July 29, 2014 | 1165 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ConcreteGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gentle and non-drying. It doesn't treat pimples but it doesn't irritate or cause them either. After you cleanse with this, thats when you want to treat any problems. I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and this cleanser removes it really well. It smells light and clean like a baby wash. I would reccomend it for anyone who wants something gentle and simple to cleanse with. Just remember if you have acne prone skin you will need a medicated toner or some sort of treatment to help you heal pimples along with this. I think it does exactly what it claims- it cleanses your skin without irritating it and removes makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I went to Ulta to pick up Jergen's Purpose cleanser to try and it was sold out; saw a reviewer on here said this was basically an exact dupe for it, so gave it a try.
I quite like it. It is gentle enough that I can use it over my eyes, which is nice (rather than having to use an eye makeup remover). It cleans wells and removes almost all/most of my makeup, without leaving my skin feeling stripped or dry. It has not caused any skin irritation for me and my skin is kind of sensitive.
Overall, especially now having tried Purpose and found it to be surprisingly drying, I think this is a very good cleanser for people with sensitive skin. I have already repurchased and likely will continue to do so.

Update: I have discontinued using this because it contains sodium Laureth sulfate, often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. As I have been struggling with adult acne, I can't risk it - but I still recommend this for those who don't have breakout problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by iluv2chug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purpose cleanser ingred=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Quaternium 15, Tetrasodium EDTA
Clean & Clear Sensitive skin=
Water, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG 150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroampho PG Acetate Phosphate, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, C12-15 Pareth-2, Quaternium-15
So you can see they are pretty much dupes... and i love Purpose- SO i love this as well. It is a cushy foamy lather and cleanser for my sensitive skin. love it.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice, basic cleanser for sensitive skin. It foams up really well, it removes makeup, it's not drying, and the pump has a lock, which is great for travelling. I also use it to wash my makeup brushes, which seems to be fine. I don't want to pay big money for a separate brush cleanser and the point is to use something gentle, right? My only beef is it's got this weird fragrance I don't like, which makes me nervous because it's supposed to be for sensitive skin. It hasn't broken me out or given me eczema patches, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Cupcake210

I use this to wash my face and my makeup brushes! The cleanser claims that its for sensitive skin and removes makeup. It does a decent job at removing face makeup (I use a separate eyemakeup remover) so I figured I would give it a try at removing the makeup from my brushes (Mac and Sonia Kashuk). If it's gentle enough on my face, it won't be too harsh for my brushes, right? Right! It's great! I use this cleanser daily on my face and weekly on my makeup brushes. It's inexpensive (less than $4 at Target) compared to makeup brush cleansers and better than using baby shampoo. I have repurchased this several times and will keep purchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by bergsyfern

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, I product by Clean & Clear that I approve of! I use this in the shower ever night after I've removed my makeup. Leave my skin soft, and I actually feel clean...plus, it's a great price for the amount of product you get.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for about 2 or 3 years. Converted my boyfriend to using it too. You can get it at Walmart for about $3.60, which is really cheap for a good face wash. My skin is very sensitive, and oily in some places and dry in others. This cleanser gets my skin clean without stripping. It does not get off all my eye liner but I have never found a face wash that has so I won't hold it against the product. Just a really good, basic, cheap face wash.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by monokuro

The price is decent and average for a drugstore brand.
I tried this product because this is the same ingredient list as the purpose gentle wash. The purpose gentle wash is considered a dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser. I was trying to find the drugstore dupe for the Korres white tea cleanser.

The consistency is gel like, which i find my skin is better suited to than cream cleansers.
This light gel foams really well with water, which i'm beginning to think that is all it is. It is a foamer and not a cleanser.

I use one pump and I don't feel I washed off everything.
When I wipe with a cotton pad, I see makeup come off and onto the pad. My cotton pad does not lie. I am not a heavy makeup wearer and this cleanser is not a good makeup cleanser. I am surprised it could not handle washing mineral makeup.
I adjusted to the cleanser by double cleansing when I wear makeup. I wash once with a pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. Then I rewash with another pump of gel and rinse with a washcloth. I'm sure there is still makeup on because my eye make up does not rinse off, but it is definitely better than rinsing once. Eye makeup remover is needed.

I try to rinse off very well to get everything off.
When I cleanse once, I feel my skin is dry and tight from residue or something.
When I cleanse twice, I feel my skin is better hydrated.
I rinse more thoroughly than usual because this cleanser has such odd characteristics interactions with my skin.

Because of this double cleansing method, I am using this product quite faster than normal cleansers, so this decent priced product is not really a bang for the buck.

For a 'sensitive skin' product, it is still surprising for this to have fragrance. It smells very strongly fragrant and not good for sensitive. I dislike fragrance for my skin.

After months of using this, I don't consider this a good go to cleanser. So unless things change significantly and my skin is fantastic in the long term, I will not be re-purchasing.

Nice pump package. I haven't had any problems with the pump.

Maybe this is good for someone for has normal skin with no skin problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MissPinkKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was using a 10%bp wash on my face until I realized it kept my skin clear but was also aging it. So I switched to this, it's simple and gentle and I have probaly went through about 5 bottles of it so far. My skin is back to normal now and I'm very happy with it. I use it with a cleansing brush followed by the matching sensitive skin toner. It honestly has become boring to use the same wash over and over but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 12:56:00 AM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up last fall after I had a bad reaction to the Noxzema foaming facial cleanser. This did a great job at cleansing and calming my skin down. I used this for quite a while and finished the entire bottle. This is a great BASIC no frills cleanser without harsh additives. This cleansed well and removes makeup and gets the job done. I would have repurchased, but I started selling MARK and decided to try the Mark That's Deep Cleanser. This is still a great cleanser and I would purchase it again. I compared the ingredients on the back of this and the Purpose cleanser (which I have now), and they are EXACTLY the same, except the Clean & Clean was cheaper. (That's how I ended up with C&C over Purpose in the first place. The only reason that I recently picked up the Purpose is that I was unable to find the C&C sensitive skin cleanser at the Target and Walmart that I went to.
I do highly recommend this as an excellent basic cleanser for sensitive skin.