Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 5/13/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is nothing special about this balm that I can see. I bought the caramel flavor and it does smell delicious but that is the only good quality I've found. It's not very moisturizing, has a rather waxy texture that sits on top of lips and doesn't sink in. The main ingredient is petroleum and while it does contain several good things like shea butter and sweet almond oil, I think those are in pretty small quantities in the balm. It leaves a white cast on lips and I'm also not a fan of the little tub. I've been using it under my matte lipsticks and it's ok for that purpose but I most definitely won't be buying another one.

on 5/13/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love NIVEA products especially their lip products, they have always worked for me! I use the raspberry rose butter right now and it smells DELICIOUS, I think it is a perfect combination of two of my favorite smells. It moisturizes as all the NIVEA products do so well. The only 2 concerns might be the white cast it leaves on your lips (doesn't bother me because it fits fine with my skin/makeup) and the packaging is sometimes hard to open and it is obviously less sanitary compared to a lip balm because you are constantly dipping your fingers in it. I still love it!

on 5/6/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use raspberry rose it is the shiz. I keep it by my bed and even though I own a bunch of lip balms already, I know I'll be running to repurchase this one when it runs out. The soft pink color is fun, although I never wear it out. I'm really into this for the flavor, raspberry rose is a very unique fruity floral. No lip balm has ever came close to it's unique smell. I like that it's rich and creamy, makes a great lip treat before bed, helps me have sweet dreams. I wake up with my lips moisturized and ready to go!

on 5/3/2014 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm giving up on Nivea products. This lip butter was a total disaster (I have the Raspberry one). It smells great and it's cute and all, but its super sticky, not hydrating and leaves a white cast on the lips. I don't know how the other ones wear, maybe they're different from the one that I have but I'm extremely disappointed with this product. .

on 5/2/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good product. I've owned them all and they all smell gorgeous. More importantly, they are all moisturizing beyond belief.

Drawback: because these are so rich, they will leave a white film when applied heavily. Thus I find them best for nighttime as a lip treatment. However, they can also be used very (and I mean VERY) lightly before applying a matte lipstick to prevent the lipstick from drying out your lips. My ritual is now a very light application of Nivea Lip Butter, then lip liner, then matte lipstick, with the result being comfortable to wear, fade resistant, and very long-wearing.

Recommended.

on 4/27/2014 5:56:00 PM

I love using this for a night time routine, but to wear the raspberry kind out in public would be a disaster. It's extremely light and filmy, but it does make your lips softer than any other lip product once it has seeped in. It's better than Vaseline, but appearance wise...no thanks

on 4/22/2014 10:37:00 PM

I bought all 3 flavors on impulse at CVS, and I'm happy I did cause I love them all. They all smell delicious and make my lips super soft. I wish I could get one of these for every space in my house so I'm never without them!

Raspberry Rose- It's a pastel pink color, which surprised me because I was expecting it to be more jewel-toned, but it's not a bad thing! When you put this one on it tints your lips slightly lighter pink, and it almost seems to have a silvery shine in it. The smell is almost like Nerds candy. It's great.

Caramel Cream- This is a cream color, like the color of evaporated milk. It goes on easy, and stays for a long time. Since it's spring, this probably isn't going to be my #1 for a while, but I can easily see myself really getting into this when Fall rolls around, it's exactly the kind of thing my lips crave in Autumn! This smells exactly like what you'd assume- salted caramel, with maybe a tiny hint of apple.

Vanilla Macadamia- This one is a milky white shade. And it's definitely my favorite of the three! I find myself reaching for it all the time! The scent is very in season for spring and I basically wish my entire life smelled exactly like this lip butter. It smells delicious, like a fresh-baked batch of sugar cookies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Watching Destiny Godley on youtube and on her suggestion, I decided to buy and see what the fuss was about. Got it from amazon for about $4, although I'm sure its probably cheaper in the local drugstore. Anyway, I got Caramel Cream Kiss and even though it was smaller than I anticipated for the price(.59 oz/16.7 g), I wasn't let down. I use mines before bed and I wake up with nice, smooth and soft lips the next day. It has a very nice smell which reminds me of salted caramel which I love; it doesnt taste like anything, but I wasn't expecting that. It also contains shea butter, almond oil, glycerin and castor oil which are great for healthy skin no matter where you use them. Definitely a repurchase when I run out.

on 4/20/2014 10:36:00 PM

found this at grocery outlet for only $2! i have this in original which is scent free and flavorless. colorful design on every tin. this is a very nice, waxy/smooth moisturizing lip balm. using too much will leave a white cast on your lips though. you only really need a small amount to work and to prevent the white cast.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I adore this lip butter for overnight! I wouldn't recommend it for use during the day, or use before a lipstick, but it has definitely improved the quality of my lips when I use it every night before bed (I use the raspberry one). It does leave a white cast, which is why I only ever use it before bed, and it feels like i'm wearing a heavy lip balm so I don't use it during the day, but this product is a must have! I wake up and my lips are ready for whatever lipstick I choose.

Popular Lip Treatments