October 2, 2014 | 1156 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I have a fair amount of hyperpigmentation on my cheeks from sun and past acne. Large patches of it actually, and in the past, trying to use concealer just made those areas gray. I tried every high end concealer and it basically never covered up the brown spots to make my skin the color of my foundation. Once I'd sat with 3 makeup artists at Sephora as each tried concealers from MUFE, Tarte, Smashbox & Urban Decay on me, each time applying foundation over the concealer, but ending up with 'gray' large patches on my cheeks every time. I had already tried and returned the MAC concealer in the pot which had not only not covered my brown spots but broken me out badly. After all this, I had given up on concealer.

This crayon concealer somehow makes the spots and large discolored areas disappear. I put on a layer of Peter Thomas Roth CC cream which might be slightly darker than my fair skin, then I dab on this concealer only on the darkest spots on my face. Then I use either a flat top kabuki or small stippling brush to 'pounce' my givenchy photo'perfexion liquid fndn onto my skin (without having touched/blended the concealer spots previously). Everything gets blended together and the spots/discolored areas are gone. I do a minimal amount of blending of the foundation so that I don't lift off the foundation and any concealer. It's unbelievable.

Since it's the only concealer that's ever worked for me, I think it's the best one ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by gabbarcelo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OMG!! This product is my favorite undereyes concealers (drugstore) for the simple reason that it not crease at all even if I had a long day at the office. I can wear it probably for 8 hours without any creasing.. But I don't think for the face is the best one only because I like more a FULL coverage over my probleme area on my face.. BUT STILL WORK SOOOO GREAT under the eyes that I will buy this product over and over. The bad only.. I wish they have more color choice

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a fan! It is not a full coverage concealer, but it's a great product to use to conceal minor flaws and discoloration. This is something I will always keep nearby. I love the packaging and how easy it is to use, it is absolutely super blendable and on me it doesn't cake. It also lasts through the day! I am still searching for my HG concealer that can handle the darker areas under my eyes though. This product will brighten under my eyes but not cover or conceal, so if that is a trouble spot for you, keep that in mind.

Getting a good color match will be important...I can see how this would look ashy or orange if you choose the wrong one. For reference I am fair with neutral undertones, around a NC15 - NC20. I got the concealer crayon in Fair/Light (n1-2-3) and it is a pretty good match.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this concealer! I am extremely picky with concealers, so I was very happy that this one worked for me. I heard about it from Nicole Guirrero's beauty channel on YouTube, and I am so happy that I did! It is very affordable, first of all. Second, it is exactly what it claims to be : super blendable. It blends perfectly with my skin tone. It also gives great coverage. It just has a really smooth, creamy consistency and I love it. I saw some reviews on here saying it's too dry for their skin, but I don't understand how... because my skin is very dry sometimes and I have not had any problems with it caking up on me at all! I love this stuff so much, definitely will be repurchasing once it runs out(which could take a while!). It also has great packaging. It's super easy to use, you can just throw it in your purse and go. It doesn't get messy at all since it's in a stick form. L'oreal, ya did good!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted a crayon concealer because of the ease of usage. However, this is too dry for my skin. I only use it under my eyes and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference in concealing my dark circles. But I do have to give this product credit for not creasing under my eyes and looking uneven after a whole day of wearing it. I will be searching for a better crayon concealer once I've finished this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by lorlan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The first time I used this I thought this probably is not for me but to be fair I was in a hurry. Now after using this every day for the month or two, I love it. Easy to use and just lightly patting it on my dark circles. I am fair and have been obsessed with my dark circles since the age of 16, now in my 50's. Makeup just vanishes into my skin even all the so called all day 24, 18 hour whatever. High-end-low end doesn't matter. Using a primer does help and this could be why this concealer lasts longer. It goes on smoothly (n123,?, 2nd lightest),and waiting a minute or two after applying and lightly patting if needed. My biggest worry is creasing and it doesn't do that to my surprise. Maybe not my HG but one of the best that has worked for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

Did not cover my pimples on that day of the month, so you can't use it for that. When I used it under my eyes it looked very odd. My skin looked dry and dull even though I have oily skin and my skin is young and fresh. I would not buy this conclear again. It makes your skin look lifeless, ashy, and dull. When i used this product my skin kinda looked like a combination of eating unhealthy food, not drinking enough water, and like I haven't been sleeping for days....... YUCK I don't think any girl wants to look like that especially when there skin doesn't look like that without any product on there face, and they actually work hard on a healthy lifestyle. This product dose nothing, i don't recommend it AT ALL.!! Since this product does not cover well for big pimples, I would recommend Hard Candy camouflage conclear for acne or acne scars I bought the Hard Candy product after this and WOW works better than most high end concelars.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMommaxO

I HATE this concealer! I have NEVER had a concealer make me look so ashy & it didn't cover well at all! Will never buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Lisafrank

the packaging is cute, this concealer always wore off my face within a few hours though

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

First concealer I would repurchase. This is not a HG one yet, but I do love it. I love this whole True Match line so this is perfect. Its a crayon which I love because I am very busy and do not have time to be perfect with my application, I need something quick and does it job.
It is creamy (could be creamier, hence the one less lippie) and does cover well. I have a few age spots or sun spots, no idea what they are, but they appeared when my son was born 7 years ago, lol. I am very self conscious of them and this covers them well. It covers my under eye area well without caking or making that crepe look I HATE. I just appear more awake and I love the wear. This stuff lasts on me all day without moving & I forget its even there. Sometimes I just wear it without anything and I love the look.
I am a NW20 and tried this in N1-3 but next time will try the C1-3 to see if there is a difference.