Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 4/29/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Great stuff! Used this one since my 20's. I have black-brown hair and so I use the black shade, because they don't have darkest brown (or off black).

CON: If you have really dark, dark hair (like mine) you should just use black. There's none in between (they only go black or dark brown). No darkest brown. But it's still great.

on 2/19/2011 1:49:00 PM

I use this in Blonde to define my brows. I consider it HG. It's a perfect color match for me and I imagine it would work for most blondes. It doesn't have any red or grey tinge to it like some other blonde pencils I've tried. I find the consistency too hard for use as an eyeliner, but for a brow pencil it's great. Not too hard, not too soft. It wears all day on me. These pencil are cheap, widely available, and they've been around since at least the 1920s, so they're not likely to be discontinued anytime soon. I've tried Maybelline's Define-a-Brow also, but I prefer the Expert Eyes because the color is a better match for me and I can sharpen them to a fine point that I can't get with an automatic pencil like Define-
a-Brow.

on 12/25/2010 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the only Maybelline product I own. Most of their stuff irritate my skin or eyes. However, I've used this brow pencil since I was 16 and still use it whenever I put on makeup. I have sparse brows that need just a little help so it looks natural. The wonderful thing about this brow pencil is that it is a hard waxy pencil which can be layered on for whatever intensity you want. With a light hand, it's easy to achieve the look I want without getting the 80's Madonna brow. As an eyeliner, it's useless, but as a brow pencil, it's completely indispensable. The black color match is perfect for Asian with black/very dark brown hair.

on 11/9/2010 12:21:00 AM

I really didn't think I needed an eyebrow pencil until I got these. I have them in some kind of brown shade, medium, maybe? I read about them on a blog & for some reason decided to buy them. Now, I don't think that I can live without them. The texture is pretty hard, I wouldn't want to use them as eyeliner. They're perfect for filling in my brows & they don't look drawn on. Cheap too.

on 10/31/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, call me crazy, but this is an amazing product for nearly no money and is as good or better than any high-end pencil I've ever tried. I got it in blonde for my ill-definied mousy brows, and I feel like an idiot for not trying it sooner, because I now have the glamorous natural-looking brows that I have always wanted. The "Blonde" is a very neutral ashy color-- not red at all. It stays beautifully and is on the hard side. I'd been using Chanel "Soft Brown" for al long time and was never really satisfied with the staying power and the color was a little too unnatural looking on me. There's a reason this product has been around for decades, is all I can say, and better late than never for me finally trying it!

on 10/22/2010 10:52:00 PM

I have tried so many products for my eyebrows and none of them have looked as good as this pencil. I purchased my twin pack in Dark Brown which was a strange choice really as I am a blue eyed blond with porcelain skin, but OMG, the pencil is so good!!!!!!! It draws so easily that I only have to use a very light touch to get the amount of colour needed and then I blend it with my eyebrow brush and it looks really natural. This is another one of those makeup items that has been around for a long time because it is really good. I just wish I had found it sooner!

on 9/27/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I found this when I was trying to find a cheap brown eyeliner. So I can only comment on the eyeliner use. The colour pigmentation is not that great when I try to apply on the eye. It's good for the lower lid for me because I just need a bit of a smudged light look. It did stay well.

However, when I try it on the upper lid with already eyeshadow on top, it hardly gives any colour as if it can't go on top of the eyeshadow, only to be used alone. I even tried swatching on my hand it the colour appeared but it just won't do when I put eyeshadow on! ><

It's not the most practical eyeliner but I guess good for the brows judging by the reviews.

on 7/21/2010 4:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised these don't have a higher rating. I think they're great. I have been using them for years because the colour is right, the texture is great, and they're inexpensive. I use them lightly for brows and reasonably heavily on the eyes. I like having one product that can multitask and this is it. I don't forsee them discontinuing it considering it's a bit of a staple product.

on 7/12/2010 9:10:00 PM

Charcoal Grey: this color is discontinued. i was buying them on Ebay till they ran out of stock now it's only availble on Amazon for $20. I decided to go out and search for a new HG. I can't beleive I found it, in fact I like it better: Anastasia Brow pencil in Medium Ash. This is not Brow Wiz automatic pencil which I hated because it was too dark and greasy.

For the record I have NO eyebrows, just 1/2" towards the front and nothing on the arch or tail. I'm not kidding, I didn't pluck them, it's heireditary from my mother. (she has hers tattooed) The texture of this pencil 'looks' like hairs on the skin. Also, everyone has tiny facial hairs, this pencil colors them brown. I can't express how happy I am to have normal eyebrows. You wouldn't beleive the impact eyebrows have on your face. All I need is my eyebrows a little lip gloss and I look great.

Anastasia pencil is WATERPROOF and SWEATPROOF: I went jogging here in Miami at noon, 105 degrees, 85% humidity and though I was dripping in sweat, my eyebrows completely covered in beads of sweat, it stayed on! As long as I didn't wipe or touch them. After I cooled down and the beads of sweat dried out (don't touch them) the color was exact, it didn't even fade, it did not oxidize into another color. I then jumped into my lake and swam around, go under alot, I came out and the color was still on! Again, I didn't touch it, I dried my face avoiding my eyebrows and when they dried the color was the same. I then took a shower and washed my hair, I tried not to get my face wet but hard to do in the shower and they color stayed on. In fact I carefully dried my face and I DIDN'T HAVE TO RE-APPLY!! sweating, swimming and showering the color stayed.

This pencil has a better texture then maybellines because when i layer, it does not build up and look waxy. The color is also better, just a tad bit darker which I prefer because maybelline's charcoal grey was a bit too light and as stated above it was hard to add layers without making a mess. I am sooooo thrilled to find this. It is MORE natural looking. I wish I would have found sooner. Go try it!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have found my eyebrow pencil. As soon as these finish I just buy another pack, as I'm not interested in trying anything else. The texture is perfect for an eyebrow pencil as its not too greasy and won't smudge as easily as an eyeliner pencil (which I was previously using) would. I love that it comes with two, perfect to take one to travel with, and such a great deal. Its very natural looking, unlike some eyeliner pencils which can look very harsh and tattoo-eyebrows like. I will continue to repurchase and hope they don't discontinue.

Popular Brows Products