December 22, 2014 | 1590 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A friend had recommended this product to me but I did not want to pay the $15 pricetag. Then I found 2 bottles on clearance at Walgreens for $3.99! This is now my HG BB cream. I wear BB cream to clinical and if I am just going out for errands and such. I was using Garnier previously, which I did like, but this Lumene has a nicer, thicker consistency and better coverage. I also find that I am less shiny with the Lumene. I took off lippies for the shade. There are only like 3 shades and the lightest is still a bit dark for me which is unfortunate but I make it work. Also, I find it very expensive for a drugstore BB cream. If I run out, I will only rebuy if I can find it on sale or use some coupons!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by singersongwriter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love makeupalley. Because there are a gazillion products out there and MUA just breaks it down to me. I loved this BB cream, and I love the fact that it contains vitamin C. I have normal to dry skin, dryness especially around my nose and lips. I also have some redness around the nose. I use this cream after my morning routine of argan oil, and wow, my skin looks flawless..! I'm glad I heard about these BB creams, I don't wear foundation and stuff on my face unless I'm going for a night out, because I like to let my skin breathe and not get clogged with gooey stuff. This doesn't give me that clogging feeling, it blends so nice into the skin and leaves a healthy glow to my face, but matte still. And it makes my skin even softer! It's so light that it's basicly like not wearing anything at all but still gives perfect buildable coverage - just the way I like it. I also bought the CC cream (it was released this summer I think), which is less "hydrating" and lighter, I guess it'll be great for summer. Also perfect coverage without showing!

Btw, I don't know my skin tone but I bought the BB cream in light and the CC cream in medium and they're pretty similar - it seems like the BB cream in medium is darker than the CC cream in medium and while the BB cream in light was perfect for me (when I'm not sun tanned), the CC cream in light is too light for my skin.

Will be repurchasing definitely, and won't be changing BB cream - if it ain't broke (and it's flawless), don't fix it :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by DARBSI

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I had a coupon and am into the bb creams and I have to say I really love it. For a drug store brand this had very good coverage and color for me was a match in the medium which is hard to find since I have olive tones and always a bit darker than just a medium shade. It felt oily as day went on. I liked it but wish it didn't feel greasy on my face. I would recommend it on much dryer skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used pretty much only Asian bbcreams because I didn't trust the very fake Americanized ones. I actually love a few products from Lumene and have heard great things about this bbcream and have it on my face today.

The consistency is thin but not watery. Good pigmentation! Probably the same as my Missha perfect skin bbcream which is much thicker (which I don't mind but thinner with the same coverage would be great for summer wear!). I also love the light shade it's pretty warm/neutral toned for a light which is perfect for me. However if you are anything paler or darker than the medium shade (yes two shades as a lot of Asian bbcreams have, a lot only come in 1) its probably not for you. I saw a swatch of the lumene cc cream light and it was very pasty looking, though I am fair I am not that fair and that cream would wash out the face.

It feels very light and natural. Very soft and hydrating to the touch. The packaging also very sleek and compact great for travel (I'm going to London and January and this will be perfect to pack as foundation).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Amazing amazing amazing. This may be my HG bb cream. I have a bunch of samples of the Korean ones to try but this one is amazing. It goes on so smooth and light, looks amazing. Does not highlight pores or fine lines. Everything is blurred. The texture isn't overly siliconey either, just fresh. The light is a bit dark for my super pale skin so I mix it with a little bit of Manic Panic Dreamtone white and it is fine. No offensive perfumey smell. I don't think it is pink at all, I think the color is quite warm, actually. I'm stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bigredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I was using Garnier BB for combo skin (Also pretty good!)I tried this and I really like it! The second ingredient is ascorbic acid (Vit C) So I expect my skin to improve over time as well!! Went on smooth with a foundation brush (e.l.f flat powder brush works like an airbrush, better than a stippling brush!) Set with a powder of your choice and WA-LAA...Imperfections and discolorations BLURRED...My skin apears much more BETTERER!!! Try it for yourself, most places will take it back if you hate it...just keep the receipt!...;)
P.S...The color seemed kind of pink, though the brush really helps to blur the make up right into the skin so it looked natural when I finished!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

The product works well. The color is simply too dark and orange, so it is useless. It doesn't match natural skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth, not pasty like other BB creams I've tried. This one requires only a thin layer for great coverage. My skin has actually broken out less since I've started using this - don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'll take it to mean that it definitely does not cause breakouts. I love the slight clean scent. Will definitely buy this again at only $15. Changed this to a four from a five - I realized it's not moisturizing enough and the color isn't quite right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Love it -- smooth, creamy but not greasy in application. Blends easily with fingertips. Been using it for months with no complaints, other than winter is coming, I'm getting paler, and I'm already using the lightest shade I can find this stuff in, and it's a smidge too dark. It was great for summer, though, and with a pat of super light powder on top it might take me through winter without being too dark. So my one wish is a greater variety of shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best non-Korean BB cream I've tried so far. The shade selection is limited, but the Light works for me, especially in the summer (when I go from NC 15 to NC 20ish). The coverage is light, but smooths out my skin just enough for everyday wear. It is best rubbed in with fingers, and dries to a slightly dewy finish that got me more compliments than higher end products. I've also mixed it with a couple of drops of a more pigmented foundation with good results. It lasts several hours, though of course after 5 or so hours the shiny effect sets in a little on my forehead, but that's more my skin than anything else. Would repurchase, without a doubt.