July 22, 2014 | 2125 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bigredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! I was using Garnier BB for combo skin (Also pretty good!)I tried this and I really like it! The second ingredient is ascorbic acid (Vit C) So I expect my skin to improve over time as well!! Went on smooth with a foundation brush (e.l.f flat powder brush works like an airbrush, better than a stippling brush!) Set with a powder of your choice and WA-LAA...Imperfections and discolorations BLURRED...My skin apears much more BETTERER!!! Try it for yourself, most places will take it back if you hate it...just keep the receipt!...;)
P.S...The color seemed kind of pink, though the brush really helps to blur the make up right into the skin so it looked natural when I finished!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by thebigtrout

The product works well. The color is simply too dark and orange, so it is useless. It doesn't match natural skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goes on smooth, not pasty like other BB creams I've tried. This one requires only a thin layer for great coverage. My skin has actually broken out less since I've started using this - don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I'll take it to mean that it definitely does not cause breakouts. I love the slight clean scent. Will definitely buy this again at only $15. Changed this to a four from a five - I realized it's not moisturizing enough and the color isn't quite right.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mollypop5

Love it -- smooth, creamy but not greasy in application. Blends easily with fingertips. Been using it for months with no complaints, other than winter is coming, I'm getting paler, and I'm already using the lightest shade I can find this stuff in, and it's a smidge too dark. It was great for summer, though, and with a pat of super light powder on top it might take me through winter without being too dark. So my one wish is a greater variety of shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Fiammetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best non-Korean BB cream I've tried so far. The shade selection is limited, but the Light works for me, especially in the summer (when I go from NC 15 to NC 20ish). The coverage is light, but smooths out my skin just enough for everyday wear. It is best rubbed in with fingers, and dries to a slightly dewy finish that got me more compliments than higher end products. I've also mixed it with a couple of drops of a more pigmented foundation with good results. It lasts several hours, though of course after 5 or so hours the shiny effect sets in a little on my forehead, but that's more my skin than anything else. Would repurchase, without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Love this! I've been using either Maybelline or Garnier for a drugstore BB cream but the Garnier one is a little on the greasy side (and the for oily skin version of it is just disgusting on my skin) and the Maybelline one doesn't provide as much coverage as I would like. Most other drugstore BB creams (and BB creams in general) contain a bunch of silicones which my skin reacts horribly too.

So I got this at Walgreens. I think I paid $10, on sale. The color selection is poor. They only carry light and medium. The light appears to be what most other BB creams consider medium. This is what I purchased. Thankfully the colors works just fine for my skin.

I like the ingredient list. I like the anti-aging factor. I like the SPF. I like the texture, it is is on the thin side and doesn't feel too greasy. It is fast setting and fast absorbing, so I work it into each area of my face separately.

I adore the finish of this BB cream. It's absolutely perfect. Not greasy and shiny but not completely mattifying either. My skin looks like it has a natural glow from within. Even if I look at my skin in my 10x magnifying mirror after applying this (a magnification power that no one should be investigating their skin at lol), my skin looks really good. The same can't be said for Garnier/Maybelline.

I don't turn into an oil slick quickly with this. It stays looking pretty nice as the day wears on. I don't find myself worrying about touch ups. So far I can't find a single reason why I wouldn't repurchase this. I think it is my new go to BB cream.

Update: I have continued to use this every day and can't see myself tiring of it. No breakouts from it at all. I'm so thrilled to have given this a shot. If you're having trouble finding a drugstore BB product for oilier skin, stop by Walgreens and give this one a shot if one of the 2 shades will play nice with your skin tone. Awesome product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:39:00 AM More reviews by andaa252000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received a sample from Kicks shop and i put it on.I was really amazed by this product.I had previously bought a Clinique bb cream shich feels sticky and thick and not moist, and when i tried this on, i regreted that i hadn't bought it instead.First of all, the price is very convenient.Secondly, out of all my mositurizing products I have (and believe me, i have plenty of creams and serums from big brands), this product made my skin look and feel like baby face.I couldn't believe it!The texture, the colour, the feeling at the touch were absolutely marvelous.The problem is, though, as every miracle lasts just a little, after a few hours my face was glowing like a neon.It has become very oily, but it is maybe because i have oily skin.So I recommend this for dry, normal and combination skin types.And if you have oily skin, try using this product with a soft powder veil on top, or if you want to use it alone, then make sure you will spend no more than 3 hours away with this on :).But even after washing my face, the softness and silkiness of my skin persisted all day long.I will definitely buy it when i finish what i have now.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ridemebigsheIdon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my first forays into BB creams and I'm happy to say it's my favorite one. A little about me: N20, combo/dry. After scanning the reviews here, I decided that "01" would be my best bet for a color - and I was right. I had it stored in my cart on Amazon for about $25 but took a gamble and searched eBay for it before purchasing - lucky me, I found it for $11 free ship. The container is quite simple, I like the cream tube with orange accents. It's also quite a hefty tube size for its cost - eBay or otherwise.

I heard the colors ran awfully dark/warm. So you can imagine when I swiped some on my hand and saw a nearly-orange smoosh of product appear. I was so afraid this would look horrible - mask like. I took a dive and wore it and somehow, it became one with my face. No line of demarcation. No oxidation. I didn't set it, either - I'm really down with the natural/dewy appearance lately. I will also say that this BB cream dries EXTREMELY FAST. Work in small areas because as soon as you dab some on your face, it begins to set. Since it sets so fast, I notice that it wears very well in the Georgia heat. I haven't experienced any backlashes with my skin, either. It's awfully tempestuous - I've been on Accutane a handful of times. Seems like this one fits the bill, though. I also like the scent. Lightly citrusy. I also like these smells since I have other Vitamin C facial products.

I'd definitely buy this again - once the tube actually nears its last drops!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

The spf 20 is nice, but I didn't notice any illuminating quality and I got very oily after about an hour and I don't have oily skin! I tried using a powder over this and it just got cakey. You also need to work quickly when applying it, it loses its slip very fast. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by herbgurl82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite like this BB cream, which I use in the shade 01 Light. It offers light coverage without looking too overdone. I love the orange scent! It is a teeny bit expensive, and is occasionally hard to blend, but otherwise once topped with some powder, (I use the Wet n Wild Coverall powder in 821B Fair, applied with a kabuki brush), it looks quite nice. It does feel a bit tacky on the skin though, and you have to be quick to blend! I suggest doing your face in sections when applying this, rather then putting on your whole face then blending.

Edit: the packaging occasionally gets on my nerves, particularly the opening that is the size of a pin. I docked a lipstick for that.