July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm digging all these chubby stick wannabes - Jordana's version is pretty darn perfect, I just docked two lippies because the shades available are limited and not that pretty. I would recommend "Terra Crave" - kind of a deep nude - as the one that would be universally flattering. Nice balmy feel on the lips without being sticky, no crazy shimmer or glitter effect, and it leaves a hint of tint behind as it wears off. It does have a scent, but it doesn't bother me like most scented lippies do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BluecatResurrected

I bought Terra Crave and Cranberry. I like the smooth texture and that it has decent staying power. Terra Crave is pinker that I wanted but it's still a decent neutral. Cranberry was a BIG disappointment--not berry, just a cheap-looking pink. I love the idea of balm stains but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have this in "Tropical Frenzy" which is a bright fuchsia/darker pink. I was amazed at how cheap yet good this is!

It goes on like a balm much like those CoverGirl twist up balms (forget exactly what they are called) only this is so much better in terms of staying power, pigment and even price. It is very pigmented and shows up bright on my lips. It wears off slowly and even once the shiny balm look has worn away there is a long lasting stain left behind. I can put this on in the morning and the stain is still there after lunch which is pretty amazing for me. Plus the colours are so pretty! I'm looking for more but sadly they always seem sold out near me.

The only complaint I have about this - and maybe this isn't true for all of them - is that the caps always pops off. It popped off in my make up bag and got colour all over the place which was super annoying and difficult to remove. This has never happened with my NARS velvet matte pencil, nor my CoverGirl or Revlon Just Kissable, which are all in similiar twist up/chubby pencil-type packaging. Could just be this one, I don't know but I keep it in a tiny plastic bag just in case from now on. This is kinda difficult to remove from your lips and even harder to get off of fabric!

I would definitely repurchase and am currently looking for more shades when they come back in stock at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

ahh i love this i bought all the colors

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite of the balm stain crayons out there. I really love the semi-sheer finish and the stain effect with these. I had tried similar offerings from several brands which did not work out, and I had almost dismissed the concept, so I'm so glad I gave these a try. I have this in "Terra Crave" which comes in a tan tube that does not really reflect the true color. This is a MLBB rosy-pink on me, which stains a little brighter after a while, but not by much. It ends up being a corally-rose shade after a full day, which works with my NW20 coloring. I would love to try a few more colors, but these are hard to find, which is the only major drawback here. There is no minty sensation or flavor, unlike the unwearable (for me) Revlon balm stains, and it did not stain my lips a freaky bright fuscia (like Revlon, Clinique and CG did) after a few minutes of wear. This shade has the faintest hint of shimmer, but it is not chunky at all and adds nice depth. So, a big yay for these Jordana Twist and Shines from me. I also really like the Sally Hansen balm stain crayons (I have one in Blackberry), but I find myself reaching for the Jordana more often. I'd try more shades if these were easier to find. The low price is great and I've found a few surprisingly great items from this brand (lipsticks, blush). Yes, I'd repurchase and I would love a wider range of shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Sofia321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love these. I think they stain lips great and once the "balm" part has rubbed off lips are still tinted with the color. I bought nude chic, honey love, and cranberry crush. Honey love is gorgeous! They smell amazing too. I'll probably end up buying the rest of the colors soon.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I hate to be a party-pooper, but these sadly didn't work for me. The application and staying power were great, but the colors all turned on me. I got:

*cranberry crush*--Color is very true to packaging. Verrrry bright fuchsia. With my coloring (fair skin, dark hair) I looked like a deranged clown (though I consider all clowns deranged-looking). I do think this could look awesome on someone with darker or maybe olive skin.

*honey love*--Swatched on my hand, looked like a cool, pretty rose. Again, true to packaging. On my lips though, which are averagely pigmented, it turned into a very bright pink.

*terra crave*--This one I'd had the highest hope for. On my hand, looked like a soft brick red. But once again, turned into a garish bright pink on my lips.

Application is smooth, not sticky, and feels reasonably moisturizing. I appreciate that the color is buildable and not sparkly. I must just have weird lip chemistry or something.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

These are lovely lip balms. I have the Candied Coral, this is more of a cream lipstick than balm, it lasts for hours. It is a beautiful coral pink color, I bought a back up, I rarely do that. I also have Honey Love, which is more balm like, doesn't last terribly long, is MLBB, very smooth with a very slight shimmer.

Edit: 12-15-13
Just wanted to say, the Candied Coral does leave a reddish stain. If I don't want it to stain, I apply the Honey Love lightly and use the Coral over it, this also softens the coral color a little bit, which is very lovely.

I love that they are made in the USA.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the shade Candied Coral. This is amazing, it's as moisturizing as a lip balm and the pigmentation is crazy. The package, price and quality are amazing. Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by weedita

I first heard about these on YouTube and they were so hyped that I just had to run out and get some. I was actually surprised because my Walgreens had just ONE every color still in stock. And that never happens to me so it just proves that the universe wanted me to have them all so I grabbed them all in one pop. But at $2.99 each it wasn't going to break the bank if the product was a bust. .

First off, I really love that they come shrink wrapped which guarantees that you are not buying a color already tested/abused by some other shopper. That is one of the things that really bothers me when I am shopping for drugstore products. 80% of the time the first item in the rack has been tested and put back in the rack for some other poor soul to buy if the don't check it first. So a lesson to us all. Always take the time to check, it will save you from having to make another trip to make a return.

Now onto the color range, I think that Jordana did a great job of checking all of the boxes and including colors that will appeal to the majority. They have the requisite pink, red, fuchsia, and berry. I would have liked to see them take a few risks and add a purple and orange in the mix. But I am hopeful that they will expand the line in the near future to add more statement-y colors. I am NC-45 with mauve pigmented lips. So a few of the colors came up lacking in the pigmented department to override my natural lip color. Candied Coral and Tropical Frenzy, I am looking at you with disapproval..And Nude Chic is another regret. It is just filled with silver glitter which adds a chunky texture to the lips (which I cannot stand) and once the color is gone the glitter stays behind so that it can travel all over your face and end of in random areas like a nostril or earlobe. Bonus! To be perfectly honest, none of them stained my lips whatsoever. YMMV. The Revlon Kissable balm stain do leave with a slight wash of color that last all day. So they might be the better option if the budget will allow.

Now, let's talk about the smell. This product smell to me like dry erase markers mixed with some sugary candy concoction. I usually don't notice smells but this smell is noticeable and noticeable for quite awhile on the lips. So that is another negative for me. But I just apply some cherry Chapstick and keep it moving.

The wear time is decent. I have to touch up couple times through the course of the day. They do feel somewhat moisturizing on the lips but I always wear Chapstick to combat any dryness.

Do I regret purchasing? Nope! They do a great job for the price. Would I repurchase? Yes, I love Terra Crave, Cranberry Crush, Rock N Rouge, and Honey Love so much that I already have backups stashed.