July 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Inked in Pink

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I like the pot, love the colors, most are too bright for my tastes (I'm a paralegal in a kind of stuffy law firm). This one I use in the middle of my lid, paired w/ Bad to the Bronze on my lower lid and Barely Branded up to my brow as a highlighter = subtle, pretty color w/out looking like I'm heading out to a nightclub. When I use as a base for my powder shadows = much longer staying powder is afforded to my powder shadows. Alone and w/out setting w/ UD All Nighter, this stuff lasts approx 6 hours in full color and then starts to fade, but still looks OK. When set w/ UD (which I do almost every day - my whole face, not just my eyes) = on from 6 am until about 8 pm, then starts to fade, but still visible when I remove my MU around 10:30 pm.

I am not talented when it comes to applying eyeshadow (and I've only recently started wearing e/s), but even I can make this look good = I'm a happy girl!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loving this creamy color tattoo. I have been wearing it daily for the past month and have been pairing it with purples, grays, browns and blues. It really brings out my brown eyes. Such a soft lovely shade that enhances any pink shadow I put over it. Sometimes I'll wear a matching shimmering pink over it, or if I don't feel like shimmer that day I'll just throw a matte pink over it and the shimmer doesn't show through. I do find that if worn without primer it will crease by the end of an 8 hour day, but I just rub my finger over it and it looks okay again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love! I'm slowly collecting nearly all of the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows because (a) they absolutely do not crease on me at all (b) easy to apply with fingers or brush and (c) really fun colors. I'm now layering Bad to the Bronze over Inked in Pink, with Barely Branded as a base. Recently purchased Sephora's Pro Cream Shadow brush (#28) and finding it makes application smooth and quick. Great job, Maybelline--now how about some additional matte colors?

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Inked in pink is a shiny,pale tender pink eye shadow.It brings some luminosity to the eyes! I use this color on my lids,at the beginning of my eyes,under my eye brows. It last pretty long on the eyes! For a soft tender look! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like the others in this line, I love this one too. Although this is more subtle and shimmery than the first wave of ones that came out in fall, it makes just as powerful a statement on. Kinda a ballet pink, rather than bubblegum, with a nice subtle frosty effect. Makes my brown eyes pop and layers nicely under others in the Maybelline Color Tattoo line. Awesome, last super long product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my first colour tattoo and I love the staying power! I just wish it was a lighter pink colour. I layer it under MAC's naked lunch and put mulch in the crease. Its a lovely look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Inked in Pink is a frosty pale to mid-tone pink with a metallic finish. It feels very light when swatched and applied. It has a medium opacity but can be built up to full opacity on eyelids. This is an excellent eyeshadow for both undertones, however, if you do not like shimmer then stay away from this because it is a very frosty look. You can use this eyeshadow by itself (preferably for fair skinned girls), or as a pink base. It is very creamy and lightweight. A favorite eyeshadow I look to put over Inked in Pink is a gold color, creating a perfect rose-gold sheen on the lid ( I use ELF's Golden Goddess studio pigment)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because Temptalia gave it an A+. This is the same great formula as Bad to the Bronze and Barely Beige but it's just not a color I love. That's why I won't repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say, I literally have nearly EVERY Color Tattoo out there, so I was SO excited to see this new "METAL" line. Unfortunately, I am not at all impressed with these.
I got the Metal versions in Inked in Pink and Barely Branded.

Pros:
-5 new shades to choose from
-Creamier/easier to blend around on eyelid than older Color Tats (women with delicate/maturing eye skin might appreciate this)
-Sheer, but buildable
-Does SLIGHTLY act as a base/intensify powder eyeshadows that you place on top (but technically, so would a dab of moisturizer, or anything!!)...

Cons:
-Colors are pretty sheer; the more you build it up, the more it seems to just fade and crease...
-Colors do not function well on me as a stand-alone color...
-Does NOT last! The other Color Tats lasted ALL DAY, even WITHOUT a primer! Without a primer, these were creased and hideous within 2 hours, no joke!! "Setting" with an eyeshadow over the top made no difference in lasting power, either.
-Do NOT function as eyelid primers for lasting power, like the old ones do
-Pretty expensive for a drugstore product ($7), especially when you can't use it!
-Color not true to what it looks like in the pot (for this particular color). Personally, this color (Inked In Pink) looks awful on me (NW20, brunette, brown eyes). It looks like a gorgeous cool-toned pink in the pot, but on my eyelids, it turns to a warm, peachy-pink that makes me look like I have eye disease.

P.S. The Barely Branded shade I snatched up because I thought it might be a good dupe for MAC's Painterly, but no. Honestly, the quality of this new line is so disappointing. I love my makeup and I love to collect "unique" shades/formulas, but I'm pretty sure I'll be taking these two colors back, and just getting a MAC Paint Pot...something I NEVER do (purchase high-end); I'm a die-hard bargain hunter! The colors aren't great or even novel, they don't "grab" eyeshadow placed over them very well, and they CERTAINLY do not LAST. I literally have no use for these! :'-(

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic metallic light pink color that goes very well with a brown/dark brown crease shadow. It really opens up the eyes. Stays on all day. It is part of Metallic color family of Color tattoos, which is very hard to find in stores. These Maybelline Color Tattoos are just amazing, the vibrance of a cream shadow with the longevity of a powder!