September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better BB creams that I've tried. I got mine in a Today's special value set from Qvc.com. I'm not impressed w/the brush that it came with but the actual BB cream is good. It's a much different consistency compared to other BB's, it's a moose like texture and if you apply it on top of dry skin, it will not be flattering. So make sure that ur very moisturized before hand. I actually still use a primer before as well, even though it claims to be a primer too. I still like to use an actual primer before hand to prevent any dry areas from showing on my combination skin. This strategy seems to be working out well w/this BB. IMO it drys to a soft, matte-powder looking finish that I really like. Some people like to wear this underneath their foundation but I actually use it as a medium coverage foundation. The coverage is that good. It's very lightweight & feels quite nice on the skin. I use the light shade and it is just a tad to dark for me. So just keep in mind that the shades tend to be on the darker side. I'm definitely not fair skinned, I always wear "light" shades & not "fair" but w/this BB I might try the fair shade cause it tends to run dark. I really enjoy this BB cream & highly recommend it! Great coverage from a lightweight BB cream!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this BB cream, i use it every day, i love that it has SPF 30 and the tint in medium is an exact match to my complexion. I use loose powder over this and my face is done, the coverage is light to medium, which is all i need, and the feel of the product is wonderful, Very happy with this I may have to buy a back up incase they decide to stop making it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from my local Sephora a while ago and bought this in Light. I'm an NC30-35 for reference. The formula itself has silicones in it which makes it quite soft when applying it to the face. However, I only apply a small amount in order to have light to medium coverage as it does seem a bit caked on if applied too much. I did not note any scent to the product. I like the packaging as it does come in a squeeze tube which is hygienic. However, because I don't use this product on a daily basis, when not used for a while, I notice that the formula separates so when I do squeeze it, it comes out as a clear liquid and then the color. So to avoid the separation, I shake the BB cream each time prior to application in order to prevent squeezing out separate liquid contents. I don't use this product every day because of the silicone content and realize that if I use this religiously, then I may break out. So I only use this product sometimes, alternating with mineral foundation. Overall, this is a good product but I most likely will not repurchase because of the silicone content and my desire to try other products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

This is a VERY good product in my opinion. It's very good for those of you girls with oily/combination skin. My skin has changed. It used to be dry, but now it's more combination. I have oily cheeks, nose, but dry chin. I like that it has SPF 30, so it's going to be good for the summer. Oh, and my mom tried this, too (she has normal to dry skin), and it still looked GREAT on her! Although I still wouldn't wear this by itself. I would wear it under moisturizer so that it will glide on more smoothly. My skin looked GLOWING with this on! On didn't look shiny, just glowy and radiant. It has very light coverage, so it didn't cover my deep under eye circles or the acne scaring on my left cheek, but that's okay. The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is the price. It's expensive! It's $34. I wish I could buy this again, but that wouldn't be too practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Usually, I do not like things loaded with silicones e.g. Benefit's Pore-fessional. I have used several primers with the "silicone feel" and I did not like a single one of them because they made my skin feel unnaturalIy smooth (like there was a strange film on top suffocating it) and did not seem to hold make up well.

Therefore, I was surprised that I liked this so much considering it contains demethicone (a type of silicone). I like this because it is slippery but once it is in contact with skin, it dries quickly and doesn't make me feel sticky or unpleasant. It has sufficient coverage for me to use as foundation as I do not have major skin issues. I would say that this could be a light coverage foundation. For those needing more coverage, this pairs well with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation.

It also holds up well..Tarte markets this as a 12-hour primer and I usually work rather long hours. I still see it on my face at the end of a long day. It also doesn't make me oilier. I have noticed that if I use too much, it will emphasise dry flakes and cake up at the sides of my nose. A small amount is really enough to cover the whole face..this is easily spreadable because of the silicones so a little should go a long way.

There is a poor shade range..only 4 colours. I am NC15 and have this in 2 colours: fair (lightest shade) and light (2nd lightest shade). The good thing is that the colours seem to be quite adaptable as I can wear both fair and light. Finding your right colour is not an exact science here especially if you're planning to use your regular foundation on top. I would describe fair as "neutral ivory" and about NC10. Light is more peach-toned and warm and probably about NC20. I'm between shades but I prefer to use fair.

Overall, I really like this! This is one of my favourite buys of 2013 :-D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Idelgado21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again if they had more shade ranges. The best thing about this product that I liked was that it left my skin extremely smooth. I find the product to be too sheer and with that being said I would have to put multiple layers on my face to build it up to where I would want it. I dont think this tube will last me a month just because the product is to sheer for me. Overall I dont think I would reccomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MissDiior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream!! I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't make me break out, also It has just enough oil in the product to keep my skin from getting dry. And I love the coverage it gives, it makes my skin look so smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by litho14p

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream made me look really dry and old! It just brought out the flaws in my skin and washed me out. I could have been on walking dead! Would not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't like this bb cream/12 hour primer. The shade range is terrible. The light shade washes me out and the medium shade is just far too dark for my nc25 skin. The coverage is pretty good for a bb cream, definitely a lot better than urban decay's naked bb cream. The wear of this bb cream/12 hour primer is wonderful. I've only worn it for 9 hours at most and it held it up pretty well. So why only three stars and why would I never repurchase? It accentuates my pores beyond belief. I've never had a product do so this badly. It's especially worse under any foundation I wear it with. On it's own, it's okay, however, I can't find a good color match so I can't get away with wearing it alone. Overall, it's not a bad product, if you can find a good color match and you're looking for a nice bb cream and a wonderful primer then go out and get this, you most likely won't regret it. However, if your pores are huge and you're an nc25 girl stay very far away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by renie777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked the texture of the product. It went on smooth and made my skin feel nice. However, the color range seems limited. The medium is too dark and the light washes me out. I sometimes feel chalky wearing it. I work outside and the product holds up pretty well. It doesn't need much touch up through out a busy day. However, I do become oily and have to apply powder. Not a bad product but I was expecting more for the price.