November 28, 2014 | 1962 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by heavanlyblue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Magic water in a can. I laughed the first time I heard that but I have to admit I'm a believer- plus there's more substance to this than hype. After doing lots of research as to what this stuff is all about, I learned that the chemistry of the water is very unique. Plus, there is actually a healing hydrotherapy center in France where people are literally medically treated with this water to heal skin conditions which is sanctioned by the French Government. Just plain water? Nope! Nothing else like it. It's less than a dollar more expensive than Evian spray and it's worlds apart in quality. I love it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does absolutely nothing except ruin your make up in the morning .Total waist of money

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Lucilleb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave it a try because the rating for this product seems to be high.I've tried it on the day that i bought it.my skin is acne prone and very dry.i taught it would help to reduce the redness on my acne but i was very dissappointed.i've started using it 2weeks ago and until now it doesn't help me with my skin problem even for my dry skin.i wouldn't recommend this to any one.i think it's just a water.it doesn't contain any special substance to help you with your skin problems.waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Msjt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my absolute hg. I have oily and very sensitive skin. It helps to reduce redness and itchiness on my face and body. I use this everyday and I cant live without it. love love love

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Really love this Thermal Water. I go back and forth between this and the Mario Badescu Rosewater Spray. I use both after I cleanse my skin. This one (Avene) hydrates, reduces redness, and makes my skin feel so soft after I use it. Love the fresh pick-me-up feeling I get from using it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK, I admit this product does seem a little silly but I'm addicted. I love this stuff in the summer in the desert and I feel dried out. And in the winter indoors, when the heating dries me out. I'll also use a spray to set my makeup or before/after I put on moisturizer.

I will say that the spray nozzle on the travel size is not as great as the larger sizes. The 300ml size has lasted me several months and I have a lot left.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by chelsialee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin is rosacea/eczema/pimple prone skin. During rosacea flare up days I will spray to help calm down the redness and the burning sensation however if the weather is too hot the redness will come bk, if you enter into an air conditioned area it sort of settle the skin and make it stay cooled for a long time.

As I've also have eczema, I use it very often to help aid my moisturizer soften the skin by spraying 5-6 times daily before or after moisturizer. I will also use the spray after makeup as it makes the makeup last longer and look more radiant and less powdery.

I also use it to soak the 5-ply japan made cotton pad which are thinly made and i spray it with the spray until the cotton pad are damp and do a cotton pad mask after i squeeze my pimple/white heads. It does help a lot on the calming down of the skin now that my skin has turn slightly oily I still use it very often especially entering and exiting the air conditioned area. Hope that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Hdrgvedztx

From my point of view, no, I don't think that this is something absolutely amazing and sent down from the heavens. HOWEVER, this does not have any negative effects about it whatsoever. It will NOT:
- Cause breakouts/ pimples
- Promote oil secretion
- Dry out skin; cause flaking ( moderate )

I'm not even joking, this will not do one single bad thing for your skin. I think it's safe to use anywhere as a few reviewers did mention that they use this for throat relief.. ( heavy smokers ) How does that work? It's water. Maybe it's a hype. Maybe it's just Plain water. But it really comes down to the water quality where you live in. That's one of the most important factors to consider when choosing whether to invest in this product or not. Also if your skin is easily irritated. If you have a reasonable understanding of your current water supply's quality then you should be able to figure out for yourself whether this 'can of water' will actually provide you with any benefits at all.

I'm sorry I don't have any smart analogies to conjure up at the moment about water quality in different countries because they might be inaccurate and i'll be too general.

