January 27, 2015 | 1671 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Gigit77

Lovely fragrance, very classy. One of my favorite scents to wear.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

I do love most of the Chanel fragrances, but....this one just has no zap to me. I wanted to try other smells besides #5 & Coco (my favorite) so I sprayed this one on a stick at Nordstorm. Hum...not so bad, so I asked for a sample. The nice lady put two drops into a tiny spray bottle. ;-) Well, that was enough actually, since it did not smell great on me. I didn't notice a baby powder smell, couldn't really smell much of any smell once it was applied. It somehow got lost in my body chemistry. I mean like really lost, there was hardly a noticeable fragrance at all. My husband usually can pick up on scents right away, and he too did not smell anything. So for me, this one is a no purchase. For the price, I expected it to smell great. The bottle is very unattractive to say the least. ;-) I bet this does smell pretty on some ladies, as it did smell good on the paper stick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oddly enough, this settles on me simply like the scent of baby powder. My friends all took a whiff of me, and commented it smelled like baby powder as well..
It is a nice warm comforting scent, doesn't give me a blaring headache, nor does it make me gag, nor is it too too obvious.

I find it nice, just not exactly what I am looking for, however more wearable for me than some of Chanel's other scents

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by emmabel09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I prefer the EDT to the EDP of this fragrance. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla.
Fresh: lemon and bergamot
Fruity: mandarin and peach
Classical floral: the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom
Woody: sandalwood and vetiver
Oriental: vanilla

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cosebelle

There is no category for Chanel Allure shower gel but I got some in a gift set, and this is what I wish the fragrance or even the lotion smelled like. Maybe it does, from a distance. The fragrance gets me lots of compliments, but to my nose, it's annoyingly heavy and artificial/perfumey. So when I wear it I don't enjoy it myself but others do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i think of the women in my family, i associate certain fragrances with many of them. Most of which are Chanel. When i was 13, my aunt (coco) bought this for me. I remember opening the present and feeling so grown up to receive my very own Chanel signature scent. Imagine my disappontment when i sprayed it and hated it. After a few months of trying to love it, i gave up and opted for Giorgio Beverly hills of all things! - well, it was the 90's!
Thinking i was rid of this perfume, i forgot about the 'family signature' thing. I have the hair spritz, two large bottles of EDP, one EDT, body lotion... i 'm now 28 and i still hate it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by beccalee79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was VERY dissapointed in this fragrance. I paid over $200 AUD for the 100ml EDP. It lasts around 3 hours on me. I cant smell anything after about an hour. While the smell is nice, I was expecting something amazing from Chanel and for the $$ I paid!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Edp. I keep coming back to this scent, it just smells nice! When you first spray it is slightly spicy, warm and yet soft. I find that a lot of the Chanels seem to go through three stages for me, most noticeable with this one. The middle is a bit much some days, but when I want something vanillic, floral and mild, this is what I reach for. A great casual scent, I don't think you need to save this for special occasions at all. I like to wear it to the movies or shopping with friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The review is for the edt.
This is a rather strong floral with a discreet vanillic base. It smells a little bit 90s and synthetic for my taste and certainly gives the "perfume-y", old-school vibe but it is still elegant and classy and seems to be liked by the general public and men in particular. It would suit well a woman in her thirties or older and could be ideal in a work environment (in small doses), since I find it rather serious and dry instead of girly and sexy, as other reviewers suggested. Good sillage and staying power.Nice but not full-bottle worthy for me, at least in this phase of my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No