October 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by troo12

I bought this hoping to use it to highlight my cheeks and forehead but it stuck right to my dry patches. It gave my skin a very chalky texture, which is weird since I tend to have oily skin. I even tried using it with another foundation but it didn't make any difference.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Manyfacesofzozo

I was so happy to find this because this great shades for pale skin. It's smooth and easy to blend, would have been the best foundation if it didn't make me shiny les than one hour later and it felt oily on the skin. Shine free? WRONG! They should rename it to moisturising foundation because it would be great for dry skin rather than oily. The worst foundation I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by asdfghjklrachel

I have the fit me pressed powder in 230 but they didn't have this in 230 at the time so I got 220 instead. I was worry at first that this wouldn't fit my skin tone at first since I got pretty tan. But to my surprise it fits me perfectly. I have combo skin and this isn't mattifiying at all. I have to touch up with powder every now and then if it's too hot. The coverage of this is light to medium depending on how much you put on. I don't have too many problems with my face and one layer works well for me. It gives a really natural finish it's lightweight and doesn't make your face look cakey even with 2 or 3 layers. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Peeka86

Just to help you all out, I have combination skin which is acne prone. I do have a few minor spots/zits, mild hyper pigmentation, enlarged pores and minor scarring.

I have to say, I am relatively pleased with this. I have been looking for an airbrush finish for a long time and had built my hopes up that this could be what I was looking for.

Application: clean and really easy. The only downside is that for hygiene reasons, I'd use a brush/sponge to avoid spreading bacteria from one place to another then having it stay on the foundation for the next application, it's a little gross. I love the texture, it's creamy and super blend-able.
Coverage: great. One application is good to tone down blemishes, then you can either conceal or apply a second layer to problem areas. Once you do this, you can't see any blemishes. I'd describe it as light-medium/medium coverage. I'd liken it to the clarins skin illusion liquid foundation's coverage.
Finish: creamy but natural. I wouldn't describe this as mattifying at all.
Longevity: lasts the same as an average foundation but it did make me very shiny(more than an average foundation)
Additional: it did break me out with 5+ tiny spots/zits, this will not be an issue if you have normal skin I don't think. The price is really good, under £8. I. The US, it'd be around $13 ish

Weddings: I tested this with flash photography and I got no flashback) Flashback is the white cast you see on people's faces when a flash is used during photography, the ghost face. I would recommend this for weddings.

For those with acne prone skin, use a non silicone based primer first and the set with a setting spray.

If you can get the right mix to prevent getting shiny, this could be great for you. I personally have rated it higher than the dior airflash

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by alinalxndon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in three colors to use for more precise contouring. The lightest color is still not light enough for a highlight and too heavy to use as a concealer. The medium color matches me well but has slightly too much pink undertones - even though I bought it in warm. It glides on easily but is thick, exactly how you would think a stick would feel. Therefore, it is not buildable because one layer is quickly cakey. It also feels oily on my face and if will definently rub off on your clothes. The darkest color I bought is great for contouring because it is so thick the color shows. I would not recommend this as a foundation.

PROs: color selection, packaging, pigmented, contouring

CONs: cakey, not buildable, rubs off

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by vero23ru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok I loved loved this product unfortunately since my skin is dry it didn't compliment my skin very well my dry patches were more noticeable. but it felt smith and velvety I felt like I had nothing on my face I loved but oh well not for me I guess

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Nugen07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very impressed with this foundation. I cannot use foundations with any sort of gray cast because of my very yellow undertone, and this delivers very natural color/coverage. Reading over other reviews, I've notcied most of the negative remarks was that their skin looked oily after a few hours, but considering the form of foundation this is (stick foundations generally offer lightweight coverage) it does a great job of controlling oil. I've found that using a cleanser for oily skin, and non greasy moisturizer defintely helps the overall wear. It glides on smoothly and blends very easily. The best thing is that it costs about $5. Mine only lasted about 3 months (I use it everyday now), but I will definitely repurchase.

Note: Not for dry skin types. I can see this accentuating dry patches of skin. The liquid version of this is okay, definitely moisturizing, but it transfers like crazy for me. Perhaps that may not be the case for drier skin!

Overall: It is worth $5 of your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by dladymuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 42 with light skin (type 2, I go for shades like Classic Ivory) and oily complexion with warm undertones and blue eyes. I bought the 120 shade in "Classic Ivory". Shade match of my skin is absolutely perfect!! Honestly don't think I've ever found a foundation that matched my skin so perfectly. The only problem I have with this is it is not shine free at all. After 20 minutes I found I had to blot my face. I tried Maybelline's instant pore eraser first and that made it worse. I used my Vichy face cream and that didn't help either. I tried using a pore tightening toner before I used this foundation and that didn't help. It's just too greasy for my skin sadly. I've decided I'm just going to stick to my mineral powder foundation. It's the only thing that gives me a flawless oil free face. Right now I'm using L'Oreal's True Match mineral foundation, which is my HG atm, but unfortunately they have discontinued their mineral line, so I'm going to try Physician's formula mineral line next, but that's another story! I think I'm done with cream and stick foundations for good. Just too much $ going down the drain on wasted products. Price for this foundation wasn't bad, under $10 I think at my drugstore, and I live in Canada. I do love the small tube and portability and no mess formula of this foundation though. *Sigh* can't have a perfect world. I will not be buying this foundation again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Shaunalouise

I tried this for the first time a few days ago after reading both good and bad reviews and I have to say I was pleasantly suprised. Most mornings I get out of bed 10 minutes before I'm supposed to leave for work and never have time to do my usual liquid foundation routine so this little stick is very handy! It glides on very smoothly and is easy to blend in with either fingers or a makeup brush, I use shade 220 which matches perfectly - better than any other liquid foundation I have. Some foundations can go shiny after a few hours but this doesnt seem to with this, the coverage is medium which is fine for work/everyday use. I would still use my liquid foundation for going out on the weekend and special occasions for more coverage. The packaging is cute and handy to take in your purse but im not sure how long the stick itself would last with everyday use.
Overall this is great for if you need to do your makeup in a hurry and want medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by LittleArtist

I bought this from my local drugstore for only $3.50. I don't know if this was a mistake on the sales assistants behalf but it was a bargain. I'm quite impressed with this product. I use 110 and find its a perfect colour match for me. It blends easily and I'm left with an even skin without a cake faced look. Very impressed.