Revlon Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

3.1

on 4/19/2014 8:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Awful product. It's got a really lightweight sheer consistency but I couldn't for the life of me get it to apply without streaks. It oxidised in no time at all and felt really greasy on the skin.

on 4/10/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

One of the worst "BB Creams" in the drugstore, I can't even call it a tinted moisturizer because it's so sheer it doesn't even look like there's anything there. Plus it just made my skin feel sticky and greasy.

on 4/10/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Whenever I buy something without checking MUA reviews I live to regret it.
I am very pale - ivory/buff in CS, vanilla in PR - and I bought this in Light. My skin is moderately oily w/ multiple break outs. I've been feeling a bit mask-y lately so I tried this during a BOGO 50% off when I bought more CS.

It initially applied ok and match wasn't horrific. There was more coverage than i expected too; b/t light and med but a little closer to the light end.

By the time I finished getting ready for work I had to repowder myself. Twice. And the original powdering was pretty intense. I quickly turned orange and incredibly shiny throughout the day. My face has never been so reflective. And this stuff also melted through my super strong concealer. I hate to think how terrifying it wd have been without mattifier underneath.

Never done it before but I'm returning this to CVS. Total fail Revlon.

on 3/26/2014 1:31:00 PM

I was excited to try this because a lot of gurus loved it, but when I got it it was good at first, then after a while it got all separated and wouldn't mix together. It got so gross

on 3/26/2014 2:31:00 AM

I really wanted to try a bb cream, and wanted one with as much coverage as possible, kind of like a foundation, but without the foundation look/feel. MUA reviews made me think this was the one--drugstore wise.
This was not the one.

Super greasy makeupy feel. I felt like i had to keep washing my hands after I touched my face, and after a few hours the formula totally melted on my face and became blotchy. Also, kind of orange, and I have fair complexion, so I bought the light.

Did nothing for me!

on 3/25/2014 11:38:00 PM

The products wasn't horrible. It had decent coverage. The color match was great. Didn't irritate my skin or make me break out or anything. My only problem was it made me look and feel EXTREMELY greasy. For that reason, I threw it out. The greasy feeling would just keep coming back even if I powdered and took an oil blotting sheet to my face.

on 3/25/2014 3:21:00 AM

I purchased this because I felt that my foundation was too thick for the everyday natural look I like. I love Revlon's foundations so thought that their bb cream was the perfect starting point. Plus, it has SPF 30, which was a huge plus.

I found that the shade here was pretty much perfect. It matched my skin tone pretty much exactly. However, it was a very thick consistency. That usually does not bother me, but with this product it just made it hard to blend in. Plus, it just felt very greasy. I suppose that that is a good thing if you have dry skin, as it added so much moisture, but on my combination skin it just made me look oily. I got round this by applying powder over the top to set it, but this defeated the purpose of having natural looking makeup. The formula was so greasy that I struggled to apply tiny amounts of powder. Whilst it did make my face look flawless, I just had wanted something more natural. I never did wear it without the powder: it was just too oily.

I also wasn't too certain about the staying power. I'd go out at 9am, and by time I'd get back at 4pm it had just slicked down my face. It didn't keep my blusher in place too well, either, which was a shame.

Basically, this product wasn't for me, but that doesn't mean it didn't have some redeeming factors:
1) if you have dryer skin I imagine that this would add lots of moisture, as even on my skin it did feel very soft
2) If you have time to reapply, then this is perfect. If I had taken the time to blot at lunch and perhaps added a little coat to the areas where it had faded, I'm sure that it would have kept me looking perfect all day long
3) when applied alongside a powder, it leaves your skin looking flawless. Most bb creams I have tried provide a much more natural coverage, which I personally like, but if you are after a thicker coverage from your bb cream then it would be great for you
4) overall, the price was pretty decent. Considering that you are getting such good SPF coverage and a good amount of product, it is a good bb cream for the money
5) it didn't oxidize on my skin, which is always a plus :)

Downsides:
1) Greasy on my combination skin
2) Didn't last too long: would need blotting and reapplying
3) a little too thick for my liking

Two lippies for me, but that is just considering my POV. If the above issues are not important to you then I'm sure that this would be perfect for you.

on 3/18/2014 10:50:00 AM

Blended well, provided good coverage, and looked great. Fair shade matched my fair skin very well. However, it's very oily, made my skin feel like an oil slick. Also had a pretty strong sunscreen scent that lasted for hours. Not sure if the scent made me think this, but it actually felt like I put normal sunscreen on my face, which is way too harsh for my sensitive skin. Loved the packaging but the product inside didn't seem worth the $9.99 price tag.

on 3/11/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I find that one thing with reviews on bb cream is that the people who hate it, (not all) have tried Asian bb cream. I have tried both. I don't like most Asian bb creams for the gray cast they give. Some American bb creams do the same but this one does not.

Firstly if you are very oily you may not like this. It's got some slip and some shine.

It's thicker and creamy and applies nicely. I have the shade light. It's a little more on the yellow side. It blends nice. There's no sparkle like the foundation has. Give it some time to set though. If you powder the shine right away it's not as nice. I like the look of this after an hour. I have dry skin I never powder but upon first use I did because of the shine. Turns out I didn't actually need it once it settled. I have used the Garnier one and love it but i wanted to try something new and something with more sun protection.

It has SPF 30 which is great. I didn't need moisturizer before application! It wears nicely throughout the day.

The coverage is sheer. It's build able but still on the sheer side if you have any problem spots you may need concealer.

Now is this the HG of bb creams? Nope. It's not a miracle worker and it's not super impressive but it does look nice and does what it's supposed to. I'd get it again if there weren't better coverage products out there but for the price and accessibility it's good.

on 3/6/2014 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin and even after using a facial serum and moisturizer, it still clung on to my dry skin, making it really obvious and cakey, even though it's a BB cream. =/