December 26, 2014 | 1470 users online

Loose Powders - NYX - HD Studio Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by falconcutie364

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product bc I was looking for something to set my makeup with that would do several things....
1. matte finish
2. oil control
3. not add color
4. not show up in photos

let me tell you that this does all of it. it stays on all day and doesn't give off a white cast in photos. it's a little bit more on the expensive side for nyx but worth the price. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this doesn't bother it all. I'm not giving it a five bc like other reviewers I have issues with the holes in the packaging. they are rather large so I end up having to sift it back into the jar to not get a lot on the brush (not a lot is needed on the application). the swirl, tap, and buff method on the lid seems to help to get rid of any excess though. I would definitly repurchase this. especially with the holidays coming up and the amount of photos that will be taken.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by danielle616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this way more then my MUFE powder! It never leaves a white cast, doesn't usually make a mess, and keeps my makeup set! If you use too much, it does get a bit cakey but with a large powder brush and light hand, it looks wonderful! I mostly use it in my t zone and under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by nathalierae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The only other powder I have ever used was a loose powder by maybelline (one of the mineralized ones) which was an okay product. I recently switched to all cruelty free products so I immediately gravitated towards NYX. I have very sensitive skin, so it's difficult finding products that don't cause me to break out, dry my face out, or even cause my skin to become excessively oily. I always try finding products that are inexpensive, effective, made with natural ingredients, and doesn't add anymore coverage. This powder is 100% silica, completely translucent, controls oil, cruelty free, and no more than $10--everything I look for in a powder. Thank you nyx for making such a wonderful, affordable product! Compared to the powder I had been using before, this one feels so much more lightweight and fresh on my skin. It had a matte finish which I also love. It is so finely milled and sifted that a little goes a very long way. I have even seen an improvement in my skin after using this for about a week.

The only downside to this product that I have seen is the packaging. The holes inside the container are too big so most the product just sits on top of the sifter thing. It can get kind of messy. Also, it's so fluffy that it can create a cloud that kind of lingers and it's almost impossible not to inhale when you're applying it. However, I'm willing to overlook all the negative aspects of this product because the powder itself is quite impressive for the price.

If you have sensitive skin or oily skin try this product (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I am oilier than Kuwait after the Persian Gulf War. My desperate and unrelenting search for an oil controlling finishing powder had, I thought, ended with Tarte Smooth Operator. Even at $28 I found its ability to control oil worth the price and have since dropped well over $100 on that.

NYX offers an awesome dupe in this powder. I find it controls oil just as well. The packaging is awful, but at just $10, it's totally worth it.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by vonnie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING. I have very oily skin (like I get shiny after only 30 minutes or an hour). This is the ONLY powder I've tried that keeps me matte for a good 6+ hours. It leaves my skin silky smooth & makes my skin look like SKIN which is new for me. The only con is the packaging but it IS a loose powder so it's going to be a little messier & you can't throw it in your bag to touch up. I've also noticed that if you don't blend your foundation or concealer well, the powder can emphasize this & leave your skin looking a little splotchy. Overall, I LOVE THIS powder because it's done miracles for my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Amelielydia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this but it does feel like I'm wasting so much of it because it 'puffs' and so much just goes everywhere. It does help to keep my makeup in place and stop it from separating around my nose though. (It also helps keep my eyebrows in place which sounds weird but I have no eyebrows and have to draw them on completely and really thickly) I'd be open to trying different powder as I don't think it's the most amazing thing in the world but it's definitely decent and good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Jenhaas504

The only other finishing powder I have owned is the Bare Escentuals one, and I find this comparable to that. It does give you a glowy and not shimmery look, really just finished your whole makeup looks an blends it all together to look seamless. Def will purchase this one again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by skelsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have to agree w/ prev reviewer ..this stuff does somehow make my combo but oily T zone look glowy..matte but not flat..even good in retail store lighting and we all know how flattering that is ! I love it ...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am very pleased with this product. Getting into make-up as a beginner , I never really understood the purpose of a finishing powder or how it would look on me, but I so glad I got this !! Oil control at its finest! And the finish is beautiful..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're as vain and self-centered as I am, you're gonna love this powder. As soon as you apply it, it's hard to take your eyes off yourself, cause you just look so darn good.
I was an avid fan of the ELF HD Powder for quite some time. After a year of much love, I ran out of it and planned on repurchasing until I saw these reviews. Well, why not? I'm always looking to try something new, and I had a coupon so I snatched it up.
When I got home I eagerly applied my foundation, powder, blush and bronzer, and went for the HD powder to smooth and set everything. I almost gasped when I got it out. It's the finest, smoothest powder I've ever laid eyes on. Smoother and finer than ELF, MUFE, and just wispy and dream-like in every single way.
I took a tiny bit on my ELF kabuki and buffed it into my face.
...
My goodness.
This powder delivers. I looked flawless, airbrushed, and maybe it was just me, but the powder seemed to add some luminous look to my skin. Those effects lasted all day, no fading, no touching up just gorgeousness. What impressed me the most is how this powder managed to work with my impossible skin; oily t-zone, dry cheeks, and acne gallore. It didn't cling to the dry patches on my face yet it also kept me matte without drawing attention to my acne. I almost did a cartwheel...before I remembered that I can't do a cartwheel without hurting myself.
NYX labeled this product as "a miracle in a jar". I must say, I'm inclined to agree.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No