October 22, 2014 | 1138 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Pure BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually used the Clinique BB Cream in Shade 3. I rant out and i work in car sales so i am in the sun ALL day. I figured ok i need that sunscreen. I went to Walmart and saw this, now i usually veer away from drug store brands. Not knowing what color i am buying freaks me out. I paid $8 if that so i figured id try it. I have been getting breakouts lately which i never do but i recently moved so the heat here is something i am not used to. Long story short i actually really like this product. Its long lasting and does not go on so shiny like the clinique bb cream. Also, it isn't as thick so it feels lightweight. I purchased the medium deep because for summer i like to be tan. I will buy this again. I do recommend this. Oh i forgot to mention i did use powder to set it and bronzer as blush. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Sarahjeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend recommended this for me since my skin is very acne-prone and oily. I never had used any foundation or anything to cover up my face, so I thought why not? I used it the first day and I LOVED it! My redness and oily skin had disappeared that day and I was excited to take it off and see if the 2% salicylic acid did it's job. I didn't see any changes so I decided to use it for the next 2 days. WORST IDEA EVER! My skin was just about ready to clear up after about 4 month of dealing with acne, and this product brought it back and worse! My skin was just pimple after pimple after pimple and even now after five days the pimples are still growing. Hope this helped, but it also might be just because my skin is so oily and very acne-prone, keep that in mind!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Aznmakeup

My favorite drugstore bb cream! And way better than the first bb cream maybelline came out with. Targeted for oily combo where the first bb cream was targeted to dry skin. I have acne scars and it doesn't cover them up completely, but blurs them out a little bit while evening out my skin tone. I have oily skin and it keeps me matte for about 3-4 hours with a setting powder. It lasts a very long time, haven't seen any improvements on my skin yet (it does have acne medication) but that could be because I don't use it everyday. Only con is the shade selection

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in the search for a good BB Cream and after doing some research I decided to give this one a try.
The availability of this product is great. You can find it at pretty mush any drug store/market.
I bought the lightest shade available in this product, but it was still far to dark for me. It oxidized on my skin and became very orange colored. Though, my skin is more pale than most, the level of oxidation was surprising. It was unwearable due to the coloration difference.
Also, this BB Cream caused my skin to break out, which was a complete deal beaker. If you have sensitive skin, use caution.
In the end, I found a BB Cream from a different brand that is much better suited to my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by johnnsmithh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to decide on 1 bb cream to buy, this had the highest review so I decided on this. It is the perfect colour maybe a little bit dark (I bought the light) but during summer it will match my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Andtaylorr

Love this bb cream! I have really oily skin and I wore this all day in the sun and had water misters go onto my face and it didn't streak, smudge, or rub off! It looked amazing. The coverage is build able to sheer to medium coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by juliackendall

I recently stopped using foundation. It was a huge change for me. I decided to swap my foundation for some kind of BB cream, and kinda bought this product on a whim. It's gentler on my acne and doesn't make me break out. In fact the texture of my skin has improved. The coverage could be better, but with a good concealer it's perfect. Before this product I was using a foundation that supposedly was good for acne. I noticed a huge difference in my acne once I used this BB cream. This product won't get rid of your acne, but it certainly won't make it worse, and it gives your skin a little boost I think. All in all this is a great product!! So happy I made the switch!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to the store to buy more of the regular Dream Fresh BB, and saw this one. Salacylic acid? Since I'm an adult with the skin of a 13 year old, I figured that could help me out, and I tossed it in my basket without a thought.

However, heartbreak at home: I realized this didn't have sunscreen in it. Bahhhh, isn't that one of the biggest selling points of these BB creams? I loved the original Dream Fresh BB because I could carry it in my bag and use it as my face sunscreen for summer days. Dream Pure BB doesn't offer that ease of use; I'm back to having to layer multiple items (sunscreen and Dream Pure BB). To me, this product defeats the purpose of a BB cream--ya know, only having to put one product on your face (other than powder, if you want). UGH.

Other than that problem (which to me, is a deal-breaker for repurchase), the formula is good. It is definitely thicker than the original Dream Fresh BB, and--in my opinion--has better coverage but still feels like happy nothingness on my face. I saw some reviews saying this was orange, but I did not have that problem...then again, I don't use a whole bunch of this product. Maybe if I slathered a lot on, I'd have a problem? Dream Pure BB lasts decently for the day (6~8 hours) as long as I'm inside; I haven't tested it outdoors for long amounts of time, but it did fine during a 40 minute afternoon walk in the Texas summer heat, so there's that. I'm not entirely sure it's helping with any acne I have, but I will say it's not hurting the problem, either. My face has continued with its own mildly hateful agenda, irregardless of the product.

If it were wintertime and the days were stuck in perpetual cloudiness, I'd probably have no problem with this. To me, however, BB cream = lazy day make-up. An included SPF is essential for lazy summer make-up here. If you are the type of person who has ill reactions to sunscreens, though, then this is a stellar product to use! For my personal uses, it just didn't fit the bill, though. Not at all a bad product, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best BB's I have ever tried! I bought the shade medium which was still somewhat light. Not a very good selection of colors and I'm not dark at all. Any-who, the coverage is pretty darn good! I dab it on with a powder brush and it creates a nice natural looking finish. It's not sparkly at all which is a plus. The wear ability is pretty good for a bb cream. Of course I apply a loose finishing powder along with a makeup setting spray. I fell asleep with it once and I didn't wake up shinny or broken out which is what usually happens when I fall asleep with any other make up. I haven't noticed any new breakouts which is great! I actually see preexisting drying up. A bit of flaking where the old blemishes are. I'm very satisfied with this product! I like it a lot. I've discarded my old foundation and decided to stick to this for now. I've been using this for a week now and it's been wonderful! Very happy! I've also noticed that it does a nice job concealing some of my problem pores. Covers some ol acne Scars as well. I really enjoy this product

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by makeupobsessed9

I loved this product when I first used it, because it had an amazing coverage compared to other BB creams and still felt really light on my skin. But what I wanted was more of a natural finish, which I feel this doesn't have. I set it with a matte finishing powder and I was angry when it only lasted about 4 hours before I turned into an oily mess. But well, it's a BB cream after all. I was okay with having to touch up every few hours. And then, after a week of using it I realized that my skin was breaking out everywhere. I'm so angry because it matched my skin tone perfectly, and I haven't found any BB creams that match so well. And it has this weird smell, which my little brother named "a combination between alcohol and cat pee". Which was exactly what I was thinking.