November 27, 2014 | 962 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by typocinnamongrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. My lashes are a moderate length, but lack volume. I'm always hunting for a new and better mascara, and I saw this one mentioned randomly in a YouTube video. The results were fantastic! Although I admittedly spend much more than I should on cosmetics, one of the things I refuse to spend big bucks on is mascara for the obvious reasons. This was my first high end mascara purchase and I wasn't disappointed! It really does give your lashes an intense look. It volumizes fairly well, but it lengthens even better. The brush is very nice, and the formula is very wet. It reminds me of a more intense version of L'oreal's Carbon Black, which is one of my favorite mascaras.

I will say that this needs to be applied with care. I normally curl my lashes and apply 2-3 coats of mascara. It is 100% necessary to PRIME YOUR LASHES before using this mascara. I can't stress this enough. It has the tendency to make your lashes stick together, and it will clump slightly. One coat is all you need. Seriously. That's it! I would never go beyond 2 coats max. If you overdo it, it will turn out terrible. I rub this into the roots of my lashes well on the first swipe, and turn the wand a little as I work it up. Normally I'd do short quicker strokes, but this one takes a little more finesse.

For the price, I think I may pass on purchasing it again, just because I'm pretty satisfied with my drugstore mascaras. L'oreal has some great ones and Maybelline has a couple that are nice as well. If you have $30 to spend on mascara, I say go for it. Just be careful when applying!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this mascara even though $30 is more than I have ever spent on a mascara, because I was so sure I'd like it. Man was I wrong! I can't understand why this mascara has such positive reviews. My lashes were all clumpy and there was a blob of mascara on the end of almost every lash. When I tried to comb them, it didn't really do much to help, but now I had flakes everywhere--in my eyes, on my face, even on my lids. I had somewhere I had to go, so I cleaned it up the best I could and left it on. I am really looking for a mascara that will not flake and will darken them so that they stand out more and look more finished. So far, I've had the best luck with Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes and Lancôme Definicils. I think I'll just stick with those.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:05:00 AM More reviews by vialuminosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My ABSOLUTE favourite! I couldn't believe my eyes literally! Such a drastic difference to all the mascaras I used before, as if everything was a kind of parody compared to this! This mascara's worth its weight in gold!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of the best mascara I've used! I find a lot of 'volumizing' mascaras end up clumping my lashes together and weighing them down but this one is fantastic. The big brush coats every lash and gives my lashes length as well as lots of volume! I like to apply 2 coats of this for big dramatic eyelashes!

I'd definitely recommend this! I actually bought another one recently and after just a week of using it, I misplaced it and couldn't find it anywhere so ended up running out to buy another one as I couldn't be without it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. Received a sample of this and it's amazing makes lashes longer and fuller in one sweep!!! X

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many of the reviewers here, I also got Le Volume de Chanel as a sample so I can't fault their marketing campaign for this product. Having just finished an Elizabeth Arden Lash Enhancing mascara which has an elegant spiral bristle wand, my first reaction to Le Volume was shock at the size of the mammoth silicone spiked pine cone (official term: patented "stacked snowflake" comb).

I have short, downward-pointing eyelashes which look transparent against my dark eye make-up, so any mascara to enhance their visibility is better than none and some clumping is tolerable. Le Volume delivers as promised by adding plumage to my thin eyelashes and, although it's not designed to be an extension mascara, this can still be achieved by application on the hair ends.

UPDATE: after over a week of using Le Volume, I've changed my mind and it's definitely a "must-have" that I'm going to buy the next time I pass through duty free. I hesitate to designate HG status to any particular product, but Le Volume comes close: I've been indifferent to mascara for a number of years, but Le Volume has re-ignited a passion to make the most of my God-given eyelashes. And I forgot to mention that it makes my eyelashes curl all day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Gia_milano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is life changing! it will give you length, curl and thickness beyond your wildest dreams. if you are looking for a "natural lash look" stay away from this one. If dramatic is what your after then this is your HG

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Chanel in Debenhams Birmingham. The MUA had this on and it looked amazing.She had told me that she had not curled her lashes and i thought "yeah,right"!. Tried it a few days later myself and it really does an amazing job of curling your lashes and making them look fuller. If i had to be critical i would say it is expensive for a mascara and does come off a bit if your eyes weep so i wish it came in a waterproof format . I also own YSL babydoll mascara and the Chanel Le Volume looks more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference I have dark, long (careprost), medium thick lashes and love high impact mascaras. Dior Show and YSL Effet Faux Cils are two old favourites. I detest Hypnotic Star by Lancome and have never tried an even remotely useable drugstore mascara. Despite many tries. I have never liked any of Chanels mascaras before this one.

Pros:
Great if you like dramatic rather than natural lashes. A lot of volume is promised and a lot of volume you get.

So fast and easy to apply. When I first got a sample of this it ended up in my handbag, turning out to be the perfect mascara to use on the go. No rubbing, working or second coats needed, so I can even use it in the car while being driven. The rather wet formula helps the colour reach around every lash without coaxing.

Very deep black colour. (10 Noir)

Wears like mascara should. No flaking or running.

Nice tube.

Cons:

Wet and good for quick, no fuss application, if you prefer a more sculptural mascara to manipulate and build you should probably look elsewere.

A little too much mascara ends up on the wand that you may like to wipe off. Like always it seems with this type of product (="dramatic" mascara). (Only Geisha Ink manages not to, look it up if you want more natural looking volume without wiping the wand).

It smells nice, but why put fragrance in a mascara? No one, including me, is going to smell my lashes much.

Overpriced - naturellement..

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nanclares

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?? YES,YES, YES!!!! Just incredible!!! I have been looking for the perfect mascara through years, belive me , I have tried almost everyone , the last one: Dior overcurl,nothing to do whith this one. I have quite thin lashes, not short but not many, and i always look for something that makes the miracle! That turns my normal lashes into FABOLOUS lashes, and of course, never found that. Believe me when I say this is something unvelibable! Just amazing the effect you will see. Instantly my 15 lashes turn into 15millions lashes. You can weare it for a whole day and it will stay perfect untill you go to bed, not flakes at all. And it stays perfect until you end the tube, what I think is great, because many mascaras dry in a few months. Not allowed to those who like a natural effect! The price? Not cheap 32€, but worth every cent, really. If you need a mascara that gives real volume thickness, and butterfly effect at the same time, stop searching, and really try this!! You will be surprised as I did!!