August 31, 2014 | 1043 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I don't usually wear waterproof mascaras so perhaps my review isn't as valid as someone who wears it all the time, but I wanted to find something that would work for a trip to Florida I will be making at the end of the month. I wanted something that was beach friendly. I had previously tried L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes (waterproof) and liked how it looked, but was having some eye irritation and wanted to see if it was from that. Not so sure it was, but oh well I like to experiment.

Anyways this is mascara makes your lashes look nice and natural, but a little more dramatic....not incredibly dramatic. It will be a nice mascara to use for the beach.

The staying power is good. It is sort of dry and possibly irritating to my eyes. It comes off easily with makep remover and water. The lashes aren't stiff or spidery. The mascara tube is huge, but surprisingly not uncomfortable or clunky when used.

I have never really been a fan of Cover Girl makeup, period, but I will probably give some of their regular mascaras a chance in the future.

Update: Still like this mascara, but it was no good for the salt water. Spent many hours in the Gulf of Mexico and this stuff smeared all over the place towards the end of the day. I pretty much gave up on make-up at the beach after that day lol :) Oh well! You live and you learn I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lizard5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this, because I've had problems with clumping with a LOT of other mascaras and I've heard really good reviews, BUT... it didn't hold up to my expectations. For one, I didn't like the brush at all, which is a shame because it seems like a good idea. Because it was curved, it only seemed to get some of my lashes on the inside and outside, but not in the middle. I had to turn the brush in all different directions to get all my lashes, Another thing is while this formula doesn't clump nearly as much as other brands, it still clumped some for me, and my other mascara (CG lashblast fusion) doesn't clump at all, so no real plus there. This mascara also didn't seem to give my lashes any length or volume, either, which is what I go for when I put on mascara. Good try, Cover Girl, but this one just didn't work for me. I'll finish out the tube, but I won't be getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Does what it says on the tin ;) I actually wasn't interested in Clump Crusher from the name & marketing; clumps aren't a huge problem for me usually. But when I saw the brush I thought I'd like to try it. I have loved the Fusion formula (purple tube) for a long time, but the enormous clumsy brush is a downside. I feel like this is about the same formula, but the Clump Crusher brush is a HUGE improvement. The slight curve, the ability to choose whether you are loading on lots of mascara or separating lashes, the ability to get into the corner lashes and shorter lashes - it's a really good brush, and the applicator is as important as the formula when it comes to mascara.

It's harder to get quite the same level of volume with this as with Fusion, but it does stand up to multiple coats really well -- even after drying or almost drying, where other mascaras would clump or flake for sure. If I decide I don't have quite enough of a dramatic look, I can add a little more of this without a problem.

Like the other "water resistant" CG formulas, this is really not waterPROOF, but it does stand up to a little rain, watery eyes or a quick cry. And it doesn't smudge because of oily lids or emollient creams/concealers, the way truly waterproof formulas often do. So it's a good everyday formula for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LunaGirl09

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I have naturally straight, long lashes so I have to curl them everyday (because of glasses) and have to make sure I use waterproof mascara so it can hold the curl. The first time I used it, right away my lashes started to uncurl. I've used it several times after that with the same result. I've tried to use this along with another waterproof mascara that does hold my curl to see if it helps, and it does a bit but not so much. I do love that it does not clump the times I have used it but unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl and that is a deal breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I should probably put a disclaimer out there that I have very long, thin eyelashes that have natural curl to them, so I can't comment on whether or not this mascara holds a curl. I look for two things in a waterproof mascara: The ability to thicken my wimpy lashes and resistance to my watery eyes. I really feel like this mascara is a homerun for me in those two categories. At the end of the workday, my mascara hasn't budged, and I don't notice much flaking either! I have a feeling that this mascara will come in handy for the upcoming summer months! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by pheebz7

