August 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK - I was skeptical because some of the raved-about products on MU haven't turned out to be my favorites -- but I do love the reviews! I've never found a cuticle treatment I liked, so I tried this one since it was so cheap.

I got to the car and couldn't wait to try it out. This is drippy and watery, and I immediately thought this was going to be a let-down.

I poured some in the cup of my hand and dipped my fingers in. No wow yet, but by the time we got to the restaurant and I washed it off, my cuticles were gone. I'm still amazed. Yes, this is a good one and I'm genuinely wowed. The large bottle for $6 from Sally's is also a win. Thanks MU reviewers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(For once I am stunned NEARLY speechless)

Oh....my....goodness....gracious!!!!!

This worked awesome on my hands AND my feet!! Best $6 ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am another victim of ragged cuticles. Based on the reviews on MUA, I went to Sally Beauty yesterday and purchased this. I cannot say that I am at all disappointed, this is the best cuticle remover that is out there. I dipped a Q-tip in the bottle and just applied it to each nail. Within a minute my cuticles were ten times better. There is no need to leave it on too long, I washed my hands pretty quick after the application. This is a HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What can i say? This is effective,cheap and gentle.

Buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This product is half the price of my Nfu-Oh cuticle remover and you get about 1000x more product. I purchased the 16 ounce bottle today at Sallys for $5.99 and couldn't wait to see all the dead skin cells come off my nails :) I poured a little bit into my glass shotglass, dipped in an old eye makeup brush I no longer use for makeup, then wiped on my nails. It works incredibly fast, so next time I'm going to do a single nail at a time, rather than a hand at a time. After pushing my cuticle back with a stick and removing the white dead skin parts, I rubbed everything off with an old washcloth, then rinsed my hands. I should have purchased this before I bought the Nfu-oh remover. It works much better and faster, and it's way cheaper! When I run out of my Nfu-oh remover, I think I'll pour some of the Blue Cross remover into that bottle, since it's so cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(original8/31)where have you been all my life?chicas this is the best of the best.i was gonna buy sally hansen blue cuticle remover but i didnt want to spend 6 bucks on a so-so product.so since i frequently return items that i find have no use to be in my stash.i gave this a try.and thank goodness i did.since being right handed its hard for me when i use my left hand to try to take my cuticles off my right hand and i had to cuccio apple cuticle remover and i didnt help that much.so when i use this i really did try how quickly the "fast"claim was.i put it on my right fingers and quicky grabbed my birch wood stick and went at it.now with my previous remover i had to keep going over each nails 6-7 times and i dont have the patience for it.but with this 2 times is all i need!

the only this i hate hate hate hate about this product is that it comes in a bottle with like a sprout and its hard to put it on one nail without getting it everywhere.so for me i just put it in my dappen dish and dip my fingers into it rub it on my other hand.bam!!!

perfectly good nails.=)

update:(11/19)i would keep using this but like many others while it may work after using it for 2 months the liquid does get annoying after a while i would much rather use a cream...but until i can find a good cream i would JUST have to keep using this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by xbanannax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First to clear up one reviewers statements...
Caustic potash is NOT an acid. It is actually potassium hydroxide, which is a base. Yes it is caustic, but only at high concentrations. The company would not leave it to you to burn your fingers off, at least on purpose. They formulated it to safely and quickly remove cuticles. Used properly, there should be no problems unless you have an inherent allergy to KOH or the other ingredients. If you are concerned with this chemical just used warm oil and a cuticle pusher.

For those of you who don't have the patience this product is fantastic! It gently, quickly and safely removes the dead tissue. I love that the formula contains conditioners that leave your cuticle soft.

The procedure:
1. This product is a liquid so take a q-tip and dip it in.
2. Pool a bit of the product at the cuticle and let it sit for a half a min or so.
3. Then just start pushing back and scraping with a cuticle pusher or another clean q-tip.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly so no more product remains.
5. While you dry your hands with a towel continue to rub the cuticles with the towel and even more dead tissue will come off.
6. I do wipe my nails with acetone right before I polish to remove any oils for best polish adhesion.

I love this product! It's a great mini manicure!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Best cuticle remover ever! I don't even want to know what's in this stuff because as fast as this stuff blasts off dead skin I'm sure it can't be good for me but this stuff blows every other cuticle remover out of the water. Super Fast. Super cheap. 1 bottle lasted over 2 years with weekly use.

I never thought to try it on calluses! What a great idea. I'm going to try that out on the hooves tonight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tqoe354

Ladies, my manicurist has used this product for her mani/pedi's for years and I swear by it! I warm a little in the microwave, about 1/4 cup, put it in a large pan and stick my feet in it. I make sure it gets up on my toenails then take a coarse file and ALL the dead skin and callus comes off immediately. Take a moist towel and wipe it off your feet. Then shower or bathe and your feet will be smooth and feel awesome! Excellent product and a great value!!!!!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I was a long time user of Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover and recently switched to Blue Cross. It's the best thing I've ever used to clean up my cuticles short of going for a professional manicure. It's fast and effective. I have to apply it using a brush otherwise I waste too much product trying to pour it directly on my nails. Once it's on, I wait a second or two and gently start scraping off dead, overgrown skin easily and quickly. Like everyone else, I got it at Sally's for a great price and since it's a big bottle it will last a very long time. Will repurchase.