Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

2.9

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 2/15/2015 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Okay, so I am old. And because of that I am trying to actually use less makeup because the cakey look is tres nasty when it settles into wrinkles.

Also, I am CHEAP so I won't pay for a name but for results.

I have never used a foundation primer. Heck, I only began using foundation as a necessity in the past 6 years. Before then, It was a special occasion kind of thing. I am what you might call a "casual girl" (cough cough on the "girl").

This product felt quite lovely on my skin. Although it's claim is that it reduces the appearance of pores, I also smoothed it into my shar pei forehead lines, "elevens" and my puppet lines. Also a tad on my eyelids. This was after I has applied my daily moisturizer and let it sit on my skin for 10 minutes.

I heeded the advice of previous reviewers and only used a tiny amount, gently sweeping outward from the center of my face.

After allowing another 10 minutes for the this primer to cure, I applied my Maybelline Visible Lift Blur foundation. I first dabbed dots of the foundation onto my brow, nose, cheeks and chin then swept it outward with a foundation brush.
Though I found this foundation to be very smooth and easy to apply prior to using the primer, I will say the primer gave the application extra "glide".

Better yet, it gave the foundation longevity. I have redness around my nose and cheeks and usually by midday, my foundation has worn off from eating, drinking, blowing my nose, etc., and looks even redder in contrast to my velvety complexion elsewhere on my face. Baby Face definitely made the foundation "stick" throughout my day.

I will say that my pores were as visible as ever, and I could still see foundation settling into them, just as before using a primer. Also, it made my skin feel a bit greasy, although when I used a tissue to blot, very little came off, and in the mirror my face did not appear shiny. Also, my "eleven" creases were somewhat blurred, but I did not notice much improvement on my forehead lines. To be fair, this product does not claim to smooth lines, just pores.

One caveat; my cheeks have broken out. Now I cannot say the primer is at fault. I never had breakouts as a young woman, but in my 40's am experiencing them rather often. As I have only been using Baby Face primer for a month, the breakout on my cheeks may be from the this product or it may be from the facial I had, or from peri menopausal shenanigans.

I will update after another month of use. But other than the bumpy cheek breakout, it is a rather good, not great, product.

ETA: I meant to post before and after photos on this review but somehow did it on the product pics area so, um, weird and gross and cannot figure how to remove them. Rather embarrassing. If anyone can help, I would be grateful.

on 2/15/2015 12:07:00 PM

I kind of like this product for some reasons. It made my face baby-like as they said. I thought it would work on oil control but once i applied it. I felt really oily yet i look so matte. It helped on reducing the fine lines and pores for me so i think it is a good pore eraser.

on 2/11/2015 10:39:00 PM

Does not work to minimize pores in any way, but does work as a primer for the whole face. A little spreads a long way and hydrates the face. I have combination skin that is oily in some places with flaky spots from acne, and this works on both areas if you rub it in enough. I don't use this to minimize pores, I use it for a primer and it works really well. There's not much in the package, so if I can find a similar primer that has a lower unit price, I'll try it.

on 2/2/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Eh, this product makes me feel greasy, and i don't need to feel greasy when I am already extremely oily. This is good for my dry patches though.

I was really excited when I bought this product, however, after trying it a few times, I am a bit disappointed with it. This product minimizes pores but doesn't erase them. I tried using it as a primer for the whole face and also as a corrector for some areas of my face. To me, the Baby Skin Pore Eraser is really silicon-ish and a bit oily...it wasn't great as a primer. As a corrector, I felt like this product protected my already-damaged skin really well while minimizing pores, however, the product moves a lot due to it's silicon-ish texture. I wouldn't purchase this again because I feel like there are better primers and pore correctors out there, but overall, I'd say this is a good corrector.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This made my skin really smooth and ready to apply my make up on top of, however it did nothing to get rid of my pores even after a couple of applications, would buy again only if it was on offer!

on 2/1/2015 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Literally nothing special here. Doesn't do anything for my skin except make it feel silicone smooth. Doesn't change my skin texture or make my foundation last longer. I will use my tube up, but won't rebuy. Mally's primer so far has been the best primer I have tried so far. This one is just "eh". Cute packaging though.

on 1/12/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Update: I tested this against 2 regular full face primers (rimmel fix and perfect/ rimmel stay matte) and rimmels full face primers were actually better with my pore problem areas. Less greasy and more effective! So I suppose this is not really a necessary purchase....it works ok, but you may as well pay less for a regular primer and get more product as well. Note that I have medium sized pores at worst on/around my nose....and only 1 actual large pore....so maybe those with large pores do need a pore-specific primer, and if that's the case I doubt this product will be the answer you're looking for (go high end! Or try the NYX pore filler (10$ or so)
I've also heard the maybelline age rewind primer covers pores well! Worth a shot to try drugstore products before going HE, in case you find an inexpensive drugstore gem, which I'm constantly on the hunt for (HE doesn't necessarily mean it's a great product, it's hit and miss with these as well!)

Original review:

I have dry combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else) and a large pore/blackhead problem on my nose and some on my chin. I bought this specifically for my nose/area which gets a little oily.

The price is fine, I paid 11$ CAD or so, but I think it's $15 now (way too high!). I would expect it to be no more than 9.99$

Packaging is fine. The hole where the product gets squeezed out is a little large for a product that you only need a small dab of, but I'm not crying over it.

Performance : this is mediocre stuff , true. It's a little too greasy for oily skin, and it blurs my pores maybe 25% without foundation and 50% with foundation. It's better than nothing that's for sure. Yes, HE products work better (benefit's porefessional, clinique pore perfector) but this product is just a fraction of the price of HE versions, so I'm not that disappointed with it. It will get used that's for sure.

Plus! If I top it off with rimmels stay matte powder, which also blurs pores, the results are great ! And it takes care of the silicon greasy feeling, but once this product dries on your skin the greasiness goes away anyways ( but if you're oily it will certainly get greasy again, so powder up! )

I am going to test my full-face primers (rimmel fix&perfect and rimmel stay matte primer) to see how they hold up to this product, can they fill in my pores just as well as this? If so, this may be a decent product but not necessary....I will update this review with my results!

Tip: dab this product on after spreading it over your problem areas to fill in pores ( the size of this bottle is a good indicator that this is not an all-over-your-face kind of primer) and the same goes for the rimmel matte powder if you use it as well, dab it with your powder brush or puff onto your pores, don't swipe! Much better results and longer lasting!

on 1/12/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have dry skin so I used this as a primer, I did not notice that it minimized pores but it did made my make-up slide around my face. Also my tube had tiny pieces of black pigment coming out? weird! Overall would not recommend, to expensive, to greasy and does not really work.

on 1/11/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The packaging is really cute so you get such high hopes this is going to work when it doesn't. It makes the skin smooth and baby like (TICK)...but it doesn't do anything for pores! Not many pros to it..for £8 I wouldn't bother paying for it again. Save your money and go for something more professional, like Benefit's "Porefessional".

Popular Primer/ Correctors