November 27, 2014 | 1602 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the waterproof version. This mascara is ok for the price. The brush is large but the bristles are short and rubbery so it's not hard to use. The formula goes on a bit wet so give it a few extra minutes between coats. It's buildable and very black, and doesn't clump for me. One problem with it is that it smears a bit and flakes a lot by the end of the day. But the biggest problem for me is that it will not hold a curl, and that is very disappointing for a waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I wanted to test it because it's really cheap and I've read that it was great, and what a surprise !! When I opened it, I thought "god the brush is really big", but in fact it is easy to apply. This mascara is amazing, it makes my lashes huge and beautiful. It can be a little clumpy so you want to keep a light hand but it is GREAT !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ashley1718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never gotten this much volume from a mascara. Pretty easy to use and makes my eyelashes really stand out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

Can not explain my love for this mascara! I was using benefit they're real for a while but then I discovered this mascara and was amazed. It builds up so nicely and doesn't clump, stays on without flaking, separates my lashes, adds volume and gives great length. I have repurchased this product about 6 times already.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this mascara and am actually surprised by all the good reviews, this mascara clumped like crazy, waaaayyyy too much product gets dispensed on the wand (it obviously doesn't have a good stopper) and the wand itself sucks. It's like a big smeary mess and I hate the stupid plastic rubber brush that has no bristles and just clumps and smears all over my lashes and sticks them together. I prefer a mascara to separate and lengthen as well as volumize and this just clumps them together into a big mess, the formula is also way too wet....hated it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very cheap mascara and I didn't expect a whole lot from it but when I first try it out I was very surprised! It was really good and better than my more expensive mascaras! It made my lashes longer and added more volume. Definitely I'll be repurchasing again and again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

My First Impression Review on the Essence I *HEART* Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara;

I have since found this mascara to be holy grail status for me. Its' only downside is the few tiny flakes that fall onto my cheek at the very end of a long day but this is a problem I struggle with most mascaras anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes!
I love love LOVE this mascara. Despite it being a somewhat wet formula, I find that it clings to my lashes and makes them look absolutely gorgeous, probably due to the plastic brush. I tend to gravitate toward this style wand rather than the standard bristle wand because the plastic ones separate my lashes better. And the volume is out of this world! One coat gives me fanned out, fluttery lashes. Swipe on another coat and I've got long, full, defined lashes. One more coat gives an almost false lash effect. And it doesn't clump, likely because it's a thinner formula that doesn't just stick to itself.
It was about $5 at Ulta, which is a steal for such a knockout performer.
I do wish less product ended up on the wand - it can be a bit messy. But that's the only gripe I have.
I think the packaging looks cute. It's got a mid-90's vibe and reminds me of the mascara I'd use in high school. Gives me the warm and fuzzies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You have no idea how amazing it is to finally have found my HG mascara. If there's something I'm obsessed with its full voluminous lashes--without falsies. I have OILY EYELIDS, AVERAGE LENGTH/THICK LASHES, STRAIGHT/DROOPY LASHES. I need a mascara that will hold a curl, add volume (more than length) and not smudge with my oily lids. This is the one. Its amazing really, for five dollars I suggest you give it a try.

Pros:
very black
doesn't smudge
doesn't flake
holds curl almost as well as a waterproof mascara
amazing volume
noticeable lengthening

Cons:
brush can grab too much product (just wipe off excess on rim of tube, works fine)

I uploaded a picture of my lashes with one coat, curled, and a picture of the brush (its amazing, it has a lot of tiny bristles and even has some on the tip, which i love because you can grab every single lash in any corner! i'm hyperventilating its so amazing)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good for it's price. I've only tried one other Essence mascara (orange and black one) which was pretty good, besides that it smudged on my lower eyelashes.

When I first went to try this mascara the first thing I noticed was how BIG the brush is. Seriously, I don't understand the point in making the brush that big? It just makes it more difficult to use as you have to be really careful not to get it on your lids or near your eyes/rest of your face. (Trust me, this still happens a lot of times to me so it's not something you can apply in a rush.) Honestly, I think it would be better if the brush was smaller.

Another thing is how messy it can be to use this mascara. Because the brush is huge, it picks up a lot of product when you take it out of the tube. I always have to wipe off the tip (I usually do this with all mascaras anyway) but I also get some around the side of the brush which I have to wipe off near the cap and it just makes the tube messy.

In terms of the difference it makes to my lashes though, it's pretty good. I do notice a difference in length and some volume. My lashes however, are rather Asian-like (having a Filipino mother) so they're hardly noticeable beforehand so at least this makes them noticeable.

I was hoping that this mascara wouldn't smudge on me. However, it does on my lower lashes! How I avoid this is having to use another mascara (Maybelline falsies) on my lower lashes and then applying a coat of this on top. I don't get smudging this way. Still, it's a bit annoying that I have to switch between two mascaras so I can't apply it quickly. I also have to be careful with clumping. Yes, this mascara does clump and I need to make sure to apply thin layers (again, needing to wipe the brush) so I don't get clumps.

This mascara even in Australia is rather cheap, it's around $5 and I got it for around 30% at Priceline. I don't think I will buy this mascara again though as I know mascaras last me a few months so I don't mind paying a little more to get something better. The huge brush and the smudging on my lower lashes put me back from this. However, it does the job if you're careful with application and you can't complain with it's price. Overall though, I do love Essence products!