December 19, 2014 | 1177 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by wendy1021

I love this bb cream. I have oily skin and I use this everyday. I use it as a foundation and top it off with nyx stay matte not flat powder. I do not get oily with this combo. love this!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I will put it this way, if you have clear smooth skin and need some coverage/protection, this is great.

This is definitely more of a primer vs. a BB. I wear this then top it off with some powder foundation for more coverage. It's good to get rid of some redness, but I don't find this to fill in my pores at all. It actually makes them more noticeable.

The thing I like the most about this would be the light feel and ease of application. That's mostly it but I won't be repurchasing this again. There are definitely better primers and BB creams out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by aaaq8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have super oily, fair, neutral skin. I use this in Fair. I do wish they had more shades of this, as the fair is almost too light for my skin, but the next shade down is significantly darker. My face is mostly clear, but has some redness and discoloration, so I use this as a BB cream rather than just a primer. If I moisturize, spray with Urban Decay de-slick setting spray, apply this, set with Tarte Smoother Operator setting powder, and then spray the de-slick again, my face will stay matte for a LONG time (over 8 hours) without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. That is really the best results I've been able to get, because I have extremely oily skin year-round. If I use this without setting spray or powder I will stay matte for about 4 hours, which is also pretty good for me. I also appreciate that it has SPF because I hate wearing suncreen.

It's expensive, but you really don't have to use much of this product. In fact, it will start to look bad if you do. If you need medium coverage this isn't going to work as a BB cream for you, because the product is not very buildable. It seems too expensive to use as just a primer, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by prettydarncute

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this product with another product I purchased and didn't even use it for a couple of months. Was a surprise it was. With it being tinted i use less of my foundation. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This could be an HG product for me, IF ONLY it didn't break me out. I have extremely acne-prone skin and it only takes a few uses for me to break out from a new product. I've had very good skin lately (which is a huge win for me since I battle with raging hormonal acne) so I was disappointed when after only 2 days of wear, this stuff caused 4 large cystic acne spots on my face.

Other than the breakout issue, the reason this could be HG for me is that it makes my foundation last all day and keeps me looking fresh & natural. I normally blot about 3x/day, but when I wear this, I barely have to blot 1x. It gives a very natural finish to the skin, like I'm not really wearing foundation. It also made my blush stay on extremely well which is a hard job for any of my other primers to do.

I got the color Light and surprisingly, it's too dark. I'm about NC25 right now and this was about an NC30 color. The Fair shade looked a bit too pink/light so unfortunately I just had to live with it for the few days I wore it.

So sad I'll have to return it, but I can't sacrifice relatively good skin for a primer. I'll go back to my Loreal miracle blur or Revlon PR primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer much too thick, and is not a great product for the price. Not enough range of colours, not worth it at all.

Tarte has a better product, which is only $1 or $2 more expensive depending where you live, the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen. If you are deciding between the two, don't get the primer! The tinted moisturizer is fantastic and smooth and soft, so, stay away from the primer. They do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by LovelyLisXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an OK product. They need to have a wider range of shades. I am a neutral medium skin tone and the "medium" shade is too dark but it was the closest I could get. In the sephora lighting it looked right and summer was approaching so I convinced myself a nice tan would help it match my skin tone better.
I now only use it occasionally, when I want it to look like I went tanning or just got back from vacation.
The packaging could be better. Every time I squeeze the tube, way too much product squirts out. It's a waste.
The application goes on very smoothly and leaves your skin feeling really soft. However, the formula is just too thick and heavy for me.
This is not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lizzybnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this over the summer, but waited on writing a review to see how this would work on winter skin. Enthusiastic two thumbs up. I have oily, sensitive skin-- to the point where I can't wear moisturizer during the day for most of the year, and I don't go anywhere without blotting paper. One of my main problems during the summer, naturally, is keeping makeup on my face without running to the ladies' room every hour AND how to keep my face protected with SPF without it becoming a greasy mess. So, this stuff has become my holy grail-- I used it during the summer as a light-coverage foundation, with just a bit of the finishing powder on top, and it gave me a nice, matte, even complexion. with SPF to boot! I do agree that it's a little dark- I bought the "light" which was OK for the summer, but I find it a little too dark on my paler winter skin.
Now, for the fall/winter: my cheeks *do* dry out a bit as the weather changes, and I also apply retin-a to my face a few times a week. The only change I've made in the past few months is to add a tiny bit of either moisturizer, OR the illuminating primer below this. I've continued to wear the BB cream as my foundation, with a bit of concealer wherever needed. I've noticed that it does a good job of concealing pores, and I think the texture of my skin has improved from using it.
Downside, like with many products, is the tube. Since it's expensive, I wanted to get all of it out of the tube, and the only way to really do that I've found is to cut the tube in half and use a Q-tip to get the remaining cream out. There's actually quite a lot remaining-- I got another week or more of use by doing this. You can nestle one of the ends inside the other-- though not the best, and a little messy, it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better BB creams that I've tried. I got mine in a Today's special value set from Qvc.com. I'm not impressed w/the brush that it came with but the actual BB cream is good. It's a much different consistency compared to other BB's, it's a moose like texture and if you apply it on top of dry skin, it will not be flattering. So make sure that ur very moisturized before hand. I actually still use a primer before as well, even though it claims to be a primer too. I still like to use an actual primer before hand to prevent any dry areas from showing on my combination skin. This strategy seems to be working out well w/this BB. IMO it drys to a soft, matte-powder looking finish that I really like. Some people like to wear this underneath their foundation but I actually use it as a medium coverage foundation. The coverage is that good. It's very lightweight & feels quite nice on the skin. I use the light shade and it is just a tad to dark for me. So just keep in mind that the shades tend to be on the darker side. I'm definitely not fair skinned, I always wear "light" shades & not "fair" but w/this BB I might try the fair shade cause it tends to run dark. I really enjoy this BB cream & highly recommend it! Great coverage from a lightweight BB cream!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this BB cream, i use it every day, i love that it has SPF 30 and the tint in medium is an exact match to my complexion. I use loose powder over this and my face is done, the coverage is light to medium, which is all i need, and the feel of the product is wonderful, Very happy with this I may have to buy a back up incase they decide to stop making it!