November 22, 2014 | 1688 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by yulsgules

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was really excited when I bought this because the reviews here were so good but this product is just really mediocre for the price and for what it claims to do. I've used it for the past few weeks and it makes me look paler, takes away from the finish of the foundation, has shimmer in it which I don't think a setting powder should have, and does not make my foundation last that much longer--compared to MUFE HD, it makes my forehead oily halfway through the day, and not in a "dewey" way. It does blur fine lines just a little bit on my forehead, but that's pretty much the only positive and I don't think that's worth $34. If you have the cash to splurge on it, go ahead, but it's not a product that I feel I'd reach for every single day. I'll stick to my deluxe sample of MUFE HD which was free and will last me a really, really long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder. It's hands down my HG setting powder and I've tried many different ones. I used to actually dread powdering my face after foundation because I found it always took away the beautiful finish my foundation gave me and instead left me looking indefinitely powdered but I had to powder for my makeup to stay on so not powdering was not an option.. now I actually like powdering my face, with this it enhances the look of my foundation. This also works amazing to set under eye concealer, concealer will not crease at all. Please, try this!
TEXTURE:
super, incredibly finely milled. Finer than any setting powder I've ever tried. It's very light and you can't feel it on the skin. It feels so soft and smooth on the skin, like baby skin.
FINISH:
Beautiful not powdery at all. The least powdery looking setting powder. Trust me, I have a heavy hand with powder (I just like my makeup really set) and it never looks powdery, flat, or dull. It also never gives me a white cast in real life or photos. It has very very fine micro shimmers that aren't really noticeable on the skin, it just gives a diffused effect and looks more natural instead of powdered. It's completely translucent and blends seamlessly into my skin (I'm an NC35-NC40). It blurs lines and pores nicely. My skin will never be flawless but it looks a lot closer with this powder.
WEAR POWER:
Amazing. The best part is that's its not drying at all, I used this when my skin was extremely dehydrated and dry from irritation and this didn't dry me out even more. Yet now that my skin is combination (I have a very oily nose and cheeks) it still combats oil just as well as Tarte Micronized Clay powder, but this doesn't dry out your skin like the Tarte which in turn causes your skin to get more oily so technically this does a better job at oil control then the Tarte. My makeup lasts so long with this yet feels comfortable and my makeup looks really great for 14+ hours and when it does start to get oily its only slightly and doesn't look too bad.
BEST APPLICATION METHOD:
Flat top powder brush like the elf studio brush or with a powder puff and gently pressed into the skin after foundation has completely set.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Its been a while since I felt the need to sing praises of a MU product. Since I read the review from Temptalia I knew this was my answer to ghostly flash pictures. Im happy to say that this loose powder beats MUFE in my book (which makes you look like a geisha in photos), and it controls oil while adding a "glow" to your skin. I apply it sparingly with a large fluffy face powder brush on top my Clinique Pore Refining liquid foundation. I bought it during the Sephora BI 15% off sale and although it is quite pricey I think its worth it because it will last a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

Still not sure how i feel about this. I had been using the pressed version of bare escentuals mineral veil and really like it. but since I had heard so much about this powder, i had to buy and try it out. honestly, i'm not really sure if it's any better or worse than my mineral veil. I think for the price, i'll just stick to my mineral veil if i ever run out of nars lrp since i can't tell that it's significantly better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this setting powder, It is good at keeping my face oil free, so good that it is slightly on the over-drying side. I did not really notice the light reflecting effect, but did notice it leaves the face looking paler. Not my HG and will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by mu_atalltimes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this with the hopes of a smooth, non cakey look and find it creates a ghostly look. I used it soooo lightly just to subdue any shiny areas and I still am not happy with the final results. It appears to take away the dewy look from my foundation.I will keep trying using different methods in hopes to achieve a polished look and not feeling like I wasted alot of money. If I can't get that effect its back to my GA micro.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder in February, and was reasonably pleased with the finish and the fact that it doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin. Now I am on vacation in the Caribbean, and I brought the powder thinking it would be a good choice in the heat and humidity. Not so, and I will be interested to read more reviews as the weather heats up everywhere. It does strange tricks, this powder. About a half hour after application, my face look like a total oil slick, yet my face feels totally matte. It's really, really strange. The oily look is not flattering on me. I think I will stick with my MAC Blot in the hotter weather. I will use this up in the cooler months, just to use it up, but to be honest I really don't find it any more special than other powders I've used.

Tip: When you open the powder for the first time, don't completely peel off the little sticker over the shaker holes. Just peel it halfway off and that way you won't have too much spilling out and making a mess.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 5:06:00 AM More reviews by soups12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have nothing but praise for this product. At first I thought this whole reflecting powder thing was a gimmick but wow this stuff is incredible. I feel like a million dollars when I wear this over my makeup. It gives my dry and dull (NC37) skin this instant glow without being obvious and powdery. I was fearful that like most translucent powders, it would show up white but rest assured it doesn't!. I've tried this on my mother's mature (nc42) skin and it looks great. This is one product I would recommend to everyone, it is definitely worth the investment!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lavanity

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the loose one and it is very moisturizing. Even after washing my face, my face is still hydrated. My only negative would be that it seemed to lighten my face with a slight whiteish cast.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the loose powder. I got this because I read somewhere that it's not drying. I need something like that because I'm on retin-A treatment and that dries my skin like nothing else. I like this a lot. It holds shine at bay for a looooong time, but it does not make me look powdery. I like it better than MUFE HD powder because that one is somehow very slippery (sounds goofy, but that's the best way I can explain it). I have to pile blush on to get any color. Don't get that with NARS's powder. No color at all and no smell. No glitter, either. Expensive, but worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No