November 23, 2014 | 1854 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by beautyambition

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my ultimate night time moisturizer!!!! After using a really harsh acne treatment on my skin a few months ago my skin was left red, dry and flakey. This cream has restored my skin. I think it has also helped with my blemishes as well.
LOVES IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by urbanmonk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream is on the expensive side, but it definitely works. I had some dry patches on my face from a reaction to animal hair brushes. My patches disappeared over night.

Update: ...but then the patches came back. I ended up purchasing Aveeno Intense Relief Repair Cream. Much cheaper, and it did the job! I will probably not repurchase the Jurlique because of the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by phoeb

This is a saviour for inflammed, irritated or dried out skin. I am acne prone and this doen't break me out, but is very calming and nourishing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by pandacn

I have combination skin, but I thought I'd give this cream a try anyway. I'm so glad I did because it hydrates my dry bits and soothes and mattifies my oily bits. It really is non-greasy, absorbs amazingly fast and is fragrance free. The packaging is pretty and it's not the cheapest product, but it's such a great value, especially for being organic. I'm going to try other products in this brand too!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2008 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninanuk

I wanted to love this and I hoped it would work for me, but it seemed to make the exzema patches on my face worse, and it wasn't moisturizing enough for me. Back to the vaseline, I guess. : (

I should say that a lot of natural things don't work for me b/c of sensitity to flowers, grasses, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sourbelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always bring this to hotels to combat the dry air. It calms, hydrates & heals my reddish cheeks. Yes it's a little oily & thick when you first put it on, but it does penetrate deeply during a good night sleep. The most therapeutic moisturizer ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jennyjbloom

I absolutely love this moisturizer. A friend introduced me to it and I haven't stopped using it since. I have pretty dry skin so I'm able to use this even though the weather has started to warm up. It does seem a bit thick straight out of the tube, but a little goes a long way. You press it into your skin instead of spreading it around and my skin just soaks it up. It has helped dramatically with acne scars that I had been battling for months. My only complaint is the packaging - I'm really not a big fan of the aluminum tube, but this won't stop me from purchasing again. That the line is environmentally friendly is a major plus as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products for winter (I live in NYC). This cream feels a bit thick at first but once on the skin the heaviness dissipates (but not the benefits); it feels wonderful (as well as working beautifully). This cream calms, heals, soothes, protects and if needed, layers beautifully over other products. I have combination skin (normal w/ oily T zone & prone to plugged pores) that can get very dry with the NYC winters. I cannot tolerate any cream/lotion that feels heavy or doesn't let my skin breathe so to find this cream is a skin care miracle for me. This is the only cream that feels rich but my skin doesn't suffocate (and never breaks out). I could also imagine this cream being wonderfully healing after being in the sun. The price for the Calendula Cream is very reasonable compared to other Jurlique products. I am also a fan of Jurlique's Herbal Recovery Serum and the Calendula Cream layers beautifully on top of it. **Update 5/2/08 - I have tried Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Light & Moisturizing Day Cream out of curiosity. They are pleasant, etc. but they left a oily film on my skin that Calendula Cream does not. I appreciate the Calendula cream more than ever!

I am Korean, 42 yrs old but most think I'm 28-32. People say my skin is like porcelain but it has good and bad days like everyone else and I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: DHC, Natura Bisse, Jurlique, MD Forte, Clarins.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by tparker14

I really liked the consistency of this product, it wasn't to thick which I personally don't like. I thought it worked well when my skin was extra dry. The caledula healed my dry skin an helped heal irritaitions that occured because of how sensitive my skin becomes when it is dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

This cream did absolutely nothing for me but feel like greasy butter. Maybe I don't have the right skin type to benefit. Jurlique is brand that I wanted to love so much because I love the concept behind the brand so much-organic, raised on their own farm, helps people with disabilities, etc. They just put too many irritants/claims into their products. I wish that they would just tone it down a bit. UH!!