April 19, 2014 | 1687 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - inked in Pink Color Tattoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ChemicalMonster

Inked in Pink is a frosty pale to mid-tone pink with a metallic finish. It feels very light when swatched and applied. It has a medium opacity but can be built up to full opacity on eyelids. This is an excellent eyeshadow for both undertones, however, if you do not like shimmer then stay away from this because it is a very frosty look. You can use this eyeshadow by itself (preferably for fair skinned girls), or as a pink base. It is very creamy and lightweight. A favorite eyeshadow I look to put over Inked in Pink is a gold color, creating a perfect rose-gold sheen on the lid ( I use ELF's Golden Goddess studio pigment)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this because Temptalia gave it an A+. This is the same great formula as Bad to the Bronze and Barely Beige but it's just not a color I love. That's why I won't repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say, I literally have nearly EVERY Color Tattoo out there, so I was SO excited to see this new "METAL" line. Unfortunately, I am not at all impressed with these.
I got the Metal versions in Inked in Pink and Barely Branded.

Pros:
-5 new shades to choose from
-Creamier/easier to blend around on eyelid than older Color Tats (women with delicate/maturing eye skin might appreciate this)
-Sheer, but buildable
-Does SLIGHTLY act as a base/intensify powder eyeshadows that you place on top (but technically, so would a dab of moisturizer, or anything!!)...

Cons:
-Colors are pretty sheer; the more you build it up, the more it seems to just fade and crease...
-Colors do not function well on me as a stand-alone color...
-Does NOT last! The other Color Tats lasted ALL DAY, even WITHOUT a primer! Without a primer, these were creased and hideous within 2 hours, no joke!! "Setting" with an eyeshadow over the top made no difference in lasting power, either.
-Do NOT function as eyelid primers for lasting power, like the old ones do
-Pretty expensive for a drugstore product ($7), especially when you can't use it!
-Color not true to what it looks like in the pot (for this particular color). Personally, this color (Inked In Pink) looks awful on me (NW20, brunette, brown eyes). It looks like a gorgeous cool-toned pink in the pot, but on my eyelids, it turns to a warm, peachy-pink that makes me look like I have eye disease.

P.S. The Barely Branded shade I snatched up because I thought it might be a good dupe for MAC's Painterly, but no. Honestly, the quality of this new line is so disappointing. I love my makeup and I love to collect "unique" shades/formulas, but I'm pretty sure I'll be taking these two colors back, and just getting a MAC Paint Pot...something I NEVER do (purchase high-end); I'm a die-hard bargain hunter! The colors aren't great or even novel, they don't "grab" eyeshadow placed over them very well, and they CERTAINLY do not LAST. I literally have no use for these! :'-(

8 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic metallic light pink color that goes very well with a brown/dark brown crease shadow. It really opens up the eyes. Stays on all day. It is part of Metallic color family of Color tattoos, which is very hard to find in stores. These Maybelline Color Tattoos are just amazing, the vibrance of a cream shadow with the longevity of a powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by monkeyr159

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this Color Tattoo! Inked in Pink is probably my favorite one out of all of the ones I've tried (Tough as Taupe, Bold Gold, Bad to the Bronze, Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer). It has a super smooth consistency, and the color is just great. It's not too pink and super wearable on it's own or layered under any other eyeshadow! And it's permanent, which is another plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by sigiliaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i love inked in pink . the colour is not like in your face pink, also i feeling like this color is the colour tattoo that is easiest to blend into a pretty sheer base, and its an amazing base.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I came upon the new Maybelline Color Tattoo display recently at Walmart and was immediately drawn to this shimmery rose color. I think my jaw may have hit the floor because I love the Color Tattoos and this one is a cream shadow equivelant to one of my favorite eyeshadows ever - UD Scratch. Inked in Pink is even lovelier on the eye than in the pot. And it has that wonderful creamy consistency that most of the Color Tattoos have (no glitter in this one, just metallic shimmer). I am pleased to learn that this color and the other metallics will become part of the permanent line. More neutral colors is exactly what this line needs and this one is so, so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love Maybelline`s Color Tattoo cream eye shadows and when I saw a display at Shoppers Drug Mart featuring 5 new shades I had to get them all. Inked in Pink is gorgeously stunning, a golden pinky champagne with a metallic finish. Formula is creamy, blends like a dream, and stays in place all day. I have worn it a lone as a lid colour, but also makes a great base for some of my MAC pink shadows; Naked Lunch, Expensive Pink, Miss Piggy, Yogurt, Frisco, Gleam, Swish, Da Bling & Girlie. Overall a wonderful and versatile cream shadow....highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This cream shadow is absolutely amazing for the price. I would describe it as a pink champagne that is very heavy on the pink but still very wearable. I love to pair it with plummy browns, purples, and taupes. Maybelline has truly stepped up their game to beauty consumers like us who are looking for great, innovative products at the drugstore. I hope they continue to put out new shades.