October 25, 2014 | 937 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by corabain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This primer much too thick, and is not a great product for the price. Not enough range of colours, not worth it at all.

Tarte has a better product, which is only $1 or $2 more expensive depending where you live, the Amazonian clay BB tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 sunscreen. If you are deciding between the two, don't get the primer! The tinted moisturizer is fantastic and smooth and soft, so, stay away from the primer. They do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by LovelyLisXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just an OK product. They need to have a wider range of shades. I am a neutral medium skin tone and the "medium" shade is too dark but it was the closest I could get. In the sephora lighting it looked right and summer was approaching so I convinced myself a nice tan would help it match my skin tone better.
I now only use it occasionally, when I want it to look like I went tanning or just got back from vacation.
The packaging could be better. Every time I squeeze the tube, way too much product squirts out. It's a waste.
The application goes on very smoothly and leaves your skin feeling really soft. However, the formula is just too thick and heavy for me.
This is not the product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lizzybnyc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this over the summer, but waited on writing a review to see how this would work on winter skin. Enthusiastic two thumbs up. I have oily, sensitive skin-- to the point where I can't wear moisturizer during the day for most of the year, and I don't go anywhere without blotting paper. One of my main problems during the summer, naturally, is keeping makeup on my face without running to the ladies' room every hour AND how to keep my face protected with SPF without it becoming a greasy mess. So, this stuff has become my holy grail-- I used it during the summer as a light-coverage foundation, with just a bit of the finishing powder on top, and it gave me a nice, matte, even complexion. with SPF to boot! I do agree that it's a little dark- I bought the "light" which was OK for the summer, but I find it a little too dark on my paler winter skin.
Now, for the fall/winter: my cheeks *do* dry out a bit as the weather changes, and I also apply retin-a to my face a few times a week. The only change I've made in the past few months is to add a tiny bit of either moisturizer, OR the illuminating primer below this. I've continued to wear the BB cream as my foundation, with a bit of concealer wherever needed. I've noticed that it does a good job of concealing pores, and I think the texture of my skin has improved from using it.
Downside, like with many products, is the tube. Since it's expensive, I wanted to get all of it out of the tube, and the only way to really do that I've found is to cut the tube in half and use a Q-tip to get the remaining cream out. There's actually quite a lot remaining-- I got another week or more of use by doing this. You can nestle one of the ends inside the other-- though not the best, and a little messy, it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the better BB creams that I've tried. I got mine in a Today's special value set from Qvc.com. I'm not impressed w/the brush that it came with but the actual BB cream is good. It's a much different consistency compared to other BB's, it's a moose like texture and if you apply it on top of dry skin, it will not be flattering. So make sure that ur very moisturized before hand. I actually still use a primer before as well, even though it claims to be a primer too. I still like to use an actual primer before hand to prevent any dry areas from showing on my combination skin. This strategy seems to be working out well w/this BB. IMO it drys to a soft, matte-powder looking finish that I really like. Some people like to wear this underneath their foundation but I actually use it as a medium coverage foundation. The coverage is that good. It's very lightweight & feels quite nice on the skin. I use the light shade and it is just a tad to dark for me. So just keep in mind that the shades tend to be on the darker side. I'm definitely not fair skinned, I always wear "light" shades & not "fair" but w/this BB I might try the fair shade cause it tends to run dark. I really enjoy this BB cream & highly recommend it! Great coverage from a lightweight BB cream!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this BB cream, i use it every day, i love that it has SPF 30 and the tint in medium is an exact match to my complexion. I use loose powder over this and my face is done, the coverage is light to medium, which is all i need, and the feel of the product is wonderful, Very happy with this I may have to buy a back up incase they decide to stop making it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this from my local Sephora a while ago and bought this in Light. I'm an NC30-35 for reference. The formula itself has silicones in it which makes it quite soft when applying it to the face. However, I only apply a small amount in order to have light to medium coverage as it does seem a bit caked on if applied too much. I did not note any scent to the product. I like the packaging as it does come in a squeeze tube which is hygienic. However, because I don't use this product on a daily basis, when not used for a while, I notice that the formula separates so when I do squeeze it, it comes out as a clear liquid and then the color. So to avoid the separation, I shake the BB cream each time prior to application in order to prevent squeezing out separate liquid contents. I don't use this product every day because of the silicone content and realize that if I use this religiously, then I may break out. So I only use this product sometimes, alternating with mineral foundation. Overall, this is a good product but I most likely will not repurchase because of the silicone content and my desire to try other products :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by TGonz

This is a VERY good product in my opinion. It's very good for those of you girls with oily/combination skin. My skin has changed. It used to be dry, but now it's more combination. I have oily cheeks, nose, but dry chin. I like that it has SPF 30, so it's going to be good for the summer. Oh, and my mom tried this, too (she has normal to dry skin), and it still looked GREAT on her! Although I still wouldn't wear this by itself. I would wear it under moisturizer so that it will glide on more smoothly. My skin looked GLOWING with this on! On didn't look shiny, just glowy and radiant. It has very light coverage, so it didn't cover my deep under eye circles or the acne scaring on my left cheek, but that's okay. The reason why I only gave it 4 stars is the price. It's expensive! It's $34. I wish I could buy this again, but that wouldn't be too practical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Usually, I do not like things loaded with silicones e.g. Benefit's Pore-fessional. I have used several primers with the "silicone feel" and I did not like a single one of them because they made my skin feel unnaturalIy smooth (like there was a strange film on top suffocating it) and did not seem to hold make up well.

Therefore, I was surprised that I liked this so much considering it contains demethicone (a type of silicone). I like this because it is slippery but once it is in contact with skin, it dries quickly and doesn't make me feel sticky or unpleasant. It has sufficient coverage for me to use as foundation as I do not have major skin issues. I would say that this could be a light coverage foundation. For those needing more coverage, this pairs well with the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation.

It also holds up well..Tarte markets this as a 12-hour primer and I usually work rather long hours. I still see it on my face at the end of a long day. It also doesn't make me oilier. I have noticed that if I use too much, it will emphasise dry flakes and cake up at the sides of my nose. A small amount is really enough to cover the whole face..this is easily spreadable because of the silicones so a little should go a long way.

There is a poor shade range..only 4 colours. I am NC15 and have this in 2 colours: fair (lightest shade) and light (2nd lightest shade). The good thing is that the colours seem to be quite adaptable as I can wear both fair and light. Finding your right colour is not an exact science here especially if you're planning to use your regular foundation on top. I would describe fair as "neutral ivory" and about NC10. Light is more peach-toned and warm and probably about NC20. I'm between shades but I prefer to use fair.

Overall, I really like this! This is one of my favourite buys of 2013 :-D

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Idelgado21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would buy this product again if they had more shade ranges. The best thing about this product that I liked was that it left my skin extremely smooth. I find the product to be too sheer and with that being said I would have to put multiple layers on my face to build it up to where I would want it. I dont think this tube will last me a month just because the product is to sheer for me. Overall I dont think I would reccomend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by MissDiior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream!! I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't make me break out, also It has just enough oil in the product to keep my skin from getting dry. And I love the coverage it gives, it makes my skin look so smooth.