September 2, 2014 | 984 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Opaque cool pink goes on perfect with 2 coats. Spring / summer really pops on the toes. It's a fun, casual kind of shade-not at all delicate.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product really is a hit or miss for different people.
Personally, I love it! It looks great against my tan skintone and the color really is a milky pale light pink.
The bottle is cute and the brush is small so its easy to control.
When combined with Essie first base coat, my manicure doesn't chip for about 6 days, which is way longer than my other polishes. I was alittle blown away that it lasted so long. The chipping is not the problem, but if you leave it on your nails too long, you will start to see some light cracking in the polish. I got it for $6, so I'm happy with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

And again I loooooooooove Essie's brand, the cute bottle, and I don't mind the small & short brush. The price... in my local drugstore in Canada Essie retails for about $12, and about $9 at the competition. It adds up quickly when you are an avid nail polish fan. : ( Maybe not too expensive for those who buy one or two bottles a year. : )

1) Color: gorgeous, chic pale pink, modern shade
2) Formula/application : if you don't have patience or time, skip this color because you need a light hand when you apply it: I used only two light coats and I had the color opaque and even the way I like. The formula itself looks like a chalky paste and I think that's why this is not your glossiest polish either ( hello fav top coat). I didn't use any base coat or top coat though, I applied right on top of my bare nails and so far so good. It looks lovely.

I probably will be using Fiji for a whole week!!! I'm loving this shade right now and I don't even care if it's winter season.

Rating: 3 lippies because:
1) price: I wish there was a better deal
2) re-purchasing: I always shop for different colors so 1 bottle each is usually enough for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

Love the color, HATE the formula!
I have so many Essie polishes, and this is the only one that is streaky.
Even after applying 3 coats, it still does not look even.
I am not sure if it's due to the light colors, but it's really hard to work with.
I do not reccomend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

Beautiful milky pale pink. Formula sucks though. It takes me about 2-3 thick coats, the formula is a little irritating to work with. But I get complimented on the color all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is SUCH a cute color! It reminds me of pale strawberry milk in certain lights. The formula of this polish is kind of on the streaky side, but I found I can avoid a streaky look by applying 2 medium-thick coats rather than 3-4 thin coats like I normally would. It gives my nails such a clean sophisticated look. Overall I really like this. :3 Since I haven't had it for that long, I don't know if I can truly give it a 5 yet. I might come back and change this later.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't have any problems with the application of this nailpolish, it's opaque in two layers without being streaky. I read allot of complaints about this polish and I don't know if the European bottles are different from the VS bottles (or that I got a good bottle?), because we only got these in drugstores recently with a new formula and a wider brush. This is a milky pinkish/white nailpolish that can make your hands look a little tanner and gives your nails a polished clean look. I love it and I would repurchase again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe option for the would you buy this product again! I'm really on the fence with this nail polish. I ultimately gave it a 4 because I do love the color and believe it does have a place in my expansive collection.

Application is a mess. I'm an experienced nail polisher and I still needed three coats to get satisfactory coverage. It doesn't have that glossy smooth look that most nail polishes impart (due to the inconsistency of its texture) and it takes a while to dry because you do need to use fairly thick layers of it. I have this on my nails and toes at the moment and it looks cute, and makes you look really tan, which makes this a great summer shade. I have a warm-toned, slightly tanned complexion and it's been very difficult for me to find a milky pink that doesn't make my skin look ashy or strange, and Essie Fiji fits the bill. However, I'd say those looking for a milky pink that complements warm skin tones should check out Revlon Peach Petal, it's slightly warmer and peachier, but it has a similar effect overall, and is a bit easier to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by sofia9714

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted a opaque almost-white pink nail polish for so long, and I was so excited when a found this nail polish! But when I actually tried it, it got horribly streaky, and just way too runny, and I ended up having to put on five coats! And then of course it took way too long to dry, and got all messed up. But because the other Essie nail polishes aren't like that I thought, maybe it's just because I'm not great at applying nail polish. So I asked my sister to apply it for me, and it ended up the same way :(. Plus, eight dollars is a lot for a nail polish, and this definitely was not worth it. I would never repurchase this product and would not recommend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I'm torn with this polish - firstly I love the color. It's an opaque baby pink that just makes your hands look classy and polished. But.... I find the formulation streaky and hard to apply. Maybe I just need to get better at doing my own nails?