Chanel Le Volume De Chanel

4.2

Aqua, synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Acacia Senegal Gum, Triethanolamine, Butylene Glycol, Carnauba wax, Glyceryl stearate, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Tocopherol, (+/-, CI 75470, CI 77007, Ci 77163, Ci 77288, Ci 77289, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, CI 77510, Ci 77742, CI 77891, Mica).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My stats:
complexion - brown skin like Kelly Rowland
curly lashes

I absolutely love this mascara! Even after trying other mascaras I always come back to this. It is super black, it volumizes, and it lengthens my lashes making them look really long and full. My stylist even asked me recently if I was wearing false lashes!!! My lashes are somewhat long, a little thin, and they are curly. I don't use any primer with this mascara but I when I have time I usually apply several coats - maybe 4 to 5. When I apply this mascara I like to also make sure I coat the top side of my lashes because this helps to: 1- straighten out my lashes so they look more uniform and 2 - to ensure the tips are coated to make my lashes look their longest.

I have tried many other mascaras and like I said this is my favorite. A very close second, to get a similar look, would be L'oreal's telescopic in Carbon Black followed by L'oreal's Voluminous curved brush mascara. This combination gives me the length and volume but it takes a bit more time and it is not as black, but my lashes still stand out and I also get compliments. That's my dupe!

on 5/21/2014 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an absolutely amazing mascara. It was a gift so i'm not sure how much it costs, but i know that being Chanel it would be worth a pretty penny. But its worth it. It is fantastic. My high end competitors for this would have been Givenchy Noir Couture and Dior Show Iconic in Overcurl. But Chanel wins. Hands down. It makes my lashes longer, thicker, fuller, lifts them up and i can put coat after coat with ZERO clumping.1-2 swipe for that natural maybe I'm born with it sexy lashes, and 3+ for the night about town i have fabulously long lashes. Never spidery, and never clumping. I've been using this a lot over 2 months and its just perfection. I would recommend this always and every time.

on 5/15/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

OMG nothing compares to this. I've used Dior, YSL. With this you get volume in ONE swipe, You'll have to use MUCH more product, much more time, in other mascaras and STILL wont get the same volume this will give you.

If you dont like heavy mascara - ie. if your a Chanel Inimatable Intense or a Dior Extase kinda girl (which I so totally am), still buy this too - this will give you the same effect defined, natural, but quicker in ONE SWIPE.

It speeds up my mascara routine - LITERALLY two swipes and I'm done. And of course you can build it up to whore lashes if you want to go further. Trust me no other mascara will give you this much volume - even if you build it up.

In short 2 swipes Chanel le Volume = 10 swipes other Mascara (but the other mascara will give you clumps)

GO BUY IT NOW! stop wasting time thinking to be or not to be! You will NOT regret it! xox
NOTE! Wiggle it at your lash line then move out - you will not have spider lashes

Having got at least 3 different mascaras on the go (bit wasteful I know) I am now on my 2nd tube of this mascara (the others are Clarins Be Long (which is nice for everyday wear) and Elizabeth Ardens Beautiful mascara which is Ok I suppose) as this is my ultimate favourite. My eyelashes are average I suppose, neither long or short, but with this on they really stand out. Yes, it is pricey but I don't mind forking out a bit more if a product performs well and in my opinion, on me, this does.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing! One of my HG mascaras. The price is steep, but what else do you expect from Chanel...right? It has the same concept as "They're Real" Benefit Mascara. Tiny bristles that catch every lash. The mascara formula is right in the middle. Not too watery or too thick. I can get great volume from two coats, but three coats gives me that false lash look. Besides the price tag, this product is fantastic.

NOTE***

Carson's/Bon-Ton stores have GoodWill sales where everything in the store is 20% OFF including make-up. I suggest looking out for a sale like this and then go to the Chanel counter to pick one of these up. I only tried this because of the sale, and I'm glad I went for it. Now, I stock up whenever there is a 20% off sale.

on 5/7/2014 10:34:00 PM

Purchased a sample off e-bay and will soon be purchasing Diorshow to compare.

It does add volume and makes my lashes look more dramatic which I like. I have fairly long lashes and have come to realize I prefer volume mascaras and I cant stand "spidery lashes". The only thing that I am not sold on is that it does not seem to hold a curl for long which is important to me. If I find a similar product that can hold the curl Chanel is out however if not I would consider repurchasing.
I found it a bit difficult to wash off but comparable to other dramatic mascaras and I don't care for mascaras that come off easily anyway as it seems to extend to other areas, transfer, rain, etc.
If you like dark, thick lashes I'd give it a shot.

on 5/7/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like the formula but the brush and barrel are too big for my scrawny, fragile little lashes.

on 4/27/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

A couple of years ago a makeup artist gave me a tip for applying mascara, especially when it is new. After you remove the brush from the tube, blot off excess with a paper towel. While this sounded wasteful to me, but it turns out it is quite effective, especially with volumenizing mascaras. You still get the thickening effect but much less globbing.
I love the way it looks - it's so dark it makes my eyes pop. And I've never had a smearing problem. It comes of easily. It does flake a little upon application but I've never had any flaking problem later in the day.
I work for Macy's so I get it with my store discount. Otherwise, I don't think I would buy it again - it's too expensive.

on 4/27/2014 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello spiderlashes.... I did not spend this amount of money to end up with four lashes per eye! I have very full and long lashes, and I also have quite a lot of them. The only thing this mascara did for me was to clump them all together.

The brush is kind of terrible, which I think is what makes the lashes clump together. I'm not too happy about the super-wet formula either.

I'm hoping I'll like it better when it dries out a bit more, because as of right now I really hate it. Not a product I would say Chanel should put their name on.

The two only thing they got right: the mascara is super black, and the packaging is nice.

on 4/25/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this yesterday hoping it would be as wonderful as reviewers said it was. Still looking for a perfect mascara, I spent the $41.44 willingly. Well, although it's good, it's not perfect for me. I can see how it could be if someone already had long lashes. It was said to work with only one coat, but it didn't.

Pros:
- very black
- nice consistency
- not as spidery looking as 3 coats of other mascaras
- does a better job than most products on lower lashes
- brush is easy to use
- lashes can be built up carefully without looking too fake

Cons:
- one coat does not do the miraculous job it did for some people
- it did flake when I put it on, but after wiping off the flakes it didn't flake again
- didn't make my lashes spectacular or extra long
- costs as much as ten regular mascaras on sale

I'm giving this 4 stars because it is the best mascara I currently own, better than Diorshow Iconic Overcurl which cost almost as much.

Edit May 6, 2014: I have since tried out numerous new mascaras including Hypnose Star, and they were all failures compared to this. I may not find this to be perfect, but it is better than everything I've tried so far. It's just not the ultimate.