September 3, 2014 | 1078 users online

Mascara - Essence - I love extreme crazy volume

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Namaranamara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It dries out really fast and it just disappointed me :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by akneil

I read that this dries up quickly, and that is DEFINITELY true.
Essence doesn't have seals or packaging on their mascaras, so CHECK before you buy. I should have noticed that it was pretty dry.
When it's dry, it does nothing. It isn't useable at all. I'm looking forward to trying a brand new one - but for now I'm giving this a 3, simply for how fast it dries out. I'll review again when I try one that isn't dried out.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by mellyru

After hearing the hype about this mascara and the good ratings on this site I ran out and bought it. While it did volumize and layered coats on nicely, it did not hold my curl at all.
I have short, stubby, stick straight asian lashes with an eyelid that pushes down on them. Having tried other mascaras that do hold my curl under these circumstances, this mascara sadly did not =(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when i had first tried on this product, i originally thought it would be my first holy grail mascara, but it seems like the more i got to using it, i liked it less and less. i do find it somewhat lengthening considering its a volumizing mascara. but it gives me nowhere near what i expected volume wise. on top of that its not a mascara you can apply more than about 3 coats without the tips of your lashes creating those weird mascara chunks..dont get me wrong, this mascara is better than a lot of others i have tried, but its still far from perfect

keep in mind that i have average lashes, not too long not too short, and not really sparse but not full either. i also really like BAM glamorous lashes that are super thick and pitch black

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

I've heard a lot of raves about this product, and I find it's alright. It does provide decent volume and crazy seperation, but I have other mascaras that can do a lot better in terms of length (which is a big factor for me), and I find this isn't very buildable without getting clumpy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This has become my other go to mascara besides Cover Girl clump crusher. I use this when I don't want or don't have time to put on falsies but I want that fuller look (evening, going out etc)

This is a wetter formula and does require patients and a easy hand if you don't want to end up with spider eyes. Yes I know some gals like the look and can pull it off, for me it looks like I'm trying to put together a halloween costume.

I use my eyelash curler and sometimes I may lay down a coast of my clump crusher let it dry why I'm doing my other make up then go back with the essance. Easy hand, and I will blot the end with a tissue because as I said this is a WET formula. Let the coats dry throughly inbetween. Takes a little bit but if you do your other makeup inbetween you can not make it a longer process.

I've had a little flaking and if you are having a watereye day use your other mascara this will transfer and come off if wet. I have used it with my contacts no major issues. I use regular makeup remover and it does take a little more time to remove because it is a heavier product.

Over all I give this 100% inexpensive and it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I first heard about this mascara from Emily (Beauty Broadcast). I think it's pretty safe to say that I've tried my fair share of mascaras both high end and drugstore (Armani Eyes to Kill, DiorShow, Dior Iconic Overcurl, YSL Baby Doll, YSL Effet Faux Cils, CG Lash Blast, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black, Maybelline One by One, MAC Haute & Naughty, Lancome Definicils, Lancome Hypnose Drama, Clinique High Impact and many many more). For reference I have naturally long, thick, and curled lashes (I've never used any lash enhancing products or extensions). What I look for in a mascara is definition (I can't stand spidery lashes), length, volume, and lift (I don't like heavy formulas that weigh down my lashes). Here is a breakdown of the pros and cons of I Love Extreme Crazy Volume:

Pros:
- Volumizes your lashes in just one coat (you don't need to build up layer after layer)
- Lengthens
- Super black formula
- Extremely affordable ($5!)
- Dramatic enough for evening but still wearable during the day

Cons:
- Dries up quicker than other mascaras I've used
- Could be a touch more defining
- If worn all day, can flake slightly onto your cheeks but nothing major

I'm not exaggerating, I'm constantly asked what mascara I have on whenever I wear this by my friends, sales associates at stores, and just random people. This mascara is pretty darn amazing and truly better than pretty much any mascara I've tried. Since I've bought this, three of my friends have gone out and bought it after seeing how my lashes look with it on.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ladies, I LOVE a traditional, thick, spoolie type mascara wand. I thought rubber bristles were the devil's wand and I vowed to foresake them! That is until a number of positive MUA reviews and a few extra dollars left on an Ulta gift certificate led me to this bad boy.

