August 20, 2014 | 1064 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I have lots of lipbalms/ chapsticks. My main favorite as far as results go is the standard CARMEX but its smells and tastes super gross. I love Nivea lotions so I was interested in these. I got the Macadamia Vanilla one. It smells like cookie dough, i wanted to eat it. The texture is very smooth and creamy, quite luxurious as well. Not waxy or sticky. The amount you get very appropriate for the price and i love the little tin container it comes in. They also have a variety of flavors. I started putting this one before bed every night and my lips are soooo soft without the funky smell and taste of Carmex! This may have replaced my Carmex actually. Very pleased with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nurisonnenblume

I Love it! Every night I put this on and my lips are better than ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ham409

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I initially got the Raspberry Rose version of this lip treatment and tried it out for a day before giving it to my grandmother because her lips were dry. I remember I really liked the Raspberry Rose because the texture was so buttery and soft. I think I would have loved it. So then the day after I went in search of it again to try and get another one. Rite aid had this buy one get one free pack of Lip butters in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss so I thought I had to try it. But I don't like it as much as the Raspberry Rose. The Vanilla & Mac one did not have the same buttery soft texture as the Raspberry Rose and it didn't smell as good either. The texture of the Vanilla & Mac is very hard when you press your hands in. Also I don't like how it leaves a white cast on my lips. Anyways, it will do for the winter I guess. It's not my favorite but it will do. It does moisturize and keep my lips protected which is most important but I would not re-purchase the Vanilla & Mac lip butter. It's not as good as the raspberry, which I gave away to grandma.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by gladysk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best lip product I have ever tried ! Obssessed with it, ! I especially use it during the winter time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by princessho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great! Super moisturizing, I got in in rasberry rose and it smells so so good. Better for night use however because it does leave a white cast on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised how much I actually liked this product. It's so smooth, moisturizing and smells lovely! I have the vanilla and macadamia flavour. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the packaging. I don't like dipping my fingers in the tin and the packaging can be hard to open when my fingernails are short.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

SWOOOOOOOON!
Finally, something to compete with my beloved Jack Black lip balms. I have tried Chapstick, Carmex, Burts Bees, Blistex, and probably close to two dozen other assorted other balms and lip moisturizers and this is one of my absolute favourites.
The texture of these is amazing, a light yet buttery rich and meltingly smooth potted balm, these are in no way sticky, tacky or waxy.
A more than generous 19mLs of products (when compared to most other stick balms at 4 - 5 g), these come in adorable little flat tins and are a bargain at less than $6NZD at pretty much any supermarket (I got mine on special for 25% off, score!).
I have both Vanilla & Macadamia, which yes, smells like white chocolate (!) and Caramel Cream, which is more of a rich gourmand scent but not sickly sweet or overpowering and it doesn't linger once applied. I would love to try the Raspberry Rose but it does not appear to be available in the Southern Hemisphere, boo! :-(
Among other things, these contain shea butter and sweet almond oil, so these do add moisture but if you have really dry or chapped lips or subject to dramatic changes in temperature, you are probably going to want something more intensive and healing. Likewise, if you're outside, swimming, boating or playing a lot of outdoor sport you're likely going to prefer something with an SPF, which these do not have, so that's something to keep in mind.
I don't have any issues with these leaving a white or pale cast on my lips, I guess it depends on how much is applied - I find I really only need a dab or two and it is great for layering on top of lip stains or when other lip product has worn off and I'm too darn lazy to reapply it.
But overall, these are effective, cute, affordable, smell delicious and provide an excellent balmy texture and I adore them!
EDIT: June 2014 - just picked up Raspberry Rose from my local Countdown supermarket. It's lovely, a soft baby pink in the tin but goes on sheer/colourless, with a delicious delicate raspberry scent. Same texture and moisturizing properties as the other flavours, so I'm delighted with it. Yay!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by judyxtnguyen

I Love the Vanilla & Macadamia Nut lip butter Amazingly smells incredible, smooth and long lasting. Keeps my lips moisturised. I would purchase more of this and others ones. Favourtie!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lip balm. I was skeptical at first because I'm not a fan of petroleum based lip balms (just based on texture, not because I have issues with petroleum or mineral oil), but it thicker and less greasy/sticky than I'm used to with petroleum based lip products. II's more slick than a more butter/oil based product, but the texture is definitely somewhere in between a butter based lip product like a Body Shop lip butter and some like Rose Salve. Which makes sense, as while petrolatum is the main ingredient this product also contains shea butter and sweet almond and castor oils. It's very soft, creamy and very comfortable to wear. Does a great job softening my lips and protecting them from the cold this winter. I like this product so much that I've bought three tins to keep in different places so I always have it on hand. And it smells SO good. I bought all of mine in the Vanilla and Macadamia Nut fragrance which smells like white chocolate to me. The scent is pretty strong and somewhat lasting, so anyone sensitive to scents might be better off choosing the unscented version of this product.

The only things I don't like about this product are the packaging (just because this is in a tin and I prefer not having to apply lip balm with my fingers) or that the products leaves a sort of milky white sheen on my lips. My natural lipcolor is a super pale mauve and going any paler really makes me look dead! I can't use this outside of the house unless I put it over a lipstain/faded lipstick or if I blot it and put a lipstick over it. Not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying. I wish it were completely clear or tinted. Maybe someday if I'm feeling industrious, I'll tint it myself with melted bits of an old lipstick. Then it will be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by neelofur

amazing product!!! great for overnight use. Drink enough water and use this product for baby smooth lips!!