October 31, 2014 | 1038 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by vialuminosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My ABSOLUTE favourite! I couldn't believe my eyes literally! Such a drastic difference to all the mascaras I used before, as if everything was a kind of parody compared to this! This mascara's worth its weight in gold!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best mascara I've used! I find a lot of 'volumizing' mascaras end up clumping my lashes together and weighing them down but this one is fantastic. The big brush coats every lash and gives my lashes length as well as lots of volume! I like to apply 2 coats of this for big dramatic eyelashes!

I'd definitely recommend this! I actually bought another one recently and after just a week of using it, I misplaced it and couldn't find it anywhere so ended up running out to buy another one as I couldn't be without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. Received a sample of this and it's amazing makes lashes longer and fuller in one sweep!!! X

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many of the reviewers here, I also got Le Volume de Chanel as a sample so I can't fault their marketing campaign for this product. Having just finished an Elizabeth Arden Lash Enhancing mascara which has an elegant spiral bristle wand, my first reaction to Le Volume was shock at the size of the mammoth silicone spiked pine cone (official term: patented "stacked snowflake" comb).

I have short, downward-pointing eyelashes which look transparent against my dark eye make-up, so any mascara to enhance their visibility is better than none and some clumping is tolerable. Le Volume delivers as promised by adding plumage to my thin eyelashes and, although it's not designed to be an extension mascara, this can still be achieved by application on the hair ends.

UPDATE: after over a week of using Le Volume, I've changed my mind and it's definitely a "must-have" that I'm going to buy the next time I pass through duty free. I hesitate to designate HG status to any particular product, but Le Volume comes close: I've been indifferent to mascara for a number of years, but Le Volume has re-ignited a passion to make the most of my God-given eyelashes. And I forgot to mention that it makes my eyelashes curl all day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is life changing! it will give you length, curl and thickness beyond your wildest dreams. if you are looking for a "natural lash look" stay away from this one. If dramatic is what your after then this is your HG

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Chanel in Debenhams Birmingham. The MUA had this on and it looked amazing.She had told me that she had not curled her lashes and i thought "yeah,right"!. Tried it a few days later myself and it really does an amazing job of curling your lashes and making them look fuller. If i had to be critical i would say it is expensive for a mascara and does come off a bit if your eyes weep so i wish it came in a waterproof format . I also own YSL babydoll mascara and the Chanel Le Volume looks more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference I have dark, long (careprost), medium thick lashes and love high impact mascaras. Dior Show and YSL Effet Faux Cils are two old favourites. I detest Hypnotic Star by Lancome and have never tried an even remotely useable drugstore mascara. Despite many tries. I have never liked any of Chanels mascaras before this one.

Pros:
Great if you like dramatic rather than natural lashes. A lot of volume is promised and a lot of volume you get.

So fast and easy to apply. When I first got a sample of this it ended up in my handbag, turning out to be the perfect mascara to use on the go. No rubbing, working or second coats needed, so I can even use it in the car while being driven. The rather wet formula helps the colour reach around every lash without coaxing.

Very deep black colour. (10 Noir)

Wears like mascara should. No flaking or running.

Nice tube.

Cons:

Wet and good for quick, no fuss application, if you prefer a more sculptural mascara to manipulate and build you should probably look elsewere.

A little too much mascara ends up on the wand that you may like to wipe off. Like always it seems with this type of product (="dramatic" mascara). (Only Geisha Ink manages not to, look it up if you want more natural looking volume without wiping the wand).

It smells nice, but why put fragrance in a mascara? No one, including me, is going to smell my lashes much.

Overpriced - naturellement..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nanclares

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?? YES,YES, YES!!!! Just incredible!!! I have been looking for the perfect mascara through years, belive me , I have tried almost everyone , the last one: Dior overcurl,nothing to do whith this one. I have quite thin lashes, not short but not many, and i always look for something that makes the miracle! That turns my normal lashes into FABOLOUS lashes, and of course, never found that. Believe me when I say this is something unvelibable! Just amazing the effect you will see. Instantly my 15 lashes turn into 15millions lashes. You can weare it for a whole day and it will stay perfect untill you go to bed, not flakes at all. And it stays perfect until you end the tube, what I think is great, because many mascaras dry in a few months. Not allowed to those who like a natural effect! The price? Not cheap 32€, but worth every cent, really. If you need a mascara that gives real volume thickness, and butterfly effect at the same time, stop searching, and really try this!! You will be surprised as I did!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara. I still prefer hypnose, because I feel it does less damage to my lashes, but le volume definitely gives much more of 'le volume', while adding the same amount of length. The packaging is gorgeous, sleek and simple, and the price is...very chanel. Definitely over-priced, but department store makeup always is. I personally find it comparable to benefits 'they're real', but I think it's a richer black (which is betttterrr). My only problems with it are that it can feel heavy (though I layer and layer on mascara, and use diorshow primer underneath), and that I noticed some breakage whilst using it. Still a great mascara. I wouldn't repurchase only because I prefer lancomes and I'm not a millionaire.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jujubmxx

I have the shortest straightest lashes so mascara is an absolute must. Have been switching around mascaras for the past year after ending my long term obsession with the classic dior show. I had been using the original falsies volume express by maybelline, which was really hit or miss. On good days, it would make my lashes look so long, but on bad days, they would look short and clumpy. Also, that mascara could not keep a curl.

This mascara was just eh at first: caused my short lashes to be so clumpy. But then I started doing this and boy is it the best mascara I've ever used: WIPE OFF EXCESS PRODUCT FROM THE APPLICATOR W/ A TISSUE AND YOU'LL GET THE BEST LASHES EVER :) I generally just curl, apply a lancome base, and then chanel and my lashes look so long and fluttery w/o looking too spidery. Plus, it holds the curl and doesn't smudge, but is so easy to remove! Plus, wow, does it make my lashes look black and glossy (unlike dior show which sort of reminded me of a matte mousse).

The brush has the whole "snowflake tip" deal which is nice, but will clump your lashes if it has too much product on it. The product itself has that high-end makeup smell haha. The packaging design is perfection, so sleek and beautiful, but make sure to turn the cap into you hear a faint "click" (really easy to forget and why I took off a lippie).

pros: makes short, straight lashes look amazing (when wipe of excess), packaging design is gorgeous, stays all day but washes off w/ ease
cons: 30 bucks for a mascara, have to remember to twist cap all the way, can clump lashes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No