Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream

3.8

Active Ingredient: 2% Salicylic Acid Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Diisostearyl Malate, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Salicyric Acid, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxythyl Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, Dipropylene Glycol.

on 3/10/2015 7:04:00 AM

I really like this product for everyday makeup. It covers enough for daytime, all I need is a little undereye concealer and I'm good to go. I dont like using foundation every day, so this works perfectly for me. It blends really well with my skin and looks natural. Easy to apply.
I wore it to work, and with som primer and setting powder, it looked just as good after 6 hours.

The cons are: very little product for the price and not enough colour options.
Luckily the lightest shade fits my fair complexion (usually have difficulty with products that come in light/medium).

Overall very happy with the product.

Edit:
I dont know if this BB-creme has change, or if my skin has, but I feel like it doesn't stay on my skin as well anymore.. It feels quite sticky, especially on my chin. It works best if I apply with my fingers as well, though it used to work with a brush.. dont know what has happened. Not completely sure if I will re-purchase or not..

on 3/8/2015 6:48:00 AM

I have this product and can I just say, it's amazing. I definitely recommend this because it helps with acne and is very light weight. It's not Cakey and does not flake off of anything. It is truely amazing. One of the best bb-creams ever

on 3/4/2015 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this BB cream! Most people will probably find this surprising, but I'm glad it doesn't contain any SPF. Why? Well, I'm prone to red blemishes/breakouts if I apply certain chemicals to my face--darn you, sensitive Asian skin-- and chemical SPF is one of the culprits. I use physical sunscreens instead.

For ladies familiar with MAC's skin-matching system, I'm an NC40 and I use the medium-deep shade of this BB cream. I find that it makes my face ever so slightly darker than my neck. No big deal-- I'm sure once summer comes around that problem will go away. Plus, the medium shade washes me out. I like the coverage this BB cream gives because it isn't too sheer or heavy. I have combination skin and am lucky enough not to get pimples very often, but I do get quite a few blackheads on my nose and cheeks. This covers them up well. For those with combination skin like me, you'll probably find that this BB cream won't keep your t-zone from getting shiny. I just use Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder (another great product) in that area and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. No touchups needed unless it's particularly warm out.

Overall, I'd recommend this for those who don't need too much coverage but still want something that evens out their skin tone. Also, I don't think this will be too heavy in the hotter months, which is a plus. I'll definitely repurchase!

on 3/3/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very light coverage so if you have a lot to cover, I don't think this would do the trick. I know some use it as a primer, then use their regular foundation so that might work if you need more coverage. I didn't use this to cover, just used it for the additional acne fighting kick. This gave me a light coverage, pretty matte look. Doesn't wear for an incredibly long time due to its lightness. I'm not sure if it alone hurried away any pimples but this combined with my regular acne spot treatment seemed to quicken the healing by maybe a day or two. I need to use my Neutrogena acne foundation up, then I would certainly repurchase this one to have in my arsenal.

on 2/27/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using this BB cream for the past week and I am absolutely in love. I used to use the Dream Fresh BB cream, but I felt that it was too liquid-y and oily on my combination skin. This product leaves a satin finish on the skin, it's not completely matte, but it's not dewy either. I think it's the perfect finish for combination skin like myself.
I also like that this BB cream comes in a squeeze tube because it allows me to control the amount of product I want, and not have it going all over the place. The packaging also makes this great for traveling, since it is small.
What I like the most about this product is that it has reduced my acne. I had 2 pimples on my face, and within a week, both disappeared. I was so impressed and wasn't expecting this to tame my acne so well. It also has improved my complexion and I can see that my dark spots are fading.
What I don't like so much is that this BB cream accentuates dry patches on the face, so beware, especially if you have dry skin. I also don't like that the color is a bit too red on me, but the product adjusted to my skin enough for it to not look too noticeable. I think Maybelline in general should have more range in colors in terms of their face products.
This BB cream has a light to medium coverage and is very build-able. It's very natural looking, but gives the face a bit of glow. It does a nice job covering my hyper-pigmentation and lasts all day.
I used the color Deep.

Update: So it's been a couple of months since I've been using this product and it's gotten to be less effective on my pimples. I've also noticed that it has been giving me a lot of whiteheads, so I'm going to stop using it. Even though on the bottle it says there are 0% oils, there are still some oil added into this product.

on 2/25/2015 8:19:00 AM

love it! this bb cream has become a daily makeup stable for me.

my skin is very fair, and normal type except for a little bit of oil around the nose area and i am prone to dark circles, so i was after something really light that i could just whack on before going about my day. i first tried the dream fresh pure bb cream (the one in the pink packaging) and found that it made me just a little bit greasy, so i tried this one and it was almost a perfect fit.

i really like it because it looks like you're not actually wearing makeup but instead you have just been blessed with the rare gift of very fabulous skin. i don't feel like i needed any concealer at all because it pretty much just evens the skin tone and covers most blemishes (if you have acne scars or anything like that, you might need to add concealer because it is quite sheer.)

however, it doesn't completely eradicate the oil around my nose and it fades a little throughout the course of the day (not entirely though, it's still pretty good!).

nonetheless, it is definitely the best affordable bb cream i have found to date (protip: if you live in australia, go to chemist warehouse and you can get it for like $8) and i'll keep on using it unless i find a better one. it is meant to be for oily skin but it works fine for me too!

pros:
– i am very fair and the light shade doesn't make me look like an oompa loompa! hooray!
– reasonable priced considering the quality
– relatively oil-reducing
– makes your skin look pretty dang luscious

cons:
– you might need to reapply during the day

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my absolute fave BB cream. Before Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream, I was using other BB creams, jumping from one to the next because I couldn't find what I wanted. They were either too oily, or watery after awhile of owning them, or not effectively providing coverage. And then I found this BB cream, and it was a lifesaver. Everything about it is 'just right'. Definitely something I'd buy again- I have and I will in the future.

on 2/24/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

L-O-V-E this product. It's not too creamy and not too liquid-y. NO SCENT!!! It is very easy to apply and covers just enough (bought the lightest shade for my fair skin tone). I don't have acne issues and I use a concealer for my dark circles, so I just put some mineral powder on top of this BB cream to settle the whole makeup and then it stays all day without any issues.

on 2/21/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have never been a foundation wearer, usually just use some concealer on my spots and call it good because I really dislike the idea of clogging up my really acne prone skin. But, as my acne has been clearing up I found myself wanting to even out the discoloration and large pores that are a result of my acne. This does a great job of smoothing out and evening my skin tone without feeling heavy or greasy, and I really like that it is formulated to not break you out. Alas, I have some dry skin as well and this product clings to those areas and makes them a lot more noticeable. You should be okay if you exfoliate, but be warned. Not a miracle in a bottle and a little pricey, but definitely lives up to its promises and is a very decent product!

I love this bb cream. It provides light coverage and goes on smooth. Because this is so light it is great for girls ages 12-15 and is a great alternative to foundation for younger girls i would recommend this to anyone who wants to cover minor blemishes without the heavy look of foundation