September 3, 2014 | 1392 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Bhrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know what it does... :) I had several mists before, but couldn't say they did anything. But this one is applying to me, it has no chemicals as other cosmetics mists do, water is pure, just mineral water(I have a feeling my skin doesn't like local waters from the tap). It is hot here and when it is +33C... and you give a little spray to your face... It is so refreshing and cooling!!! Wow! Also I had several months skin reaction on my forehead and couldn't find even hypoallergenic cleanser not to cause further reaction. I decided to try out Avene range and if I have something increasing, I cleanse with micellare solution and then spray with this water and just give my face a little wipe. It's getting better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Actually

I read all the raving reviews of this product and thought.... I'm never going to spend $16 on a bottle of Water. Then my friend who is a skin- care guru (she has flawless skin), who has tried pretty much everything on the market recommends this. She was stocking up on them like they're liquid gold. So I was intrigued.

I've been carrying a water spray bottle and regularly mist my face for a few months and did not see any difference. So I gave in and tried the Avene Thermal Water. The weather was getting really hot anyways. I spray it once every morning when I get up and every night before bed. I have not changed anything else in my already minimal skincare routine. After two weeks, I actually noticed a difference. A difference! I did not expect it.

My skin's a lot smoother and looks supple and hydrated as if I had a full night's sleep. When in fact I've only been getting 5 hours every night. I found my rosy cheeks again and my skin tone is more even. I'm thrilled. I'm gonna be buying the smaller bottle to carry with me. Trust me, it's not just water.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

The first time I used this, I thought nothing of it. Didn't seem to do anything. But on my recent trip to Australia, I had a horrible reaction on my neck causing huge cystic breakouts. Nothing I did really helped. My sister randomly decided to offload this onto me. Two days later using this as a toner, the breakouts calmed down immensely and new ones stopped emerging. This is miracle worker. I plan to buy a big bottle once I'm finished with the small one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by hinakong

I like this water spray. It's very refreshing and soothing. I use it after removing my makeup and whenever I feel like my skin is dull and tired. I use it to my 2 year old and newborn as well. It's that mild. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best thermal water I used so far! (I used Vichy and La Roche Posay).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by teruterugong

Yes it's pretty expensive when you consider the fact that it's basically just water. BUT there's something magical inside (I'm NOT kidding). For some unexplained reason my face started getting kinda red, puffy, and scratchy while on vacation in Macau. I must've been allergic to something, although I have no idea what since I thought I wasn't allergic to anything :(. Thankfully my aunt --who is a religious user of Avene products-- had this with her. I sprayed my face with it and it IMMEDIATELY relieved the awful itchy feeling. After I blotted the water off with a puff and applied Avene's skin recovery cream I spent the rest of the night in bliss. My face was still kinda red and puffy the next day. It took about three days of day and night usage but my skin was back to normal if not brighter looking than before. When I got home I bought both the thermal water and recovery cream immediately. I highly recommend this product for anyone with skin problems!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on good reviews and I wasn't disappointed - I love it!

I bought this during a rare British summer heatwave when my skin was having it's usual monthly freakout. We're talking oily and dry with pimples, blackheads and flaky patches.

I liberally sprayed this all over my face post-cleansing, and let it sit for a while before blotting my skin with a cotton disk. It didn't transform the look of my skin there and then, but it felt AMAZING and the next day my redness had greatly reduced and the texture of my skin was looking better. In just 3 days my breakout had almost gone.

Fast-forward a few days and I get sunburn on my back. One spray with this magic water and the next morning it's almost gone.

Just buy a bottle and try it. It's really, really good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I'm writing a review for canned water. After all, I think bottled water is a marketing rip-off and I drink Los Angeles tap water filtered through my refrigerator. Nevertheless, my skin loves this stuff, and a light spray after I've applied my daily shellac makes my skin look airbrushed. There's some element in this Avene water that's not present in tap water. Don't know what it is and don't know why, but I'm going to keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by holychiller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is a guilty pleasure of mine - it's difficult for me to justify buying a freaking expensive spray can of water but I love using it after cleansing my face as a toner

However my FAVOURITE use for this product is to set my makeup! I hate the thought of having cakey looking makeup and so I use this product as the last step in my routine (not a heavy makeup wearer though)

- moisturizer
- BB cream
- concealer
- blush
- mascara
- a FINE MISTING of thermal water!!

After that my face looks dewy and the makeup kind of 'settles in' and I don't have pancake face.
Also I love that it comes in different sizes so perfect for travelling....nothing beats getting off the plane and having some of this stashed in your carry-on, you will feel crazy rejuvenated after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Suzie1717

I have been using the thermal water for a few years now and have occasionally switched to other brands but always came back to this one. The Avene thermal spring water is really soothing and calms down the redness on my face. After spraying it on, I let it soak in for half a minute before gently patting. It doesn't irritate my eczema at all and instead makes my skin feel bouncy and glowy.

I spritz it on after I wash my face in the AM and PM and also after working out for a refreshing feel! While I was in Asia, I bought a pack of facial sheet masks that was designed for the Avene thermal water and used it whenever I was out in the sun for more than I should have ( I'm on Retin-A Micro and shouldn't really be exposed to the sun) and after I peel off the mask my face would be completely calmed down with absolutely no redness where the mask was on my face! My face always feels extremely bouncy and supple after using it this way.