After reading many good reviews on this mascara as well as running out of the mascara that I am currently using, I decided to try the Clump Crusher mascara. I only wear water proof mascara, it being that I have short lashes that are very hard to hold curl and water proof formulas seem to help with that problem. While I was applying this, I thought, wow! It looks really great and of course, no clumps! I went on to do the mascara on my other eye and when I looked at the previous eye, I found that my lashes were droopy and sticking straight out, as if I wasn't even wearing mascara at all. Bummer, because they looked really good before they fell. This mascara looks good on lower eye lashes so I will use it up for that purpose, but unless your lashes hold curl well, I would not recommend this mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by babalu_who

Honestly, my experience with this product was just a comedy of errors. I had been using the water-resistant formula of Cover Girl's Lash Blast Fusion mascara (the one in the purple tube) in "Very Black" for a while, and was very happy with it. But I left it in the car one too many times in hot weather, and after three car detentions the product was thoroughly cooked. So I did my homework, and found out that people seem to love the new CG Clump Crusher formula. I was excited to purchase it...

...And then I tried it. Despite all the clump-free claims being made about it, after the first or second swipe (from a brand-new tube!) it had deposited clumps on my lashes. I rarely suffer clumping issues with mascaras (which is why I don't bother with the high-end brands) and so I was genuinely surprised that this mascara was so prone to clumps, even when brand-new. (For a moment I actually thought I had put it on incorrectly and checked the package to see if there were special directions! Not so, however.) I combed out the clumps, at which point the mascara was similar in coverage to your basic, $2 black mascara--nothing impressive, stiff feel with little thickening of the lashes, and no major "pop" or impact aesthetics-wise, even after two coats. Still, I left it on and went about my business.

...But then came the final insult: a few hours later, it had flaked EVERYWHERE. Into my waterlines, onto under-eye circles, cheekbones, all over. I've never had a mascara do that so prolifically--it was ridiculous. It was a warm day, and those mascara flakes had started to melt into my makeup, so that when I tried to dust them off, they actually smeared into black charcoal-like streaks on my skin.

I wrote the problem off, thinking it was just the weather or the fact that the product was BRAND NEW and maybe needed some exposure, or something. So I tried the product for a week (on both curled and uncurled lashes)--with the same terrible results every day. Thank goodness I'm a stay-at-home mom--the only person who caught me looking like a crazy raccoon was my sweet 2 year old.

Maybe it was an odd batch, but I've never had these problems with any other mascara, and I've tried a bunch. For a smooth-applying, clump-free, water-resistant, lush mascara with intense pigmentation that really emphasizes the eyes, I would stick with CG Lash Blast Fusion.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by kristal5479

i really liked the cover girl lash blast clump crusher waterproof mascara for my lower lashes since my top lashes kept coming down with this mascara. i would not buy this product again but i do recommend the cover girl lash blast volume waterproof mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by tiny101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this mascara based on the amazing reviews on YouTube and MUA, but perhaps the waterproof version just doesn't compare to the regular; I have not bothered to try the regular for various reasons though.

[ PROS ]
- It really doesn't clump
- Creates separated and clean-looking lashes
- Doesn't smudge or run even in the rain

[ CONS ]
- Does not lengthen by any noticeable amount
- Barely any volume added to lashes
- Does not hold a curl (which is imperative for my short/straight Asian lashes)

All-in-all, the pros cannot redeem the cons. I would never repurchase or recommend this mascara to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sexyglam

I love huge, voluminous, black lashes, that being said this mascara by itself is just ok. So why the four lippies? I usually layer my mascaras and apply many layers of another volumizing mascara which leaves clumps than I follow up with this one as a way to comb thru or define my lashes. The product does do what it says as it leaves very little to no clumps and somewhat lengthens lashes but the comb does separate lashes well and give them a good amount of volume. Again, it just depends on how you like your lashes to look, for those of us who love falsies looking lashes this product by itself may disappoint however, as a layering mascara saved for the very last step it works great.