April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer. I have very oily, very acne-prone skin and this moisturizer works like a dream. No, it doesn't clear up acne, but it sure doesn't cause it for me. It doesn't make me look oily and it leaves my skin soft and hydrated. My makeup goes over this well and helps blend everything out. By far my favorite moisturizer and I will definitely continue to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this moisturizer. I don't think it's my HG and I'm willing to try other things but this works. I have combination skin and get the occasional gigantic cystic pimple. This I don't think helps with acne prevention but it provides me with the right amount of moisture (though I do dilute it with water, ~3:2 ratio). It hasn't ever broken me out, which is saying quite a bit, I have a weird sensitivity to moisturizers. I love that it comes with a pump unlike the Olay moisturizer and that it's heavier and more substantial than the Neutrogena one for oily and combination skin. Also like that it doesn't have spf so I can use it at night without feeling odd about it (I add a different spf every morning).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by AyeJae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I found my HG I used this, just over my forehead where my little stubborn bumps would be. No where else because I have combo skin so I'm cautious with all products. But I would apply it and I would notice a little difference when waking up each morning. Wasn't significant but after a week of steady use my forehead cleared up 60%. So it definitely works, its just not an emergency 911 type of product, more like a maintenance product. I now use Ponds Cold Cream & Ponds Dry Skin Cream (read review). I recommend this to all. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin with monthly breakouts, and I was excited to try this product, as it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid. This acid has a good reputation for those with oily/acne prone skin. That being said, I was disappointed to find that this aggravated my skin (which is not sensitive) and caused my skin to react by over-producing oil to compensate for the acid's effect. My face was an absolute greasy mess because of this product. Although it works for many, I've learned that I need to be careful with products I use. Over-priced also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin context: I have combination skin and get hormonal breakouts. With my dark complexion, I also have a hard time with hyperpigmentation and scars.

Great product. This Aveeno moisturizer is light enough not to clog my pores or add shine to my t-zone and the salicylic acid is gentle enough not to cause flaking and dryness on the dry parts of my face. I find it mild, soothing and usually available at the drugstore for an 'okay' price. Leaves a smooth semi-matte but moist feel. The smell is light and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes - also it goes under makeup like a dream - no weird oxidizing or patchiness. I don't use it everyday; it's more of my go-to normal skin day moisturizer. I alternate with cocoa butter, Clinique and Ambi depending on what is up with my face, weather, hormones, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Asil106

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to review the Aveeno products I started using 5 weeks ago to do my due diligence. I have combination skin - dry in the cheeks, oily in the nose and chin, uneven texture. I never had a facial regime until my face started getting dry at 30. Thus began my search. I tried Vichy, Spectro, and La Roche Posey and all seemed to either cause a film or breakouts. Then I tried this Aveeno moisturizer. I was worrried when it said 'salicylic acid' but it has completely balanced my skin. In only a couple of weeks using morning and night I actually have more even skin tone, texture and a glow. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this especially for people trying to find that balance again after trying multiple, expensive products! Note, I use the toner at night to allow moisture in. Good Luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First, calling this a "moisturizer" is misleading. It is an acne treatment containing salicylic acid. In reality, the more you use, the dryer your skin will become.

I cannot use this everyday or else my face will react to it and become redder. If I use it before bed once in a while, however, it will clear up those clogged-looking pores for me during the night. I keep it on hand for that, and to put on my body to help clear up any backne or buttne.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by maybellinegirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never buy this again. I've NEVER had issues with reacting to lotions, ESPECIALLY not Aveeno products. Aveeno has been the best lotion I've ever used, and I have normal to dry skin, usually dry during winter so I bought this thinking this will be great. After two days of using it I had this AWFUL red rash starting to show under my eyes and around my nose, but I kept using it, not thinking once it could be the lotion. By the 4th day my face was terrible. It was covered in a red itchy, yet very painful rash. It took 3 weeks to totally heal, have no idea why this happened. I use all other Aveeno products without a hitch, but I cannot use this. I don't have sensitive skin, and there was nothing in the ingredients that I'm allergic to. A warning is to try this in a very small spot of skin for a few days before using it religiously.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good product but I will not be repurchasing it due to Aveeno doing animal testing which I do not support. Other than that, the product was pretty good, I could feel the moisturizer sink into my skin and it didn't make me break-out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:51:00 AM More reviews by mabsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are almost no words to describe how much I love this moisturizer. Trust me, I've tried a LOT of moisturizers over the years: drugstore, high end, niche cult products, and even random 'alternative, herbal, organic' types that come from no real actual brand (from my hippie aunts who have the best of intentions). Nothing else I've tried quite sinks in as easily and quickly as this AND doesn't break me out AND actually provides adequate moisture.

I have incredibly acne prone skin and thanks to some heavy-duty acne medications, my skin is also dehydrated but not dry per se. I was at my wit's end with moisturizers until a dermatologist recommended Aveeno (in retrospect, I honestly have no idea what took me so long to try it out!) Aveeno serves my needs spectacularly. It's a light moisturizer that sinks in IMMEDIATELY upon application and it doesn't clog or break me out. My skin also loves salicylic acid for preventing blackheads and while I can't say with absolute certainty that this completely clears up the stubborn blackheads on my nose (or that it isn't due to the Stridex pads I've also been using), I can say that since using this they sure haven't gotten worse with usage at least - good enough for me. Flakies have also gotten progressively better and my skin has actually become velvety and smooth (what? me?! my skin? soft and velvety? really???) since I've started using this regularly.

I only need about half a pump to a pump depending on how dry my skin is so I find there to be a good amount of product for at least a couple of months for a fair enough price. It isn't the cheapest thing you'll find in the drugstore but for these results it's worth it (esp. compared to higher end products). The bottle has a twist lock and there's a pump so if you're a germaphobe, there's no need to stress. I find there is a very faint almost grassy scent to the lotion but it's nothing overwhelming - though not really pleasant either.

I honestly can't find it in me to say anything bad to say about this product except that no, despite the "clear complexion" name it won't ACTUALLY clear you up (probably). Also, if you're looking for a very emollient moisturizer or if you're looking to settle your SPF and antioxidant needs in one go as well you might want to try something else (although iirc Aveeno does have another moisturizer with SPF?)