Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

2.9

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I HATED this! I have oily skin and even just applying this, it felt awful. It slips and slides and feels like you're slathering slippery silicone all over your face. It did nothing to smooth my makeup or make it last longer. It never absorbed into my skin and just sat on it. When I tried to blend out my foundation, this would mix in with it and it would just be a hot mess. This may work for more dry skin but I just hated the feeling of it on my skin.

So like many others i bought this after reading/seeing all the hype and it does not work well at all. It makes your makeup slide right off?? It does seem to make your skin kinda look better when you first put it on but ive tried it with multiple foundations and after a couple mins my makeup just feels like a pool on my face. I also have pretty dry skin and this product is just not worth it at all.

I love the product, I have oily skin and was afraid to break out but unfortunately I didn't. I will definitely buy this product again because I love how my foundation looks. The only thing you have to wait for it to absorb very good before you start with your makeup

Eh. That's the best way I can describe this product... It is NOT a primer, as I've seen others describe it as. It does nothing to help your make up last, if anything it almost melts it/makes it slide off. It did smooth out my skin, so I guess that's a plus? But had absolutely zero affect on my pores. This also makes my skin break out a lot easier. I think maybelline was trying to make a dupe for Benefit's "the POREfessional" (which is amazing btw) however this product is an overall fail. Not worth it, even if it is only a few dollars.

Had high hope's but definitely not worth it. It doesn't do anything for me.

Yes, it only gets a 1 for me, as I need to at least get something out of a product for it to possible for me to rate it higher than a 2. This just... I have no idea what it does. It sat on my face. It was beneath liquid foundation, another time mineral foundation. It did absolutely nothing: neither did it get me oily nor did it keeps everything in place. It was just a random weird "lotion" that didn't ever blur out any pores.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like everyone else who went through a period where I was obsessed with Maybelline's Baby Lips (still love it, btw!), I got suckered into buying this. The packaging is cute, the marketing is cute, it just screams CUTE. But honestly? For me personally, the packaging is the ONLY good thing about this product. If you have dry skin, this product might be great for you, but for oily skin? No. Don't try it. It DOES do what it says it does, which is why I'm giving it a 2 instead of 1. It creates a smooth surface, blurs pores relatively well, and makes makeup application considerably smoother. However, if your face is oily, this product will very, very quickly create an oil slick on your face. My nose tends to get oilier than any other surface, and oh my gosh, when I tried this product for the first time and put it on my nose? Oil city. It was oily that was impossible to control for the rest of the day. So, learning from that bad experience, I never put this on my t-zone. I will use it for a primer on some of the places that don't get quite as oily, but I prefer to use my Rimmel Stay Matte primer than this any day of the week. Also, even though this product does do a decent job at hiding pores, it doesn't have very impressive staying power, but that could definitely be because of my skin type and the fact that I'm oily as opposed to dry. Honestly? I wouldn't call this a BAD product because like I said, it DOES do what it says, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh, I don't really see how this primer was any better than others on the market. It's basically dimethicone with clever marketing. It will fill in your wrinkles and pores to a certain degree, priming your skin for a smooth make up application. For those of you out there struggling with dry skin - this will help camouflage those patches.

Just don't expect miracles. Most foundations already have silicone in their ingredient list, so I don't usually bother with primer. The only time I see this primer being beneficial, is if you use a water-based foundation that lacks silicones. And for that reason alone, i will award Babyskin 2 lippies instead of 1.

As for helping my make up stay fresher, longer? Not a chance in hell. I have never understood this claim, despite so many reviews supporting it. Dimethicone itself is a pretty emollient ingredient, hence why it's used in so many moisturizers. A dewey finish leads to foundation transferring and eye shadows creasing. (Again, this primer is more suited for dry skin.)

The only drugstore primer I find makes a difference for my pizza face is the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. However since I use the Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse, I find adding a primer to be overkill (Rimmel SMLM is full of silicone..).

This primer is really smooth on skin , doesn't make it too shiny it mattifies your face a bit. For money your getting good value and it lasts a long time as a little goes a long way! I think its a must buy especially if you use foundation everyday.

Just your average primer. It does make skin appear smoother and kinda disguises big pores but it's not a miracle worker. The thing that really annoys me about this primer is that it doesn't disguise my dry patches which means they show after applying foundation. I was expecting this primer to make my skin look shinier than usual as so many reviewers point that out but I really didn't notice anything like that - and my skin is definitely on the shiny side. Cute packaging. Will not repurchase as I need something that smoothens over my dry patches.

Popular Primer/ Correctors