations but I convinced myself in to trying this and after much talk from the SA I bought it in the shade Stay Nude (MAC NC25/LLL). I got back to work after she'd done a 'makeover' on me which made me look ill and pale and she used far too much moisturiser on my oily skin. I immediately got back to the office and put some of my new foundation on, I have to say, in a rushed and a manner with no routine, sort of rubbed it round my face. It seemed to melt in to my skin and as soon as I had put my bronzer on top after having set it with powder, all I can is WOW! My skin looked flawless, not mask like or cakey, it stayed put and didnt feel like I was wearing foundation at all. I don't know why I didnt try this sooner....so long Revlon!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sherryba

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For my face it was too oily. The color also seemed a bit orange. I have a sample of the clarifying makeup. I think it won't make me as oily. Stay true might be a fine foundation, it just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2007 2:56:00 AM More reviews by lashenova

Ok, after searching and searching I have gone back to my very first foundation ever. I have combo skin and am prone to mild breakouts and clogged pores. This is the only makeup that doesn't irritate my skin or clog pores. I had been experimenting lately trying to find something better and went back to this after a mild breakout. The color selections are poor, but if you can get a match with this I think you should give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jan0124

Love this stuff. I've used it for years & it has never let me down. Now that I'm pushing 30, I make a mixture of half Stay True & half Dewy Smooth & the combo lasts all day AND covers up my still blemish prone olive skin.