July 28, 2014 | 1409 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by xxojess78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this at Wal-Mart and I was so excited to try out this product! Very nice packaging and smells amazing! (if you want your face to smell that is). I got home and tried it and I loved it! But the next day when I reached for it, my face instantly got itchy...I thought I was just adjusting to the product but as the night went on I saw blotches of red on my face.
Let me tell you, I have NEVER broke out from a product like this before...it was horrible. Four days later, my skin is still red, blotchy and hurts! :(
don't buy this product :(

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MermaidInOhio

I originally have this a pretty good review... But I take it back This broke my face out soo bad. It took weeks to clear up completely, and my skin typically doesn't get many breakouts. My cheeks got very red and dry. They kind of burned and got a bumpy kind of rash. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by TeaLeafEmpress

I bought the "Light to Medium" BB cream today to use with the Fresh Effects shine control face wash. My skin tone is like Jennifer Lopez' however, I am prone to light break-outs (my skin is combination and rarely 100% clear) so I am always looking for a good product that is oil free and isn't going to break me out or make my face shinier in my T-Zone while also keeping the areas around my jaw and lips moisturized.

I spotted the Olay BB cream at CVS for 12.99
I liked the packaging- It seems to be geared at a slightly younger age group (13-20?) I guess since most Olay products are geared towards Anti-aging, and the more sophisticated ladies, they decided to put this out. However, it could really be for any age.

I used the wash as directed, and then patted my face dry and used the BB cream right away while my pores were still open. When I squeezed some of the product out on the back of my hand it appeared lighter than I expected -however- once I begin to put it on my face it blended seamlessly. I saw a few other reviews stating that they felt that the texture of it was greasy, but in my opinion it was very smooth, light weight, and not greasy at all. I have tried Loreal's BB creme and it felt gritty- Olay's is much better.

It has a light scent which smells nice. It's not overpowering, but it is noticeable.

Now that it's dry and has set. It give my skin a light dewy look (without making it appear oily) My blemishes have not totally disappeared, but that isn't what I was expecting anyway as it is not full coverage. I feel that it's a good in between product to use daily. Maybe if you don't want to wear heavy make up every day or for work, this is perfect. OR it could serve as a primer before you add a more full coverage foundation, or powder. It's not cakey in the least. Very smooth and natural look. Even in horrible fluorescent lighting, you could easily get away with not even looking like you have make up on.

I'm definitely using this from now on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I really liked this one as well. I have to say it's shocking, though, that there's only two shades and I was in this range. Like the first reviewer, I'm on the darker side of NC25 and this worked well. It's hydrating but not overly so. Again, like someone else said, dry skin like mine will will need a moisturizer. SPF 15 is adequate but on the low side. I'll update as I use more.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mama2chloe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this. I use it in the fair to light though. The light medium is a little too dark. I knocked off one lippie because I was using Maybelline's BB cream and it seemed to cover better. But this has more product and better sun protection so I'm using it with some extra concealer and finish with Mineral Veil (I got a sample for Xmas). I'm pleased.
Update- 1/26/13
I haven't been using this for long and have decided I am going to go back to Maybelline's Dream Fresh. It has caused my to break out and it doesn't have much pigment. Doesn't blur imperfections like I would like it to.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by VicklePickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this so far. It has SPF 15 with avobenzone for UVA protection, dimethicone to fill in pores and wrinkles, and has a nice matte (but not TOO) matte finish on my combination skin. It's hydrating like their Regenerist serum, but really dry skin will need a moisturizer with this.

It also has niacinamide, which has been a lifesaver for my irritated, flaky skin (from using a retinoid). It's the third ingredient, so I feel like this bb cream actually has skin care benefits for me. As a side note, when my skin was raw and irritated niacinamide stung at first, but after one week i noticed a major soothing effect. I had no stinging or irritation from this. It has fragrance, but its very subtle and pleasant.

I am on the darker side of NC20, and the light/medium shade is way too dark and yellow for me. I would say it would be perfect for an NC 30 or darker. It has no pink or peach undertones and no sparkles.

This has very sheer coverage, so I've switched to revlon's nearly naked foundation. The finish of this is a lot like a silicone primer.

You're getting 2.5 oz, so this is a great price since tm's are usually only 1 oz.

It seemed to cake up a little when I applied it next to an area I'd already applied it (where the side of my chin meets the edge of my cheek). I probably just need to apply faster.

Update: Exchanged for the fair/light and it's perfect. It'd definitely work for an NC15 to 20 IMO. Not pink or peach in tone. I still like this, but am still struggling with applying this quickly enough so that I don't have the patchiness problem.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No