July 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, this is the emporer's new clothes of makeup. When you get it you think the hard powder isn't getting on your brush - don't worry, it is! You can't tell where you have put this on your face, and you can't see it. Yet when I wear it my makeup looks amazing the entire workday and I get comments on how nice it looks, which never happens! This seems too good to be true. One minus - over my loose mmu, it does absolutely nothing. But over liquids it is a must have. There is no noticeable shimmer. Don't bother comparing this to anything else. Get it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

With sensitive, acne-prone combination skin tending on the drier side, my skin reacts (belligerently) when I experiment with new products. I use two products on my face only - bb cream and stick concealer - and have rarely found success with powder. It usually doesn't stick around long enough to offset the danger of clogged pores.

This. Is. Different! Like the first reviewer, I initially thought that my brush wasn't picking anything up and kept swiping to no avail. Eventually I just applied whatever, not having high hopes. I thought I noticed that my skin looked softer and more even, but I was feeling pretty skeptical, and I didn't feel any product on my face. But by 3PM, I noticed something interesting: there was no oil in my customary forehead oil slick. NONE. And in pictures, I just looked GOOD. My skin glowed, but not in the typical feature-erasing flash that most powders produce.

This is the real deal. It controls oil, creates a diffuse glow, keeps makeup looking flawless and does not irritate skin. Repurchasing FOREVER.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by insuline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tried MACs translucent powder before this one for setting my makeupand blending all the bronzer blush and illuminator trio but i think this is better, it makes my face flawless and like the product i used are not there even when i use liquid foundation. I have combination skin and it does not make me oily during the day and i dont need to refresh it for at least 5 hours. İ may say that the weather is not so hot in here these days so i dont know whether it would be that wonderful for summer but i think if you use some primer under i will stay long as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by bellasera973

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A few problems if you have oily skin: It looks fabulous only for the first 15 mins. My skin looked matte and perfect; absolutely no pores, and no shine... but those with a shiny face will find that the evil shine happens shortly after (maybe 20 mins.) So a good makeup primer/shine control product is still needed.

I like using this instead of normal skin tone-colored powder, because it doesn't make my face look cakey at all... but it's really expensive, and again, doesn't control shine at all. Maybe those with normal or dry skin will have better luck.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by rtobiejr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I have owned several powders (MUFE's revered HD, Ben Nye's banana powder, NARS loose powder in Mountain)-- so, I've been around the block. MUFE is great, but makes me itch (it has to be the silica, because there's only one ingredient). Banana powder is nice but is more for an evening event, as it is a mess to apply on the go. But this-- oh this-- in the words of Baby Bear is juuust right. does not make me look pale or splotchy, or oxidize or cast shadows, and the pressed powder variety travels so well. would I repurchase? you bet your porridge I would...

20 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This is an unusual product. When you first look at the tablet, it appears to be a milky white with some undertones of blue and perhaps green. You stroke a brush over it, look at the bristles, and . . . see nothing. So you go back and start scouring the tablet with your brush. Don't do that. It really should look clear or colorless on the brush. This is gossamer light, does not grab at all when applied over creamy foundations and blushes. I just used mine over LM Silk Cream and an Illamasqua cream blush. If you apply it sheerly, it evens the skin texture, reduces shine, and sets makeup. The texture is smooth but not dry. If you overapply, you can look a bit ghostly. There is no shimmer that shows up on your face, so the name may be a bit misleading. This stuff is virtually dust free. For reference, I am NW 20/25 with mature skin.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No