Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Peg-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho Pg-Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium-15, Tetrasodium Edta

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eh, this was okay. Didn't break me out.. But I didn't feel like my face was clean either. It felt a little, um, I don't really know. Lol. I like my face fresh & tingly, not making me feel even sluggish in the morning. It's pretty good for sensitive skin, didn't break me out, but didn't do the best job at keeping my pms breakouts away or clearing them up.

on 12/20/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

i have been using this product for over a year now and I LOVE IT! it's super gentle on my acne prone skin and doesn't clog my pores.
I don't like when people comment on how good a face wash is by how well it takes off eye makeup. That's not the point of a face wash. Face washes should be judged by how well they take off face makeup like foundation and this does the job perfectly. My skin feels clean and refreshed and it doesn't feel dried adn completely stripped of its natural oils. Will continue to buy over and over!!

on 11/5/2011 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product has absolutely saved my skin, along with Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment and tea tree oil. Cleans my sensitive yet oily/acne-prone skin wonderfully, and the price is nice to boot.

on 10/24/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has everything I've ever wanted in a face wash-- gentle, non-irritating, non-drying, very slight fragrance, removes makeup easily, doesn't aggravate acne or clog pores, and leaves my face feeling completely clean, smooth and supple. And all this at such a cheap price! I am disappointed that Clean & Clear tests their products on animals, but I am such a dirt-poor college student that I can't really splurge on more natural cleansers that cost a lot more. I will continue to buy this product unless I find an equally effective, cheap and cruelty-free alternative.

on 10/16/2011 2:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a real pain to take off my makeup with this cleanser. I purcahsed this in hope, simple might be "better" for my acne skin but it wasn't. My acne was the same and also got new pimples. I wouldn't say from this at all but just from the fact I have acne skin and apparently if im not using anything effective against it, they just continue to do their own thing. Ruin my beautiful face.
I rate this a 2, it's not horrible considering it doesn't irritate the face but it doesn't even take off my makeup.

on 10/10/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this cleanser. I switched to this from Dove sensitive skin bar and haven't looked back! It's gentle and it doesn't give me tiny clogged pores like Dove does. I'm giving it only 4 lippies for 2 reasons: 1) It doesn't remove eye makeup that well. I definitely have to use a cosmetic wipe or oil-cleanse before using this if I''m wearing makeup and 2) It feels like it leaves a slight film on my face. I use a toner afterwards, just to be sure all the residue is off. If I don't, I feel like I have to rinse a hundred times. Other than those two things, this cleanser is excellent! It's very gentle, despite the fact that it contains both sodium laureth sulfate AND fragrance.
EDIT: Nah. Changed my mind. After a while, this really seemed to be aggravating my sensitive skin. SLS is just too much for me to handle.

on 9/23/2011 7:38:00 PM

I'm on my 5th bottle so I guess that's really saying how much I love this product. It's very gentle and removes makeup effectively. It is incredibly cheap compare to the Philosophy cleanser that I have used in the pass. I will continue to purchase this product!

Gentle and non-drying. It doesn't treat pimples but it doesn't irritate or cause them either. After you cleanse with this, thats when you want to treat any problems. I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and this cleanser removes it really well. It smells light and clean like a baby wash. I would reccomend it for anyone who wants something gentle and simple to cleanse with. Just remember if you have acne prone skin you will need a medicated toner or some sort of treatment to help you heal pimples along with this. I think it does exactly what it claims- it cleanses your skin without irritating it and removes makeup.

on 9/13/2011 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I went to Ulta to pick up Jergen's Purpose cleanser to try and it was sold out; saw a reviewer on here said this was basically an exact dupe for it, so gave it a try.
I quite like it. It is gentle enough that I can use it over my eyes, which is nice (rather than having to use an eye makeup remover). It cleans wells and removes almost all/most of my makeup, without leaving my skin feeling stripped or dry. It has not caused any skin irritation for me and my skin is kind of sensitive.
Overall, especially now having tried Purpose and found it to be surprisingly drying, I think this is a very good cleanser for people with sensitive skin. I have already repurchased and likely will continue to do so.

Update: I have discontinued using this because it contains sodium Laureth sulfate, often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. As I have been struggling with adult acne, I can't risk it - but I still recommend this for those who don't have breakout problems.

on 8/31/2011 3:59:00 AM

Purpose cleanser ingred=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA
Clean & Clear Sensitive skin=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, C12-15 Pareth-2, Quaternium-15
So you can see they are pretty much dupes... and i love Purpose- SO i love this as well. It is a cushy foamy lather and cleanser for my sensitive skin. love it.