Urban Decay NAKED Basics

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/28/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this palette for travel because its light-weight, compact and has the basic neutrals for an everyday look and a matte black which I use for liner. The shadows are smooth and very pigmented, similar to the larger naked palettes. I usually apply 'naked2' on the lid, 'faint' in the crease, and 'venus' as an inner corner highlight. My only dislike with the product is that I wish they included a tan, or mid-tone brown colour because 'naked2' and 'w.o.s' look very similar on my skintone.

on 11/26/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my go-to palette for day-to-day eyeshadow. Most days I do not wear eyeliner, but I love this palette. It can work for day or night. The shadows in it are: Venus, described as an "off-white demi-matte (read, slightly pearlescent), Foxy, a light yellow matte, Walk of Shame, a pinky-nude matte, Naked2, a taupe matte, Faint, a brown matte, and Crave, a dark brown/black matte. All of the shadows are very finely milled, and highly pigmented. They swatch smooth and creamy and apply the same way. They make blending a breeze. Of all of the shadows, my favorite is Venus. I use it as a brow and tear duct highlight with almost every eye look I do.

on 11/20/2014 4:26:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I prefer to do a neutral eye and these shades are absolutely perfect for everyday wear. With the primer potion they will literally last from when I do my makeup at 7 AM until late into the evening. I'm hesitant to purchase one of the full Naked palettes because there are a lot of shades I likely wouldn't wear, but I use all of these regularly. Te only issue I had was that the black chipped a little after a so-called friend knocked this onto the floor and then proceeded to get all over everything I hold dear - the other shades, my contact case, my toothbrush ---- clearly a tragedy.

on 11/18/2014 9:16:00 PM

Okay. I get it now. I had been scratching my head over this palette for quite some time and could not understand all the rave reviews. Now I have it and I understand. This goes on like a dream. Stays for hours and hours. I love that it looks like I am not wearing eye shadow and my eyes just HAPPEN to be fabulous! You can achieve a very natural eye look that is just simply pretty. I'm very happy that my curiosity lured me to buy it.

on 11/17/2014 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've gone through so many "neutral" makeup palettes in my day... and let me tell you, save yourself the trouble and get one of the Naked Basics. I was hesitant to purchase the full Naked palette because of its price, since I knew I wasn't going to use all of the colors, but I got the Naked Basic right away. There are 6 very wearable, natural colors that work with all skin tones and looks. The shadows themselves are wonderfully textured and pigmented, and blend beautifully. If you're more into the natural eye look than crazy colors, this is the only product you should invest in, because it's worth every penny.

on 11/12/2014 8:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is really nice to have because it contains a nice array of nude matte shadows to use for any eye shadow look, one of which happens to pretty much match my skin tone exactly. I'm glad that it includes black, because as some of the other reviewers have mentioned, a good matte black shadow is hard to come by. The only thing about this palette is that sometimes the eye shadows can be a bit on the powdery side, but they still blend with other shadows nicely. I think this is a great staple for anyone who wears eye shadow frequently.

on 11/12/2014 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! when choosing to decide whether to buy this product or a cheaper MUA version or a more expensive two faced version its a no brainer! this product can easily transform your look from daytime to night-time with its neutral and dark shadows. I most commonly use W.O.S on my lid and naked two in my crease with faint in my outer v. i will definatley be purchasing the naked basics palette. you may think its expensive but considering the quality is totally worth it!

on 11/11/2014 12:51:00 PM

I really do love this palette. It has all the basic neutral colors you need to do a multitude of looks. I used it almost everyday for months. The colors are very smooth, and apply really nicely. I love the matte browns and black, its so hard to find matte black shadow. The only thing I find I don't like about this palette is the colors do not blend well, its really difficult for me to achieve a Smokey eye look with this because,especially the darker colors, do not want to blend. so I moreso just do a basic, all over lid, crease, and highlight look. For the money you pay for this you would really hope that the shadows would blend better.

on 11/11/2014 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to eyeshadow palette when I can't think of what else to do with my eye makeup. It has 6 eyeshadows, all of which are matte except for one which is a satin. The case is small so it travels well. The name really tells all, this is an eyeshadow palette with some basic colors. But they are colors you cannot live without. You get three light tones: a satin ivory brow highlighter, a bone color, and a pale pink-toned color. And you get three browns: a light taupe brown, a medium neutral brown, and a black brown. If you like to go very classic with your eye makeup, this will be your best friend. I use this for my work makeup almost everyday. The light brown in this palette is easily my favorite. You can really get a variety of looks with just these six colors, all of which are very pigmented and blend beautifully. The darkest shade also works well as a liner when used wet. I will continue to repurchase this again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've only been using 5 of the 6 colours in this palette because Foxy doesn't work well with my NC30 skin, but other than that I love this palette! The eyeshadows are highly smooth and pigmented :)

Popular Palettes

NAKED
NAKED
The Nudes
The Nudes
Contour Kit
Contour Kit

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Simple Daily Makeup Tutorial (Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) by Anna Boroshok

Top Rated Urban Decay Products