October 25, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

This is an amazing product!

I would never have bothered with these, except there was a sale. Now that I've tried them, I'd say they're a good value even at regular price! I initially bought the shade Pink Rebellion, which is a deep pink with a hint of fuchsia. When I realized what a terrific product it was, I went back and picked up Pink Resistance (a peachy pink) and Lilac Ever After (a MLBB pinky mauve). Yes, the shades change when the stain develops - -almost all staining products do that. However, the L'Oreal shine stains seem to just develop into a deeper version of the gloss colour, and they do it quickly, so you can tell what your look will be within a minute or so of application. Once the shade develops, it stays put for HOURS. Both the stain and the glossy effect stay quite fresh even through eating and drinking. It's kind of incredible.

I haven't had the trouble others refer to with damaged lips, but I can see what they're saying -- my lips do feel a tiny bit tight after a day of wearing this product. But it's nothing compared to the aftereffects of most long-wearing lip colours (e.g. two-stage paint-plus-gloss lipsticks, or dry matte longwearing lipsticks). And this is the first long-wearing lip colour I've had that doesn't require any kind of touching up with gloss to stay looking nice. It's also the only one that gives the option of a sheer-looking coverage; usually sheer lipstick or gloss means constant retouching. I love the versatility!

Because the quality is SO high, I'm not even taking a lippie off for the terrible, terrible perfumey scent. It bothers me a bit when I first apply. Fortunately, it does disappear after a short time, so it won't stop me from wearing them, but I thought I should make mention of it since it is very strong initially.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Darling17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the red shade in Juliet and I like it very much.
It really lasts a lot. You can eat and it will not smudge. My lips are small but full and one layer is enough, but for deeper impact sometimes I put the second one. The only con that I can think of is that I feel I need to put a lip balm over it, it dries my lips a little bit. That's why I will put 1 lipstick less in overall rating.
Anyway, I will purchase it again once I finish the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have these in almost every colour and plump for them over all of my other lip products now. The vinyl-like finish feels light on the lips, and doesn't dry in the least. What's more, they last very well - significantly better than lipstick. The smell is raspberry yogurt to my nose, and I find that appealing.
My favourite is Juliet, which is a beautiful light red - very flattering. It could be that these products differ overseas because looking at Google, there is some inconsistency with the names. My second-favourite is the lovely suitable-for-everyday Romy, and I wear the vampy Milady for thrills.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by redstampede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Packaging: Love the elegant packaging; looks and feels nice. Interesting/luxurious design.

Gloss: Much like the YSL gloss, the color Pink Rebellion comes out like a medium pink, pigmented gloss (it also feels cooling because of the chemicals) but dries to a darker stain. As others have noted, the color is very different (medium pink to dark mauve) in the tube then the final shade. For that reason, (and for the weird cooling effect) while I enjoy using this stain, i have no interest in the other colors in this line (as much as I love L'oreal products) and would probably not repurchase this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by therealiluvbmx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color doesn't really match the tube. I bought pink resistance and infinite fuchsia. I have OK pigmented lips and pink resistance is like a lip balm to me, doesn't give me any color. And infinite fuchsia is suppose to be pink, but on my lips it's like a reddish pink, which is not what I want! I have to say though that this is very moisturizing for my lips and its staying power is pretty good. Just remember to apply a few layers after waiting for a few minutes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I was really excited to try this as I heard it was a dupe for the YSL glossy stains! I don't think this is a great product. I purchased the shade 101 Lolita (I don't know the US name), which is a nice rosy pink.. but when I applied it to my lips, it turned a red colour and that wasn't the shade that was in the tube, so that was irritating. Also, you have to apply a few coats of it to get an opaque colour and the 'gloss' builds up and feels sticky. It's not the most comfortable lip product, it stays on fairly well but I don't think I could get used to the texture. As for the colour, it may come out true to the tube if I concealed my natural lip colour :/

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: These made my lips peel like crazy. Took it off at the end of the night and used lipbalm before bed as they they felt dry, woke up in the morning and literally had an entire layer of skin coming off.

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I like how it's 30 percent water and I love the colors and the staying power, and how you're able to drink & eat without worrying BUT... The pigmentation is horrid, I literally have to layer 4 times to get a decent color (it isn't difficult to layer as some mention but still, 4 times?!) It also goes on feeling like water which I like but then it turns sticky and slightly uncomfortable, when wearing this you will KNOW you have something on your lips but meh you get used to it. I hit no for repurchase because it didn't have a "maybe" option and as of right now I'm not sure these are worth the 14 dollars...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely adore this product. The only color I have is the red one, as that is the only one I was interested in (sucker for red lips...). If you want a long-wearing red lip product that you don't even really need to touch up for like, six hours, this is the one for you. It goes on a bit glossy, it's very comfortable, not too sticky, and eventually dries to a beautiful stain. I love the applicator and the packaging. Save yourself the money with YSL and check these babies out. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cbailey4111

I have two of these, Pink Resistance and Rose On And On. I really like them both. They can be applied using the doe foot for full color, or smoothed on with a fingertip for a less bold but still pigmented look. They dry down to a thick, slightly sticky finish, which I actually kind of enjoy. Lipbalm-ish. They last forever on your lips, and the stain they leave behind is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

The commercial caught my eye!

And after reading posts from other MUAers, and it being compared to YSL Rouge Vernis, I was excited to try a similar product for a fraction of the price.

PROS:
- long lasting
- personally, I like the colours as I'm a big fuschia and red fan
- great price point

CONS:
- let's start that I have thicker lips...perhaps for those with thinner lips, they may have experienced less uneven spread as I did
- when applying, it has a very uneven spread, meaning that when I try to brush my lips with a thin layer, it stains so quickly that certain areas stain darker than others. The issue with this is when you try to compensate on the lighter areas, they end up staining darker than the original dark areas, and so on. Basically, it is very difficult to to achieve an even stain and gloss
- the pigments are unlike the YSL one. YSL glosses have a great pigment to it. This gloss tends to...I don't know, fade into another colour than the original application. Not sure if it is due to the post-stain or oxidations.

Unfortunately, disappointed at the quality, and I do not beliee it is the same formula or similar product than the YSL Rouge Vernis. I would not buy again, but if it works for you, great.