September 17, 2014 | 1271 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lipstick! I originally thought of this as another nude lipstick but it actually shows up darker on me. I am NC42 for reference and a sucker for nude l/s. But I still love this and use it for my everyday make up! The staying power is good, about 3 hours. But I took one lippie off because this has the tendency to make my lips dry and just make it look chappy. Overall though, it's a good match for me and I love the color!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by SanjediMasta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This loses a lippy because it can be a bit drying. The goods things are that the colour is a nice warm nude rather than a washed out vampire nude. Its also good for mixing with other lipsticks to make them lighter or tone down overly bright colours.

I like taking any sort of lip liner and blending it in with viva glam 2, I've tried with burgandies, browns and pinks and get an overall nice matte pastely nude with a hint of whatever lip liner colour I used.

For my nc42/43 skintone I find its best to use this lipstick with a neutral brown/mauve lip liner such as the elf studio one.

I put the price rating as 1 becasue viva glam money goes to charity.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by cherrybombVIXEN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this at my local mac counter when i was searching for a nude/pink look! The wonderful lady at the counter reccommended this lipstick and BOY BAIT on top. this combo creates a beautiful neutral milky pink , looks perfect on my complexion! I'm a MAC NC30-NC35. Expensive but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by AriaC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect nudie for me!
Bought it three times already, I use it everyday!
I didn't gave it 5 stars out of 5 because the lasting power isn't that great, but I don't mind reapplying the product during the day.
I adore the color, on my pale neutral skin it changes color somehow, depending on the lights: it is a nude that swings between cold brown and dirty pink, and that doesn't make me look dead.
it goes on smooth - if the lips are well moisturised, and doesn't dry out my lips at all.
I don't like applying glosses over this lipstick, I find that the color looks more unique by itself.
overall, great everyday product, a nudie with a hint of colour that looks amazing even with nude eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very pale, so this looks a little bit oo brownish for my skin, BUT i think this would look great on a NC30/ NW30 skintone maybe?
I love the color, and I love the coverage. But it's definetly brown for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ooannieo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC30 and this is the PERFECT nude for me. This color is wayyy better than the overhyped myth lipstick and can be paired with almost anything; great for an everyday lipstick. Goes on smooth and non-drying. LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

One of the best 'nudes' for my lips. I'm a NC25 w/pigmented lips and this actually looks pretty darned fantastic. I usually don't like a nude tone on my lips...but this works!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by shill822

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a little late getting on the bandwagon for the Viva Glam II, but I am glad to be on board now. I love this nude/mauve/brown color. My favorite way to wear it is over my MAC lipliners and depending on the color of the liner, the color changes slightly. This is my HG neutral lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by DebbieN

Wow, I'm definitely surprised that this isn't as highly rated as it should be.

MY DETAILS: Pigmented lips, NC 30 Asian skin.
PROS: This is the perfect and my HG go-to nude lipstick, especially to tone down pigmented lips to give you a nice base to build on.
CAN BE PAIRED WITH; Love Nectar Lustreglass, Lancome's Hallucination, or Nars Orgasm.
DOES NOT GO WELL WITH: A subdued face. This is only good for a smokey or intense eye look.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MAIMAII

I love this - a lot of nudes are too light for me but this is perfect. I love it with Fulfilled plushglass over the top. I haven't noticed it being drying, but I am an avid lib balm wearer so my lips rarely get anywhere near dry.