September 16, 2014 | 2001 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I had a coupon and am into the bb creams and I have to say I really love it. For a drug store brand this had very good coverage and color for me was a match in the medium which is hard to find since I have olive tones and always a bit darker than just a medium shade. It felt oily as day went on. I liked it but wish it didn't feel greasy on my face. I would recommend it on much dryer skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used pretty much only Asian bbcreams because I didn't trust the very fake Americanized ones. I actually love a few products from Lumene and have heard great things about this bbcream and have it on my face today.

The consistency is thin but not watery. Good pigmentation! Probably the same as my Missha perfect skin bbcream which is much thicker (which I don't mind but thinner with the same coverage would be great for summer wear!). I also love the light shade it's pretty warm/neutral toned for a light which is perfect for me. However if you are anything paler or darker than the medium shade (yes two shades as a lot of Asian bbcreams have, a lot only come in 1) its probably not for you. I saw a swatch of the lumene cc cream light and it was very pasty looking, though I am fair I am not that fair and that cream would wash out the face.

It feels very light and natural. Very soft and hydrating to the touch. The packaging also very sleek and compact great for travel (I'm going to London and January and this will be perfect to pack as foundation).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Amazing amazing amazing. This may be my HG bb cream. I have a bunch of samples of the Korean ones to try but this one is amazing. It goes on so smooth and light, looks amazing. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. Everything is blurred. The texture isn't overly siliconey either, just fresh. The light is a bit dark for my super pale skin so I mix it with a little bit of Manic Panic Dreamtone white and it is fine. No offensive perfumey smell. I don't think it is pink at all, I think the color is quite warm, actually. I'm stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bigredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I was using Garnier BB for combo skin (Also pretty good!)I tried this and I really like it! The second ingredient is ascorbic acid (Vit C) So I expect my skin to improve over time as well!! Went on smooth with a foundation brush (e.l.f flat powder brush works like an airbrush, better than a stippling brush!) Set with a powder of your choice and WA-LAA...Imperfections and discolorations BLURRED...My skin apears much more BETTERER!!! Try it for yourself, most places will take it back if you hate it...just keep the receipt!...;)
P.S...The color seemed kind of pink, though the brush really helps to blur the make up right into the skin so it looked natural when I finished!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

The product works well. The color is simply too dark and orange, so it is useless. It doesn't match natural skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth, not pasty like other BB creams I've tried. This one requires only a thin layer for great coverage. My skin has actually broken out less since I've started using this - don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'll take it to mean that it definitely does not cause breakouts. I love the slight clean scent. Will definitely buy this again at only $15. Changed this to a four from a five - I realized it's not moisturizing enough and the color isn't quite right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Love it -- smooth, creamy but not greasy in application. Blends easily with fingertips. Been using it for months with no complaints, other than winter is coming, I'm getting paler, and I'm already using the lightest shade I can find this stuff in, and it's a smidge too dark. It was great for summer, though, and with a pat of super light powder on top it might take me through winter without being too dark. So my one wish is a greater variety of shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best non-Korean BB cream I've tried so far. The shade selection is limited, but the Light works for me, especially in the summer (when I go from NC 15 to NC 20ish). The coverage is light, but smooths out my skin just enough for everyday wear. It is best rubbed in with fingers, and dries to a slightly dewy finish that got me more compliments than higher end products. I've also mixed it with a couple of drops of a more pigmented foundation with good results. It lasts several hours, though of course after 5 or so hours the shiny effect sets in a little on my forehead, but that's more my skin than anything else. Would repurchase, without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Love this! I've been using either Maybelline or Garnier for a drugstore BB cream but the Garnier one is a little on the greasy side (and the for oily skin version of it is just disgusting on my skin) and the Maybelline one doesn't provide as much coverage as I would like. Most other drugstore BB creams (and BB creams in general) contain a bunch of silicones which my skin reacts horribly too.

So I got this at Walgreens. I think I paid $10, on sale. The color selection is poor. They only carry light and medium. The light appears to be what most other BB creams consider medium. This is what I purchased. Thankfully the colors works just fine for my skin.

I like the ingredient list. I like the anti-aging factor. I like the SPF. I like the texture, it is is on the thin side and doesn't feel too greasy. It is fast setting and fast absorbing, so I work it into each area of my face separately.

I adore the finish of this BB cream. It's absolutely perfect. Not greasy and shiny but not completely mattifying either. My skin looks like it has a natural glow from within. Even if I look at my skin in my 10x magnifying mirror after applying this (a magnification power that no one should be investigating their skin at lol), my skin looks really good. The same can't be said for Garnier/Maybelline.

I don't turn into an oil slick quickly with this. It stays looking pretty nice as the day wears on. I don't find myself worrying about touch ups. So far I can't find a single reason why I wouldn't repurchase this. I think it is my new go to BB cream.

Update: I have continued to use this every day and can't see myself tiring of it. No breakouts from it at all. I'm so thrilled to have given this a shot. If you're having trouble finding a drugstore BB product for oilier skin, stop by Walgreens and give this one a shot if one of the 2 shades will play nice with your skin tone. Awesome product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample from Kicks shop and i put it on.I was really amazed by this product.I had previously bought a Clinique bb cream shich feels sticky and thick and not moist, and when i tried this on, i regreted that i hadn't bought it instead.First of all, the price is very convenient.Secondly, out of all my mositurizing products I have (and believe me, i have plenty of creams and serums from big brands), this product made my skin look and feel like baby face.I couldn't believe it!The texture, the colour, the feeling at the touch were absolutely marvelous.The problem is, though, as every miracle lasts just a little, after a few hours my face was glowing like a neon.It has become very oily, but it is maybe because i have oily skin.So I recommend this for dry, normal and combination skin types.And if you have oily skin, try using this product with a soft powder veil on top, or if you want to use it alone, then make sure you will spend no more than 3 hours away with this on :).But even after washing my face, the softness and silkiness of my skin persisted all day long.I will definitely buy it when i finish what i have now.