I am a male asian born, raised and residing in Australia. To be precise i'm from Perth. For those of you that don't really know where or what that place is, it's a small city in comparison to USA, HONGKONG, anywhere overpopulated really. The water supply in our country is from deep under the desert grounds... unfortunately that comes with a load of calcium and iron dissolved as ions throughout the water which is quite harsh towards the skin. You may think that calcium and iron are good for the body, yes maybe so, but sadly only when ingested orally. Maybe not so much over short term, but if you think about using this water every single say of your life, for everything. Yeah, it's pretty influential. Of course, there are those few people that can tolerate the imbalance in pH. Whether due to genetic reasons.. sadly, it doesn't apply to many others and myself. Our waters aren't unbearable or cause major issues, they are just reasonable. I want to say really good things about this Eau Thermale Spring Water but honestly, it really depends on the quality of water in where you live. I'm going to assume you've read previous reviews and so you can tell from almost all of those reviewers the amazing performance of this 'can of water.' I'd merely just be reiterating their experiences.

The Eau Thermale Spring Water claims that it has a balance of cations ( positive ions ) and anions ( negative ions ) which also means that the pH of this spring water should be near-perfect ( pH of 7 ) for those of you that do not know, pH 7 is neutral; meaning that it's not more acidic or more basic, it's absolutely balanced.

Have you thought about the various harsh chemicals that are used to carry out the 'purification' of your water supply ? Just because it's clear, odourless and colourless doesn't always mean it's not full of nasties. This particular spring water comes from a spring, where it undergoes a natural filtration process through natural structures and formations hence, it's pretty much the most purest form of water out there. Furthermore, the near-perfect pH 7 balance is just amazing. Slightly lower or higher pH levels of your water supply doesn't really make a difference to be able to see it on skin in the short term. This effect becomes much more significant and visible in the long-run, as you drink it the water flows through you inside & out. But of course, if your water is of reasonable quality I too agree with you that this would probably do little if anything for you. This water is really not something magical, but it may seem this way as your water supply may not be the best! When your skin starts to drink this new water in, the difference in purity of water will effectively improve your skin in various ways !

My main point of this huge essay ( sorry not sorry ) was that you should consider your water quality and how that suits your skin. If you and your water supply share a tight relationship and everything's going wonderfully, don't let this perfectly balanced spring water get between you, frankly there's a fairly high chance that it won't do anything. However, if on the other hand, your water supply maybe not be of great quality and causes your skin moderate irritation/redness ( like myself, especially after shaving the face ), then yes, I think you may see the amazing benefits that this spring water brings ! Don't be fooled, it's pH balanced water extracted from nature. Don't try to convince yourself into thinking that this product will perform wonders for your skin. Even though people may claim this, it's just that they can see the difference of purity in water.

Good luck, I hope you're water supply is amazing already and you don't need to spend extra cash on this ! : ) sorry long reviews is my style. I blabber.

35 out of 38 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MissLulu1

This brand is great for calming sensitive skin, I use after cleansing andnp toning, spray a fine fist of my face and then massage in moisturiser. This leaves skin feeling hydrated and locking in moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Avene product and I enjoy using this thermal spray! For those who thinks that this is just water in a can, think of it as miracle water in a can! There are tons of benefits that it claims to do and I totally agree with most of them.

This does not set my makeup making it look longer or anything but it gives my skin a pamper me time when I use this. I use this under and above makeup and had no problems with me breaking out. For your information, I have oily and acne prone skin. This does not make me more oily or my face sticky. On a hot day, I spray this on my face and my skin instantly feels lifted up (used it when I was at the zoo and I had no problems with my face getting sticky etc especially since I was sweating quite a bit).

I have a full size one sitting on my vanity and a smaller one in my purse so that I could bring it everywhere with me. The spray mists evenly unlike the Mac Fix +. This is in a aerosol can and gets sprayed evenly across my face, covering a lot of surface area just with a few spritz.

For the price, I feel that it is reasonable considering how much you get and how little you need to spray it on your face. You certainly do not want to drench your face in this or else your makeup will be melting! HAHA just a few spritz would do you good. If you want to get this, get the larger version because it is much more worth it (however, you can't bring it around because of the big size! of course unless you are willing to do so o_o )

You cannot transfer the water to another container because this is an aerosol type of can spray. Will definitely repurchase when I run out of my current ones!