November 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 6/6/2014: This product ended up breaking me out. These tiny bumps that I never get unless some product is clogging my pores. Also, the scent became very cloying. However, I did really like the formula and wished it worked out for me - it was so creamy and covered all the redness in my face. Guess it's back to my beloved Clinique Foundation - I'd rather spend extra instead of breaking out! However, this is an amazing bargain of a foundation if your skin is not sensitive to it!:)

Creamy and dreamy! I love it when I find a new drugstore gem! I didn't think this was going to be that good, but it is very smooth, has medium coverage, and feels comfortable. I like to apply this with a makeup sponge instead of fingers. When I do, it looks so dewy and fresh.

The price ended up only being $1.50! It was BOGO free and I had a $1 coupon on top of it. So that's why I decided to try it. I like the packaging - makes for easy travelling. I purchased this in the fair, and the color looks very neutral. There is no perfume-y scent either, but a fragrance that I don't really notice anymore. It doesn't seem as if it has oxidized. I had tried the tinted moisturizer, but my skin itched and I developed rashes (most likely the sunscreen it that one!)

Very inexpensive and performs great. I like the packaging for travel. No more having to worry about a glass bottle breaking! They do need to make the opening smaller as I feel too much product comes out - so I have to be really careful. Limited range of colors, but cheap enough that you can buy two and custom blend your own shade. I did purchase the matching powder and really like it as well. WnW has improved so much since my high school years... it's like a whole different cosmetics line! Check them out for when you need a cheap and cheerful pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

These are so cheap but have high end foundation coverage. Its medium to full coverage. It evens my skin tone, covers my acne, acne scars and the redness. The only problem but it's a big problem for me is that this does not last long. I have oily skin and it only lasted about an hour or so. It completely disappeared from my skin even after I set it with powder. This foundation has potential, I probably just need a better setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really didn't expect much from this inexpensive foundation, but this is my new go-to foundation. The buildable medium coverage looks smooth and even without looking cakey or unnatural. On its own, it's a satin-matte finish, but I wear it with a setting powder to keep my oil at bay. With a setting powder (I use Ben Nye Neutral Set), this foundation lasts through my eight hour workday without separating, wearing off, or separating. It even stays put and doesn't smudge all over my phone (something every other foundation has done). And best of all, Fair matches my NC10 skin pretty darn well (it's slightly more neutral than I am), and doesn't oxidise into an orange mess by the end of the day! I've already purchased two backup tubes.

But there are downsides: This foundation can be a bit streaky if I apply it too quickly, so I have to take the time to gently pat this into the skin. And the packaging leaves much to be desired. It's very easy to dispense too much product (especially if you foolishly open it on a pressurized aircraft - blame jetlag). However, these are minor concerns in my book. I don't think I'll be switching foundations any time soon.

6/25/14 Edited to add: I've found that this foundation looks even nicer when I apply it with my fingers rather than with a brush. I've tried several different brushes and application techniques, but something about my fingers just makes this stuff apply like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Makeupgale623

I this is a good foundation. It has good coverage and texture. This is a rather thick foundation I wouldn't recommend it if you want something low coverage. The packaging for this foundation is cheap. It comes in a plastic tube that if you squeeze even a little too hard a lot will come out. The price of this foundation is amazing it is $2-$3. I haven't found a good cheap foundation except for this one. I think this works better with dry skin because its thick and moisturizing. If you have oily skin it might be an oil slick. A foundation to try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by blahblahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This might be good if you:
*) like soft matte finish & medium coverage
*) have normal, combination, slightly dry or slightly oily
*) can find your shade match

I am currently living in a country where it's hot, humid and sunny all year round. Sadly I have to report that Coverall just doesn't perform on my super oily and tend-to-flake skin. It gets patchy and streaky within 4-5 hours (this complain is the bane of my life!) then it will do the slow fade out onto oblivion. For sure it is nowhere near the power of ELDW/L. To be fair it may perform better in cooler surrounding and it's soooo lovely and give my face a soft focus before my oils destroy everything.

I can understand other girls loving it though, but it's not HG for me.

Fair is around NC15-20. I find the best way to use this is to tap using a wet sponge for the 1st layer, followed by fingers for the 2nd layer on necessary areas, again by tapping. The combination of Coverall and a dry foundation brush (of whatever kind) only exacerbate my flakiness.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: down a star. I might be sensitive to an ingredient as I'm noticing bumps and under-the-skin pimples.. Paula's Choice says: "This contains a small amount of the preservative methylisothiazolinone, which is known to be sensitizing and generally is not recommended for use in leave-on products." Therefore not for everyday after all! :(

I promise you that this is an amazing excellent med (can be built to almost full) coverage foundation. As long as you can find a colour match (if not, i've heard great things about Maybelline Dream liquid mousse). Medium is spot on for me. It comes out smooth. It glides on and covers well but NOT geisha/clown/extravagantly cakey or full coverage. With a concealer used sparingly--and the ACCOMPANYING pressed powder from the same line--you get the most lovely smooth realistically perfect, amazing skin. With the powder pressed and smoothed on top with a sponge, then buffed with Ecotools kabuki brush--it lasts hours!! Not bad. Perfect for everyday wear when you don't want to waste the stuff that costs 30 dollars or more (I've even used a 100 and smthing dollar base--this one is BETTER), but look like you have! i tried it on top of another foundation too just to see if it would get cakey/gross but it didn't. Stock up if you like it! They better not take this off the shelves!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this based on reviews here. I like the tube for convenience however as others mentioned you do have to be careful not to squirt too much out. This goes on a little sticky and then dries but retains a sheen. The feeling on my face was uncomfortable and the colors run dark. I can't use anything with sheen as it accentuated pores. Wanted to like this since it is cheap and readily available but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by thegamerglam

This foundation is my new favorite and total HG.
My skin is pretty normal. Even tone, minus a bit of redness on my cheeks and the stubborn darkness around the eyes, with a tendency to get oily in the T-zone.
This foundation is smooth and very creamy and glides on effortlessly. It's a light-medium coverage, but very buildable. It leaves a dewy finish, so if that's not your thing, you may want to use a powder over it. I still add some concealer around my eyes for extra coverage. I powder or blot my nose maybe twice during the entire day. That's about 10-12 hours of pretty flawless coverage.
My only gripe, however, is the underwhelming shade selection. My skin tone is fair-medium and the lightest shade is a pretty perfect match. There's no question that WnW should provide more shades. But if you're lucky enough that one of the limited shade matches your skin tone, this is definitely one to try.
Whenever I wear this foundation, I get many compliments on my SKIN, not my makeup, and it photographs flawlessly. For only a few dollars, this is a fantastic bargain that can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

This has to be one of the better foundations that I have ever used, and this includes the high-end ones. The formula doesn't quite cover-all as its name implies, but it does provide excellent coverage that doesn't look heavy or caked on. It went on smoothly and blended well. It has great wear time (disclaimer: I always use a primer). No breakouts. It even played well with my currently flaky, dry skin.

The color range isn't that great though...but I got lucky: the color Fair/Light is a decent match--it's a touch too light. It'll be a perfect winter match and I can warm it up with some powder for the summer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

I wanted to like this but who was I kidding this was a drugstore product and the cheapest one. It does not have good coverage as the package would imply. It felt very heavy and cakey to attempt to hide my imperfections (acne). The color selection also is not that great, I got the lightest shade 815 Fair and it was still too dark. I guess it's true what they said you get what you pay for.