August 29, 2014 | 1012 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am sucker for makeup packaging and this has got to be the cutest primer bottle I've seen so far! It does what it promises. I didn't see any pores on my cheeks. The only con is this product claims to be non-comedogenic but I had acne on my forehead. Its fine on my cheeks but, I just wish I could apply this all over my face every time I use it. Not worth the $6 that I spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sippingatorade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, very very much. While the texture of it was a bit greasy, it was definitely very moisturizing to my very dry skin. It left my face with soft and smooth base, perfect for any foundation, concealer, or blush. My nose, the area with the largest pores, was smoothed. I applied this after my moisturizer. With this product on, my foundation and concealer lasted a good, 12-15 hours. And looked flawless throughout the day with it on. The consistency is a gel/silicone, smooth feeling. Its not at all tinted, so it works well for all skin colors, and it possesses no smell to it. Would definitely recommend to those with dryer skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Islandann

Gosh, it's hard for me to believe that this product got any bad reviews! This stuff is awesome! I washed my face, let it dry and applied a very thin layer of Baby Skin over my pores. The product was clear, velvety smooth, odorless, and applying it was just as smooth as could be. After applying my foundation I noticed immediately that my smaller pores seemed to disappear. I have one or two large pores which seemed smaller but of course those did not disappear completely, and I really didn't expect that they would anyway. I also tried applying the product 'over' my foundation, and it seemed to work just as well. If you buy this, please note that you don't need very much, a little goes a long way. Be careful when you squeeze the tube, as a lot of the product comes out rather quickly. I love this so much, I'm sorry I didn't buy two tubes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by jennita

It was just okay. I didn't try this alone so not sure but I think this broke me out and didn't keep makeup on longer. Still prefer Revlon PhotoReady Primer. I did a side by side where I put this under foundation and one side had no primer. The side with this stuff was greasy, faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a bad product. it made my makeup roll off my skin, did nothing to make pores look smaller and overall was pointless. it went back to the store after one use. a couple of days later my skin broke out in large red bumps. this is the only reaction I have ever had to a product, except for Bare Minerals.terrrible stuff!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by littlearctictern

To keep it short it sweet, this product was awful.

I've been on a short budget recently, and decided to give Baby Skin by Maybelline a try, having read some pretty good reviews on-line. Don't be fooled - this stuff is crap.

1. DISGUSTING CONSISTENCY

As mentioned by many reviews, this product is a thick, clear, almost molasses-y gel. It feels thick on the skin and spreads poorly, no matter if you use a small, reasonable, or excessive amount. If you have an oily skin type, definitely avoid this product. It gives you the bad kind of "mattified" feeling.

2. CLOGS THE PORES

Assuming that this product works by creating a reaction on the skin that closes or diminishes the look of pores, I would say it absolutely attributed to how my skin has felt since using it - greasy, clogged, and with visibly heightened pores that are like little bumps on my cheeks. The thick gel absorbs in to your skin and settles, then closes your pores over top of itself. SERIOUSLY?

3. FEELS LIKE IT NEVER LEAVES YOUR FACE

I have quite the face washing routine that has kept me radiant for years, and this stuff is resilient to it. My skin is not your home, you're being evicted!

4. TERRIBLE PRIMING

Do NOT use this oily product as a primer for your BB/CC cream or foundation. Simple as that. It feels heavy, unpleasant, and most make-up types will settle strangely atop of it. Not to remind you of the bumpy texture it creates on your face when clogging your pores. Either you will end up with a dotty face, or looking like a piece of rough Velcro.

ESSENTIALLY... this product is an unnecessary part of your beauty routine and there are much more beneficial products out there. Disappointed in Maybelline. Don't let the pretty packaging fool you, ladies!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I don't understand the positive reviews. This does absolutely nothing for my skin, positive or negative. I have large pores, thus a pretty good candidate for a "pore eraser". This primer made no difference at all in their appearance.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Alexis3901

I heard so many good reviews about this so I decided to give it a try. I do have pretty oily, acne prone skin so when I saw the consistency of this, I was alittle worried because it looks and feels like a thin Vaseline. I decided to give it a try anyway. My skin was pretty clear with only a few pimples, but now after using this, my skin is SUPER oily and I have splotches of acne all over my face. It wasn't that I used too much... This just broke me out like crazy :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

used it this morning. Cant really tell that it minimized my pores which is why I wanted it. At first I tried some on the back of my hand and if you dont rub it in too much it does seem to blur the tiny lines so I thought it would work. I only used a little and patted it into the places I wanted it. Cant really tell a difference. I will come back and review it being a primer later (only because I have a tube of it now and need to use it for something) because as of right now I am using Monistat and love it. I found this on a clearance rack because it was only the tube and no package so I am glad I didnt pay full price for it to just try it. Probably won't repurchase because even if its a good primer I like the monistat.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Annona

Saw this product from clicknetwork, apparently there is a really good review about this product. The review from clicknetwork's tried and tested was velvety and it does make your pore smaller. Hence, I was very excited when I bought it. However, I was very disappointed as I used it. These are the following reason:-

1) The product is not available everywhere in the world. It is available in Singapore and Hong Kong but not available in Korea, Malaysia and Australia! (most likely not available in the states and Europe)

2) The product is colourless, its like a clear gel. Hence, the main task of it was supposing to erase your pore, be it colourless and clear, it doesn't do much besides adding another layer of colourless gel on your skin.Which is pretty much stupid. Why would you want to put an extra product that does so little to you skin ON your skin.

3) I have used many pore minimiser, all of them are velvety in terms of texture. Hence, for the product to be velvety is a MUST! However, this product isn't velvety at all. It is rather oily upon applying it, but it does absorb to your skin after a while (like 10-15mins later?). But this product is meant to be used as a primer before your bb cream or foundation. So for it to be oily upon applying it, isn't good at all. Was very disappointed.

4) The price wise was reasonable if the product actually works. BUT considering it doesn't do much, nope i wouldn't even pay 5 dollars for it. I can't even return it now, as I bought this in Hong Kong's SASA and I am from another country. This sucks.

But the good part of this product is:-

1) like the name of the product, it says baby skin. The packaging was adorable. I like how the text font is so comic like.

2) The size of the bottle is not too big or too small. I like how its handy and all.

3) The colour, pink and greenish blue goes well together. Really reminds of baby skins.

Overall, no doubt the packaging is good but don't judge the book by its cover. The content is more important than the packaging.