LUSH Let the Good Times Roll

4.4

Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water (Aqua), Corn Oil, Polenta, Fair Trade Organic Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn

on 11/7/2013 11:26:00 PM

Love this. Absolutely love it. From the scent to the consistency to the benefits it provides my skin, this product is absolute perfection. I think I would cry if LUSH took it away. I have combination skin, and I can use this product year-round. It definitely leaves a sort of hydrating residue on your skin, which takes some getting used to. Don't get me wrong though - the feeling is quite exquisite. I use this every night and just adore this product. My skin looks so radiant and fresh pretty much all the time now. I do use a little bit more product than suggested just because this stuff is less pasty than some of the other LUSH cleansers and I like to have a bit of a thick layer on my face instead of just the granules it breaks into, but that's honestly just personal preference. I think this is the best of the LUSH cleansers. If you have oily skin, give this a shot. I think it may balance out your skin well, though maybe you wouldn't be able to use it year-round. Everyone else, stop thinking about it and just go get it. You won't be sorry. Even if by some slim chance you don't like the product, it just smells so good you won't care. Sometimes I walk into my bathroom just to smell this stuff. Kind of curbs my cravings. Thank you LUSH!

on 11/3/2013 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've tried all of the other Lush cleansers that you pinch off a piece if, mix with water, and make a paste, and this one is the best. LTGTR makes a smooth paste that doesn't fall apart when you apply it to your face. It's really an exfoliator rather than a cleanser. The cornmeal and polenta are grainy enough to exfoliate better than Herbalism or Angels on Bare Skin, but it's more moisturizing than Dark Angels. I use this a couple of times a week as my morning cleanser. It makes my skin soft and smooth. It used to be a seasonal product for Christmas, but the SA told me that now it's a permanent part if the skin care line. And it smells like cinnamon cookies.

on 10/14/2013 12:19:00 AM

How have I lived without this for so long? On my last trip to LUSH, I bought a pot of this based purely on the smell. I LOVE IT. Seriously, I know everyone knows how great it smells, but I am going to say it again- IT IS AMAZING. Like popcorn, cinnamon, caramel and everything delicious. It was literally love at first sniff.

I usually avoid LUSH cleansers because I like to use my Clarisonic Mia2 once, sometimes twice, a day depending on how my skin looks and feels that day, and even a gentle exfoliator can mess up the brush head and that's just not something I want to chance. But after smelling this, I was sold, and reasoned that I can put away my Clarisonic on mornings to use this. It's seriously that lovely.

I use it about four to five times a week, and my face has never looked and felt better. My skin is so soft and smooth and I have no dry patches, which for me, is a really big deal because I almost always have dry skin around my nose, on my cheeks or between my eyebrows. I love how moisturizing it is as well and how it is gentle enough to use so often.

For a 3.5 ounce pot of this, I paid 12.95 USD which in my opinion is not that expensive considering how little you need to use. I just pinch off a pea size chunk, add a bit of water, mix it into a paste and I am good to go. I feel like one of these pots is going to last me forever at this rate! I am in love and will forever be repurchasing this.

on 10/12/2013 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Do I really have to praise the scent again? Well, yes, it deserves being mentioned again: HOLY CRAP, if it was eadible I'd so munch it all up!

But I think the taste won't be as great as the effect it has on my skin, so... Let's skip the nosh-up and rub it all over the face - the skin will turn out smooth and soft.

"Let the good times roll" is something between an exfoliator and a cleanser. I use it 2-3 times a week (the other days I use LUSH Fresh Farmacy and Buche de Noel). It is perfect for my skin, cause I have rather bad skin, pigmented spots, pimples, always oily... Yes, exactly, this nice look like someone puked a pizza over my face (okay, not that bad...).

As harsh exfoliators (like LUSH Ocean Salt) make my skin even worse cause they dry it out so much that it thinks "Let's produce even more oil!", the divine "Let the good times roll" with its gentle scrubs and the moisturizing but light oils is just perfect.

I use a bit about the size of a pea, mix it with a dash of water and rub it all over my face where it can do its work for some minutes (while I wash my body or stuff like that...). Then I rinse it off and - enjoy the soft and smooth skin that is now my own.

