August 21, 2014 | 1740 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

This is a VERY good product in my opinion. It's very good for those of you girls with oily/combination skin. My skin has changed. It used to be dry, but now it's more combination. I have oily cheeks, nose, but dry chin. I like that it has SPF 30, so it's going to be good for the summer. Oh, and my mom tried this, too (she has normal to dry skin), and it still looked GREAT on her! Although I still wouldn't wear this by itself. I would wear it under moisturizer so that it will glide on more smoothly. My skin looked GLOWING with this on! On didn't look shiny, just glowy and radiant. It has very light coverage, so it didn't cover my deep under eye circles or the acne scaring on my left cheek, but that's okay. The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is the price. It's expensive! It's $34. I wish I could buy this again, but that wouldn't be too practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Usually, I do not like things loaded with silicones e.g. Benefit's Pore-fessional. I have used several primers with the "silicone feel" and I did not like a single one of them because they made my skin feel unnaturalIy smooth (like there was a strange film on top suffocating it) and did not seem to hold make up well.

Therefore, I was surprised that I liked this so much considering it contains demethicone (a type of silicone). I like this because it is slippery but once it is in contact with skin, it dries quickly and doesn't make me feel sticky or unpleasant. It has sufficient coverage for me to use as foundation as I do not have major skin issues. I would say that this could be a light coverage foundation. For those needing more coverage, this pairs well with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation.

It also holds up well..Tarte markets this as a 12-hour primer and I usually work rather long hours. I still see it on my face at the end of a long day. It also doesn't make me oilier. I have noticed that if I use too much, it will emphasise dry flakes and cake up at the sides of my nose. A small amount is really enough to cover the whole face..this is easily spreadable because of the silicones so a little should go a long way.

There is a poor shade range..only 4 colours. I am NC15 and have this in 2 colours: fair (lightest shade) and light (2nd lightest shade). The good thing is that the colours seem to be quite adaptable as I can wear both fair and light. Finding your right colour is not an exact science here especially if you're planning to use your regular foundation on top. I would describe fair as "neutral ivory" and about NC10. Light is more peach-toned and warm and probably about NC20. I'm between shades but I prefer to use fair.

Overall, I really like this! This is one of my favourite buys of 2013 :-D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Idelgado21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again if they had more shade ranges. The best thing about this product that I liked was that it left my skin extremely smooth. I find the product to be too sheer and with that being said I would have to put multiple layers on my face to build it up to where I would want it. I dont think this tube will last me a month just because the product is to sheer for me. Overall I dont think I would reccomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MissDiior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream!! I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't make me break out, also It has just enough oil in the product to keep my skin from getting dry. And I love the coverage it gives, it makes my skin look so smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by litho14p

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cream made me look really dry and old! It just brought out the flaws in my skin and washed me out. I could have been on walking dead! Would not purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't like this bb cream/12 hour primer. The shade range is terrible. The light shade washes me out and the medium shade is just far too dark for my nc25 skin. The coverage is pretty good for a bb cream, definitely a lot better than urban decay's naked bb cream. The wear of this bb cream/12 hour primer is wonderful. I've only worn it for 9 hours at most and it held it up pretty well. So why only three stars and why would I never repurchase? It accentuates my pores beyond belief. I've never had a product do so this badly. It's especially worse under any foundation I wear it with. On it's own, it's okay, however, I can't find a good color match so I can't get away with wearing it alone. Overall, it's not a bad product, if you can find a good color match and you're looking for a nice bb cream and a wonderful primer then go out and get this, you most likely won't regret it. However, if your pores are huge and you're an nc25 girl stay very far away.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by renie777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked the texture of the product. It went on smooth and made my skin feel nice. However, the color range seems limited. The medium is too dark and the light washes me out. I sometimes feel chalky wearing it. I work outside and the product holds up pretty well. It doesn't need much touch up through out a busy day. However, I do become oily and have to apply powder. Not a bad product but I was expecting more for the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by underage

I'm hot and cold about this primer. The shade range is not great especially if you're using it as a foundation (which I don't). I got fair at first and it was waaaaay too light. I went back and got light which is a lot darker. It goes on very smooth and fills in my pores. I use this under all my foundations but only in my t-zone. It seems to make my foundation last a few hours longer. I really do like this but it's pretty expensive for a small tube. I've been using the L'Oreal pink primer that comes in a pot and I feel like it's been comparable but without the color. I may purchase again if I get extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Emmulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I first tried this bb cream as a small sample and was astonished by how amazingly smooth it is on my skin. I bought the full size version and use it every day. I have severely dry skin and my skin just eats it up. I use this as my only foundation, and it really does stay put. I really love it, and I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

I love this product so much that I am saving it only for special occasions!:-) This makes my skin look so plump and fresh. Flawless indeed!!!:-)