October 26, 2014 | 888 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, I had really high hopes for this product. Having super oily and hooded eyelids, I have finally particular routine with the NARS primer that really seems to work. Now that primer is definitely not cheap and when I heard Wet'n'Wild's was even better at controlling oil I ran out and bought it the next day. I saw two different types and I grabbed the "For My Primas" one, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. For me, this primer is just okay. Still better than UDPP and TFSI at an unbelievable price but I still experienced fading and creasing that I wouldn't have with NARS. I will continue to try and make this work because it is such a good bargain but at this point it's not special enough for me to want to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Laurin

This stuff is amazing! I have used Urban Decay and E.L.F. primers before and even though they are normally highly rated they didn't do much to combat my extra oily eyelids. My eyeshadow always creased before and slid off halfway into the day. Prior to trying the Wet n' Wild Fergie Take on the Day primer I have never been able to successfully wear eyeliner on my upper lids--it would always end up in a line on the crease. Until now! So happy that I found this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I listened to the reviews here on this! Got it for only about $5, & it out-performs MAC's Bare Canvas Paint on me! I've had notoriously oily skin my entire life, including my lids, of course. I've now been wearing this 14 hours under standard everyday conditions (office work, errands, home, etc), & not a single eyeshadow crease in sight! Seriously, looks like I just put on my eyeshadow. MAC lasts me 10 hours max. I'm definitely buying backups of this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know I am in the minority but I was disappointed by this product. I found it did pretty much nothing for making my shadow last. I usually use UDPP or ELF Mineral primers. I love both of those. I also like NARS and Bare Escentuals primers though they aren't as long lasting on me as UD and ELF. Lorac also is great for making shadow last but makes shadows hard to blend.

The WnW primer just did nothing. It went on smoothly similar to TSFI (which also does nothing for me). It didn't feel or act like glue as other reviewers have described. Shadows blended easily and looked good. However, my shadows faded significantly after about 4 or so hours. I get all day wear with my usual primers. I actually think the shadows may have lasted longer on their own than with this primer. The colors also became slightly muddy looking as they faded.

If I find the receipt, I will return this. It's not even worth the $5 to play around with it.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ladykay09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok are people paying Urban Decay more money for something that they can get $4. This stuff is really good and does exactly what UDPP does. If you haven't tried this then you really need to asap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Koala25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this primer! It is such a great value, a fraction of the price I was paying for Urban Decay's primer potion. And it honestly works better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by BethyC123

I don't write reviews very often, but this product blew me away. I have tried several different eye shadow primers, but this is by far the best for me. I have extremely oily eyelids. Crazy oily! UDPP worked well, but I found it hard to blend shadows over it. I liked NYX HD eye shadow primer fairly well too, as well as the mineral primer from ELF, but this works far better than either of those. It has a slightly thicker feel to it, and just seems to hold back oil more effectively.

This comes in a squeeze-tube package, which is okay, but the product does tend to separate a bit. I shake the tube well and knead it a bit to mix it before I open it. I use a teeny tiny dot spread over my whole eyelid, and let it set for a few minutes. Eyeshadows blend easily over this. I have used this quite a few times now, and always with great results, but yesterday was a real test. I applied my eye shadow at about 5:30 in the morning, and when I looked in the mirror at 8 last night, it was not only still visible, but still matte and not creased at all. For me, that is truly amazing!

If you do not have truly oily lids, I would think this might be too drying. However, if your lids are a greasy mess an hour after washing your face, give this a try. The packaging is just okay, but you absolutely cannot beat the effectiveness, and the price is amazing for what you get. Very surprised but extremely pleased to get this level of quality from Wet N' Wild! Will absolutely repurchase this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lunazul5333

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer based on the reviews here on MUA. It was the first primer I ever used so I didn't know what to expect. I am 51 years old and the skin of my eyelids tends to be dry and crepe-y. I wanted something that would smooth out the skin and make eye shadow more uniform and long-lasting. This primer has a very tacky consistency so that it pulled at the skin when I was trying to smooth it out. My eyelid skin is so dry and the primer so sticky that it turned out a lumpy mess that actually accentuated my wrinkly, crepe-y skin. Putting powder shadow over it made things far worse. I couldn't leave the house like that so I attempted to remove it with eye makeup remover. I have to say that this primer has staying-power! I couldn't get the mess off! Had to start all over with washing my face.

That said, this MAY be a great primer if you have oily eyelid skin and no fine wrinkles. But for me, it was not a good experience.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer a primer that allows me to blend shadows and doesn't catch on my eyelashes. Sadly, this one just didn't cut it.

This one to its credit did not crease on me, but the heavy texture didn't allow the eyeshadow to really shine through. In fact it really toned down the sparkle of a Wet n Wild eyeshadow and made it very difficult to blend out the colors.

After less than a month of usage, I found that the tip of the tube was clogged up due to the really gunky texture of the primer as well. At this point I was duly unimpressed and tossed it in the trash.

Honestly, I would only recommend this primer to those with very very very oily eyelids - the kind that creases with UDPP or TFSI. This stuff is hardcore, I'll give it to you that. Even if you rubbed hard or splashed yourself with water the eyeshadow wouldn't move. And that's great for a primer, but if it's desaturating the eyeshadow, then what's the point?

I've since upgraded to NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base, a far more flexible and light-weight eyeshadow primer that doesn't cling to my lashes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

I bought this after reading reviews here. I have been trying to wear some more glittery shadows and they wouldn't stay put. This primer works really well. It goes on smoothly and allows for a smooth application of shadow. Also keeps colors true and blended. I got the "For My Prima's" one. I had no idea there were different ones. I can't see that making a difference anyway. I've tried Laura Geller's primers before this. Which was more in a solid creme formula. That was ok. This is better. Not drying at all. I also tried Too Faced Glitter Glue. I didn't care for that one at all and it was more expensive. I really like the packaging on this one too. Just a really great product.