November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this concealer I wasn't blown away, I was far too accustomed to the formula of MAC Pro Longwear Concealer that I didn't feel that it matched up to it. Now this concealer gives off less coverage and also doesn't have a matte finish, it's supposed to be crease resistant too but I found this creased just a tad bit on me. But once this is set, wheww this concealer really holds up well, setting it probably defeats its purpose but really and truly I'd rather not walk around with concealer lines under my eyes. I use this in the shade Biscuit as an undereye highlight probably equivalent to an NC40-42 (I'm NC45-50). Although MAC Pro Longwear will always have a place in my heart, I found that the MAC counterpart was too thick and would later emphasize laugh lines and fine lines, it's great for spot concealing though. With this concealer I hardly experience those issues and although it's pricey, I do recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by beautybettyfortruth

Oh my god. This product is like an abusive boyfriend--it looks so good and then it just ruins your life!
I have pale skin with blue undertones so I almost always end up with the "lightest" shade in a line being too yellow/tan. This concealer in Chantilly was a perfect if not improving match. When I put it under my eyes where I have allergic shiners (purple circles that look like I've just walked into someone's fist), it not only covered up the purple but made the skin there look more light-reflecting and radiant than ever before.
We will call these reactions my honeymoon phase. Sephora had a sale and I stocked up (bought 3 of them!) because I hate it when I find a color match and then it is discontinued.
Now this is when things start to get ugly.
I've been using the product for less than a month when I start to have little white hard bumps all around my eyes where it covers up the purple. And the sides of my nose start to get tender because they are developing deep ouchie ouch ouch pimples. And my chin. Dear lord sweet mercy the area below my lips to the end of my face. I explained it to one friend like this, normally if I have a problem, I will have an individual pimple, we will call these single family dwellings. Well this product created apartment complex style pimples. Each pimple had a neighbor right beside it so that you have these massive systems of clogged pores than cannot be cleared because as soon as one tenant left, another moved in!!!
Now we move on to classic denial. Despite the onset of unprecedented pimples and problems in EXACTLY the areas I applied the concealer, I tried to rationalize that it was my: hormones, my diet, stress, aging, the expelling of toxins from a virus I never had, a new phase in the life of my skin. I mean come on, the product told me it would never cause me to break out. It had to be my fault!
Basically I told myself every lie I could because as disgusting as my face now started to feel, I loved the color so so much and I now had 4 tubes of it.
That's when I had to have an intervention. I confessed to my sister what I recently started using and how great it was, oh but wait, it also kinda maybe slightly turned my skin into a horrible angry nightmare--which I could luckily cover up with--MORE CONCEALER! Brilliant.
She, not being in the thralls of this abusive relationship, told me to pitch it. But I had invested so much I whined. Classic mentality of the abused. She told me it was over and I needed to pitch it. I knew this was true, but was irrational and paralyzed from acting.
It took me MONTHS to get rid of it. I was unable to return it, so I kept the 3. unopened packages in my closet (time heals all). Every once and a while I would relapse and open a new one to try again. You know what happened next.
Finally, I threw them all out. I was so sad staring into all the money and superficial radiance in my trash can but there was no more running from the facts.
Since I ended things with Chantilly, my skin recovered and I have no little white pumps around my eyes, no apartment complex pimples, no sore nose cysts.
Bottom line:
Perfect color. Skin wrecking ball.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by toonnniiii

Holy grail concealer!!! This IS, however, the FIRST concealer I've ever used or bought. I watch many makeup gurus on YouTube, and quite a few use this concealer. ..so I was in a Sephora one day, and I saw it. I was a bit unsure of what shade I was, so I took a swatch of a few different shades onto my wrist. I ended up not buying it that day and forgetting about the swatches. This concealer is AMAZING!!! I went to the pool and had my arm with the concealer in the water and it did NOT budge! I even used my fingers to smear it, and it still didn't budge! It has reeeally amazing coverage, but it is still light. It has a wide variety of shades, and blends well into skin. My Mom said I could buy it after the pool test, haha! I believe it is around $20-30 (however, I don't exactly remember,) but I do not use it every day so it lasts a while. I only go to Sephora maybe once a year, so I try to save my money and stock up! This stuff is great for those with oily skin! I will definitely repurchase this product! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Tgrimis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

