December 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

BB Cream - Ponds - Luminous Finish BB+

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can't tell you whether or not this product does a good job, because even the lightest shade is too dark for my NC15 skin for me to have used it. Swatching it was all I could really do. I thought this review might be helpful to some other extremely pale skinned ladies so they could avoid this because of shade selection.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by cjhalfthai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was kinda disappointed purchasing this BB Cream. As usual, my hopes have gone to the bin again and I'm worried that my search for the perfect BB Cream would never be successful. Not to brag but I'm actually lucky enough to have skin that looks fine even just with powder. But I wanted to put on a light tint on my face especially when I go to work so I resort to BB creams since I don't really like the feeling of heavy and cakey foundations. It could've been okay. It actually has great coverage, TBH. But it DOESN'T MATCH my skin tone. I am half Filipina and Thai and I'm always having a hard time finding a foundation that matches my weird undertone. (I can be NC30-NC35) This product looks gray on me. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by andjanir

I actually love this product, i've used it about a week. It does cover my acne prone really well (coverage: medium-high), it last for 4 hours and after that my face looks quite natural with a bit of dewy look. I apply it on before my powder, but for daily use i dont put on any powder. But i think it doesnt suit my skin type, because when i use this product it gives me a cracked look and got small acnes around my mouth, and also a burnt-feel around my upper mouth.

In terms of the price it's really cheap, and easy to find(any drugstore and supermarket). Overall, it is a good product(compare to any other drugstore product). But because of my sensitive skin, i'd rather stop using it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by IAMSHERLOCKED

The consistency of this product is perfect, it's creamy and easy to blend, just how a tinted moisturizer/bb cream should be. I'm very pale and this looks great on my skin. My only gripe is that there's really no coverage and very little blurring effect (characteristic of a bb cream). Instead this is just a good product for people with nice skin who just want to look polished when they're out and about. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by meggers88

This is the only drug store bb cream I will repurchase. It fixes redness and is very close to a match for my skin. However, I only have a 4 because they need to expand their shade selection for those who have darker skin (this is one of those rare limited shade lines that actually works on pale or very pale people.) i like the dewy finish because it wakes up my skin, but for those with oily skin it may take some work. I noticed that on my oily skin days I shouldn't moisturize. I just use a toner to get some of my dry skin off and the bb cream is moisturizing enough on its own. Anyway bottom line is I really like this and I am so glad I don't have to keep breaking the bank on more expensive bb creams!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by rachladner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

American BB creams are more like tinted moisturizers and after trying to get into the BB hype, I was just disappointed. And I didn't want to buy online - I want to be able to run to the store and get whatever I need.

Then came this BB cream.

Unlike the other ones I used, this one actually FIXED my redness and made my face look clear and healthy! It didn't look like I was wearing make up at all, even when I looked at it in my 10X tweezer mirror. I just loved the way I looked after putting it on. The product is so creamy and blends right in, instant correction for redness. And my skin felt moisturized and soft!!

Cons? If you don't like a dewy finish (I have oily skin) you will need to set it with some powder. I've heard some reviews say that it broke them out but what?! This is the only BB cream I've tried that HASN'T.

Favorite BB cream!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

I got this with a coupon and CVS Bucks, so it was cheeep. I thought what the heck, for $5, how can I go wrong? I have used a few BB's, my fave being Missha (the one in the red tube) which I LOVE.
this BB is very close to being HG for me. I am super-pale (NC15), have pigmentation issues, fairly sensitive skin, and hate cheap/inefficient packaging.

This DOES give your skin luminosity, something sorely lacking in any American BB I've tried. It gives absolutely the most gorgey luminosity with NO shimmer. It does give some coverage, but I'd prefer more. It only has an SPF 15, so while I'd love to only use it, I MUST put on sunblock first. (L'Oreal Sublime Sun 50+ in winter, 100 in summer.)

I have actually left my home with only this on. I *never* leave home without beating my face! lol
I put on my mascara and a light liner and shadow, grab a lippie, and can shuttle my son to school.
Fairly a miracle for me. It gives a totally, totally natural look. I say this, and just FYI, I am crazy particular about when people say "you can't even tell it's on." It's usually BS. This I cannot even see in my 10x mag mirror. :D You can layer this also, though I usually use a concealer or foundation instead of doing that.

It comes in a nice tube, the packaging is looking new and I've had this for almost two months now. I take the tube and squeeze and drag lightly across my face on my cheeks and forehead and blend with my fingers. Easy peas.

The scent is fresh to me, and goes away. I believe others can still smell it, everyones chemistry deals with frag so differently!

I will absolutely be keeping this on hand. Oh yeah, I have used it every day for almost two months and it feels like I have barely dented the amount of product in the tube, so I love that!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by StephAByrd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good BB cream for a while and stumbled upon reviews about Ponds BB cream. After reading really good reviews, I decided to try it (the $5 off coupon at Target helped too!). My skin type is pretty normal and I do not get pimples other than the ones that appear during that time of the month. I applied this with no moisturizer beforehand. I was extremely pleased with the coverage and the finish. It did appear to even out my skin tone well and reduce redness. Like other reviewers have stated, there is a scent, but I didn't find it to be overwhelming. After a day's wear, I was extremely pleased with the product. The next morning I noticed a few tiny pimples forming so I did not use the BB cream for a few days. I decided to try the BB cream again. Unfortunately the next day after trying the product for only the second time, pimples appeared. Sadly, this product just isn't for me so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you can use this product without it breaking you out, it's great! I used this for a few days and my skin looked absolutely beautiful, natural and dewy without being oily (and I have very oily skin). The coverage is somewhat light, but if you just have mild redness and a few blemishes it is enough. The price is good too.

Unfortunately, this product gave me the worst reaction I've ever had to anything I've put on my face. I don't normally have very sensitive skin, so I was surprised. But this gave me a rash with tiny bumps everywhere. I think it might be due to the fragrance added to this product. It is REALLY strong, way too strong for something you put on your face. If Ponds were to make a fragrance-free version I might try it again. I passed it on to my mom, and it seems to be working for her without breaking her out, which is nice. If you have at all sensitive skin I would warn you not to try this, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because there there was a $5 off coupon attached to it and the rating is fairly high for an American BB cream. I have oily skin, but I apply finishing powder over any luminous-finishing products to control my oil. This glided on very smoothly but provided absolutely very little coverage. It felt like a greasy tinted moisturizer. I was debating on weather or not keeping it because it has SPF and I can use it under my makeup, but I could purchase better sunscreens that absorb easily into my skin for the price (even with the coupon). I tested this product for 2 days and ended up with 2 pimples. Great--Back to Target it goes.