October 23, 2014 | 941 users online

Lips - Jordana - Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually a lipstick/lipgloss type of person. I like to stick with lip balms. But recently, I decided to branch out and try something new, something that provides color but also moisture. When I first heard about these, I knew I had to try them. The first thing that attracted me was the price. $3?! Such a steal. I didn't really wanna try something too expensive 'cause I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. Prior to purchasing, I also read other reviews to make sure these didn't have any peppermint essence to it. My lips get severely irritated when minty lip products touch them, which is what kept me away from Revlon's lip stains. But anyway I digress. The fact that these were only $3 and didn't have any peppermint oils sold me. I went over to Walgreens and purchased the shades "Honey Love" and "Cranberry Crush." I'm still getting used to wearing color on my lips and these shades were perfect for me. Honey Love is my perfect MLBB shade and Cranberry Crush is a berry color. For shade reference, I'm around an NC35/37. Moisture-wise, these gave pretty good moisture. It doesn't really dry out my lips. When first applied, it gave a shiny finish. But as the hours passed, it left a nice stain on the lips. As for the packaging, it's pretty simplistic. Looks like a crayon and thankfully there's no need to sharpen as it is retractable. If I really had to pick out a con, it would have to be that the top doesn't seem to fully close. If you do plan on traveling with these and putting it in a bag, be careful as it can open and come undone. But other than that, I highly recommend these and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

It doesn't' have the irritating peppermint oil the Revlon has in there Just Bitten balm stain, but it did dry my lips out anyway. Not as much as the Revlon but I wouldn't consider this a balm. These are at Walgreens for around $3
The colorI bought were Cranberry Crush which was a bright magenta/plum. I was going to get Honey Love but tried two stores and gave up. The Cranberry Crush had no sparkles in it. The intensity of the shade was a bit much, but after about 15 minutes the color was gone and I had a softer lip color. I thought this would leave a stain but it left nothing. I had to reapply over and over.
So this didn't work for me based on the dryness and the lack of stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so pleasantly surprised by these! I bought mine in Cranberry, and it's such a beautiful color, almost like a deep berry with fuschia undertones. It lasts a LONG time, even though the texture is slightly glossy and sticky. Once the stickier layer goes away, you are left with a lovely stain that lasts for hours. These are so cheap, I should pick up more colors soon. Highly recommend - one of my new faves!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was excited about these and I can only find them at my local Walgreen's but luckily I didn't break the bank with them b/c I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. I got 2 colors the Nude Chic and Honey Love. Turns out the nude would be perfect but it has glitter in it. That might be ok for someone younger but at 27 it's not as good of a look on me. Mine had lots of glitter not just a shimmer which I could have dealt with. The other color Honey Love looked like it would work with my fair complexion but it goes on a bright pink/purple color on my lips. This was also not very flattering. It was ok at first but as it dried it just seemed to get brighter. Kind of made looked like washed out Barbie. The nude when it dried left a nice wash of color but that damn glitter made it weird and traveled all around my mouth. I may try using these with other glosses or lipsticks just so I don't waste them but I wasn't very impressed and I think these were the only colors I really liked. I got them for $2.99 a piece and like I said they were alright and I like the price but I doubt I would buy anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this lip stain in the shade "Honey Love". It is a beautiful pinkish nude shade which is super flattering on me. It applies as smooth as butter and doesn't have a tacky or sticky feel. Also, it is not drying like other stains on the market. The lasting power is better than the Revlon Balm Stains...it literally lasted a good 6-7 hours before needing to be retouched. I cannot wait to try other shades! Heck, at $2.99 a piece, I plan on purchasing ALL the shades!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm digging all these chubby stick wannabes - Jordana's version is pretty darn perfect, I just docked two lippies because the shades available are limited and not that pretty. I would recommend "Terra Crave" - kind of a deep nude - as the one that would be universally flattering. Nice balmy feel on the lips without being sticky, no crazy shimmer or glitter effect, and it leaves a hint of tint behind as it wears off. It does have a scent, but it doesn't bother me like most scented lippies do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BluecatResurrected

I bought Terra Crave and Cranberry. I like the smooth texture and that it has decent staying power. Terra Crave is pinker that I wanted but it's still a decent neutral. Cranberry was a BIG disappointment--not berry, just a cheap-looking pink. I love the idea of balm stains but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I have this in "Tropical Frenzy" which is a bright fuchsia/darker pink. I was amazed at how cheap yet good this is!

It goes on like a balm much like those CoverGirl twist up balms (forget exactly what they are called) only this is so much better in terms of staying power, pigment and even price. It is very pigmented and shows up bright on my lips. It wears off slowly and even once the shiny balm look has worn away there is a long lasting stain left behind. I can put this on in the morning and the stain is still there after lunch which is pretty amazing for me. Plus the colours are so pretty! I'm looking for more but sadly they always seem sold out near me.

The only complaint I have about this - and maybe this isn't true for all of them - is that the caps always pops off. It popped off in my make up bag and got colour all over the place which was super annoying and difficult to remove. This has never happened with my NARS velvet matte pencil, nor my CoverGirl or Revlon Just Kissable, which are all in similiar twist up/chubby pencil-type packaging. Could just be this one, I don't know but I keep it in a tiny plastic bag just in case from now on. This is kinda difficult to remove from your lips and even harder to get off of fabric!

I would definitely repurchase and am currently looking for more shades when they come back in stock at Walgreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by JennyCaroline

ahh i love this i bought all the colors

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite of the balm stain crayons out there. I really love the semi-sheer finish and the stain effect with these. I had tried similar offerings from several brands which did not work out, and I had almost dismissed the concept, so I'm so glad I gave these a try. I have this in "Terra Crave" which comes in a tan tube that does not really reflect the true color. This is a MLBB rosy-pink on me, which stains a little brighter after a while, but not by much. It ends up being a corally-rose shade after a full day, which works with my NW20 coloring. I would love to try a few more colors, but these are hard to find, which is the only major drawback here. There is no minty sensation or flavor, unlike the unwearable (for me) Revlon balm stains, and it did not stain my lips a freaky bright fuscia (like Revlon, Clinique and CG did) after a few minutes of wear. This shade has the faintest hint of shimmer, but it is not chunky at all and adds nice depth. So, a big yay for these Jordana Twist and Shines from me. I also really like the Sally Hansen balm stain crayons (I have one in Blackberry), but I find myself reaching for the Jordana more often. I'd try more shades if these were easier to find. The low price is great and I've found a few surprisingly great items from this brand (lipsticks, blush). Yes, I'd repurchase and I would love a wider range of shades.