love it !!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by luciferrouslux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The actual concealer is pretty good. It still creases but not horribly. I don't think it's much better than Collection Lasting Perfection concealer though. If you're in the UK, it'll be much much cheaper than the Nars concealer. If you're in the US like I am, you can buy the Collection concealer on ebay for half the price of the Nars one. It works just as well, but Nars does offer a larger color selection. I absolutely HATE the packaging, and I won't repurchase this because of that. It always creates this suction/vacuum that causes a lot of concealer to ooze out when I put the applicator back in the tube. Even when I'm careful it still happens. It's a waste of time to try and push the concealer back in the tube because more ends up oozing out. 1/4 of the concealer I paid for has been wasted because it oozes out and you can't put it back in the tube and you can't store it for future use because it dries up so fast. If they changed the packaging to a squeeze tube like the MUFE one I'd repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was using CdP concealer before I use NARS RCC so this product was just okay for me in the beginning. Up until now, CdP concealer is still my HG but it cost $70!!!!!! My mother bought one for me and I LOST IT. Since my skin is acting up right now (I have a lot of red marks from acne, especially around my cheeks) I need a good concealer to hide (at least some of) my imperfections. Since there is no way for me to buy another stick of CdP concealer, I decided to give this product another try.

After a couple of days of using it, suddenly I love it! The key is to just dot some of the products directly to the spots, wait for it to set for a little bit, and just BEFORE it sets, I blend it with MAC 217 brush or my fingers (if I'm in a hurry). It is so easy to blend and when it sets, it looks like skin. It only costs me $29, and although it is definitely not cheap, it is on par with other high-end brand, and a little goes a long way since it is quite pigmented. This product doesn't break me out (as long as I wash my face thoroughly at night). The coverage won't last all day but it'll last longer if I use primer (I use UDPP on my spot) beforehand.

I love that the color "Ginger" is a great match for me (although I might go lighter during the winter) and I usually use Ochre for CdP. I just can't be bother with concealer that I have to mix by myself because I'm always rushing in the morning. I'll buy this again if I'm running out, although I might try another concealer as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by midwestlady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

2nd tube.

My day-beauty routine with this takes 5 minutes. I am getting down to a few key products, one bag, fast quick out the door.

I use only concealer these days; no foundation. Foundation has always makes my skin look dry and dull, no matter the brand it both dries out my skin and washes out the color and depth of my skin tone.

So concealer only.

A bit under the eyes, in nose area, lower cheeks to remove redness, slight onto lips and around and a bit on my chin. I also touch up a few areas of my face that need some coverage

NARS blends into my face beautifully, thins out, and looks really nice. It is not like many others that I have tried; too thick, too slimy, dry, wet, gunky, requiring powder to set (not desired on my dry skin). It does not move around either, and the color Vanilla is a perfect match for my skin tone.

To finish my face, I add a bit of blush, mascara, liner lip gloss and and an easy eye and brow routine.

$29 is a very high priced for a concealer in my book, so can't give it 5 great stars

For performance and ease of use, this is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by stormydown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I saw the rave reviews from the really pale women, I was excited, since I'm also very pale and it's hard for me to find makeup that matches my skin tone. But this concealer just didn't measure up. I'm currently on Retin-A and my skin is very dry, and this concealer emphasized the flakiness all over my face. Plus even the lightest shade (Chantilly) is STILL too dark. It doesn't look that way in the package, but whether I apply it directly on my face, underneath powder foundation, or on top of liquid foundation, it leaves an orange tint, no matter how little I use or how much I blend. Plus it doesn't actually conceal the redness on my face that well.

I haven't tried it for under my eyes, so maybe it would work for that. But for blemishes and redness on dry skin, this is a no-go for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by DanaeAllan

I wanted to love this, but I can't. I have combination skin, and even when I moisturize, it looks dry and flaky. It's was a disappointment for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I bought this concealer along with the Sheer Glow foundation. My skin has recently changed from oily, to combination with quite a bit more dryness. I was really excited to try this because of all of the rave reviews from people with dry skin. I have tried this concealer with the sheer glow foundation and over others, and it just doesn't work for me. It moves around and separates on my face, and amplifies my dryness like crazy. No matter what I do, how I apply it, or how much moisturizer I slather on underneath, it doesn't like my skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No