The price is not that high, one pot of LTGTR lasts for 2-3 months.

The worst thing about this product is that it's a Special Christmas Edition and as such will be gone, aaaall gone some weeks after Christmas... But you can hoard it, freeze it and use it all year. But as LUSH's got some more great cleansers (Angels on bare Skin ftw!) I use LTGTR as long as it's in stock and look forward to the next Christmas Special Edition when it hopefully will be available again.

on 10/8/2013 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I agree with the majority... yes it smells wonderful. *Let The Good Times Roll* is a very gentle, natural exfoliator. I have a free sample which is lasting forever since you only need a pea-sized amount to mix with a drop of water forming a paste. I'm in my late 40's with peri-menopausal dry skin, and I use this delightful "pick-me-up" 1-2x weekly after I cleanse with LUSH *9 to 5*. The only improvement I would like to see is something more beneficial added to this ingredient mix.... a bit of honey would be great.

on 10/7/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am on my third tub of this stuff, I really love it! My skin type is dry and acne prone, sometimes I get dry patches due to the topical acne gel I am using. I feel like this product was made with me in mind. It is extremely moisturizing, gentle, yet thoroughly cleansing. The granules for exfoliating are extremely fine and are nowhere near as coarse as St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I find that it effectively removes my foundation/concealer without needing to follow up with another cleanser or makeup remover. I have never gotten break outs from using it. My skin does not dry out or feel tight after rinsing. Instead, it feels soft and smooth. My pores look smaller and my red, flaky patches disappear. It has greatly improved the texture of my skin to the point where makeup goes on smoothly and I use less concealer. It smells sweet, like a warm cinnamon pastry. Definitely check this stuff out! It was a limited edition holiday item now made permanent for a reason.

on 10/5/2013 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yay, I just found this back at Lush' website! This is probably my favourite facial scrub - it has that perfect balance between having enough scrubbing action to feel that it's doing its job, without being too harsh on your skin. It's also very moisturizing, not drying in the least. And the sweet caramel scent is to die for! It's also not terribly expensive, as you only need to use a little and it lasts longer than you'd expect.
The ingredient list is short and natural: Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water, Corn Oil, Polenta, Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn. Yes, it has popcorn in it. Gotta love Lush for their crazy randomness!

on 10/1/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Lush recently brought this back due to popular demand.

First of all, the scent is what lured me in. I normally don't like skincare products that smell like food but this caramel/vanilla/butterscotch goodness was irresistable. I seriously want to eat it.

What I like about this the most is that is has scrubbing properties, but not too concentrated and harsh so it's still good for everyday. I wanted something a little less harsh than Dark Angels but strong enough to slough off the makeup and oil on my face (and no, Dear Lush Sales Associates, I am NOT interested in Ultrabland. Quit upselling it to me).

One star off simply because I feel like this doesn't help oily skin as much as the Dark Angels. Plus I hate how messy Lush's cleansers are, despite that I love their deli-style size choices. They need to come up with a better, more hygenic system of storing these cool cleansers.

This is a good overall cleanser for most skin types. It won't remove makeup in one wash, so you should wipe your makeup off with something else first and then cleanse with this.

EDIT 10/7/13: Never mind. I got too excited with that sample. Bought a jar, used it, and realized it does indeed leave this residue. Looked at the ingredients and saw that it contains corn oil, which is probably why there is a residue. I guess if you are into the oil cleansing method, this might be an interesting product for you. But I am not and I know my face cannot handle any oil touching it, so this is a no-no product for me. Sad, because it smells so good. But oh well.

Amazing. It's the only facial cleanser that has given me that true clean feeling. And the smell, well lets just say I wouldn't mind rolling around in a big pile of it. It's been discontinued, boo

I LOVE this cleanser! I bought it at first because it smelled AMAZING and the SA used a little on my hand and when washed off the skin looked so much nicer then the other hand.
After using this for a month with my lush toner and moisturiser my skin was flawless!! I haven't found a lush cleanser that is perfect for me till this one, most are either drying or oily and this sits in the middle.
I'm so upset it was a limited time product, I wish I bought 10 and put them in the freezer, I'll do that next christmas lol.