July 25, 2014 | 1519 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Redsilas77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have really bad dry scalp that is flaky and patchy. I find that if I use Nizoral for about 2 weeks, it clears up enough so I can skip using the product for a while.

However, I have thick hair that only requires washing every two days, so using the product twice a week is easy for me. The product does smell, but this beats any other OTC dandruff shampoo - and I've tried them all!

This product is expensive in the UK, so I usually wait until I can get shipment in from the States.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by 70schick

Is your hair thinning due to genetics? This shampoo should be part of your arsenal! Not only is it fantastic at getting rid of an itchy, flaky scalp but it does a great job of washing away DHT. DHT is what attacks your follicles making your hair fall out (for those who inherited a propensity to be affected by DHT).

I have been using this shampoo for about a year. I added this to my regimen of propecia and minoxidal (10+ years). It has helped my hair thicken up. I use it once or twice a week, leaving it on for 5 minutes while occasionaly massaging it into my scalp. I try to concentrate it only on my scalp so it is not too drying on the rest of my hair. I shampoo with my usual Bumble and Bumble thickening shampoo and leave that on while I apply the Nizoral to my scalp. Works like a charm. I highly recommend it!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by gracie114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great. It kept my head free of dandruff for like two years and I just bought it again because my scalp is getting little scabs and flakes on it. I kind of like the old lady smell, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by 3jane

AWESOME product. I had a rash on my back-- my doc said it was most likely ringworm that I could have picked up at the gym, exacerbated by sweating and humidity (I sweat like crazy in heat & humidity). she recommended I try Lamasil on it... which only had a very mild benefit. I also tried coal tar, salicylic acid, tea tree oil stuff, eucalyptus oil, even clear nail polish... you name it. Nothing even came close to getting rid of it, and I went around for months with this, ugh. (in the end, turned out it was Tinea versicolor, which is caused by yeast)

Then I read about ketoconazole, as I was browsing wikipedia for more stuff to try on my poor skin. Got the OTC (1%) shampoo, and within ONE DAY, it went away. now I just use it as a body wash couple times of a week and it works like a charm!

Then, my sister also had a strange rash near her hairline, which turned out to be Seborrhoeic dermatitis (type of eczema). She'd been using a tea tree shampoo to try to control it, with no luck. Once again, Nizoral to the rescue and it went away after ONE USE!

As for dandruff, I had my dad try it and he says it's better than the Selsun Blue he'd been using for years. So looks like this is a winner all around! :D

Overall, really impressed with how well and how rapidly this works. Couldn't be happier!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

I use this product everytime I get dandruff and this stuff really works. Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 9:12:00 AM More reviews by luplaika

It works...
It thickens your hair ....
It makes it grow but....
.... makes it like straw.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

I used to have a single flaky patch on my scalp, and I have to conclude that it wasn't fungal, because Nizoral somehow made it really, really bad. I much prefer a little itching and slight flaking to what happened after I used this, which I will spare you the description of. Part of the problem is that my hair is oily, so I have to use another shampoo before the Nizoral for it to get to my scalp at all - of course, after that my hair is fried no matter what moisturizing or gentle shampoo I use beforehand. The clean scent isn't bad, the hot pink dye gets hot pink blotches everywhere, and I hate the tiny, inconvenient bottle. What did clear up my scalp was Aussie Cleanse & Mend shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by betsy_siena

Like other reviewers here, I've struggled with flakes most of my adult life. No shampoo has ever really helped, so I gave up on fixing the problem long ago. Recently the flaking got worse and I was desperate, so I shelled out the $20 for a bottle of Nizoral based on reviews I saw here. Amazingly, it worked! After just two washes my scalp was so much happier and I've been able to maintain it with about one Nizoral wash per month. The $20 bottle should last a long time at this rate and even if it didn't, it is SO worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by KatieDee

This is a miracle in a bottle. I can't believe it took me so long to find something that worked! My pregnancy brought flakes with it, and they stayed after the baby was born -- the baby is now TWO and I'm still battling flakes. After trying Head & Shoulders, tea tree oil, TTO shampoo, baking soda, apple cidar vinegar, olive oil treatments, you name it -- THIS is the cure. After only a week I am flake free.

It is drying, but it works so I don't care. I coat my hair with conditioner from the ears down and lather the Nizoral on only my scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse, then condition. Voila -- no flakes. I will never be without this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

God Send! I never knew what it was like to have a normal scalp.. to not even think about it once during the day. I've always had scalp issues in one form or another, but Nizoral has completely saved my head. No more itchies, no more anything! Just skin and follicles and hair.. normal! Only problems I have with it is it can dry out the hair after a while and it's hard to spread without using too much. Well worth it though. Aaaw, I love you normal scalp xo