Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 1/13/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this daily for last one year in half and still have 1 month worth left over is under 19 bucks here and I had hard time looking for 2 color shade. I plan order online if cannot find 2 . I am olive skin with freakles on my cheeks. brighter and dewy skin and use clear setting powder. has not made me breakout and tiny bit goes long way.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I started using this after a bad experience with another BB Cream (breakouts, dry spots, etc.) After using this BB Cream everyday for a couple weeks my skin has cleared up and dramatically improved.
The texture is not thick at all but it has great pigment and covers pretty well, if I'm just hanging out around the house or running a quick errand I can just use this and some concealer if absolutely necessary.
Most days I wear this under foundation. I have tried this under Revlon Colorstay liquid, L'oreal True Match liquid, Boots No 7 Lift and Luminate, and Beauty without Cruelty liquid and it looks great. I usually wear setting powder on top too
This BB Cream does have a light scent of oranges, not chemical oranges that you smell in house cleaner but actual oranges. It's refreshing and not strong at all, it quickly disappears after application.
For the price this BB Cream is a steal, would definitely recommend!

on 1/6/2014 4:00:00 PM

This is really great for every day use. I like to wear my foundation for special occasions and use BB cream or tinted moisturizers for work/running errands. I've been using the Garnier for oily skin, and have been liking it, but saw the reviews on this and happened to pick this up at Ulta when it was on sale...and I have to say, I have been converted! This has much better coverage and gives me a more "matte" look. With Garnier, I had to blot twice a day, but with this, I've only had to blot only once a day.

I vary between NC30 or NC35 in MAC so I picked up the medium. At first, I thought it was way too orange, but it does blend out nicely. I've applied this with my fingers, with my Real Technique buffing brush, and the Real Technique sponge. So far the damp sponge gave me the more flawless look. Don't get me wrong, I still have to apply undereye concealer, regular concealer and a translucent powder, but I really like the way it leaves my skin.

Also, just a side note, I apply a primer to my skin before any BB cream or foundation. I've been switching between Clinque Pore Minimizer, Clarins Instant Smooth Perfector and the new Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Still looking for that perfect primer and awaiting to receive my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless to try it out.

on 12/28/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I've tried many BB creams that are on the market right now and this is one of the best! I hardly buy drug/discount store brands, but Lumene is different. This BB cream has a nice consistency - not too thick and not too watery but it blends quite well. The coverage is not as heavy as some BBs (like Cliniques) but you can build it or finish with a powder, which I typically do. On a day to day basis I'm trying to cover imperfections and blur the look of lines & wrinkles and this BB really does the job! For the quality product this is at a drug store price, I give it a 5 star!

on 12/24/2013 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this. It's the only foundation that hasn't broken me out. I do wish it wasn't quite so peachy.

on 12/12/2013 11:45:00 PM

I was really hoping I would like this product based on all the good reviews so I bought it got home put it on and it was way too orange. I thought it was also kind of sticky and very heavy on my skin. I ended up returning it the next day.

on 12/6/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A friend had recommended this product to me but I did not want to pay the $15 pricetag. Then I found 2 bottles on clearance at Walgreens for $3.99! This is now my HG BB cream. I wear BB cream to clinical and if I am just going out for errands and such. I was using Garnier previously, which I did like, but this Lumene has a nicer, thicker consistency and better coverage. I also find that I am less shiny with the Lumene. I took off lippies for the shade. There are only like 3 shades and the lightest is still a bit dark for me which is unfortunate but I make it work. Also, I find it very expensive for a drugstore BB cream. If I run out, I will only rebuy if I can find it on sale or use some coupons!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love makeupalley. Because there are a gazillion products out there and MUA just breaks it down to me. I loved this BB cream, and I love the fact that it contains vitamin C. I have normal to dry skin, dryness especially around my nose and lips. I also have some redness around the nose. I use this cream after my morning routine of argan oil, and wow, my skin looks flawless..! I'm glad I heard about these BB creams, I don't wear foundation and stuff on my face unless I'm going for a night out, because I like to let my skin breathe and not get clogged with gooey stuff. This doesn't give me that clogging feeling, it blends so nice into the skin and leaves a healthy glow to my face, but matte still. And it makes my skin even softer! It's so light that it's basicly like not wearing anything at all but still gives perfect buildable coverage - just the way I like it. I also bought the CC cream (it was released this summer I think), which is less "hydrating" and lighter, I guess it'll be great for summer. Also perfect coverage without showing!

Btw, I don't know my skin tone but I bought the BB cream in light and the CC cream in medium and they're pretty similar - it seems like the BB cream in medium is darker than the CC cream in medium and while the BB cream in light was perfect for me (when I'm not sun tanned), the CC cream in light is too light for my skin.

Will be repurchasing definitely, and won't be changing BB cream - if it ain't broke (and it's flawless), don't fix it :)

on 11/28/2013 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I got this because I had a coupon and am into the bb creams and I have to say I really love it. For a drug store brand this had very good coverage and color for me was a match in the medium which is hard to find since I have olive tones and always a bit darker than just a medium shade. It felt oily as day went on. I liked it but wish it didn't feel greasy on my face. I would recommend it on much dryer skin tones.

on 11/14/2013 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've used pretty much only Asian bbcreams because I didn't trust the very fake Americanized ones. I actually love a few products from Lumene and have heard great things about this bbcream and have it on my face today.

The consistency is thin but not watery. Good pigmentation! Probably the same as my Missha perfect skin bbcream which is much thicker (which I don't mind but thinner with the same coverage would be great for summer wear!). I also love the light shade it's pretty warm/neutral toned for a light which is perfect for me. However if you are anything paler or darker than the medium shade (yes two shades as a lot of Asian bbcreams have, a lot only come in 1) its probably not for you. I saw a swatch of the lumene cc cream light and it was very pasty looking, though I am fair I am not that fair and that cream would wash out the face.

It feels very light and natural. Very soft and hydrating to the touch. The packaging also very sleek and compact great for travel (I'm going to London and January and this will be perfect to pack as foundation).