This mascara is great! It lengthens, thickens and does not clump. Even my HG Voluminous clumps sometimes and I need to bust out the last comb. The brush, which I thought I would hate, is amazing. It combs through every lash, so that even after 4 coats - no clumps. I only gave this four lippies as I like Voluminous (HG) for its lengthening & thickening. This does an A+ on thickness, and a B+ on length. But it also does it with no clumps, so I would really give it a 4.5 if I could.

PROS:
- cheap
- amazing volume
- solid lengthening
- i like the packaging - young & loud - but fun
- good amount product
- GREAT formula - it doesn't need the break in period my Voluminous does - its dry
CONS:
- Not anything major - minor ding for good, not great length - but really, that's a nit

Fun little mascara, gives good lash, worth a try!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
-really cheap (CAD$3.95 at Shopper's Drug Mart)
-lots of product (huge tube)
-doesn't clump easily
-very volumizing
-no overwhelming odour or floral scent
-water-resistant
-brush great at separating lashes

CONS
-limited in-store availability
-does flake a bit
-can be a bit hard to remove
-brush is almost too big/long

I bought this mascara on a whim after seeing the reviews here on MUA. I had bonus points to spend at Shopper's Drug Mart, and this was one of the products I chose, along with its sister mascara in the black tube.

It doesn't have much of a scent, if any at all. Some companies deliberately add floral scents to their mascaras, and sometimes these scents are so strong I can smell it on my lashes all day long. It's disgusting. Other brands of mascara have such an overwhelming chemical smell that, whatever the promises, I wonder if I ought to even put it near my eyes. I'm happy to say this mascara has neither of those problems, which makes it great for scent-sensitive people or those whose eyes are easily irritated.

It hardly ever clumps. When I first opened my tube, there was a heckuva lot of product on the brush. Removing it with a tissue did not make a difference. And there still is a ton of product on the brush weeks later. Somehow, though, I hardly ever get clumps on my lashes. The formula is neither particularly wet nor dry and it applies pretty smoothly. It dries in the usual amount of time (about one to two minutes). Transfer is minimal (unless you have long lashes like me, in which case I almost always have to do cleanup on my upper and lower lids). It can also be layered quite a bit, and without risking clumps.

It is most definitely volumizing. It also has a bit of a lengthening effect for me, though that's probably because my lashes are already long. And you think this wouldn't be a problem, except this mascara is so volumizing on me that I can't apply it to my lower lashes. My eyes just end up looking ridiculously made up.

There are two issues I have, though, that don't make this the best product I've ever tried:

1) It flakes. Not too badly, but not just a little either. I usually end up with noticeable smudges on my lower lids that need to be wiped away. I've also seen flakes sticking to the sides of my eyes and to my upper lids on occasion (the more you apply, the worse the flaking could be). It's not so bad that it's a total turn off, but it does knock off one lippy for me.

2) The brush - lengthwise, it's huge. And it may not be the easiest thing for people with shorter lashes to use. That said, it's short bristles are what definitely make this mascara work so well (and, I think, prevent clumps). The shortness of the bristles apply the product evenly and comb out/prevent clumps.

I would repurchase again, though it would be nice if the formula was improved to not flake as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by woopibaby

Wow.. this is honestly one of the best mascaras I have ever used. Let's be honest here I have a fetish for mascaras and I am constantly trying new ones simply because it's not going to last me more than 6 months so if it's bad, it won't be sitting at the bottom of my drawer for 2 years haunting me...
So, my constant experimenting with a lot of different mascaras means that I have gained a fair amount of knowledge about mascaras. Let me say this outstraight, if you are thinking of buying Benefit's They're Real or trying it for the first time, don't. This is the closest you will get to a dupe for They're Real and for a fraction of the price, don't waste your money! I live in Ireland, and this costs me under €3 for a tube of this stuff... THAT IS CRAZY! And if you're a woman on a budget or simply are a bargain hunter this stuff will be your HG! Honestly the wand is more or less identical to They're Real, the formulation is fabulous, I'm a crier! I have been to the cinema so many times and balled my eyes out whilst wearing this mascara and it doesn't budge but when I go to remove it, it comes off nicely!

In terms of the packaging it does kind of look like a 12 year old designed it, it isn't sleek and the packaging is an indication that this mascara is cheap however I don't care about that because when I wear this on my lashes Essence is the last brand people expect me to be wearing!

Overall at such a cheap price, at least try it! It's great.. well worth the €3 I spent on it!