September 18, 2014 | 1719 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by emmabel09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I prefer the EDT to the EDP of this fragrance. Fresh and citrusy at the beginning, it opens in lavishing floral heart to wooden and vanilla.
Fresh: lemon and bergamot
Fruity: mandarin and peach
Classical floral: the rose of May, jasmine, water lily, peony, magnolia, orange blossom
Woody: sandalwood and vetiver
Oriental: vanilla

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cosebelle

There is no category for Chanel Allure shower gel but I got some in a gift set, and this is what I wish the fragrance or even the lotion smelled like. Maybe it does, from a distance. The fragrance gets me lots of compliments, but to my nose, it's annoyingly heavy and artificial/perfumey. So when I wear it I don't enjoy it myself but others do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 7:33:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i think of the women in my family, i associate certain fragrances with many of them. Most of which are Chanel. When i was 13, my aunt (coco) bought this for me. I remember opening the present and feeling so grown up to receive my very own Chanel signature scent. Imagine my disappontment when i sprayed it and hated it. After a few months of trying to love it, i gave up and opted for Giorgio Beverly hills of all things! - well, it was the 90's!
Thinking i was rid of this perfume, i forgot about the 'family signature' thing. I have the hair spritz, two large bottles of EDP, one EDT, body lotion... i 'm now 28 and i still hate it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by beccalee79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was VERY dissapointed in this fragrance. I paid over $200 AUD for the 100ml EDP. It lasts around 3 hours on me. I cant smell anything after about an hour. While the smell is nice, I was expecting something amazing from Chanel and for the $$ I paid!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Edp. I keep coming back to this scent, it just smells nice! When you first spray it is slightly spicy, warm and yet soft. I find that a lot of the Chanels seem to go through three stages for me, most noticeable with this one. The middle is a bit much some days, but when I want something vanillic, floral and mild, this is what I reach for. A great casual scent, I don't think you need to save this for special occasions at all. I like to wear it to the movies or shopping with friends.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The review is for the edt.
This is a rather strong floral with a discreet vanillic base. It smells a little bit 90s and synthetic for my taste and certainly gives the "perfume-y", old-school vibe but it is still elegant and classy and seems to be liked by the general public and men in particular. It would suit well a woman in her thirties or older and could be ideal in a work environment (in small doses), since I find it rather serious and dry instead of girly and sexy, as other reviewers suggested. Good sillage and staying power.Nice but not full-bottle worthy for me, at least in this phase of my life.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in the EDP after sampling all the Chanel fragrances for what is probably the hundreth time. For the first week I was regretting my purchase thinking the fragrance was too strong. A week later and I'm in love.

The fragrance lasts all day with one spray, but after it's dried down, it's soft feminine and well... "alluring!" The white flowers aren't overblown after the dry down and you're left with a warm, oriental, floral with a touch of vanilla. I'm 33 and I feel like this perfume is more an expression of me than some of the new releases that have recently come out. It doesn't have what some call an "old lady accord" but it's certainly not a sugary melon bomb either.

I read an article on-line that states Essie Weingarten who has the famous nail polish line wears Allure mixed with Clinique's Happy. I wore Happy for about 6 months in college before moving on, and always loved the upbeat fragrance but everyone was wearing it - and it became too recognizable. The thought of this combination peaked my interest though, so I gave it a try on my arm at Nordstroms and I must say I bought a small bottle of Happy just for this purpose. It could be worth a shot - it certainly smells unique - yet yummy.

All I can say is don't judge Allure on first spray, at least with the EDP. Try one spray only and give it time to develop for an hour before making a decision. One spray will easily take you through 12 hours and won't become cloying. I'm totally smitten with it at this point!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2010 10:55:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I must admit that I am really surprised that many people are fond of this fragrance. I have nothing against other Chanel fragrances, but this one is a heavy, headache giving one. Reminds me of cheap, ordinary and old-lady fragrances of 80's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am sorry, but personally I am not fond of this.
Someone came in to work one day smelling divine, very fresh & floral & quite feminine, I HAD to ask her what she was wearing. She said Chanel Allure. The fragrance smelled very 'bright,' quite vibrant.
Being that my body chemistry is very temperamental with fragrances, I tracked down a tiny sample size spray of this in eau de toilette on eBay for $5 (lowest price I could find).
On me it smells very creamy, rich, 'thick,' heady, OLDER (I am not that young but come on I'm not an old lady yet) ... so different than the scent on the woman (on her it was more reminiscent of Anais Anais or Avon Haiku, very fresh). It gradually dries down to a softer but lingering powdery scent (I don't like powder scents).
This fragrance to me is more similar to Givenchy Organza which I also have. It's strictly a pulse-point fragrance & being that I won't buy this again, the small spray amount that I have now is MORE than sufficient & will actually last me quite a long time. Not a repurchase for me, sorry. :( It's not bad, it's just not what floats my boat.