Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 5/13/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love NIVEA products especially their lip products, they have always worked for me! I use the raspberry rose butter right now and it smells DELICIOUS, I think it is a perfect combination of two of my favorite smells. It moisturizes as all the NIVEA products do so well. The only 2 concerns might be the white cast it leaves on your lips (doesn't bother me because it fits fine with my skin/makeup) and the packaging is sometimes hard to open and it is obviously less sanitary compared to a lip balm because you are constantly dipping your fingers in it. I still love it!

on 5/6/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use raspberry rose it is the shiz. I keep it by my bed and even though I own a bunch of lip balms already, I know I'll be running to repurchase this one when it runs out. The soft pink color is fun, although I never wear it out. I'm really into this for the flavor, raspberry rose is a very unique fruity floral. No lip balm has ever came close to it's unique smell. I like that it's rich and creamy, makes a great lip treat before bed, helps me have sweet dreams. I wake up with my lips moisturized and ready to go!

on 5/3/2014 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm giving up on Nivea products. This lip butter was a total disaster (I have the Raspberry one). It smells great and it's cute and all, but its super sticky, not hydrating and leaves a white cast on the lips. I don't know how the other ones wear, maybe they're different from the one that I have but I'm extremely disappointed with this product. .

on 5/2/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good product. I've owned them all and they all smell gorgeous. More importantly, they are all moisturizing beyond belief.

Drawback: because these are so rich, they will leave a white film when applied heavily. Thus I find them best for nighttime as a lip treatment. However, they can also be used very (and I mean VERY) lightly before applying a matte lipstick to prevent the lipstick from drying out your lips. My ritual is now a very light application of Nivea Lip Butter, then lip liner, then matte lipstick, with the result being comfortable to wear, fade resistant, and very long-wearing.

Recommended.

on 4/27/2014 5:56:00 PM

I love using this for a night time routine, but to wear the raspberry kind out in public would be a disaster. It's extremely light and filmy, but it does make your lips softer than any other lip product once it has seeped in. It's better than Vaseline, but appearance wise...no thanks

on 4/22/2014 10:37:00 PM

I bought all 3 flavors on impulse at CVS, and I'm happy I did cause I love them all. They all smell delicious and make my lips super soft. I wish I could get one of these for every space in my house so I'm never without them!

Raspberry Rose- It's a pastel pink color, which surprised me because I was expecting it to be more jewel-toned, but it's not a bad thing! When you put this one on it tints your lips slightly lighter pink, and it almost seems to have a silvery shine in it. The smell is almost like Nerds candy. It's great.

Caramel Cream- This is a cream color, like the color of evaporated milk. It goes on easy, and stays for a long time. Since it's spring, this probably isn't going to be my #1 for a while, but I can easily see myself really getting into this when Fall rolls around, it's exactly the kind of thing my lips crave in Autumn! This smells exactly like what you'd assume- salted caramel, with maybe a tiny hint of apple.

Vanilla Macadamia- This one is a milky white shade. And it's definitely my favorite of the three! I find myself reaching for it all the time! The scent is very in season for spring and I basically wish my entire life smelled exactly like this lip butter. It smells delicious, like a fresh-baked batch of sugar cookies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Watching Destiny Godley on youtube and on her suggestion, I decided to buy and see what the fuss was about. Got it from amazon for about $4, although I'm sure its probably cheaper in the local drugstore. Anyway, I got Caramel Cream Kiss and even though it was smaller than I anticipated for the price(.59 oz/16.7 g), I wasn't let down. I use mines before bed and I wake up with nice, smooth and soft lips the next day. It has a very nice smell which reminds me of salted caramel which I love; it doesnt taste like anything, but I wasn't expecting that. It also contains shea butter, almond oil, glycerin and castor oil which are great for healthy skin no matter where you use them. Definitely a repurchase when I run out.

on 4/20/2014 10:36:00 PM

found this at grocery outlet for only $2! i have this in original which is scent free and flavorless. colorful design on every tin. this is a very nice, waxy/smooth moisturizing lip balm. using too much will leave a white cast on your lips though. you only really need a small amount to work and to prevent the white cast.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I adore this lip butter for overnight! I wouldn't recommend it for use during the day, or use before a lipstick, but it has definitely improved the quality of my lips when I use it every night before bed (I use the raspberry one). It does leave a white cast, which is why I only ever use it before bed, and it feels like i'm wearing a heavy lip balm so I don't use it during the day, but this product is a must have! I wake up and my lips are ready for whatever lipstick I choose.

on 4/15/2014 8:44:00 PM

They look cute, but do nothing for my lips. Nivea's tube lip balms are much more effective. Applying too much will leave a white film on your lips. Tossed mine after 2 or 3 weeks. Waste of $3.

Popular Lip Treatments