August 21, 2014 | 1803 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by strakale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really liked this product. It's very economical, you only use a tiny squeeze per eye, and it comes with quite a bit of product. I think I paid $4-5 for this, so that's really a steal for how long it will last.
This formula is thicker and drier than UPDD or ELF primer (other primers I enjoy). It isn't sheer, but also not opaque. It lightens quite a bit of my veins and other discoloration on my eyelids, but doesn't correct it completely (which is fine with me). It is slightly lighter than my natural eyelid color (and I'm pretty pale, I could see this looking odd or ashy on much darker skintones).
It did make my eyeshadow last quite a while and prevented creasing. Colors went on pretty vibrant, too. It dried fairly quickly & didn't leave much of a tacky finish, which is why I think colors aren't quite as vibrant as with some other eye primers, though it made blending shadows easier.
My only complaint about this product is that it is very drying. I know this probably doesn't affect many reviewers, since most are looking to avoid oily eyelids to keep shadows from creasing, so it's probably a benefit for many. I don't have oily eyelids, and I have very dry skin, so this can make my eyelids look crepey if I'm not careful. Also, a tiny bit got in my tear duct when I was applying to the inner corner of my eye, and it completely dried it out and was painful. I know, I know, I shouldn't be getting product near there, but it just reinforced how drying this formula is for me. Again, this probably isn't an issue for most, but those with dry skin, be sure to moisturize well and don't overapply.
I would still repurchase (though I may not need to, with so much product & so many other primers at my disposal) because it's a good product at a fair price.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by kfcoffey21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To say that I love this product would be an understatement. I've tried eye primers by ELF, Urban Decay, and Too Faced. The ELF primer was good for me at first, but I found as time went on my shadow was still creasing. As far as UD and TF, I just couldn't justify spending so much on such a small amount of product. I heard great things about the NARS primer, but again, I couldn't bring myself to spend that much. ANYWAYS, to the product that this review is actually for:

Once I used this for about a week I knew I'd never turn back.

PROS:
-Affordable (I believe around $4.99)
-DOES WHAT IT'S MEANT TO DO - I've been using this for many months now and it hasn't stopped working or doing less since the first day I used it
-Packaging is nice; no doe foot applicator (it's in a tube) so it's probably more hygienic PLUS you can actually get all of the product out unlike those bottles
-The amount of product - like I said, I've been using this for months and I still feel like I have so much more product left
-Thick consistency, so you don't need to use as much product

CONS:
-I'd say the only somewhat con for this is that it doesn't make my eyeshadow as pigmented as some other primers have, probably because it's a thicker consistency. It's not a big deal, just a slight thing that I've noticed.

I honestly don't think I'd buy any other eyeshadow primer ever again. This product is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing to add to the positive reviews, but this is definitely a dupe for UDPP Original, minus the price tag. I happened on a review just as I was finishing up a double size tube of UDPP. This is a MUST HAVE!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

This product is a true game changer for me after years of shelling out $15+ for eye primers. I have it in "A little party," a shimmery, rose-gold shade that's slightly cool on my nc25 skin but very wearable. Truly keeps my shadows on the entire day with minimal fading and I don't experience any creasing until the twelve-hour mark, which beats my beloved UDPP that creases after 8ish hours of wear. Overall, ill repurchase for sure, my only gripe is it takes a minute or two to set before applying shadow! Fergie's wet n wild line is hit or miss with me, but this one's a mega hit and the best primer I've found:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

All i can say is WOW! I got this at walgreens ovio cuz the reviews are frickin' awesome! My shadow lasts ALL day no budging,flaking! I even got the new shimmer one similar to the Sin by Ud. I HATE the UDPP they are super expensive for some Sh*t that does NOTHING! I compared both of these i put a small dot of each on my leg and topped it with shadow i put on leggings and went to bed 3 hours l8r the shadow on the UDPP was COMPLETELY faded while the Wet' n' Wild was still going strong and visibly there :) For reference i got the Anti-Aging UDPP so maybe that has something to do with my infinite hate (jk) but i lost the recite :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you normally buy UDPP in the original formula, this is good. I prefer Sin and when I use this it blends invisibly (which is perfect if that is what you want) but I miss the sheen of Sin so when my eyeshadow wears off I still have a wash of color on my eyes. If you like original formula primer or want an invisible base this is perfect. They do make a shimmery primer in this brand, but I have not been able to find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this primer! It doesn't make my eyeshadow or eyeliner flake. Before I used the elf primer but I think I will definitely be purchasing this again once I run out! One of the things that bothered me was when I opened it, a lot of clear water like liquid spilled out but other than that there was no other problems! Definitely recommend this product for oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by EHY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best primer I have ever had-my eye makeup stays on-even if I go to the pool with my kids. I have very very oily skin so gross smudgy eye makeup is a regular problem for me.
I heard about this from the Nouveau Cheap blog which I get daily. One good piece of advice her was to let it set for a few seconds before adding your eye makeup. It will set much better that way. Anyway you cannot beat the product or the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

So after reading all the hype about this product I decided to run and buy it. I have to say that even though most of the reviews are positive I didn't have much hope for this primer. I didn't think that this would be better than the too faced shadow insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
I believe I stand corrected and I really like the consistency of the primer right off the bat. I feel that it is thick enough to grip the eye shadow and I could feel it mattifying my lids. I also like the packaging it's similar to the too faced Shadow insurance. I have worn it for the last 7 hours and my gold eyeshadow is still vibrant.
I think that is a great product for 4.99 and I will definitely purchase a back up after all this talk about it probably being a limited edition collection. Thank you girls!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is definitely my HG eye primer. So cheap and it lasts for well over 19 hours, no joke. I used this for Christmas and it lasted til 2am and I applied it at 8am the day before. ONLY reason why it was 2am was because I was out with family all day and night and I took it off when I got home, but there still was no wear on it and no creasing. Colors were still the same as when i applied them at 8am. Unbelievable wear. I am super impressed and will always have this in my stash.

I have used this with UD shadows and the pigment is super saturated and stays put and have used it with lower end like ELF and same thing. This is a hidden gem and is definitely up to par with high end primers. I had absolutely NO problems with this at ALL. I HIGHLY recommend.