Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

SKIN BACKGROUND: normal/dry, acne prone, mild to severe acne marks and scars, dominant yellow-olive undertones.
COVERAGE: medium/full
FINISH: has a great satin finish, maybe a bit dewy if you're oilier.
TEXTURE: definitely creamy - it comes out seeming like a thick liquid, however it's not heavy at all. It's quite lightweight.
LASTING POWER: it lasted around 6-7 hours, but I used a powder on top.
SHADES: I’m NC20 in Mac and I picked up Medium/Tan which was closest to my shade and the most yellow looking in the packaging, however it turned up extremely ashy looking on my face and slightly oxidized to a more beige tone after about 3 hours.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: yes - not little irritation bumps either, but I now have a couple (big) under the skin ones and we all know how painful those are.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: maybe out of convenience just because of the price, coverage and finish
FINAL VERDICT: It's not a terrible foundation, it's just not for me. I would like it a lot better if it didn't make my small pores look large and if it weren't so ashy. BTW, I tried applying this with my favorite flat top brush, to which it looked streaky and gave it a sheer coverage. After using a damp beauty sponge (which I usually prefer not to use), I was able to build it up to full coverage without it looking cakey whatsoever. Overall, I'd give it a try if you're looking for a cheap on the go foundation, but I did end up returning this product and going back to my previous foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This foundation is really good, especially considering the low price! I bought this in 818 Light/Medium. It goes on very smoothly and dries with a satin matte finish. I prefer a bit of a dewier finish but this finish is quite nice as well. The only problem is it has a warm reddish (or pinkish?) undertone that doesn't really suit my NC30 skin, which is really sad because I like this foundation!

OMG! How can this be so good, when it's so cheap?! The only reason I even bought it was because of reading the reviews on here. Just seeing it in the store, I thought it was highly unlikely that it could be any good. I had tried the Cover All powder, and didn't care for it, so that made me even more doubtful about this foundation. But it's wonderful! It covers beautifully, doesn't accentuate dry patches or lines, doesn't sink into my pores, looks finished but natural, applies and blends easily, and wears well. It is just about perfect. I am very happy I tried it, and I seriously recommend that anyone give it a try. It is under $4, so you have very little to lose, and if you like it as much as I do, and it can replace an expensive foundation, you have a lot to gain.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh why did it take me so long to find you?? I've gone through so many recommended foundations both drugstorec(hello revlon colorstay) and dept store (looking at you estee lauder and mac (your N10 still isn't quite there) only to be disappointed by either the color immediately upon swatch or after oxidization. Upon reading a review posted by the brightestbulbinthebox on this from her blog I immediately ran out to purchase at my local Walgreens. I couldn't be happier with it! It goes great over smashbox photofinish and many other primers for that matter. Lets get to the pros and cons:

Pros:
815 (Fair) is a near perfect (SUPER close just a smidge off) match for my N5-N10 skin.
Doesn't make me oily.
Doesn't break me out.
Beautiful medium to full coverage (depends how you apply).
Price!!! It's only $4!!!

Cons:
I got nothing for you here.

I found this foundation on a complete fluke. For the past five years I have stuck almost exclusively with Revlon PhotoReady. When I first started using it, the price was pretty manageable…I think around $9. Then popularity sunk in and it's now about $15 which to me, seems like a lot for something from the drugstore. I have tried a LOT of foundations though and it seemed to work as good, probably a little better than the higher end ones I've used and for something that I use every day, I go through it pretty quickly and it's dang annoying having to constantly re-buy.
ANYWAY, I was in a pinch the other day and decided to just buy the cheapest foundation there was. I settled on this one, even though I always thought of Wet n Wild as a brand you use when you're just starting to play with makeup. Really wasn't expecting much but wanted it to mix with my PhotoReady that was accidentally too dark.
It does come out fast, so just the smallest squeeze will do. I used my makeup brush to apply, thinking it felt kind of runny and smeary at first. Then, as I was blending, it started to dry rather quickly, making the coverage just about perfect.This is truly the BEST foundation I have tried to date. It does have a scent to it but I actually kind of like it. Weird, I know.Stoked to find something that works so well for just $3.99! Can't believe I wasted years of spending $15 each month on the PhotoReady.I also like how the packaging is fairly small, not bulky like the other glass bottle foundations I've used.This is my new go to!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think I found my go-to foundation and it was completely by accident.

So I haven't been consistent with my sunscreen usage until the past year and now I wear it every single time I go out in the correct amount. Well, because of that I lost my slight tan and now my usual foundation is too dark and my bottle is almost full! So I went out to WalMart and bought the cheapest foundation I could find in the lightest colour so I can mix it and somehow salvage the rest of my foundation. I ended up picking Coverall. I'm in Canada so it was 4.97 and the lightest I could find was 817 Light. Apparently this was the 3rd lightest colour, but sadly my location did not stock the other two light ones. :(

Anyway, before I mixed the foundations, I tried it out on my face and I was shocked at how nice it looked! It's actually SLIGHTLY too dark but the coverage is fantastic and looked very natural. My skin is normal-dry and it did not dry out my skin at all. It's also super easy to apply, it looks great with just my fingers so I didn't need to use any sponges or brushes.

I have honestly forgotten all about my other foundation. I will now be hunting for 816 Fair/Light. I was already a big fan of Wet n Wild's eye shadows and now I love their foundation!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm in the shade fair and this is the *only* foundation, from drugstore to high end, that matches my skintone perfectly. I've always been in-between the lightest and second lightest shade of foundations, and for me it's pretty annoying to have to mix them all the time (not to mention having to pay twice as much!)

The coverage is excellent and can almost be built up to full with two layers. The fact that the packaging has a squeeze tube is also a major plus seeing as we all want liquid foundations to have that control.

With the only exception of eyeshadows, I don't discriminate between drugstore and high end. If it works, the price doesn't matter. I've had $50 foundations wreak havoc on my skin whereas this one doesn't break me out at all. With powder and setting spray this lasts all day on me.

I highly suggest giving this a try. If you don't like it, you're only out a few dollars.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Okay, so I was really iffy about getting this foundation because it's really inexpensive and didn't look yellow enough for my skin tone... but I am SO taken away by it's quality! Such a great buy!!! It's a solid medium coverage with a satin finish on my very dry skin and lasted for about 9 hours. I am a medium/ medium tan complexion and the medium/tan shade suited my skin really well. I only rated it 4 because the shade selection sucks. Totally unfair to deep skin beauties.. but if you are fair- medium/tan.. I would say go for it!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very skeptical about using such a cheap product. My coworker brought this too me today. In medium. I cannot rave enough about this! I love it!!! I have EXTREMELY oily skin. and it maintains a matte finish. it even cover like a concealer! way to go wet and wild! Def gonna stock up on this!

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION.
I compare this to Make Up Forever HD foundation. It's about $35 cheaper, though. The coverage is amazing. I have decently severe acne scarring, huge pores, and redness. I also have acne cysts every now and then, and this covers it all. I don't wear this every day because it is pretty thick, depending on how you apply it and how much you use. The coverage is buildable. I have oily skin and as long as I blot after a few hours, I'm good and it lasts. I recommend a finishing powder if you want it to be matte. It's a dewy finish and quite natural. There aren't a variety of shades, so I usually buy fair and fair/light (since it's so cheap) and mix them together depending on how much sun I've had. I apply with makeup sponges and throw them away after every use because it's the most sanitary way. I highly recommend this makeup to people looking for amazing coverage for a low price. I pick this over anything at Sephora ANY DAY.