Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 6/7/2014 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

What a find! I love and use Chantecaille Pure Rosewater as my toner several days a week, but at $62 a bottle (a much smaller bottle), I can't liberally spritz myself with it throughout the day. I'd been using Evian Brumitaseur throughout the day, which is the same price as this Avène spray and nowhere near as good. Night and day.

This Avène mist has a stronger, widespread, more even pressure than the Evian Brumitaseur. It instantly cools the skin, and makes my red and irritated skin calm and even-toned within 15 minutes. Its healing and soothing properties are PERFECT for sensitive skin. I was absolutely thrilled from the first spritz. My face was bright red and felt like it was on fire, and one steady stream of this lovely spritz brought my face back to a normal, healthy state. I now use it anytime I want to feel cool and refreshed, like after showering and at the gym. My skin has never looked or felt better.

on 6/3/2014 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was pretty skeptical about trying this, since essentially, it's just water. It does feel nice and soothing when I use it on my face and freshly shaved areas, so that's nice. However, I don't notice any immediate differences. A little while after I use it, my skin does look less red, but that could be because of a variety of other factors too- such as me using a better quality moisturizer recently.

I wanted to try this because everywhere I looked, people were raving about it. I think this will be an occasional splurge type of item for me. I can see why some people who have hard water problems might like it though.

on 6/1/2014 2:28:00 PM

While it feels nice to pamper my skin with this, I won't be repurchasing. At almost 20 dollars a pop, I just can't justify. It does feel refreshing, but my tap water is clean enough that I don't think I need this to purify my face after cleansing. Lovely little luxury item but not worth it on my college-girl budget!

on 5/23/2014 8:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love using this spray, I use it to tone after cleansing, to freshen up my face in hot summers, I use it as a finishing spray to set my makeup, I use it over my body to rub in moisturiser. This product is just a delight to use!!! I always have a bottle of this handy on my dutchess, and a travel size bottle in my handbag in summer. :)

on 5/21/2014 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like the avene thermal spring water , I was a bit sceptical about a cleansing water but it can be used on irritated, sensitive or oily skin like mine which is surprising because most products make
My skin either red or shiny and oily. I will be repurchasing this when I have used the current one.

on 5/13/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This does a good effect on my super oily & sensitive skin! It reduces the irritation well, helps my makeup last long!! Should buy it again

on 5/12/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Got this as a sample, or I never would have tried it. Read the ingredients list. It's water and nitrogen. And the nitrogen is to make it work in an aerosol can, not a part of the actual product. I can make gallons of this product for pennies with a Brita filter and a small bottle with a sprayer from the dollar store.

It "soothes" skin because of the temperature, not the "product". The fine mist and the force of the spray means that, by the time it hits your skin, the temperature of the water is cooler than your skin, which is why it feels "refreshing" and helps with redness. I can see where this *might* have some effect for those who live in areas with hard water, or where there's a lot of calcium, salt or other gunk in their tap water by making the skin "moist" (read: wet) without all the crap that's normally in their water. Do yourself a favour and get an inexpensive filter pitcher. Costs about the same as a bottle of this junk and will last for months.

Again, cheap bottle with a fine mist + filtered or bottled water is what this is. Hat goes off to Avene for managing to get people to pay a several thousand percent markup on water. The placebo effect at it's finest.

on 4/29/2014 10:35:00 AM

Amazingly, I feel this works! I was skeptical of water in a can but it's very soothing, helps redness and is moisturising.
It's a little on the expensive side but it lasts a long time and is effective, so worth it in my humble opinion.
I use it before moisturiser, after moisturising, and after applying face makeup but before applying mascara. It definitely leaves my skin feeling less tight than it usually does.

on 4/24/2014 12:34:00 PM

I onlu used this for two days but the results were so great I had to write a review. I have super hypersensitive skin that reacts to everything including cerave cleanser. I got this in hopes of calming my skin and calm down it did... I used it brfore I put my moisturizer on and after and my redness that I had for years has subsided by 70%. My skin feels super hydrated and overall it looks healthy!!! Definite HG. Cannot live without this item!!

on 4/20/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I paid 10 euros for the bottle which included a little bottle on the side for promotion.
So far I'm really happy with it. I was also skeptical at first but having used it recently on a road trip it's won me over. I am not sure if you are allowed to take it on the airplane but would definitely give it a go!

Popular Face Skincare Products