September 2, 2014 | 1539 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sammy1019

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Over the last year I have been on a quest for a great concealer that offers coverage for dark circles and also will not fall into fine lines or crack or look drying. This Nars product is it! I purchased this in custard and it conceals and much more. This also highlights and brightens under your eyes. Application is very easy, packaging is great. Just a dab will do. Application with a sponge or finger works fine. This is creamy and light and blends well but still offers maximum coverage. I have used MAC, Bobbi Brown and YSL concealer in the past and there is no comparison, this is my HG. I would definitely repurchase and recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by albs

It took me a long time to fall in love with this product. For one thing, I find the shade range to be a little bit of a pain. I initially purchased the shade in Custard because I thought that Honey was too peach and that Vanilla would be too light. On my skin, especially in the winter, Custard is just too dark. I eventually purchased Vanilla and I find that this works fairly well. I would prefer a shade somewhere in the middle, but for times when Vanilla is too light I just mix the two. I use this under my eyes and on blemishes/redness on my face, and I really like it for both purposes. When I apply it under my eyes I ensure that I've moisturized well, I tap some concealer under my eyes and blend it with my Real Techniques sponge or Sephora Airbrush concealer brush. I do think it looks best with the help of some sort of blending tool like a sponge or brush (use gently of course). I also blot with one ply of a Kleenex after I've let it set for a little while and apply a small amount of powder such as the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. Lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

i've already repurchased this bad boy. i use the shade chantilly (sp?) - not the best color for under the eyes (yellow based concealers make me look sickly) but it's an excellent spot corrector and is good for highlighting down the bridge of my nose and my forehead. the formula is not too liquid-ey - it's creamy like the name states, and it's best to work quickly with it. it doesn't settle in to my lines or anything weird like that. overall i think NARS did a great job with this formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jnicolemurray

Best ever! I have tried so many for under eye darkness. This has great coverage, no drying or wrinkles. No creases. Truly incredible.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by elles143

This is a great overall concealer if you don't need crazy coverage. I use it for hyperpigmentation marks, redness in my cheeks, and for under eyes (sometimes in conjunction with an eye brightener- the maybelline dream touch lumi).

It's not too thick, more creamy like the name implies. I use custard and I would say I'm NC20-25. It was a little dark for my winter skin but now that summer is approaching, it matches well.

Most days I'll just use this and powder and I'm good to go, although I don't have super problematic skin to begin with.

At first, I was hesitant of spending the money on this product since I really enjoy using the dream touch lumi but when you compare the cost of product per ml/oz, this is actually a bit cheaper than the dream touch lumi and is more multi-purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. It's super pigmented, and covers both under eye darkness and blemishes quite well. It is creamy and moisturizing so it is ideal for sensitive under eye skin and won't make the skin around a blemish look flaky and dry. Coverage lasts all day, although setting it with a powder helps it to last longer. My skin is acne prone and I have hormonal acne and I've used this for a year and it hasn't caused any break outs.

However, it loses a star because it is very expensive and I have issues with the shade range. I have pale skin with yellow/olive under tones. Chantilly is too light, Vanilla is too pink and a little too light, and Custard is too dark. I could probably get a match by mixing Chantilly and Custard, but buying one concealer is expensive enough and it would be so much effort to have to blend the 2 shades every day. I have Chantilly and it is fine for me to use for under eyes or for highlighting, but is too light for me to use elsewhere on my face unless I put foundation over it or set it with a darker powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by calles2

I bought this based on website reviews and I was very disappointed. It settled into my fine lines under my eyes. It also felt very dry on my skin and I have oily/combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by vivalabiba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is the BOMB DOT COM!!! I have dark under eye circles and I'm always on the lookout for ONE concealer that will do the job. I think I found my HG (besides my MAC Pro-Long wear concealer, which is too much for everyday). I don't need much, i just swipe it under each eye and then use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to buff it out. It lasts all day for me (about 8 hours). It is moisturizing and doesn't seem to crease on me. Love it. Will absolutely repurchase :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by JaanBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is creamy, matches pefect with my skin and blends well. The point of this is to moisturize and conceal, which is does. I'd say it's medium coverage and like anything else, use this with an under eye moisturizer to get the maxium effect. I dot it on using the applicator and then blend with a brush before leaving it alone OR using a light foundation. Also, this works really well on top of the Bobbi Brown corrector.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really really want to love this concealer, but I'm still not quite convinced! After a MUA applied it to combat my very dark under eye circles, I couldn't believe how flawless it was! It really concealed my dark circles and scars and it honestly didn't look like I had anything on. It lasted all day without a single crease and looked just as good as when it was first applied. That, combined with all the rave reviews here, made me rush out and buy this miracle concealer.

I wear Syracuse in NARS foundation products, and the shade Caramel is the perfect match for my skin tone. However, I the MUA had applied the Biscuit shade under my eyes and it was the best option to go to for brightening and hiding my dark circles and making my eyes seem more awake. At first I thought it was scarily too light, but it blended in with the rest of my skin really, really well.

Unfortunately, I can't quite seem to get the application right. This concealer makes the skin under my eyes look extremely dry and no amount of eye cream seems to combat it. It also doesn't seem to last very long, and after a few hours my dark circles are clearly visible. It does settle into creases very quickly, and although you can pat them out with your fingers, it still does it even if you set the concealer with powder.

I've tried loads of different ways to get this to last all day and to sit flawlessly under my eyes but I can't do it! But the makeup artist definitely managed it so I know this has potential. I will still use it as I don't really have anything better, but I won't be repurchasing. It's handy having the concealer in a tube with a doe foot applicator, but as others have mentioned, you won't be able to get all the product out of the tube which will result in a waste of product.

I think this stuff must be great if you get the hang of the application or maybe don't have really severe dark circles. I'm SO disappointed that I can't be one of the happy, 5-lippy reviewers!