NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 3/17/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Cherry Pie, which is a light red colour! This is the perfect gloss that deserves all the rave reviews! It's thin, moisturizing, non sticky, and light on the lips. It has a light vanilla scent that doesn't bother me personally. It lasts about 2 and a half hours on me!

on 3/16/2015 8:14:00 PM

I never thought a gloss could be not sticky until I found this. Honestly I hate lip gloss but I LOVE these the colors are so creamy and pigmented and they are not at all sticky they feel like a thick balm but look like a gloss and make lips look so plump, the also smell so nice and I love the packaging you know exactly what color is which just from the package

on 3/12/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love the NYX Butter Glosses! My favorite color has to be "Tiramisu". For me, it's the perfect nude shade. It looks exactly like my natural lip color and I keep it in my bag at all times. It's definitely my go to color both for everyday and for special occasions. I love the color range, I love the consistency, and I absolutely love the sweet smell! What I love most though has to be the price. However I feel like that lasting power isn't all that great, but I honestly don't mind, because it smells so good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the fact that this product, different from MOST glosses I've tried, feels pretty moisturizing on the lips instead of sticky. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. It adds a nice shine to the lips as expected, but the color intensity is non existent, which is the only thing I don't like about it. I expected bright magenta lips but only got slight pink.
Overall, it is inexpensive, and feels really nice on the lips!

on 3/5/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

*** I did a specific review for Praline since it had its own tag.

I love these! I have C40-NC42 in MAC Studio Fix.

I got four colors in NYX Butter Gloss: Madeline, Praline, Angel Food Cake, and Raspberry Tart. Madeline was blah (too light for me) but the rest are pretty awesome. It's a slightly browner version of MLBB. Angel Food Cake is a slightly pinker MLBB. Raspberry Tart just looks awesome on me; a very neat soft fuschia. Trust me, it's awesome.

The only sucky thing is the smell. Too saccharine sweet but only when you first put it on. I didn't notice it later.

Price point is great.

on 2/23/2015 11:17:00 AM

Of all glosses expensive and not, this is one of my favorites! It has great pigmentation, and stays on for a fairly long time, although u may need a touch up! I got the meringue, and can't wait to try more shades! For only $5 it's well worth it!

this is my favorite gloss. There are so many shades from the most beautiful nude to the deepest red. It has a smooth buttery feel and is not sticky at all i would definatley repuchase !

on 2/21/2015 6:06:00 PM

i got some randomly at a free standing nyx store in europe. i paid 6.99 euro for one which i think is fair. being a big fan of the nyx soft matte lip creams i just thought i'd give this a try

pros:
- absolutely NO need to prep and prime your lips whatsoever!!!!! this alone is worth the price for me. it's so hydrating and doesn't cling to any flaws on your lips like flakiness or deep lines
- great price point
- cruelty free
- lasting time is good for a gloss! about 2 hours without eating or drinking.
- so conditioning. seriously. what is in this? its wonderful!!!
- i've tried other, MUCH more expensive glosses from higher end brands (.e.g. stila's lip glazes), and these butter glosses are better for SURE. it should be a role model for other glosses on the market!!!

cons:
it's not very pigmented. i picked up strawberry parfait which ended up being almost the exact same color as my lips which have medium pigmentation. i got raspberry tart next which is a scary purple in the tube, but on my lips it turned out a lovely warm rose hue with a light purple hint. =)

overall, a major winner for me. i'd gone off lip glosses since my teens since they were too sticky, icky, gloopy, accentuated flaws, too shimmery etc. i never ever found one i liked. but the butter glosses are fantastic. i still use strawberry parfait to condition my lips, and i mix it with other lip products to get a more conditioned effect. its THAT good!

on 2/20/2015 1:39:00 PM

I got this lip gloss in the shades Cherry Cheese Cake and Sugar Cookie.

Pro:
- Colors are pigmented and pretty. Very wearable. I am enjoying both of mine.
- It goes on smoothly, like butter.
- It feels moisturizing.
- The price is affordable.

Con:
- It can go on unevenly. You do need to apply carefully and maybe multiple in layers.
- It does not last more than 1 hour or 2. That is without drinking or eating.

This butter gloss is fabulous and very affordable.

Popular Lip Glosses