October 26, 2014 | 1503 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is quite obviously too rich for my skin, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.

I am not fond of facial creams from Avene, and this is no exception.

I use it as my eye cream at night now, it works quite well this way, to my surprise.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by clauria

I'm reviewing the light/legere one. I think it's a good product...it just happened to cause me clogs. Lots of them in a very short amount of time. Possible cloggers in the ingredient(comedogenicity) list are: Capric Triglyceride/acid (2), butylene Glycol (1), Benzoic Acid (2), Glycine Soja(soybean-3).
Other than that, it's very soothing and hydrating. I wonder which seed was used for the seed oil and seed extract.

Ingredients: Avene Thermal Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius(safflower oil), Seed Oil, Cyclomethicone, Sucrose Stearate, Glycerin, butylene Glycol, Sucrose Distearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Benzoic Acid, Beta-Sitosterol Bht, Carbomer, Chlorphenesin, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Glycine Soja, Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 188, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by prrety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only cream that works on my eczema on my face. I was suffering with cortizone creams for years befor I found this lotion. It's the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Though this may say rich, it is not oily at all. The texture is thick but glides on smoothly on the skin. It has good hydrating properties and takes care of dry spots. Overall, a reliable moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 8:09:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The thick texture and fragrance of this product makes me think it is a Nivea body creme. It works to keep dry skin protected but so do many other products, including drugstore products.( Neutrogena, Aquaphor, Nivea, etc). Mainly consists of mineral oil, silicones and safflower oil. Too fragranced for me to use on the face. Contains parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wonderful consistency, great moisture for slightly dry skin. Despite the name, I wouldn't recommend it for extremely dry skin.

Lightly scented, a minus for very sensitive skins. However, the scent is clean and pleasant and probably not strong enough to irritate normal or slightly sensitive skin (like mine).

Sanitary tube packaging is a plus. When it's almost gone I just cut the tube open to get at the last bits.

About 15 for a 40 mL/1.35 oz. tube, more expensive than drugstore brands but less than department store.

Avene = no animal testing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty dry skin - that tends to flake & get very sore in cold weather. I was fighting flakies & dry patches all over my face - so i tried this & its great!It glides onto my skin & calms any redness straight away - even after a hot shower. It feels light upon application but i can feel it somewhat on my skin throughout the day - but i like that also it means no more flakes/dry patches!! It can leave my skin (with MU over it) a little shiny twoards the end of the day - but i like that glowy look & again - it means no tight/sore skin on my face.I paid about 19 euros for it in Ireland. It also provides a great base for MU.I will keep using this.(i may try the spf15 version next)EDIT: i have upgraded this to 5 lippies - it works wonders on my dry skin - i also use it to buffer my Ystheal Creme with.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this cream for helping sort out my skin after using Murad's Skin Clearing kit. I used the kit 3 times and my skin went dry, red, sensitive, itchy and unbelievably rough. My LRP Toleraine did an OK job but couldn't cope with the extent of the dryness. After the first night of using the Avene my skin was much less dry and a bit smoother. Now, a few days on it's nearly back to normal! Thanks Avene! It's a bit too heavy for my skin to use during the day so that's when I use my Toleraine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by kaori7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried all sorts of moisturizers in the past, from high end (lancome) to cheap (neutrogena), and my dermatologist recommended Avene to me and it's the only moisturizer I use now. I used the light formula before but during the winter months when my skin dries out more frequently I like the rich formula better.

It moisturizes without leaving my skin oily and absorbs very well. I used to have to go get my supply when I visited Japan but now supposedly they sell it in American drug stores. I wish the tube was bigger and it lasts longer, but product quality definitely gets two thumbs up from me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sara9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer made me break out almost instantaneously, which rarely happens to me. Furthermore, it did not soothe my sensitive, dry skin.