July 22, 2014 | 1684 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

The only reason I tried this mascara is because several of the YT beauty gurus I suscribe to raved about it. And...like a fool - I fell for it. I know mascara is 100% subjective to each individual, but I felt there had to be some truth to all the reviews.

My lashes are long but sparse so I like dry, volumizing mascara formulas. This mascara clumped my lashes almost instantly. I couldn't even comb through the lashes a second time with the wand without causing more problems. It was just very, very bad. I wore it one day and returned it the next. I can't waste over $30 on a mascara that makes my lashes look nasty and spidery. I've returned to my beloved Almay Get Up And Grow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Iheartmydh

Hands down the best mascara I have ever used. I have longish, light lashes, which are of medium thickness. They end up looking like falsies after a few coats. Very black, thick and long. Lasts well. Formula is not dry, but not ultra wet that it's messy. The brush is size, for me, is perfect. I give each eye a coat, then another, so they dry a bit between coat, no clumps and goes on smoothly. I will absolutely repurchase, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite mascara ever... it makes your lashes both long and thick. It is quite intense, so it might not be everyday wear for some, but it is for me because I love the dramatic false lash effect. You have to be careful when applying this as if you have too much product on the wand it can clump on application as it is so thick, so I advise to only dip your wand in once and that should be enough to cover both lashes as a lot of product gets on the wand. It isn't waterproof, though it doesn't claim to be, and I resolve this by putting on Bare MInerals Locked and Loaded as a finisher and then it is waterproof if you want it waterproofed!

If you want awesome lashes this is the mascara to get...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyelashes are really quite, well, meh. Fine and medium length, nothing to write home about. This does add volume and thickness, but as with any mascara you have to be careful to put a little on from the bed of your lashes and not load it up on the ends too much to prevent it from smudging, because it does, it does end up panda eyeing you by the end of the day. But if you are sparing with it and take the excess off the end of your lashes with a q-tip, it'll last, won't smudge and will give you eyelashes some definite volume. Thing is, it's so expensive.
Also, it will NOT clump if you are sparing with it. I apply mine to my lashes from the bed, then take off excess with a q-tip, then add more and repeat taking off the excess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara has become my new holy grail! I still absolutely love my previous holy grails (GA Eyes to Kill, Lancôme Definicils)... but this product takes mascara to a new level. One coat is enough to bring out the beauty of your eyes. However, layered with my favourite bases - Dior Lash Plumping Serum + Lancôme Definicils + Le Volume de Chanel = KILLER LASHES! Leaves you looking bright-eyed and finishes eye makeup off perfectly. It stays put all day, is a glossy deep black colour, easily removed, and well it's Chanel. I've tried a few other Chanel mascaras, and this has definitely been the best one in my opinion.

Warning- the other reviews about the consistency being too runny, well yes, it is true to some degree. However, that shouldn't put you off using it. Just make sure there is not too much product on the wand, and apply it with QUICK strokes. Now that I am such a fan of this mascara, I almost consider all others to be too dry.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you love super dramatic albeit slightly clumpy mascara (e.g. Lancome Hypnose Drama), then this is the mascara for you. What I want from my mascara is thickness, length and lift without sacrificing definition. I really liked the thickness and length that Le Volume De Chanel gave me, however the formula was too wet for my liking leaving me with tarantula legs instead of lashes. Combing out my lashes with a metal lash comb separated them slightly, but should we really have to take extra steps to get the high end $39 CDN mascara to work?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think people realize how much we actually depend on mascara in our makeup routine. Heck, for some people that's the only part of their makeup routine. It's the single most sold makeup product on the earth, and comes in a wide selection of shapes and sizes to fit all eyelashes and eye-shapes. Thus, there is really no perfect mascara, is it?

Well, wrong. Because this really is the perfect mascara. I have typical eyelashes - medium in both thickness and length. I love length, and I love volume, and for me this is the ultimate wa-wa-woom mascara. I curl my lashes with my shu uemura, apply three coats of this mascara, and my eyelashes look amazing. You can just build and build, and there is no end to it. If eyelashes could wear high heels, then this mascara would be mile long, jet black Christian Luboutins. It is that good.

Back to the whole "perfect" thing. In my opinion, a good makeup product is a product that can work for a lot of people. This mascara delivers this - My friend with super long lashes loved this, my asian friend with straight and tiny lashes loved this, and I love it! I am convinced that this works for everyone, I even picked it up because the sales lady said she was wearing it, and her eyelashes looked so long and luscious that I couldn't help myself - even if the price-tag was 50 freaking dollars (310 in NOK). The people who dislike it mostly have problems with it in the beginning - it can be a bit on the too wet side when you first use it. Just have patience and play with it, and when the first two weeks of use pass it get the perfect consistency. I actually recommend wiping of the excess product that sort of just stick to the end of the wand the first times you use it. That way you wont apply too much mascara to the lashes or put it down into the tube again.

I am on my third tube of the black one now, and I plan on trying out the other colors too. A quick tip of advice: Buy this on tax free if you're European like me. It's insanely expensive in Norway compared to the US, I bought it for 215 NOK at taxfree, and 310 NOK at home at the local makeup counter. So if this is a HG for you as it is for me, stack up on it when you're traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG mascara for me. On my third tube. Love it. I have used both the Prun (plum) colour and black. It is smooth and glossy. It is wet, but not too wet, and not heavy. It holds a curled lash beautifully but actually curls my lashes too, when I don't want to be bothered with my eyelash curlers. I just apply it in an upward lifting motion, and hold my lashes up while it dries, and voila - curled lashes that hold! The brush grabs and coats every lash. It adds volume, drama, definition, and a bit of length. I do swipe the excess off on a paper towel before applying, but I've never used up all the product in a tube of mascara before it's not longer safe/too dry to use so that's no big deal to me. I find a tube easily lasts 3-4 months and looks as good at the end of its life as when new (don't need to wipe off as much excess when a bit older, as it's a bit drier). It never smudges and never flakes - not even when the tube is 4 months old. The only negative for me is the price. But I love it so much (I've tried so many mascaras and am very picky!) it's worth it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Krystinbeauty

Mega volume, doesn't flake and Chanel is always gracious with samples definitely worth asking for one and trying. Does not dry out nearly as fast as Diorshow. My current everyday mascara and I get compliments on my lashes all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by metalmynx63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. Just...wow. Like some other reviewers, I'm a Dior Iconic user, till I got a sample of this. I just used it for the first time today after it's been sitting on my vanity for a few weeks, and I'm so happy I tried it. My lashes went from blah to whoa with just one coat, and that was without curling. I realized I had a winner, so I did curl the lashes on the other eye before applying and it looks like I have false lashes on - with only one coat! I will definitely be buying this after my Dior is done. Love it!