NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

on 11/24/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Had high hopes but not nearly as a refined finish as MUFE's version. Looks and feels chalky, and made me breakout.

on 11/11/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy cow! This powder is life changing! It sets even my creamiest foundations and keeps me shine free and natural looking all day! No white cast, just a perfectly set face that lasts hours! My T zone is oily so when I first tried this and looked in the mirror hours later, I was amazed! For ten bucks, I will continue to repurchase! I love this powder.

on 11/1/2013 9:53:00 AM

I have no idea why no one is really talking about this in the YouTube world, but I love this product!! WIll continue to repurchase time and time again. Sets my makeup, gives me a wonderful, naturally matte look, yet does not cake up no matter how much I put on! Love love love. Price is cheap, product is amazing. My only con is that I wish there was more in a container... I go through this like water.

on 10/29/2013 11:38:00 AM

It has taken me 7 years to find a product that controls oil on my obnoxiously oily skin. And when I say "oily" I mean "within 30 minutes of applying foundation my forehead and nose are glistening." I have tried so many different primers, foundations, powders and skin care products - everything from high to low-end, and nothing has came close to controlling my oil like NYX HD powder. I can go 8-9 hours now before noticing a sheen of any kind which is a small miracle in my book.

Yes, the packaging is horrible. The sifter top has too many large holes and since the power is very fine, whenever you open the top, it flies everywhere. My solution was to only open 1 hole and keep the others taped off. I flip over the jar, give it a tap on the bottom then flip it back over and tap it on top. I have found that what remains on the top after opening the jar is plenty of powder to cover my entire face, while keeping the mess to a minimum. I apply this powder with either a fan brush or an EcoTools powder brush.

For $10 at Ulta, this is a steal and I will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 10/29/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FOR THE PRICE OF SETTING POWDERS ITS AWESOME. YES I LOV IT ITS VERY SHEER AND LIGHT SO BE CAREFULL OPENING IT. ITS GREAT SETTING POWDER, NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL.

on 10/28/2013 12:53:00 AM

Another raving review. Surprise! This was the first drugstore setting powder that I've tried. I've always used high end setting powders. I was a little hesitant. I wasn't sure if this was going to dry me out (since I have drier skin). To my surprise, it didn't dry me out! In fact, my makeup stayed in place for 5+ while in college classes! Booya! The less makeup I have to reapply the better.

Best. Setting Powder. Ever.

on 10/26/2013 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Pros

- mattifies
- finely milled
- controls oil
- blurs imperfections
- little goes a long way

Cons

- leaves white cast in flash photography

Comments: HG powder for oily skin! This controls my oil so well and gives such a beautiful, flawless finish. It's so finely milled and a little goes a very long way. A light dusting with your favorite powder brush is all you need. Do not load this on! It also helps to keep my concealer from creasing in my fine lines.

Will repurchase.

on 10/22/2013 4:10:00 PM

This powder is so amazing. It leaves your skin looking flawless. Will def rebuy.

on 10/5/2013 8:32:00 PM

No need to ever look for another powder again! I have never used a product that has istantly made my oily skin look and feel amazing. I bought 2 when Ulta had 40% off because of all the great reviews. Wish I had purchased more!

on 9/25/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is very, very similar to MUFE HD powder. It is basically a pure white silica powder that works great for all day mattifying, setting your makeup, and helping to minimize and soften the appearance of lines. I've used MUFE, ELF HD, NARS' version, and the NYX version. NYX is around $15 and works just as well as the others. Wayne Goss has a great review of this on YouTube and says he thinks it is even more finely milled than MUFE HD. I apply my foundation, then use a kabuki to buff a small amount of this onto my skin to set my makeup, then top it with my regular powder. I live in Texas where summers are sheer misery, and this really helps to keep my makeup matte & fresh. A little pricey for drugstore, but this performs on par with MUFE & NARS. Highly recommend and I would repurchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin