April 16, 2014 | 1183 users online

Treatments - Blue Cross - Cuticle Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jenna88chu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow. This product is half the price of my Nfu-Oh cuticle remover and you get about 1000x more product. I purchased the 16 ounce bottle today at Sallys for $5.99 and couldn't wait to see all the dead skin cells come off my nails :) I poured a little bit into my glass shotglass, dipped in an old eye makeup brush I no longer use for makeup, then wiped on my nails. It works incredibly fast, so next time I'm going to do a single nail at a time, rather than a hand at a time. After pushing my cuticle back with a stick and removing the white dead skin parts, I rubbed everything off with an old washcloth, then rinsed my hands. I should have purchased this before I bought the Nfu-oh remover. It works much better and faster, and it's way cheaper! When I run out of my Nfu-oh remover, I think I'll pour some of the Blue Cross remover into that bottle, since it's so cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(original8/31)where have you been all my life?chicas this is the best of the best.i was gonna buy sally hansen blue cuticle remover but i didnt want to spend 6 bucks on a so-so product.so since i frequently return items that i find have no use to be in my stash.i gave this a try.and thank goodness i did.since being right handed its hard for me when i use my left hand to try to take my cuticles off my right hand and i had to cuccio apple cuticle remover and i didnt help that much.so when i use this i really did try how quickly the "fast"claim was.i put it on my right fingers and quicky grabbed my birch wood stick and went at it.now with my previous remover i had to keep going over each nails 6-7 times and i dont have the patience for it.but with this 2 times is all i need!

the only this i hate hate hate hate about this product is that it comes in a bottle with like a sprout and its hard to put it on one nail without getting it everywhere.so for me i just put it in my dappen dish and dip my fingers into it rub it on my other hand.bam!!!

perfectly good nails.=)

update:(11/19)i would keep using this but like many others while it may work after using it for 2 months the liquid does get annoying after a while i would much rather use a cream...but until i can find a good cream i would JUST have to keep using this

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by xbanannax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First to clear up one reviewers statements...
Caustic potash is NOT an acid. It is actually potassium hydroxide, which is a base. Yes it is caustic, but only at high concentrations. The company would not leave it to you to burn your fingers off, at least on purpose. They formulated it to safely and quickly remove cuticles. Used properly, there should be no problems unless you have an inherent allergy to KOH or the other ingredients. If you are concerned with this chemical just used warm oil and a cuticle pusher.

For those of you who don't have the patience this product is fantastic! It gently, quickly and safely removes the dead tissue. I love that the formula contains conditioners that leave your cuticle soft.

The procedure:
1. This product is a liquid so take a q-tip and dip it in.
2. Pool a bit of the product at the cuticle and let it sit for a half a min or so.
3. Then just start pushing back and scraping with a cuticle pusher or another clean q-tip.
4. Wash your hands thoroughly so no more product remains.
5. While you dry your hands with a towel continue to rub the cuticles with the towel and even more dead tissue will come off.
6. I do wipe my nails with acetone right before I polish to remove any oils for best polish adhesion.

I love this product! It's a great mini manicure!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyDbaby

Best cuticle remover ever! I don't even want to know what's in this stuff because as fast as this stuff blasts off dead skin I'm sure it can't be good for me but this stuff blows every other cuticle remover out of the water. Super Fast. Super cheap. 1 bottle lasted over 2 years with weekly use.

I never thought to try it on calluses! What a great idea. I'm going to try that out on the hooves tonight.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by tqoe354

Ladies, my manicurist has used this product for her mani/pedi's for years and I swear by it! I warm a little in the microwave, about 1/4 cup, put it in a large pan and stick my feet in it. I make sure it gets up on my toenails then take a coarse file and ALL the dead skin and callus comes off immediately. Take a moist towel and wipe it off your feet. Then shower or bathe and your feet will be smooth and feel awesome! Excellent product and a great value!!!!!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

I was a long time user of Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover and recently switched to Blue Cross. It's the best thing I've ever used to clean up my cuticles short of going for a professional manicure. It's fast and effective. I have to apply it using a brush otherwise I waste too much product trying to pour it directly on my nails. Once it's on, I wait a second or two and gently start scraping off dead, overgrown skin easily and quickly. Like everyone else, I got it at Sally's for a great price and since it's a big bottle it will last a very long time. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by chinaglazer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best cuticle remover ever, and you get soooooooooooooooo much of it! This one doesn't cause your nails to peel, either. Sometimes I have to go back a second time to get that super-fine layer of cuticle on the nail, but usually it all comes off the first time around. I just put a couple of drops directly onto the nailbed and massage the liquid into the cuticle for a few seconds. Then, I remove gently with an orange stick. Make sure you wash your hands with an anti-bacterial soap within a few minutes of removal (I suggest Dial, simple and cheap). My HG of cuticle removers!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ceemadd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the previous posts for this amazing product..works great for cuticles and callus problems. But I have found another use..works great for self tanner boo-boo's. Since it's so cheap I soak a wash cloth in it and rub away built up self tanner mistakes or dry scaly looking patches. Just don't rub too hard or you'll lose a layer of skin !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Good stuff! I used this stuff and it got rid of all the crusty cuticles around my nails. This is how I use it: I take a Q-tip and dip it into the bottle, then run the Q-tip along my cuticles on one hand. By the time I'm through applying it on my pinky, the thumb's cuticle is ready to be pushed back. I push the cuticles back with my fingers and then immediately rinse my hands with warm water. I only do one hand at a time because this stuff is potent -- if you leave it on too long, it will make your nails peel! After this treatment, my nails are ready for polishing. This works great on toes too! I found this at Sally's for $5.99. It's a 16 oz. bottle, so this will last me a very long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:03:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only cuticle softener/remover that works on my super stubborn cuticles and nails. I have a very hard time removing dead skin on my nails, and it gets in the way of my polish application. This stuff will soften that invisible layer of skin enough for me to push it off the surface of my nail, or lift it off with tweezers. I'm a 1/5 of the way through my 6 oz bottle, and I love using it. The application is a bit messy, but it is gentle enough on my fingers and my nails that I can use it once a week with great results. HG.