July 24, 2014 | 1798 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by moonlightrebel83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

After three tries, I finally threw this product out. I've been using Benefit PoreFessional and was looking for a cheaper alternative. This is certainly not it. It felt heavy on my skin and actually accentuated my pores. My foundation (Kat Von D Lock It) settled into the pores and my face was polka dotted! I actually had to take my makeup off and re-do it each time. It's like there was too much dimethicone, silicone, or one of the -cones in there. Foundation smeared everywhere. It was just a mess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

To start off I'm fairly acne prone but this didn't break me out.

Second of all I have tried patting this in, rubbing this in, and rubbing this in then patting with a tissue to absorb any left over oil. I still end up an oil slick with this. I have orange-rind type pores on my cheeks. This does not fill them in.

I have no idea how anyone else gets this to work for them. It's more similar to the Smashbox primer than Porefessional. I'd use this for priming if it didn't leave me an oil slick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jessivee

When initially trying this product, I wasn't very impressed. Now however, I found a way to make it greatly diminish the look of my pores! I warm it up on sanitized fingers then lightly pat over skin and somewhat "press" into my skin that needs pore reduction with a rolling technique using the tips of my fingers. This in conjunction with doing the same technique with my foundation (the press/roll with my fingers on areas where my pores are larger, aka cheeks near my nose) then finishing with a light dust of translucent powder, pressed or loose, makes my pores practically invisible! A very thin layer is needed! While I use a brush for foundation, I still use the press/roll technique as mentioned above with my fingers where I want my pores minimized.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ashmccord88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this for roughly a month now. I don't have super large pores, I generally apply this on my nose, chin, and upper cheeks. I mostly use this like a primer and it works great for me. I'm fair skinned and have just a few problem areas so this helps smooth my foundation really well. My only complaint is I wish it was bigger for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by dncarolyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I finally tracked this down in Canada and was excited to try it. I have massive pores on my nose and I have always used Benefit's Porefessional to hide them. I was hoping that this would be a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, not the case. It's clear so it doesn't really hide anything. It blurred pores slightly, but not nearly as well as Porefessional (which has colour). Wasn't impressed.

After a few months I decided to try it again since I am now using a BB cream that does a decent job at covering my pores. I figured Baby Skin would make everything smoother. I didn't notice a difference, except that it broke me out terribly.

Would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jlxinle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product of Maybelline! The primer doesn't really fill in the pores on my face but significantly blurs them out. A thin layer is sufficient to keep your make up in place for the whole day. However, too much will mess up your face and make you look really horrible. Love how smooth my skin felt after applying, will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by katenorman17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this for my birthday yesterday and tried it that day before going shopping in oxford street. I applied a tiny tiny amount to the back of my hand and transferred it to my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. I then buffed it into my skin with a RealTechniques buffing brush. I noticed immediately that my skin looked and felt smoother and my pores ( I don't have large pores, but I don't have small ones) were significantly decreased. I waited for that to 'dry' or whatever while I blow dried my hair and then when I came to put my foundation on it was very smooth and easy and perfect. Here is the magical part: I was shopping in oxford street - always a sweaty, stressful, hassle and when I finished an looked in the mirror at the restaurant.... No shine, no grease, and my makeup was flawless apart from a small spot on my forehead. This made my foundation stay on all day and made my skin oil-free. My skin usually gets oily around 2/3 ish in the afternoon but it was perfect all day. Very impressed! Just put on a but today for a no makeup day and it makes my natural skin seem smooth and pore less. Definitely repurchasing! 4/5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by themainerabies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After seeing so much hype about this product on Youtube, I finally bought it from my drugstore and first off, I wasn't too happy about the price- £7.99 seemed a little too much.
I do have larger pores that are visible and I wanted a primer from the drugstore that could possible become my new fave. Heres what I think about this one:
PRO:
It does blur out your pores
CONS
very oily
diminishes some pores but magnifies others
difficult to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I kept seeing this in the grocery store over and over, and finally I decided to give it a shot, as I've been more interested in primers recently. I didn't buy it for the "pore erasing" purpose, as my pores are pretty much invisible under any foundation.
This is quite a heavy, silicone-feeling primer. A little definitely goes a long way. I smooth it over my entire face, as I have quite dry skin and this really does give my foundation a push and allows it to just glide over with no problems. Before I apply my foundation I let this sit, like a moisturizer, on my face for a few minutes, just to let it dry a bit and get the most out of it.
For around 6 bucks, it's worth a shot, in my book. I think the only con I've discovered so far is its heaviness, but once you put your foundation on, that feeling dissipates.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

As soon as I saw the Baby Face Pore Eraser in the store, I NEEDED it and I was not let down. I don't have any visible pores so I didn't buy it for that purpose. I thought it would be great as a primer and it certainly is! The product goes on smoothly and just a little goes a long way. Although I wouldn't recommend it on it's own because it looked oily, I definitely recommend to wear as a primer under foundation! My foundation went on so smoothly and looked smooth! As well, I noticed a really nice glow to my skin! I would definitely recommend it to someone as a primer!!