April 20, 2014 | 1637 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by pandacn

I have combination skin, but I thought I'd give this cream a try anyway. I'm so glad I did because it hydrates my dry bits and soothes and mattifies my oily bits. It really is non-greasy, absorbs amazingly fast and is fragrance free. The packaging is pretty and it's not the cheapest product, but it's such a great value, especially for being organic. I'm going to try other products in this brand too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninanuk

I wanted to love this and I hoped it would work for me, but it seemed to make the exzema patches on my face worse, and it wasn't moisturizing enough for me. Back to the vaseline, I guess. : (

I should say that a lot of natural things don't work for me b/c of sensitity to flowers, grasses, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sourbelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always bring this to hotels to combat the dry air. It calms, hydrates & heals my reddish cheeks. Yes it's a little oily & thick when you first put it on, but it does penetrate deeply during a good night sleep. The most therapeutic moisturizer ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jennyjbloom

I absolutely love this moisturizer. A friend introduced me to it and I haven't stopped using it since. I have pretty dry skin so I'm able to use this even though the weather has started to warm up. It does seem a bit thick straight out of the tube, but a little goes a long way. You press it into your skin instead of spreading it around and my skin just soaks it up. It has helped dramatically with acne scars that I had been battling for months. My only complaint is the packaging - I'm really not a big fan of the aluminum tube, but this won't stop me from purchasing again. That the line is environmentally friendly is a major plus as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products for winter (I live in NYC). This cream feels a bit thick at first but once on the skin the heaviness dissipates (but not the benefits); it feels wonderful (as well as working beautifully). This cream calms, heals, soothes, protects and if needed, layers beautifully over other products. I have combination skin (normal w/ oily T zone & prone to plugged pores) that can get very dry with the NYC winters. I cannot tolerate any cream/lotion that feels heavy or doesn't let my skin breathe so to find this cream is a skin care miracle for me. This is the only cream that feels rich but my skin doesn't suffocate (and never breaks out). I could also imagine this cream being wonderfully healing after being in the sun. The price for the Calendula Cream is very reasonable compared to other Jurlique products. I am also a fan of Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Serum and the Calendula Cream layers beautifully on top of it. **Update 5/2/08 - I have tried Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Light & Moisturizing Day Cream out of curiosity. They are pleasant, etc. but they left a oily film on my skin that Calendula Cream does not. I appreciate the Calendula cream more than ever!

I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. People say my skin is like porcelain but it has good and bad days like everyone else and I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by tparker14

I really liked the consistency of this product, it wasn't to thick which I personally don't like. I thought it worked well when my skin was extra dry. The caledula healed my dry skin an helped heal irritaitions that occured because of how sensitive my skin becomes when it is dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

This cream did absolutely nothing for me but feel like greasy butter. Maybe I don't have the right skin type to benefit. Jurlique is brand that I wanted to love so much because I love the concept behind the brand so much-organic, raised on their own farm, helps people with disabilities, etc. They just put too many irritants/claims into their products. I wish that they would just tone it down a bit. UH!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by meiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is not a miracle product that changes your skin over night. Just one use won't change anything But with consistent use it will give you the result that everybody else is saying. Give it some time for your skin to adjust to the product. It won't harm your skin. The ingredients are natural. I use this cream like a over night mask pack during cold weather months. It reduces redness, zit size without drying out like other chemical products. Price is a bit high but I'll repurchase if I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by evaa

miracle cream! i've been using this cream on every skin ailment i've got - my dry cystic cheeks, burn on my finger from cooking, paper cut on my finger, insect bite, cat scratches - and its does what it claims: moisturizes, soothes and heals. used it on my eyes without any prob, never caused clogged pores. it's not exactly very moisturising IMO, so ppl who need something very hydrating may need to combine this w/ something else. for my combi skin w/ dry cheeks it works like a charm. under makeup i find it a little too oily (tho it may be ok in winter; i'm using this in humid singapore). i've been using this as an everyday moisturiser nevertheless, day and night cos it makes me feel good knowing i have a fantastic (and organic) skin saver on me. recently i let my aunt try it on the eczema on her hands which for years she couldnt find a solution to rid, and she loved it. stopped the itching and moisturized so that the skin didnt crack and hurt like before. highly recommended! well worth the money. update: the cap on the toothpaste tube has accumulated gunk and become crusty. urgh. but no complaints abt the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2007 4:40:00 AM More reviews by steph9

I love this cream!
I tried it after I got the advice from an esthetician at a spa for my very sensitive, reactive, dry and oily at the same time and of course with some acne.
When I applied it at first, I was surprised and a bit worried by the thick consitency as I try not to put greassy products on my acne.

Results:
I didn't get a rash as I can get pretty often!
This cream is very soft, smells delicious, gets absorbed by your skin right away and won't cause any breakouts. And I tried to look for them!
But no, when I had some, they were due to something else (period).

It is recommended to apply it at night but during the day it fine too if your skin is very thristy and need moisture or you have some acne scars.
It does improve the healing and reduce the redness of acne to what I experienced.

Wonderful for excema and psorasis too, this is a miracle cream.
I even used it for my sunburns and they didn't peel as they keept the moisture in my skin.

I already rebought the cream in the larger tube and it is now my HG.
All I can say is: GO TRY IT! You won't regret it!